I wanted to ask you fellers about Dark. Haven't watched it yet...

I wanted to ask you fellers about Dark. Haven't watched it yet, but glancing over reviews I see a lot of people bringing up Lost and Twin Peaks. What I wanted to know is if Dark is a fart-sniffing "Throw a lot of mysterious shit at you, never explain it, it serves no purpose other than to make people think something's deep" or if it actually pays things off and tells an actual fucking complete story. I don't mind if shit is weird or obtuse through most of the show, I just want to know if it actually does anything with it.

Attached: Dark-Season-2[1].jpg (828x315, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b6Yki9Pr-7k
youtu.be/7PyvU9iSq50
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Couldn't pay attention to the subtitles. It was good tho the first 3 episodes I watched I just couldn't keep up

Just started Season 2 and some things do kind of pay off but they always lead to other weird shit, and the concept of the show allows this shit to go on forever, but for some reason that's a good thing. Also it has very good cinematography, very nice atmosphere, weird interesting music. Ridiculous characters (I guess this part is why most people compare it to twin peaks). I understand german so maybe that helps in my case. I would recommend it

Highly recommend.
Season 1 is boring.
Season 2 is much more better and complex. The narrative is twisted and plotted in mystery. Something along the line of Lost where Jacob was fighting the Black Cloud

CHOOSE

Attached: CUTE.png (1920x2871, 3.44M)

I couldn't get past the first episode because the characters are so fucking boring. The German doesn't help you connect with them and the dub is even worse.

This user is 100% correct. Also as a side note, did the cinematography/atmosphere remind anyone else of Melancholia?

On another note, I really like the intro song and this soundtrack; youtu.be/b6Yki9Pr-7k

Dark and Maniac are the only good Netflix series I've seen so far.

Top is top tier qt even as an adult.

Awesome if you're somewhat into German philosophy

I did not like Lost and Twin Peaks (yeah, whatever, sue me), but I couldn't stop with Dark. Marathoned two seasons over a weekend. Watch the first 3 episodes of season 1. Shit gets real in episode 3. The story is really good, because the writer wrote the whole thing already (3 seasons planned total), so the plotholes are very few and far between. Even then, they might not be plotholes in the end because of a later revelation, and I'm talking much later.
I might even go back and give Twin Peaks another go because of Dark desu

Oh and I got to add: English dub is emotionless crap. Watch with subtitles.

>"You want to talk now after not saying anything for days? Uhhh no bye"
>"Why do you keep secrets? Wtf why you didn't tell us!"
These interactions with the teenagers and this goblin really sour the show for me
They made a really poor job making her likeable despite being the main reason this whole show happens

Attached: file.png (1277x645, 368K)

I think they nailed teenagers. They're not very good at thinking, much better at satanism. Not even Jonas is that smart, but he's relatively okay.

its tells a complete story, nothing gets left unexplained, they said they want to make 3 seasons from the beggining, so they know how its gonna shape up, nothing is being made up as it goes., of course u stillhave unexplained shit , but season 3 will clear that.

Pretty much this it's good for 3 episodes then feels like lost all over again pretty good if you're learning german though

Why would you ever watch this in dub?? brainlet

Dark, Maniac and Stranger Things are my big three.

Victim Tier:

Ulrich, Mads, Mikkel

Too Good For This World Tier:

Egon

Irredeemable Tier:

Helga

I tried to watch it with German subs (I speak German too), and they leave out a lot of words. I mean, I get it, Gerries speak fucking fast and there's only so much time you have for a sub line, but still. It's okay if you want to practice listening, but sometimes the text and the speech doesn't line up 100%.

>Stranger things

>Better than Godless
>Better than Haunting of Hill House
>Better than Russian Doll
>Better than The Last Kingdom
>Better than American Vandal
>Better than Mindhunter

What an embarrassing thing to believe.

ya thought the characters were ridiculous? i've always thought it was one of the most realistic portrayals of contemporary Western existence, excepting that they have weird shit like this tossed at them.

I had my reservations about getting into Twin Peaks at first, but it grew on me very quickly. If you normally don't watch older television, but you're into it and want something even more mature, the late Season 3 is fantastic.

Also weed makes Twin Peaks one of the best pieces of entertainment of all time.

I smell satanists

Attached: 1561847542539.jpg (720x302, 68K)

bist du verrückt? da gibt's keine

What about Benni?

When they introduced the machine that brings through other dimensions or worlds I had a bad feeling about the whole thing. Lost vibes all over again

That whole family are a bunch of fucking retards

I immediately thought that they somehow managed to change something in the loop, which resulted in an alternate world/timeline being created. Anyway I too hope it's not some multiverse bullshit

Thread theme
youtu.be/7PyvU9iSq50

It's like lost in the extent that there a lot of mysteries, but that's all. It's better done than lost in literally every domain. Best show in a long time, lost was shit.