The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

What the hell was this series of short films even intending to do.

I got nothing out of any of it, everything poignant was undercut by the film makers trying to subvert my expectations and "shock" me.

>2h 13m I will never get back.

Please help me get some worth out of this, what am I missing? What makes any of all that I watched worthwhile?

Attached: TBOBS.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IqO7lu94Ix4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's trash but has some low level meme quality

Most of the Scruggs scenes were a good laff, but after that and Franco's hanging it's like watching a woman slowly and laboriously eating a whole pecan pie.

>The Ballad of Harlem Nuggs

hehehe

So which subreddits do you browse?

You have shit taste.

DUDE DEATH LMAO

Boo hoo OP
>tfw we'll never get a Buster Scruggs prequel
youtube.com/watch?v=IqO7lu94Ix4

its brilliant if you view it (correctly) as a retelling of joyce's dubliners
not one for the aspirant intellect however

>everything poignant was undercut by the film makers trying to subvert my expectations and "shock" me.

i too hated those subversive stories, like the one where you meet a likeable old man who has finally made his forture, then you think he's lost it, and then he makes a comeback. so subversive from traditional stories. or that one where we're introduced to two courting characters, and then the woman is placed in danger, and she dies in an extremely straightforwardly tragic way. i haven't been so subverted since i first saw romeo and juliet 300 years ago

I concur with this user

Sorry you're too much of a brainlet to recognize obvious kino

/r/Yea Forums
/r/sounding

>it's like watching a woman slowly and laboriously eating a whole pecan pie.

Attached: ARCHITECT.jpg (1600x1258, 427K)

Attached: untitled.jpg (4316x3000, 1.74M)

Nothing subversive about it, the cowboy in white clearly represents the wholesome, fun cowboy movies of the late 50's and early 60s while the cowboy in black represents the eastwood-esque 1970s takeover of avant garde westerns and the eventual re-imagination of the tone and the genre altogether.

Christ you people are brainlets.

My problem was nothing ever got going anywhere except for two of the stories: one with the Oregon Trail and the one with the old man panning for gold. All the rest, especially the last one, piqued the viewer's interest and then ended. This was especially true of the last one.

>especially the last one
>this was especially true of the last one
I guess I'm retarded

That's pretty subversive

PAN SHOT!

holy shit
thank god i will never be this brainlet

kys megamind fag

Attached: 1485888576939.jpg (410x358, 35K)

I enjoyed the film. I'm starting to believe Yea Forums readily hates anything associated with netflix out of fear of being called a leftist s oy c uc k. That's just my opinion though

Attached: 1562727562985.jpg (1039x692, 195K)

>subversion

What are blathering about? Each story has a fairly obvious and simple meaning to communicate, a subversion would he if they totally went against the genre (which they generally dont). Buster Scruggs is the exception because it was making a point about the difference between John Wayne era cowboys and Spaghetti Westerns.

Attached: 1560496747721.jpg (787x677, 62K)

it was great.

The prospector story was comfy but outside of that I really did hate it.

>le subverting the genre
There's no subversion" you goddamn retard it's a straightforward loveletter to the western genre. They're meant to be fun and sad and simple, and the Cohen brothers just wanted to fuck around in a couple different styles, like spaghetti western and gothic

PAN SHOT

It wasn't intentionally subversive.

this

crappy reddit tier movie

music video tier movie