Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: True_romance.jpg (709x1000, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_svnsF5OLbI
youtube.com/watch?v=trwmhm5WaYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o7IgwDqJhno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It’s kino. If Tarantino directed it, it would be his best film

Pretty good 90's crime flick, I like to think that this, Pulp Fiction and Get Shorty are in the same universe.

its no gleaming the cube thats for sure

And that's why it's better. Tony Scott gave it a better visual style and toned down some of the Tarantino excess while showcasing some excellent characterization.

SHOOT 'EM! GET 'EM!

thank you you're a very talented actor

It is the best movie for many of the people involved.

Am I lying??

Attached: 5D7A5862-E657-402D-94FF-934BFCAE2BB1.jpg (640x368, 16K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_svnsF5OLbI
Is hilarious

It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

As an Italian should I be offended ??? I’m not really part eggplant am I???

It was great but how were Gary Oldman and Christian Slaters characters related and why would Slater kill his own relative?

Attached: slide08.jpg (2999x2999, 236K)

I like the theme song.

He's referenced the fact that he banged Alabama, now married to Slater/Clarence. It's a dig at him, not a literal statement.

If you're from the south
Milanese have nothing to worry about

For some reason I keep on confusing this movie with True Lies

Pure Kino and Arquette in full prime. I love the cheesy ending.

Tied for my favorite "tarantino film" along with Jackie Brown. Amazing 90s movie with surprisingly clear camera quality for the time. And a romantic story that doesn't make me nauseous

it wasn't the true ending tho. The OG ending was on YouTube but I can't find it anymore.
Only flaw in an otherwise flawless movie.

Roger Avary is seriously underrated

they're both fucking awesome

was meant for OP but still applies

Tony Scott's best movie
after The Last Boy Scout

Tarantino himself said he couldn't have done it as good as Tony did

Attached: 1014083_627103487300045_1789618252_n.jpg (862x960, 109K)

I hated the two main leads. Not the actors or the acting, just those types of people

still my favorite pitt performance

Attached: rs-139033-20130604-stoner9-x306-1370376029.jpg (306x306, 30K)

I don't remember Val Kilmer being in this.

me either

He was Elvis

One of the best movies of all time
He's the Elvis in Slater's head.

He played Elvis in Clarence's subconscious

Attached: 1491707782783.jpg (791x1200, 198K)

Moors weren't black (at least most of them). They were from North Africa and North Africans look like Italians.

I love how chill the mob guys are with him and just leave peacefully after he gives them the info they need, the perfect contrast to the Eggplant scene.

>Only flaw in an otherwise flawless movie.
>muh sad ending
Fuck you
youtube.com/watch?v=trwmhm5WaYQ

Kino. Never knew that.

>dude what if Badlands was a gangster film lmao

I've only seen this flick once and I was just jawstruck at the shamelessness of it.

Is this what Hong Kong cinema fans experiance when they watch the rest of Tarantulas """"films"""""?

Attached: 1494095881788.jpg (1600x1372, 124K)

>tfw ywn throw her stupidly small tits around a hotel room

True Romance, Pulp Fiction, and Natural Born Killers. The holy trinity of hot garbage

I always felt the ending was unfitting and lame way before finding out they did over the script's finale. When I discovered and saw the unused footage I had a confirmation of my patrician gut feeling.

This movie killed Bronson Pinchots career

Attached: 04tr.jpg (547x294, 104K)

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

based

Attached: wup wup.png (315x298, 141K)

There's nothing r*ddit about it.

Attached: 1453035217880.png (500x327, 354K)

Fuckin' Floyd...don't you conden-send me, man.

Can't agree more. Tarantino has never been as good without him. Far as i know, this was his screenplay and it was rewritten by Quint. Roger liked what he'd done with it and that was that.

"The mentor"

RIP best Penn brother.

I love the movie, hate the soundtrack

Go take your latte enema.

nothing special desu

why is that? I thought he was entertaining in it. I figured being typecast as Balki is what did it

We'll need some cleaning products.

You have to be a tone deaf n*gger zoomer to not like this

Older Tony Scott movies had such a nice aesthetic, I still don't get why his later films wound up looking like they were made by a colorblind epileptic.

Man on fire might have been good if was edited like a normal movie and didn't have the oversaturated puke tone color palette.

Attached: 1512682974515.jpg (243x207, 8K)

>I figured being typecast as Balki is what did it

This. If you're a marginal actor who stars in a meme role that happens to hit big it's all over with. Somebody like Tom Hanks can make a breakout role that makes people forget about Bosom Buddies, but the Dustin Diamonds and Jaleel Whites of the world are kind of screwed because whatever piece of shit they're in next will never override the meme they've become.

I'd almost rather have a real job than be a washed-up actor known for one meme part. Almost.

Attached: 1511025093477.png (286x301, 81K)

He changed his style a bunch of times, but there's always elements that have been consistent.

I agree that his older stuff is better, and the early/mid '90s were his peak visually. The Last Boy Scout, True Romance and The Fan have this really specific noir look that I'd buy bottled if I could.

Regarding his later stuff, I adore Man on Fire, and I think the saturated style fit the movie. It drove me up the fucking wall in Enemy of the State though.

Domino is kino.

Attached: gif.gif (500x211, 994K)

>Domino is kino

Attached: walnuts.gif (284x176, 571K)

Maybe his brain tumor?

Not bad, the Sicilians scene is fantastic, the rest of the film is good but not great.

Attached: Sicilians.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

Best Scott elevated T*rantino's mundane fapfic into true kinography. True Romance > Go > Reservoir Dogs >>> all that other shit.

man on fire was still watchable, his later movies induced seizures

>gary oldman
>samuel l jackson
>val kilmer
>brad pitt
>james gandolfini
>christopher walken
>dennis hopper
is this the biggest startcast in a movie?

and how the fuck christian slater managed to be the main guy in the middle of all those people

sadly, the wrong one died

three uno farto threads in the catalog, what's happening here?

I like Tarantino as a writer. I think he's great. But he's a journeyman director. look at what happens when other people handle his scripts:
>natural born killers
>true romance
>from dusk till dawn
All three have a distinct look and feel that Tarantino can't deliver in the movies he directs himself. But you can't hate him for trying because writers, even star writers are treated as a joke in Hollywood. better to be a mediocre director than a star writer.

Elaborate

1993 stoner brad Pitt is amazing

>Quentin Tarantino sold the script for fifty thousand dollars, which was the minimum amount of money that could be paid for a script at the time (according to WGA rules).

>Quentin Tarantino named the Sicilian scene as one of his proudest moments. "I had heard that whole speech about the Sicilians a long time ago, from a black guy living in my house. One day I was talking with a friend who was Sicilian and I just started telling that speech. And I thought: 'Wow, that is a great scene, I gotta remember that'."

>Director Tony Scott slapped Patricia Arquette on-set. He did so with her permission, and by the end of shooting, she was asking for the "persuader" to be able to act in key scenes.

Why did he ask for the least amount?

>Quentin Tarantino named the Sicilian scene as one of his proudest moments
>not his Top Gun speech
youtube.com/watch?v=o7IgwDqJhno

>Harvey Weinstein thought that Christian Slater was too good-looking to play Clarence, and told Warner Brothers that he would rather have someone like Steve Buscemi play the part. Warner Brothers immediately fired him for this request, so Harvey went up to Quentin Tarantino and told him that they're going to be partners and not associate with Warner Brothers after this film.

patricia is based and I wanted to see her naked in Boyhood

wow, a greentext story that makes absolutely everyone look retarded.

>tried watching it once
>turn it off in the opening scene where it’s Tarantino dialogue not directed by Tarantino.
It was just too offputting. But if Pitt and Kilmer are in it then it must be great

Good question. Maybe his logic was that he got at least one script sold, which would maybe lead to better things down the line. Like the vast, vast majority of scripts don't get even sold, let alone made. And then some that are sold never get made, they just are the studio's property.

>Following the "eggplant scene", Dennis Hopper was concerned about being "shot" by Christopher Walken with the prop gun so close against his head for fear of being burned by the barrel. Director Tony Scott assured him the gun was one hundred percent safe, and even tested it by having the prop man fire it against his (Scott's) own forehead. But upon firing the prop gun, the barrel extended about a third of an inch and Scott ended up on the floor with blood pouring from the wound.

Watching this movie just puts in to perspective how shit Tarantino is at directing.

how come?

Actually QT turned Badlands into two films, both superior than the original
True Romance & Natural Born Killer

>Christian Slater
>Christopher Walken
>Dennis Hopper
>Patricia Arquette
>Gary Oldman
>Brad Pitt
>Samuel L Jackson
>Val Kilmer
>James Gandolfini
>Chris Penn
>Tom Sizemore
>Michael Rapaport
That whole cast is amazing

>Dustin Diamond
I was in the bar when stabbed that guy.

>tony scott

Attached: wrong kid died.jpg (540x584, 26K)