Why is the male in Star Trek species ugly and stupid looking, whereas the female is hot and conventionally attractive?

Why is the male in Star Trek species ugly and stupid looking, whereas the female is hot and conventionally attractive?

I hate this trope.

Attached: odok.jpg (692x530, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gabriellechana.blog/2017/08/24/brent-spiners-rape-loree-mcbride-rapes-brent-spiner-1992/
youtube.com/watch?v=SG9LMseZmy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's as if the show was made by heterosexuals.

because Rick Berman knew that sci-fi fans wanted to see thin attractive women in bodysuits on their shows
based Berman

What always bothered me was that the ugly-ass aliens always lusted after the attractive humans. Persumably they'd find humans as ugly as we find them.

DS9 and Voyager did it right, they flipped this on its head and showed lots of hot aliens lusting after unattractive cast members like Quark and Morn and Neelix and Harry Kim

Where's /trek/ guys?

but the female changeling looks just as ugly and stupid looking as odo

we took him for granted

>he doesn't find Rene Aubergine "conventionally attractive"

Man, being in the closet must suck.

They're not the same species, the female changeling looks just as goofy and a male Bajoran was the biggest Chad on the show. Great post apart from that though.

Attached: Bareil_Antos_2370.jpg (794x1062, 283K)

What are you talking about?
All the bajorans looked like normal people with weird noses
All the changelings looked like gross burn victims

>natural state is liquid
>can assume any form
>mimic the species you live with
>intentionally fuck up the face because why not

she keeps getting sexier

Attached: CsGh_NJUkAAjiIF.jpg (895x1024, 192K)

Alien or Severely Disabled?

Attached: ECAB3416-517A-40E3-B2E9-B8D9AABCC47F.jpg (2048x2048, 1018K)

t. Homo

I never got why Changelings, generally, take on a face similar to Odo's. It is established that Obo can't figure out how to do it (vague autism?) but the Changelings are shown time-and-again to mimic humanoids to the point of infiltration and sabotage during a heightened military standing... Yet their "natural" form when taking a humanoid shape looks like Odo? One Changeling shows up looking and acting like a spaceship and when he takes on humanoid form he looks like whatever race he most liked when he started gettin' into the solid-lifestyle. I guess I don't know what those aliens look like naturally but I assume if he could take the form of gas, fire or a working warp-core that he wasn't fucking that up.

I get that they did that for continuity sake, for audiences, but it boggles me a bit.

The actress that played the female-changeling was also the face of the "Ancient Humanoid" in their pre-recorded message, so I guess the Changelings are somehow related to them, and they kinda look like Odo a bit. Didn't have ears, which might account for the Changeling propensity to fuck them up.

Attached: Progenitor.jpg (1166x1080, 633K)

>Bareil
I wonder what his actor is up to nowadays. IMDB says he hasn't been in a production since 1998.

>she was 59 when this picture was taken
Hot damn.

Attached: cv.jpg (169x216, 8K)

>I never got why Changelings, generally, take on a face similar to Odo's
they took a form familiar to odo to make him feel more comfortable around them, friend.

In star trek the next generation where the females rule the guys are hot boy toy guys aren't they?

Also that planet where they run everywhere and you couldn't walk on the grass or you die or something.

I don't think that's true.

>Where is he now? The original producer of The Elephant Man Nelle Nugent told Riedel, “I think he’s raising horses in Kentucky or something”. According to the online interview, he actually keeps a cattle farm in Tennessee.
Based and cowpilled.

But why stick with it? Did the Cardassians give a fuck that they looked like Odo? Maybe Gul Dukat, because he knew Odo personally. But every one?

Hell, they couldn't taken on the appearance of gods, and really made people believe that the Vorta weren't just little faggorts.

>tfw you can never get the faces right

Attached: faces.jpg (741x494, 78K)

Now there's a man who won at life.

I guess this makes sense. I'm going through DS9 now and it really bothered me when Odo first met the changelings that they had the same hair as him. I can understand having trouble with humanoid faces being a species wide issue, especially considering their disdain for them, but they make a deliberate point of saying Odo's hair is inspired by the scientist who observed him. Making that a species thing also was just lazy and retarded.

My theory is the Founders are the Progenitors after billions of years.

we know the progenitors sowed humanoid life though out the Galaxy. meaning they were great at genetics. Founders whole think is genetics.

why hey all looked like odo? to let the viewer know what they are with just a look. in show? idk to make sure the Jemhadar know what Odo looks like.

having sex with your mom

Odo is not a bajoran.

Attached: go climb a rock faggot.png (743x534, 407K)

In the fall of 1992 Data was drugged and raped by an elephant.

Attached: 1522207307236.jpg (600x733, 29K)

EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION!

I HAVE A VERY REAL, VERY SERIOUS QUESTION! SHUT THE FUCK UP!

When Odo was turned Human by the Founders, the eugenics-genius Julian Bashir studied him and reported back "He's 100% human."

Okay. You got that? Fair? Did Bashir take fluid samples? DNA samples? COULD ODO CUM WHEN HE WAS HUMAN?

IF ODO COULD CUM WHEN HE WAS HUMAN, COULD HE HAVE SIRED HUMAN OFFSPRING WITH ANY RANDOM HUMAN WOMAN?

CAN THEY CLONE HUMAN ODO?

>he doesn't know about Gail

I assume he was fully functional

in spite of being a species that is capable of taking on any form, for their society conforming to eachother was #1, i don't think that for any real changeling that had been living among their own kind for so long would have any problem instantly adapting to have that hair before anyone had even it change bla bla bla etc ya its kinda lazy but whatever

gabriellechana.blog/2017/08/24/brent-spiners-rape-loree-mcbride-rapes-brent-spiner-1992/

Klingon males look alright

Several male hostile aliens of the week were alright too.

I remember Odo banged a chick at some point but I don't remember if that was when he was human or after he changed back

Why did Sisko keep calling Jadsia and Esri 'Old Man'.

Was the nigger going senile?

>Odo turns down the Luxanna
the fool, older women will teach you how to fuck.

He had very poor eyesight.

he knew them from when "they" were Kurazon. an old fuck trill. Think Riker if he was not in star fleet.

Early Spock was hot af though. The nurse lady in OST was so so.

the guy that played Lass (the changeling spaceship) was the same actor that played Mask. He was deformed already so I doubt there is much they could do besides make him look like odo

He banged a few chicks while he was still a goo-man, but when he got his Changeling abilities back, after being human, somebody, I think it was Bashir, was giving him some shit about books he was reading as a human; Books about raising children. Odo must've assumed (or had been told) that he could sire offspring.

I just want to know if Odo could have had kid, when he was locked in the form of a Human, if that kid could be a Changeling in any sense. Could they Great Link find the human child and force him to be liquid, like the weakened baby Changeling did to Human-Odo?

If the answer to that question is "Yes, of course." Does that mean the Great Link could absorb NON-Changelings? Obviously they didn't as a matter of common practice... But could they? If they can, at a DNA-level manipulate things to the point where one of their own could pass for Human even under genetic scrutiny, could they do it in reverse? Would a human-turned-changeling be a little fucked up?

to be honest, it wouldn't be surprising if they just had all the founders look like odo for the audience's sake.

Attached: Trent.jpg (578x729, 274K)

Ben Sisko was transphobic.

>aliens look like humans with makeup and knobs on their faces
This is, and have always been, absolutely retarded
>b-but muh budget constrains
Shut the fuck up basedfaggot

Hey barista, get me a vente...I mean a large raktajino. Last time you forgot the fucking whipped cream so i'm not tipping you shit.

Attached: guinan.jpg (552x399, 50K)

And Miles O'Brien.

I remember watching DS9 as a little kid and realizing my mom was moist for Bareil, uncomfortable as fuck.

Attached: 1547842131397.jpg (405x404, 27K)

The real question is why was best girl only in one episode?

Attached: Selar.jpg (250x250, 14K)

I thought I was the only one.

>you will never be told to wash your self after an adequate sexual encounter
why even live long and prosper bros?

>amazing face
>horrible wig job

I lust after Vulcans too.
TOS had the best girls, besides those two milfs in TNG

>horrible wig job
I'll stab you

Attached: Selar11.jpg (1458x1080, 363K)

>thinking this is ugly
can you be any more straight?

Attached: dukat2.jpg (692x530, 85K)

Thafs not that trill bridge officer from Generations
I dont even have to post a pic, you know the one

Attached: D7B7517A-2E4F-46AD-9785-E52CF3C607D1.png (1106x1012, 725K)

i can't think of a single alien species in this show that depicts the males and females as drastically different in average attractiveness.

Orions

Shooting blanks.

>But why stick with it?
continuity, mostly. only the important ones kept their odo-like appearance even out of his presence, so we the viewer would still know who they were without it having to be explained every episode or multiple times per episode.

That feel when no 1990 gf.

Attached: ishara yar.jpg (2048x1563, 2.18M)

Orion males aren't any more ugly than human males, though, it's just that their women are all super attractive. The same differences exist humans.

how many rape gangs do you think she was caught by growing up?

>can still stand upright
Not enough

depends. Worf is hot and has always been paired with hot women (jadzia. ezri, k'eleyr, that rom-gon mutt)

She ran a rape gang.

Been watching the original series, a little over halfway through the 1st season. I noticed that TNG, DS9, and Voyager overlap at times. Should I watch it in that order or just go linearly from TNG to DS9 to Voyager?

You can start DS9 in the middle of TNG season 6, after "Chain of Command, Part II". I recommend starting DS9 then.

You can start Voyager in the middle of DS9 season 3, after "Defiant". I don't recommend starting Voyager.

The one that died?

BunF>ing for Vee.

bajoran or Vulcan. Which would be the best to have as a rape wife?

Vulcan, mainly because she wouldn't make such a stink about it and go to every authority in the galaxy for help over glancing in her vicinity.

Attached: Gul_Rosot_and_Kira.png (720x540, 409K)

Attached: Female_Changeling_with_virus.jpg (692x530, 78K)

Bajoran
>Would constantly bitch about how you're worse than muh Cardassians
>Only satisified by reptilian dicks
>You can make her call you "Gul"
>Children will have broken noses
>Used to it so she won't react much
>You can make her roleplay as her own mother in a labor camp while you play a guard.
Vulcan
>Strong as fuck, might kill you
>Dumb hairstyles
>Can do neglect play when she enters Pon Farr
>Can convince them to enjoy it if you present your case logically
>Will probably tell you when she is most fertile if you asked.
>Probably a starfish in bed

Vulcan is the better choice

Lesbian, vagina on men, or pegging men?

she played several characters including a much sexier klingon

Attached: 8b4a678a3293e41a2886e1a12551b83d.jpg (608x1000, 48K)

This one from Insurrection?

Attached: Kell_Perim.jpg (855x820, 101K)

they should do a Star Trek episode where Cardies raid planets for rape wife's to bring back to their rape camps

the pah-wraiths ruined ds9
season 7 sucks
dax sucks in both iterations
kira is best waifu
bajor sucks
justice for dukat
odo and kiras romance was forced because they had no idea what to do with him
bashir looks like he has hiv in later seasons
worf is the biggest cuck in the quadrant

The worst part about Dukautists is that they think their opinions actually matter.

You can start Voyager immediately.

The woman from the Irish planet episode

All sci-fi shows are written by beta males, from Star Trek to Futurama, you see the same old tropes with pretty compitent women and flawed men everywhere.

>the pah-wraiths ruined ds9

I'd say they ruined Dukat not the whole show. S7 isn't that bad, I think the resolution to the war is handled pretty well but I didn't love what they did with Dukat and Sisko and I hated what they did to the Ferengi.

Attached: Cardassian Damar Laugh.jpg (475x356, 35K)

member when Dukat created a cult on Terok nor and cucked a bajoran dude? He loves that bajoran pussy

That's literally every episode of DS9 ever.

Season 7
>terrible ezri episodes and trying to force all this development in the last season of the show which makes the war which was in full force take a back seat until the end aside from a couple episodes
>vic fontaine gets old very quickly
>pah-wraiths are a retarded concept and ruined dukat
>the final 9 part arc doesn't flow well together and the wrap of the war feels rushed and contrived (the dominion retreats from having all of cardassian space to cardassia prime in like one episode)
>section 31 and sloan constantly outwit bashir at every turn except when the plot needed bashir to win
>sisko becomes a prophet for some reason
>bajor doesn't join the federation so sisko failed his entire goal of the show
>making the ferengi into epic based woke progressives
>garak loses all of his edge and mysterious cloak and dagger character and just becomes good guy man
Theres some good stuff in season 7 like nogs arc but man season 7 fucking blows and it almost ruins the show for me. Every time i want to rewatch it I remember all this shit and it makes me not want to.

>The real question is why was best girl only in one episode?

You mean Number One?

Attached: Number One.jpg (716x649, 173K)

Dumar was the highlight of the season for me. Although I felt like his role should have been Dukat's role though but the writers wanted Dukat to be a villain rather than going full morally grey with him.

Attached: Gul Dukat only if neccessary.webm (640x480, 1.27M)

RIP. She died recently :-/

Great scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=SG9LMseZmy0

Odo was definitely one of us when he was stuck in the Friend Zone.

>kira is best waifu
based

Attached: i call her big booty cause she got a big booty.png (1357x1080, 1.76M)

they dont care about looking attractive, the only ones they only take that form with, is with their vassal species who are genetically programmed to think they are gods, or the rare foreigners who they will certainly be at war with.
they dont care enough to even make an effort, but yeah the odo thing was just a storytelling thing so you wouldnt have to worry about him impersonating someone

its easier for the viewer. producers dont like to pander to nitpicky fans who will just find something else to complain about

Dat dancer's ass!

Have you seen n-

in reality men are more physically attractive. This is because they have to compete with each other for the attention of females. Note how the beautiful peacocks are all male.

The funny thing about that is that Odo first explained that he's really horrible at imitating humanoids and that's why looks the way he does. But all the other changelings have no problem with imitating humanoids so why is it that their default humanoid look is the same as Odo?

>Kira best Waifu

Well, I mean that's just obvious.

Attached: Kira sexy, I've been waiting for you.webm (1280x720, 1.24M)

My guess is because its comfortable. Like letting your gut hang out when there aren't any chicks to impress.

Attached: Star Trek M'ress Kirk is a furry.jpg (1200x1200, 943K)

The actor that played Laas is the same one that plays as Martok.

Those early seasons of TNG when Roddenberry was involved were very weird. His original idea for Troi would have been to have the Betazoids be hermaphrodites with 4 tits.

>Why is the male in Star Trek species ugly and stupid looking, whereas the female is hot and conventionally attractive?
Just copying real life

Attached: male and female mandarin ducks.jpg (1199x900, 251K)

>tfw no Vorta gf

Attached: Eris.jpg (495x632, 34K)

Maybe they just don't want him to feel bad about being incompetent.