Cats! It's actual cats! I thought it was gonna be symbolic, you know, or something like that...

Cats! It's actual cats! I thought it was gonna be symbolic, you know, or something like that. They're dressed up like cats and... you know you see that title and you figure it's not gonna be like real cats, you know? Symbolism, you know what I mean? There's no dogs in Dog Day Afternoon, you know what I mean? You watch the movie and you enjoy it.

Attached: cats.jpg (660x409, 31K)

Laughs? I'm going for Gasps.

>Symbolism
I think you meant "symbology".

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 38K)

yes I mean I dont know if Im stupid or if everyone else is

I took my mother to that show "How to Succeed in Business Even if You Don't Really Care To," you know... and good god man they pack you into these tiny little seats and it's like $90 per ticket. They make you use your imagination, you know? Like there's a desk and a chair, so you have to imagine there's an office. Or maybe they have a window with a picture of a moon behind it so I guess it's night time, and you really just have to picture what it would look like in a movie. And then everyone starts singing, right? 'cause it's a musical and they start singing "OH HERE COMES THE COFFEE"

Would it have been so hard?

Attached: Queen of Fat Cat TATS.webm (1280x532, 2.93M)

never noticed the spawn rip off in the right

>rip off
it was probably "just spawn"

Will there be any liter box scenes?

Attached: poo.jpg (1600x900, 122K)

what's this from?

the wings are different, probably they couldnt get the rights

Norm, pls go away.

Are musicals really a thing in America? They are boing. I didn't know about Cats until now.

> I was nineteen years old when the musical Cats came to our town... I couldn't wait to see it. After the show I was asked if I wanted to go meet some of the performers backstage. Man, I was thrilled. But when I got back there, they were drunk and out of control. Rumpus Cat and MacAvity kept feeling up my leg. I tried to leave, but Rumpleteazer held me down, and... I was raped by Mr. Mistoffelees.

This is legitimately the only thing I knew about Cats before this trailer dropped.

we're gonna need a montage

They are a thing anywhere where people have theaters.

You have balls. I like balls.

"Looks great, ship it to comic-con!"

Attached: cats.jpg (900x499, 60K)

well in the musical they're always saying cats. fucking cats cats cats. this guys a cat that guys a cat, heres the stupid cat heres the fat cat. its really really quite terrible but i dont see how you could do a movie without them being cats you would have to change too much.

Nah. We have theatre play, opera and things like that. Musicals are gays

Looks like shit but hopefully there will be fapworthy webms of Furry Taytay

>we're gonna need a montage
Chorus: 'Montaaaaggggeee'

Ready Player 1

How did they get the cast they did? Was it blackmail? Does some sick fuck enjoy humiliating these people like this?

They promised them Oscars.

based norm poster

didn't the play get like 7 tony awards?
like holy fuck

director did King's Speech and Les Mis. he's walking awards bait.

Watch the budget hit $200 million on actors alone

It's an adaptation of a well-known property being hemmed by a guy who already made two academy award-winning films (King's Speech, Les Mis 2012, the latter of which was also a musical adaptation), using the type of technology that made Avatar a success.

On paper, it seems like a no-brainer to attach yourself to. In execution, it's probably going to wind up a massive box office bomb since it's coming out the same weekend as Star Wars and Cats is more well-known for being a punchline than a reputable show in the first place.

Ian Mckellen actually looks like he's enjoying himself and also looks much better than anyone else. Jason Derulo and the main white cat are passable, but Judy Dench, James Corden, and Jennifer Hudson all look abysmally uncanny

Attached: 5C38312A-F240-4C50-8206-34780880691E.jpg (537x600, 54K)

Also I don’t like how some cats wear clothes and some don’t.

Who thought this was a good idea?
You people think they look cute or something, this shit is nightmare fuel, Jesus Christ.

And are cat sized in a human world.

It's the lack of cat feature in the face. Even a carnival face painting booth knows to paint on the philtrum because it's distinct to dogs and cats.

Attached: 4686aa2552e3f204af5110fbf284e381.jpg (640x427, 37K)