Of all the popular franchises, why wasn’t this one picked up for infinite sequels by Disney...

Of all the popular franchises, why wasn’t this one picked up for infinite sequels by Disney? Imagine if we had a Blade Runner film released every 2 years

Attached: C9689E68-AF8A-4FD6-9868-0C3E2D6ADF7D.jpg (1200x800, 150K)

It's bad enough that we got one sequel. This movie is a finished masterpiece let it be.

You wouldn't want that.

I am even conflicted with the 2049 sequel.

>Disney Blade Runner

Lol no thanks.

EEEE CHEEE KOKOOO.... DURRRRRRRR

Why would you wish that on the franchise?

fuck you and eat shit
why would you want the mouse's formulaic garbage contaminating the cyberpunk genre

Both movies fucking bombed retardo

It was a critical and commercial flop when it came out, only later did it develop a cult status.

That's the worst fucking idea i ever heard, begone

neon noir cyberpunk bullshit is for idiot teenagers. fucking shit aesthetic

Honestly, it's a miracle 2049 was as good as it was.

the world isn't really that deeply fleshed out enough thankfully ( I also like to call it fauxshised I think that's pretty good).

>a thread died for this

Attached: 1460408408336.jpg (252x223, 19K)

It was extremely underwhelming not just plotwise but visually also.

Agreed, the trailers made it look like boring run of the mill action trash.
So I was pleasantly surprised when it was a slow burn movie touching on things like love, existentialism and what it means to be human.
Very good movie.

That would be terrible, thank gods we don't live in that timeline

Has the 'dishonest Denis' shitposter actually gotten people to believe this?

Next you're gonna say you wish Disney made Mad Max

>slow burn movie touching on things like love, existentialism and what it means to be human

Attached: 1560748160589.jpg (836x786, 148K)

because it only appeals to adults and isnt an exciting action movie like people seem to think

there's lots of them, Alien, predator, terminator, universal soldier, species...

>This movie is a finished masterpiece let it be.
Would've been forgotten in time if it wasn't for all the different cuts.

If Scott could get away with milking it like he's doing with Alien then you can bet he sure as shit would. The problem is Blade Runner is a cult film and doesn't have the weight like say a franchise like Star Wars. Besides, the shitshow that was Blade Runner 2049 proved that it's probably best to just leave it be and not taint its legacy any further.

>visually underwhelming
lmao that's not true

Ever wondered why they never made movies like BR? It's simple, the movie bombed at the box office and the producer lost a lot of money. That's all you need to know

Attached: pepe_blink_by_fazboggle-d97slqh.gif (499x499, 45K)

Agreed. I didn't watch on theater because I thought it was going to be some generic action movie flirting with the marvel style quips. How wrong I was.

Same thing happened with Alita. There should be a seal on movies saying "we are not trying to emulate disney trash, we don't have the plague", so they are easier to identify.

Attached: 123443.png (349x350, 208K)

And that's good. No one needs 99999 soulless copies/remakes/sequels of what already is an absolute masterpiece.

Because WB owns it?

Fuck all you plebs, original Theatrical Cut remains the best version for me

Just bought the UHD/HDR Blue ray of 2049.
It was a great movie and looked awesome.
Just noticed the first one got the same treatment, so I'll replace my DVD soon.
They could try a third one, to finish it off for good, but that could very well backfire hard.