Can someone please explain to me why black and asian people are becoming more and more prevalent in historical dramas &...

Can someone please explain to me why black and asian people are becoming more and more prevalent in historical dramas & films, set in periods and settings where they factually weren't present?

And why are they being cast in roles where the original was clearly white? Like pic related.

Attached: modern-bbc.jpg (1328x943, 702K)

Here's a better question: why does it upset you?

What gave you that impression? I'm simply asking a question.

white man bad
brown man good

because liberals are trying to rewrite history

Representation matter. Don't you know that? So of course white people want to see their race represented.

But if a woman wants to play a trans man it's a big problem. Trans roles for trans actors!

it's a monkey's paw cos the shows and movies are shit anyway, best rep for minorities comes from ugandan hollywood ffs, lovely people

>america produces more television and film than any western countries
>isn't a majority white country anymore
>starts pushing more diversity in the industry

it's basic marketing to your audience/demographics, for money, not whatever conspiracy pol has cooked up this month, that's all it's always about, making money.

So cultural appropriation, race erasure, historical revisionism and racism are OK by you? OK good to know.

OP's casting comes from a British production.

get children used to niggers so they don't complain when they're flooded with niggers

Imagine how confusing it will be for future historians.

in the uk it's illegal not to have browns and women in your show

in the us it's illegal not to have browns in your bedroom

This. But we need to stop calling them liberals because they’re not remotely liberal.
I read an interview of the cunt who wrote a drama about a queen, it was based on the Plantagenets I think, filmed after the success of the White Queen. She said she made sure some of the cast were black, as in full on sub Saharan black, I think one was a monk in an English abbey, and gave full on leftie retard reasons for doing so. She was very proud of herself, because fuck reality and integrity when there’s a chance to promote their rancid politics.

Would it upset you if historical people that were black was replaced with white or asian people?

Reminder that the British taxpayer willingly pays for this. It's the pride of their nation.

Attached: 1503859118724.webm (854x480, 1.71M)

The non-meme answer is that our current day society is diverse so people of color should be included in our media. It’s like when Shakespeare plays are adapted to modern settings. It’s stupid to get too hung up on accuracy, we’re talking about entertainment, if you want complete historical accuracy read a book.

reminder this is an episode of doctor who featuring a sea monster from outer space, and pol is still mad years later because having black people in it breaks their suspension of disbelief.

What a load of shit. America is still majority white and the biggest non White demographic is Latino/Hispanic. Black people and Jews are some of the lowest numbers at 12% and around 1% so explain why they’re vastly over represented?
Also, this is happening all across the Anglosphere and Europe where black people are more like 1- 3% and Muslims are a bigger demographic group but are virtually ignore while blacks are yet again vastly over represented.

It's a problem because every other race gets to have its own identity, home and history except for white people who are allowed to call nothing their own apart from the concept of slavery: Even though slavery was an import from African culture and African history and was going on for thousands of years in Africa [ compared to the couple of hundred years or so they involved the West in the business before the West shut it down]

eg, netflix make arthurian series, they make arthur black, netflix make Polish Witcher series and make the characters black, Disney makes Mermaid movie based on folkore tale and makes her black--- because again white people are not allowed to have their own cultural history apart from slavery and being nazi's.

It's an agenda that's going on to erase and displace and entire people of its history and culture, basically.

Attached: 1551906583597.webm (640x798, 854K)

you know why and it's intentional

you know why and it's intentional

you called them paranoid and then they recast the doctor as a woman

The fact that you even know the plot of a nuWho tells me you must live a sad life.

Because more of them live in the first world and want their own representation. It's not all about you

>pride of the nation
People are actually disgusted by it

"Historical" films were always inaccurate. Why would you start caring now?
There are hundreds of movies where Jesus is depicted as white.

>our current day society is diverse so people of color should be included in our media
Why?

What's would be your opinion of a film about Zulus where half the Zulus were asian/white and dressed in authentic garb?

You would have no issue with this and it wouldn't affect the movie at all would it?

It wouldn't look absolutely ridiculous and hilarious would it?

What pisses me off is Disney did the live action Beauty in the Beast, Cinderella, and Nutcracker which European based stories and filled them with niggers. But Mulan has an all Chinese cast. Wtf that’s why I haven’t paid paid to see any of those shit movies.

>pol
No fuckface, not pol, just people who don’t like racism, historical revisionism, hard leftism, and all the things that we’re told are bad yet seem to be OK when your filthy mob do it against white people.

those statistics are heavily skewed because of what passes as 'white' in america these days.

Here's a better question: why do like it so much?

ITS

If you were, you'd stand up and do something about it.

The reason you don't is because you dumb poms secretly still love and watch Dr Who.

>not pol
>just this list of pol talking points

holy based

THE

The first world is already occupied with established cultures, if you move somewhere and demand things you’re actually a huge problem and need to go back. Also, it’s rarely actual black people pushing this shit, until the likes of Tessa Thompson and Idris Elba made public efforts to black up white cultures, it’s usually some ugly white leftard or a Jew.

JEWS

>you called them paranoid and then they recast the doctor as a woman

I didn't call anyone paranoid, dogshit writing has been doctor who's problem for years, it wasn't good then suddenly shit because they cast a woman

Because the creators are racists.

Jesus actually is white. There’s credible evidence he’s actually Greek or some Caucasian, given the culture of the area, and the fact the Middle East was a lot less brown pre Islamic rape fest. Why do leftards and black people think the near and Middle East are a uniform brown? Have you actually ever seen a Yazidi, a Coptic Christian, the Assad family? Millions of them are clearly related to Europeans.

This, it’s so blatant.

Yeah I’ll just put me kids down and storm the government because of a Dr Who show, that’ll teach ‘em, and it’s not like the media wouldn’t love the chance to tell a story of a “crazy racist alt right women radicalised by Yea Forums!”

More bullshit. Hispanics are probably white anyway, unless they’re directly descended from Aztecs or something they’re just the Spanish in the new world, same as Germans, Brits, Scandinavians. Spain is a white country.

I’m really not /pol/, although it’s convenient for lazy retards to use that label. I don’t think you realise how fucked off Europeans are with all this shit, this is how normal people feel.

This only happens in big budget mainstream trash. But /pol/cunts refuse to watch quality indie films because they dislike anything good.

Attached: puta.jpg (348x346, 22K)

>More bullshit. Hispanics are probably white anyway

they're hispanic though, not white, but you count them as white when it suits you.

Because every movie's cast must be the same
In the name of diversity

>this is how normal people feel.
autists reposting a doctor who webm for literally years crying is not normal people by any stretch of the imagination

Because the US is full of them and so they're a big market there.

Literally no one else cares or wants them.

>they’re just the Spanish in the new world
Except for the whole interbreeding with the indigenous non-white population, which is what overwhelmingly American hispanics are descended from....and pure Spaniards are not "white" either.

I would like to see that credible evidence, user.

this, I never have browsed /pol/ because it makes me depressed but I get called /pol/ in Yea Forums all the time because of all the /r/chapotraphouse immigrants

fuck knows where I could watch indie films even if I wanted to alienate myself from popular culture

most people don't like it but don't really care

>Because the US is full of them and so they're a big market there.
>Literally no one else cares or wants them.

that's why all these threads start appearing when it's time for burgerland to wake up, nobody else cares/obsesses about race this much.

You don't understand how to torrent?
retard boomer

>Millions of them are clearly related to Europeans.
just because the arent as dark as their countrymen and have lighter features, doesnt mean they have similar genetics to you,dumb fuck.

I want to go see a film in the cinema
torrenting isn't helping the indie creators

Because its wrong
It would be like a Chinese dude playing Shakazulu
Man, people are stupid

>historical dramas & films

You just answered your own question. These are dramas and movies not documentaries or reenactments. They take all kinds of liberties in these stories already you just don't notice it this is just them opening up the pool of actors for these productions.

because it minimizes the histprical plight of non-whites in europe and the Americas, mby protraying those societies as diverse and welcoming of PoC, instead of the racist places they were. We shouldn't give kids the impressioin that victorian england would have been a place where black people can lead normal lives. It's ironically whitewashing history, just using brown people to do it.

White people are represented in like 90% of everything though

yes and most of london is black and brown. they dont care about anything outside london

>666
Checks out

That's a consequence of hollywood not making movies based on stories of other cultures. Slapping a brown in the film is not addressing the deeper cultural GENOCIDE that is happening to BROWN STORIES

What are you on about? You Eurocucks are taking them in by the millions.

No idea.

Attached: star-of-david.png (1400x1400, 23K)

Which is stupid.

There is no good reason to have a black person play a white historical figure.

>why does changing the race of literal kings and queens of europe into niggers upset you
gee, I dunno retard.

>These are dramas and movies not documentaries or reenactments.

This is literally from an educational show

Attached: 53590012_2073743796072716_1665998295863549684_n.jpg (764x779, 101K)

Looks like a cartoon they're kind of known for not being realistic.

link to the show? I want to see this.

In the interest of immersion, I like a degree of accuracy in my tv shows, movies, literature, and video games about historical periods. Yes, even if other aspects of the piece of media require some suspension of disbelief. If black people want to be represented, they should make their own movies with their own characters or focus on African history in their media, like Black Panther for example. That way I can avoid it.

Reminder that the Britbongs of Yea Forums will fiercely defend the blackwashing of BBC productions and all the others. They say it's just /pol/ being mean.

white people make 90% of eveything.

if other races would make shit they could put in it whoever they want. REAL SIMPLE EQUATION

So are jews white people or not /pol/? Make up your mind

So much for all the British posters saying these castings are just to pander to an american audience.

British taxpayers are literally funding state-driven revisionist history and they're too stupid to do anything about it. Britbongs are beyond retarded.

Look up "Cultural Marxism" and the "Frankfurt School".

Attached: 1562688684056.jpg (500x613, 60K)

>thread put on autosage
Even though it's very clearly related to the subject of film and tv.

The mods & janitors here really are deranged idiots with an agenda.

Brits are masters of cognitive dissonance

>a degree of the supernatural in a science fiction show means all bets are off and the entire universe doesn't have to make sense or have any kind of self-consistency because duuuude there's sea monsters stop complaining lmao

They would do well to re-read 1984, written by a fellow Briton. Specifically the parts about the war with Eurasia, and how they always were at war with Eurasia. Blacks are in Europe now. Blacks have always been in Europe.

lemme just shoot up parliament to protest nogs on tv, there's nothing we can do about it, just like there's nothing you can do about the state of the US.
Don't know why retards on 4channel want to keep gloating about how fucked each others' countries are when we are all fucked

New thread:

>our current day society is diverse so people of color should be included in our media
>Why?
Because they'll riot otherwise.

Sure, but why blackwash historical white people or make established, white fictional characters (Achilles, James Bond) instead of creating new characters? Why co-opt our culture?