Just another billion dollars to go lol

Just another billion dollars to go lol

Attached: Capture.png (466x377, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hddYB-FbD5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>b-but inflation!!1!
One ticket to Copenhagen for OP please.

Endgame won fair and square, but inflation is an issue which should be taken into account.

Whether you choose to accept or ignore it is up to you.

based, capeshitters are some dumb that they can't understand basic economic principles like inflation

Reminder that adjusted for inflation and exchange rates Titanic still remains Jim's highest grossing movie.

Attached: fg4g4.png (1000x667, 410K)

Titanic should still be the top grossing film as far as I'm concerned, it's far better than Avatar and Endgame.

>still number 2

yikes

I haven't seen any of these movies

Attached: 1549259910071.jpg (200x195, 7K)

>James Cameron made the two most successful movies of all time, right behind GWTW
>also took a dive to the mariana trench
youtube.com/watch?v=hddYB-FbD5M

Wait what the fuck I had no idea ET was THAT popular

The only valid metric is tickets sold

Attached: 1557859978874.png (264x258, 56K)

Sure, inflation matters, but in comparing these numbers why don't people take other factors into account? Avatar's ticket sales were beefed up with the 3D gimmick, Imax, and no real streaming community. Really, Star Wars 7, Avatar and Avengers shouldn't be on that list because they're so many factors in their total other than inflation.

>there are people that unironically count gwtw

>Titanic should still be the top grossing film as far as I'm concerned, it's far better than Avatar and Endgame.

Attached: 1563918265310.png (753x960, 29K)

stay retarded

Serious question... pretty much all of these include rereleases years and decades after the original release. Notably Gone with the Wind has made a fair amount with subsequent releases in the 50s and 60s.

Is all the money then put at the inflation rate of the first year it was released? Even if it made money years after? As that would make most of the totals slightly inaccurate.

Gone with the wind was in theaters for 4 years straight

Nope. Percent of population

Damn, it was THAT good?

>great
>good
>good
>great
>shit
>good
>good
>great
>great
>shit
The only two shit movies in this list are disney movies from this decade, how could this possibly be bros?

that's why nobody gives a fuck about inflation except avatarcucks, and with inflation they still lose

>gwtw
>great

Attached: 1521980900394.gif (800x800, 195K)

>gwtw
>not great

Attached: 1561351993403.jpg (478x487, 94K)

Gone With The Wind got rereleased EIGHT times over the course of 60 years.
It shouldn't even be on the listm

Every year's gross is adjusted on its own, if a movie gets a rerelease then that movie is adjusted for inflation taking the timeframe into consideration. Did you know that The Phantom Menace made more than The Last Jedi, adjusted for inflation? That's right, Jar Jar and friends lmao!

Only girl-brained soifags and tasteless, geriatric women like GWTW.

I've never in my life seen a single redditor or basedboy say anything positive about gwtw.
You just sound mad.

Number of theatres, population, purchasing power and many more things.

>I've never in my life seen a single redditor or basedboy say anything positive about gwtw.
Oh, you mean like you're doing right now?

Sure, we should take into account that China's market is ten times bigger now than in 2009. Other than that, it's all cope. Avengers also had a massive 3D pull into its gross so it doesn't matter just to name one

>soifags
>like GWTW.

LOL they fucking write clickbait articles by the thousands about how it's one of the most racist movies ever made.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T ADJUST FOR INFLATION LIKE ANY ECONOMICS 101 STUDENT WOULD DOOOO PICKLE RI- I MEAN IRON MAN DIED FOR NOTHING

Attached: 1563201556757.png (1080x1020, 475K)

that's irrelevant

Avatar only got rereleases once or twice. It still made an absolutely insane amount of money first time around primarily because a huge amount of people went to see it twice to compare the 2D version with the 3D version because this was primarily seen as a tech demo for 3D more than anything else.

If you were a living in the south during the 30s an 40s, most likely you considered Gone with the Wind to be the greatest book and film of all time. It literally deals with the apocalypse of the South.

300,000 people came out for the premiere. There was a parade leading up to its release. The state of Georgia declared its opening day a state holiday.

>Saying something I don't like makes you a redditor
Whatever you say faglord lol. Feel free to keep letting those redditors live in your head for free.

Gone with the Wind is fantastic during the first half and alright-ish during the second half. I recommend it nonetheless.

no

And gentlemen. You forgot gentlemen.

GWTW is a classic that pulled the nation through the Great Depression you söycuck redditor, it's insulting to even mention it in the same thread as Avencringe Infinity Crap part 2

Absolutely seething soiniggers.

Too obvious, m80. 1/10

Man you got your shit pushed up hard today, you need to work on your shitposting m-eighty

>THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Attached: soijak.png (630x384, 190K)

Cheers, I thought that might be the case. I do still wonder though as Box office mojo does only list three of the rereleases as separate portions of GWTW's total gross.
And I can believe that about Menace. Sure it was poorly received but the hype was unmatched for a cinematic event. The assumption was it would smash Titanic.

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh inflation!

Attached: 53543145.jpg (601x508, 31K)

So true. The only movie they love more is Birth of A Nation.