So, have any of you actually seen it yet?

So, have any of you actually seen it yet?

Attached: simbazazu.0.jpg (1200x800, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GS0DQKHMpM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i wanna pet that cat

It's not a cat, it's a bird.

No. Unlike the unwashed masses, I am exercising my right to not give these fucks any money and voting with my wallet. It's not even worth pirating when the original movie still exists.

Attached: zed326.png (594x454, 270K)

Yes, I took my nieces. I knew it was going to be bad going in, but it was even worse than I anticipated.

>The hyenas were ruined. Their humor was terrible. Shenzi (the female one) became a super-serious leader while the other two just had some cringy humor that didn't land at all.
>It was so dull to watch that I kept tuning out. One of my nieces fell asleep, and children throughout the theater were making noises, walking around the aisles, asking to leave, etc.
>Nala was the protagonist of the second half and Simba was left in the background. Beyonce was terrible.
>Seth Rogen was TERRIBLE. I don't know why people are saying he was good. None of the humor landed and he sounded uninspired. Plus, multiple fart jokes when the one in the cartoon was bad enough. Billy Eichner was alright, at least he brought his own spin to the character.
>I liked that Zazuu's role was extended, but John Oliver sounded off and for some reason the audio quality for his part was really bad, especially early in the film.
>Kid Simba was really bad. The voice actor has such a weak voice. No comparison to the original.
>James Earl Jones sounded old and more like Darth Vader than Mufasa. His character was changed so little that they could have just reused the dialogue from the first film.
>Scar was okay, but not as good as the original. Be Prepared was a joke. They was also some weird rapey undertones with Simba's mom. It felt like he was going to pounce on her from behind a few times.

That's about it. Obviously the storyline is identical, so no point criticizing that. This movie did not need to exist.

I was given free tickets so I went to see it yesterday. It was semi-decent flick if you can forget that the original exists. It has as much soul as you can expect from expressionless animals. The guy who voiced Scar wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be. He, James Earl Jones and (surprisingly) Seth Rogen as Pumba, were the only voice actors who actually pulled it off. Although James Earl Jones has lost a lot of his touch, since he sounds like he's 5 days away from dying of old age. If Jeremy Irons was a 10/10 Scar, the new guy is a 7/10.
The voice actors who turned every single scene their character was in into absolute fucking dogshit were adult Nala, Nalas mother, Simbas mother and Zazu the bird. With the most emphasis on adult Nala and Zazu. Those two were absolutely fucking horrible.

If they had replaced the above characters with competent voice actors, it'd be a half-decent 6/10 noastalgia-bait flick with pretty good CGI. But since they didn't and the audience has to get their ears raped by incompetent voice actors throughout half the movie it's a 4/10 at best.

Attached: 1562656226738.png (553x581, 303K)

Yes.
It's boring as fuck and voice acting is terrible for the most part. It's impressive when it comes to cgi but everything looks like dubbed documentary, emotionless and soulless

Attached: 1556204553829.jpg (749x733, 63K)

I saw the Lion King decades ago. It was alright, but I liked Aladdin better.

>His character was changed so little that they could have just reused the dialogue from the first film.

Fucking kek’d. That’s exactly what I thought while watching. It would have sounded better too.

Saw it yesterday with my family.

Visuals are fucking impressive, but thats about all I can give to this movie. There are two added scenes I think (Scar trying to get it with Sarabi and "The lion sleeps tonight" bit) which really didn't add much.

Scar was made to be boring, half of what made his character is gone, which is weird because every other character is almost the same line for line, and well he had the most expressive reactions in the original too, completely gone from this.

That is my biggest gripe, the photorealistic CGI removed any possibility of giving facial expressions to the charcacters. This is specially egregious when considering this is almost a shot for shot remake, humor and songs still there, both of which relied heavily on character expression and reactions, that is completely lost on the remake.

Also, sound mixing was atrocious too, a lot of things feel out of place.

Considering I have self-respect, no.

It sounded like they didn't even bother bringing John Oliver into the studio for recording and just had him read his lines while on speaker phone so they could record.
Zazu was my fucking favorite in the original but they absolutely trashed him in this. Most unlikable character by far.

Young Simba's VA was dogshit

The voice acting, pacing of scenes, and music were the biggest offenders in the remake. Why did they decide to make shittier renditions of the songs and lower the volume of the soundtrack by half? In the original, the music was loud as fuck and energized every scene

Was he adult Nala/Zazu tier dogshit? I honestly can't even remember his voice. I was focusing more on the visuals since the terrible voice acting began to piss me off like 2 minutes into the movie.

why would i do it?

Attached: 71VxlOIpTyL._SY606_.jpg (426x606, 43K)

He was weak and uninteresting. Listen to his attempts at vocal runs in "Can't Wait to be King". Very amateur.

I did it’s pretty amazing how good it looks but it’s really the same movie. Shot for shot, but with less emotion in the faces. Its looks freaking real tho.

They removed these scenes:

- Rafiki hitting simba on the head
- The hula dance
- Be prepared full song (its in there a lil)
- Rafiki kung fu
- Pig!? Call me MR PIG!

Also can you feel the love tonight is not set a night but in the noon.

And there is really shitty Beyonce song when Simba runs back to the pridelands instead of the Epic Hans Zimmer music.

Thats not a bird, its a dinosaur

you could have just said he was voiced by john oliver and left it at that

>Visuals: 7/10
>Voice acting: 1/10
>Music: 3/10
>Story: Same as the original
Worth torrenting to watch without any sound while getting a blowjob? Yes. Worth paying money for? Absolutely not.

Yes, it was worse than I thought it would be.
Terrible voice acting, music and visuals all around that just convinces me they only made it as a quick cash grab and to retain the rights for the next 50 years.

>It was semi-decent flick if you can forget that the original exists.
The inherent problem is that it only exists because of the original existing and all you can think while watching it is that everything feels like a big step from the original animation.

Normies are surprisingly adapt at the whole "just turn your brain off bro lmao" meme. Which is why we all knew that this would make a fuckload of money no matter what.

>Mr. Pig part gets replaced with Seth Rogan complaining about bullying
Thanks I forgot how many little shitty things they added to this like those personal space jokes between the two hyenas (since Shenzi is 2deep4u now and women aren't allowed to be comic relief anymore).

It was fine. The only major complaints I had were the fact that photorealistic CGI animals can't emote and detract from the overall performance, and everything the movie does was done better by the animated version. 5/10, hand-drawn animation renaissance 2: electric boogaloo when?

LIONS! Attack!

I don't think a single person in the crowd didn't cringe at that moment.

Attached: 1390604697505.png (551x550, 334K)

Beyonce is the worst voice actress I've ever heard in my life

My sister told me it was "fucking boring".

What the fuck were the producers even thinking? Was she hired solely because they needed the new soundtrack to not sound too shitty?

Literally just to bring in more black people to the movie (hence why they changed up the entire cast besides Mufasa too).

>inb4 a copypasta

I'm not sure if producers know this but the Lion King wasn't praised for it's story, it was praised for it's animation, the way it blended with the soundtrack almost flawlessly, and the amazing voice talent. nu-Lion King is severely lacking in all of this, how can they be this fucking incompetent? Who the fuck ever wants a 3D rendition of something originally meant for a 2D environment? Literally fucking who?

Rewatched the original movie last year, first half is absolutely masterful on every aspect. Second was like the big names got their part done and left team B handle the rest. The quality drop is brutal once Simba becomes an adult.

>And there is really shitty Beyonce song when Simba runs back to the pridelands instead of the Epic Hans Zimmer music.
Christ.

It's the original movie but without any of the charm

Seriously what the FUCK was that hyena humor? "GET OUT OF MY PERSONAL SPACE DUDE LOL". It was so random and pointless.

The non-lion CGI is actually good. Everything else about it is fucking horrendous.
Either watch it without sound, or better yet, just watch some random documentary on African animals.

That's not a dinosaur, it's an ugly cuck britbong

I'm surprised /pol/ hasn't thrown a fit over the fact that all of the voice actors in this movie are black save for two Jewish guys (one of whom is gay).

>And there is really shitty Beyonce song when Simba runs back to the pridelands instead of the Epic Hans Zimmer music.
Thank you for the warning, what's with pushing for female only songs that are not only in the original but also utterly pointless and a waste of film time anyway? Aladdin had TWO Jasmine songs and one of them at least gives 0 value to the movie.

you mean cat shit

I haven't seen any of the live-action remakes.

There’s John Oliver, Seth Rogan, and Billy Eichner (?) so three white dudes.

timone's VA not being gay would be a fucking travesty.

Second half contains one of the best scenes in the movie though (when Rafiki finds Simba)

Yeah it came out in like 1993. I've watched it dozens of times.

Seen what? National Geographic channel?

> but John Oliver sounded off and for some reason the audio quality for his part was really bad, especially early in the film.

I thought I was crazy. It sounded like he recorded his lines with a tin can.

>One ultra-PC self-hating white man
>1 gay Jew
>1 normal Jew

Attached: 1556007321288.jpg (645x773, 60K)

LOL god no, what kind of fucking retard actually goes to the movies. Just fuck off normie trash, i might download it later.

Am I the only one that preferred Hans Zimmer's score in the original?

Because she's Beyonce. That's the only reason. Oprah must've been busy.

>thinking black people care whether a white person is jewish or not
>thinking blacktivists like Tamika Mallory and Louis Farrakhan aren't just as anti-Semitic as you are

Attached: wow.png (640x773, 49K)

Oprah can sing?

No, but my gf, my family and my friends want to watch it.
I hate Disney so much.

Probably not but it doesn't really matter for Disney.

It was okay. I feel the Spanish dub from Spain carried it for me because so many of the complaints are about the VAs.
But the night song taking place in the afternoon and the Beyonce song both left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Yeah but they think Jews are white. Which is a shame because Jews ran the slave trade and owned most of the ships.

>Kids crying when mufasa is about to die
>that shitty zoom on simba as he halfheartedly screams no
>burst out laughing
>sets off other adults holding it in for their children
Apart from that, everybody was asleep by the end, nala has the worst voice acting of all time and the sound mixing was bizarre. The way people talked reminded me of tony in the Sopranos speaking to the his mom, but they had to use old clips because she was dead.

Attached: img020_copy.jpg (1234x799, 1.13M)

yep, loved it

No. But I will still claim that it's shit

Attached: R&R_0389.jpg (1200x962, 92K)

Just a reminder that lions don't really exist anymore. The animal that roams africa now are not true lions. True lions were gigantic, until they were hunted and mixed down with weaker genes making todays lions.

It's only a sculpture but its more accurate to what lions were really like.

Attached: 1543217014328.jpg (700x368, 54K)

How were they

t. deviantart furry

Why didn't they make Nala sexy?

Attached: TRUzp8T.jpg (1965x628, 153K)

I think its way worse
t. religious nutjob that believes in giants

That whole scene was terribly done. Scar sounded so awful in that. That pounce on Mufasa's claws had no dramatic flair whatsoever, Mufasa falling looked like a plushie falling off a bed, Scar's long live the king line had a terrible delivery. So many scenes sounded like they just went with the first take.

youtu.be/GS0DQKHMpM8

Can you feel the love tonight NOT being at night was mind boggling. Did they not want to imply sex or something? Does somehow having it during the day prevent this implication? It was bizzare to set it during the day.

>stll watching at film release
Fuck off I'm gonna complain about this three months later when Blurays come out because fuck watch in movie theater full of niggers hollering at every scene and white teens texting with their mobile phone screens on full backlight.

No, Toy Story 4 was the last Disney movie I will in pay to see in theaters. I will do my best not to give Mickey Mpuse any more of my money.

No.
Because it sucks.

Old animation fag here. I went to go see the original in the theater, because my mom took my niece to go see it, so I tagged along. I remember seeing the scene with Mufasa and the Simba walking up the hill in the beginning, and them rotating the camera around them....and it slayed me. My mom went "What?", and I just said "They're showing off right there, it's amazing". That's the kind of thing they put in the movie to say "Fuck you guys over there at Bluth, try THIS shit."
It's harder to show off with 3D, but they could have reached the same level of "what the fuck" if they'd tried to pull off photorealistic rendering and modeling with great facial acting. Which, going by the trailers, they didn't even bother with.
The state of animation now. There's no "wow" moments anymore, because computers make everything easier. SOMETIMES greatness bleeds through, like with Davey Jones, when they put more animation into his expressions with all the tentacles, than they put into this entire movie.
It's getting bizarre, it's either "fuck it, we have to virtue signal" and cast the wrong people for the color of their skin, or they get really autistic, and go "NOOOOOO It has to be exactly like real life or I'll crouch in a corner and hit myself in the face".

Disney/Hollywood used to make decisions for their artistic merit. Now they're made for political reasons, and the quality being in the toilet is the result.

ALL LIONS ARE BLACK, SIR. HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THE KANG OF THE JUNGLE ISN'T A PROUD BLACK WARRIOR SIR.

come on bitch nigga. the visuals were 11/10
give me your idea of a 10 or did you see it in regular digital like a poor person?

Watched it last weekend. It's literally almost the same as the original. Surprisingly I didn't have that much problem with realistic animal faces not being emotive as animated ones. What really bothered me was the delivery of the lines. Lines that were drawn out and full of emotion in the original feel rushed here in the remake.

Visuals are really amazing though, there's a scene in the stampede where Mufasa is climbing the rocks and the camera was zoomed in in a hand held style and it's one of the most photorealistic CGI shots I've seen. also Scar was surprisingly good though not as sassy as the original.

I'll wait for it to stream

Did the Male lions have testicles hanging around from the back?

They are quite obvious at the zoo. Were all the animals just blank there, like in the cartoon one?

if you measured it, i bet theres a strong correlation between the number of furries and the year the lion king generation turned 18

Disney learned that Oprah isn't a draw in the 18-29 age group when A Wrinkle in Time flopped.

damn, cool graphics!!

Oprah? Or Whoopi?

Wtf stupid names did I just type.

>I liked that Zazuu's role was extended, but John Oliver sounded off and for some reason the audio quality for his part was really bad, especially early in the film.

He was distracted by the thought of TWO SCOOOOOOPS

>children throughout the theater were making noises, walking around the aisles, asking to leave, etc

Saw the same phenomenon. Lots of phones out, too.

Never forgive Disney for what they did to Kimba

>it was bad bad because the hyenas were nothings like the original
>it was bad because mufasa was the exact same as the original
beyonce was horrendous but youre a fucking retard

That's why I stopped trying to see Pixars or anything in theaters, even the late showings had kids running around. Most parents take kids to movies to show off to their friends that they took them, anyway. Most kids would be just as happy watching it at home.

I watched it a few hours ago. The special effects are fucking stunning, but for the most part it's a pointless and forgettable movie.

It kind of sucked a bit though didnt it