Is there a bigger fuck up in all of Nu Wars than the handling of Rey?

>the same perfect girl at the end that she was at the beginning

They played it safe and she is one of the most forgettable characters in the entire franchise

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-24-09-41-28~2.png (720x396, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Karbin
youtu.be/8n_e7ACCq6Q?t=212
youtube.com/watch?v=MpEv9CZBiYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how was the new lot somehow worse than George's prequel fiasco?
I would call it sterility but that was a huge problem with the prequels in the first place
Is it a case of fake good intentions?

Imagine talking about a space opera from the 1970s on an ecchi image board in the 2020s

she needed some flaws and a better back story

She's going to be a clone of Palatine or Anakin or someone. It's so fucking obvious

You don't think she was already flawed by virtue of having to grow up in a male dominated, patriarchal society that teaches women they can't yas queen slay? Pick up a book incels.

i don't think the sequels are any worse than the prequels but i think part of the reason it may seem that way is that they dump a new shitty star wars on us every year instead of every few years

Do you want to know what a great subversion of expectation would be?
>No flaws and no back story

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 6K)

No theyre going to make it that she is literally just some girl with the message that anyone can randomly be the most powerful ever

Because the films were made by a board of directors

Go to a board meeting and say “I think Ray should have her hand cut off” and see how far you get.

She’s fucking cardboard. Her motivations are all but nonexistent and how she reacts in any given situation is dictated by the plot, not the particulars of her character. That’s why both Mark as well as the long-time fans can tell you how Luke would react in any given situation, how we know he’s acting out of character in Retard’s movie - because Luke *is* a character. He has dimensions, a philosophy, in short, a soul.

I don't think handling is the problem, there's nothing to handle. She's really bland, should have been written entirely different from the start.

does this still hapen a week after? Is that why she never changes clothes?

Could have been avoided by having her join Kylo.

Attached: 1561273092782.gif (540x250, 2.97M)

You and about a million other retards don't know what a clone is.

or kylo join her and snoke being plagueis and the main bad guy of the third movie

Yes, when a character has no conflict is stale and boring.
She never even changes or learns anything for the entire trilogy.

based time traveling user. Star Wars was always trash

No, you can make a female clone of a male. You just use the chromosome that has the traits you want and double down. In fact, if they’re smart, that would be the explanation for her being retard-strong with the Force.

Spoiler:They’re not smart.

Then Luke has a conflict and everyone whines.

the clone wars cartoon was the only good thing to come from SW

Luke wore robes, these are rags

Attached: marcusgohmarcusgoh-markhamilllukeskywalker.jpg (1906x889, 120K)

having conflict is not the same as rejecting his whole character

kys

this is how the jedis should look

They didn't fuck up with Rey at all, and the fact you think they did means you've fundamentally misunderstood the entire logic/purpose of her character.

Rey was never intended to be a "character" with an arc, or motivations, or a personality - she was intended to be an inoffensive cardboard cutout for people to project themselves onto, in an attempt to appeal to a new demographic of fans who like stuff like Harry Potter, Twilight and the Hunger Games. She's the movie equivalent of a silent video game protagonist. And by all counts, they succeeded in their goal of appealing to that demographic, which makes Rey a resounding success at achieving what she was made to accomplish.

It's just they also lost literally every other demographic on the planet outside of active fandom white women in their late 20s/early 30s.

Attached: ahhhhh, the banking clan.jpg (981x661, 236K)

no one has handled her yet much to her dismay. but in 6 months

Attached: D966zKyWsAARRmC.jpg (686x1200, 117K)

TCW is good but you know how nothing. The video games(pre-Disney), and books and comics(pre-Disney), were also good.

In fact, the peak of the star wars is kotor 2.

Based.

>how was the new lot somehow worse than George's prequel fiasco?
Well, for starters, none of the Prequel characters were SJW self-inserts, which is what the ST's cast consisted of.

Attached: zed193.png (281x389, 130K)

But her joining Kylo would make her a character with agency, which defeats the purpose laid out here:
She CAN'T have a distinct personality or make any character-based decisions because it would ruin her status as a vehicle for the intended new audience to self-insert as her.

No.

The audience would love it if Kylo inserted himself if you catch my drift .

I bet you're excited to see her defeat Kylo once again though!

>George's prequel fiasco?
the fiasco that led him being able to sell the franchise for a couple billion? yeah he really got the shit end of the deal on that one

I can't wait for Episode 9 to shit the bed, so we can all move on with our lives. Kylo is the only interesting thing in the new series, so I just want to see what happens with him, they I can forget about it forever

Libs notion of "just b urself" makes for characters that never change. Even if they do, they need to reverse any change by the end of the movie like a sitcom.

Truth

They should just say fuck it and have her ascend to Godhood at the end of RoS.

>Rey was never intended to be a "character" with an arc, or motivations, or a personality - she was intended to be an inoffensive cardboard cutout for people to project themselves onto, in an attempt to appeal to a new demographic of fans who like stuff like Harry Potter, Twilight and the Hunger Games. She's the movie equivalent of a silent video game protagonist. And by all counts, they succeeded in their goal of appealing to that demographic, which makes Rey a resounding success at achieving what she was made to accomplish.
Well, no wonder they fucked up. Silent protagonists are good enough for vidya and indie arthouse films, but when you're making a mainstream story, you NEVER do this when it comes to movies, books, or TV shows. Ever. The sole purpose of a hero's journey is to make the main hero feel relatable and have a predetermined backstory that gives the character background in order to change and evolve over time. Rey as a blank slate in a visual medium of an ongoing epic is boring and vacuous with no relatable qualities at all, essentially the complete opposite of Luke Skywalker and, therefore, a poorly written excuse for a main protagonist.

Attached: zed55.jpg (1000x981, 215K)

At least that would be some sort of character development

>They should just say fuck it and have her ascend to Godhood at the end of RoS.
You have no idea how close you are to that truth, buddy.

>that anyone can randomly be the most powerful ever
Hmm, by "anyone" you mean any girl or women, right sweetie?

Attached: ummm sweaty.png (542x1140, 511K)

They managed to create a Star Wars fatigue with just four films in four years, including the first box office flop in the entire saga with Solo ($ 50 million).

Amazing how the same company that owns the MCU managed to fuck up that bad. MCU has 23 films (many only mediocre) in 11 years and has had no box office flop.

This is not a problem of franchising, but of planning and degenerative stupidity.

> Worldwide Box Office
1 Avengers: Endgame (2019) / $ 2,790.8
>4 Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) / $ 2,068.2
5 Avengers: Infinity War (2018) / $ 2,048.4
7 Marvel's The Avengers (2013) / $ 1,518.8
9 Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) / $ 1,405.4
10 Black Panther (2018) / $ 1,346.9
>12 Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) / $ 1,332.5
18 Iron Man 3 (2013) / $ 1,214.8
20 Captain America: Civil War (2016) / $ 1,153.3
22 Captain Marvel (2019) / $1,128.3
>30 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) / $1,056.1
42 Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019) / $975.0
61 Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) / $880.2
69 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) / $863.8
73 Thor: Ragnarok (2017) / $854.0
94 Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) / $773.3
>298 Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) / $392.9

George was a visionary and a creative one at that, hand picked quality art and designs (aliens, planets, ships, locales), all movies were fresh. Sure, Ewoks and storylines, plot and character interaction didn't go so well. However, character arcs go well, and the story progresses, utilizing side characters, hiring minorities and exotic humans without it being intrusive - despite George's soft side. No fans were insulted if they disliked the movies, not by the media, not by Lucasfilm.
Unlike with the Disney films...

>They played it safe
They played it retarded.

Am I the only one who feels like you can really SEE the cocaine? Like on her face?

>a Star Wars fatigue
I suppose you could call it that, but I think it has to do with the writing more than merely industrial production of movies.
They thought they could abandon old stuff in favor of Hollywood tropes and remove all themes, plot, worldbuilding, lore, in-world rules - even managing to misuse nostalgia in Star Wars.
They seem to think that unpredictability was a decent replacement of creativity. They misinterpreted the flaws of the prequels and failed miserably.

Women can't write good characters, they always make shitty characters that are self-inserts. That's why Rey sucks.

>Is there a bigger fuck up in all of Nu Wars than the handling of Rey?
>fuck up
Well, they said 'fuck it' regarding their intentions with IX over a year ago, and are doing reshoots right now.

Indeed user

Attached: johnson-snokejpeg.jpg (1300x650, 48K)

I really only like Kylo & the hum of his saber ;)

I want to hear Rian's Snoke theory. Did he have a backstory or was he just a prop?
>Snoke is a nobody
>If you kill the past you don't need consistency

Have sex.

It's amazing how coke abuse can age you severely in only a few short years

>She washed her hair and cleaned her rags
>It broke new ground

The sequels were flawed from the start since they were continued an already finished story that didn't need anything else told after the destruction of the second Death Star, now being worse since they've effectly rendered the sacrifices made in ROTJ null and void with the Emperor surviving in some form and having the Resistance be cut down to nothing.
It doesn't help that they shat on every main character from the OT including the main hero.

>she needed some flaws
All women are flawless retard

I'm sure the writers for episode nine will fix it
>jar jar abrams
>writer of superman v batman and justice league

imagine two trains filled with dumpster fires crashing into each other

>I can't wait for Episode 9 to shit the bed, so we can all move on with our lives.

I want them to pinch off the ST so they can stop trying to cross-promote with it, and rework the flagging Galaxy's Edge park with more OT/PT theming and imagery. I want classic alien species running around.

lmao you are delusional, the prequel are unwatchable garbage. The only good thing that came out of it were the side stuff likes the videogames, the clone wars etc...
At least The Force Awaken is an okay sci fi movie, the prequel is just pure torture to sit through.

Attached: 564564531.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

I think they've given up on IX saving anything, and are putting all their eggs in the Mandalorian basket now. The fact that it's got people in charge of it who actually give a shit about the franchise gives me a little bit of hope.

i love Rey, totally love her as a character.

Miss em bro
What happened to these unique alien designs, they're all blobs, sea lions and otters now.

Attached: Star-Wars-Aliens.jpg (600x316, 47K)

>I want classic alien species running around.
You're never getting anything that's not full costume. They're not going to spend 6 hours on makeup for someone to walk around Florida weather 10 minutes.

Attached: 4L_qxad3jUO.jpg (214x300, 22K)

>I want to hear Rian's Snoke theory. Did he have a backstory or was he just a prop?
Rian thought reusing a evil bad guy controling the antagonist was uninspired and tired so he killed him. He said he had no reason to work with snoke because Kylo should be the badguy and he hated how he hid his character behind a stupid muh parallels mask made for merchandising.

I don't think it's franchise fatigue. If they had made good movies that fans wanted, the franchise wouldn't be in such a poor state that it's currently in. Had Disney done what they should have, EP IX would have a shot at dethroning the newly crowned Endgame for #1; instead, they're lucky if it beats Rogue One

boring shit

Gain height

>Bad state
>Still makes over 1.5 billion each movie

this unironically looks good

You’re not alone.

kylo dies in the end? what is conclusion of his story?

Can we please shut the fuck up about Plagueis, Palaptine's the big bad.

The handling of every other character.

>He doesn't know their are Star Wars fans that just eat anything up that has Star Wars written on it

Does she even know who Poe is? Hes suppose to be one of the 3 leads but I honestly dont remember him and Rey sharing a single scene together.
None of the new characters outside Kylo are memorable. All anyone talks about is the characters from the OT.

Yeah wow imagine caring about the most beloved American fiction that achieved cult status on a website specifically designed to discuss such things and be able to share with people all around the world....

That’s what’s called normal, that’s what’s called having heart and soul, the burning desire that only passion can fuel

>"George's prequel fiasco"
>Great worldbuilding, characters, new worlds, cultures and memorable soundtrack
>fiasco

Attached: cursed (2).jpg (900x524, 326K)

I gurantee you this person and most anyone else that sounds like this has not actually watched these movies, aside from when he was 5 when they first came out, and he's just parroting what he's read on the internet.

Only TFA did that in box office. RO barely broke a billion, and we don't need a reminder of Solo being a flop. With how Disney Wars is trending RoS will do 900 million

Oh, I have no delusions of Twi'leks (despite how great that would be), but it wouldn't be too hard to throw a Rodian or buttmouth costume on like , or toss an animatronic Dewback or Watto in there.

Post your opinion of the last Star Wars movie and your penis size.

I hated it.
1 inch erect.

>SW spinoff shit use to be good because George didn't give a fuck and the creators were given freedom to make it their own
>now all cartoons/comics are sterilized by Disney to be a bland and brandsafe as possible
>and all video games belong to fucking EA

Attached: 152312323.png (672x777, 312K)

The franchise is making more money than ever before. How exactly is it in bad shape? If anything Kathy Kennedy has made it incredibly successful.

The Genndy one.

They eye fucked at the end of the last jedi when they officially met.

This.

that’s the power of mediocre white men, thinking they know better than everyone else

So Johnson's solution to an uninspired bad guy was to just kill off Snoke instead of putting the work in to making him interesting, remove any complexity from Kylo's character, and just make him into a screaming sociopath? I can see why he's getting his own trilogy.

Closing down Lucasarts was the dumbest decision Disney ever made and I'll never forgive them for it.

That's not true. Solo and Rogue One are things.
There's no hype. There are at best 2 threads on Yea Forums both making fun of it, media is pretty silent, the new one is in reshoots.
It's a fiasco, but gotta agree with JJ here; Fuck it.

nice bait

Plus, it's just comfy as shit. I love Coruscant.

>The franchise is making more money than ever before.
Was*, the movies were, the games, trinkets and toys are not.

George's vision may have been crazy, but it was at least his own, so the films mostly follow a consistent story that he had planned out. It was building to Palpatine's coup and Anakin's fall, and those events are at least foreshadowed. The Sequels had no plan. The stories aren't building to anything. The foreshadowing falls onto "subverted expectations" and ultimately means nothing but a waste of time. That's why it's worse.

Ep9 easily makes 1.9 billion. They want their finale to look like a financial success and will make it happen by force if needed.

>looking at someone in the eyes
>eyefucking

go out of your mother's basement you incel

>Change of ticket prices over the years
>Star Wars is now Marvel esqe with little story and more action
>Star Wars super fans that eat anything up that's got Star Wars written on it
>OT fans collared into the theatres with Luke, Leia and Han
>Solo's Sales
>It's literally a Bandwagon Trilogy
There's more reasons why it's a success but even these fans will get sick of this shit
fuck off shill

Stop screechraping him!

Ill tell rian since he's the one who said it faggot

so like most of Yea Forums ?

This should have been her outfit from day one.

Attached: 9f806e41e1e71b44b7423d5a3656bdd4053884f40cd71efcf969965468ee0b71.jpg (2352x3840, 1.71M)

Thanks for reminding me.

Attached: 1501315436293.jpg (598x460, 215K)

Fuck that stupid Dragon Ball Z shit. The only thing it was good for was Grievous.

The masks are made to dehumanize the villains. OT Vader is considered one of the more badass, iconic villains of all time, instantly recognizable as a bad guy. Kylo was an ok villain to start in TFA, was super emotional and seemed to be exactly how he was portrayed, young and angry, torn between good and evil. Then RJ threw away the one thing that could dehumanize him and truly push the idea that he was fully evil by putting the helmet back on, and by showing his face all movie long all we get from TLJ is stupid fucking Reylo bullshit and a pathetic "bad" guy.

link? oh yeah, you are larping

>now all cartoons/comics are sterilized by Disney to be a bland and brandsafe as possible
I suppose some soulless suit might see this that way, but I see the depraved world birthing these.

Attached: husk.jpg (1918x775, 1.03M)

Get ready to see outrage baiting clickbait articles infesting the Internet once Ep9 hype season rolls around.

Stay mad fincel

How would that prevent the self-insertion? That's what 90% of the audience wants.

They are fine. Phantom Menace sucks. But you have based Dark Maul at least. Episode 3 is better than ep4 and ep6. Rogue One is last good SW movie.

It's disney. They have to stay on moral high ground to pleas SJW auitists who can't comprehend anti-heroes or enjoy redemption arc

t. virgin

kill yourself prequel loving faggot

>Dark Maul

Attached: 0bea824e55adcc0000eb1ddd262a651f9495aeea8a5b8a190312bfb1b0b305bf.jpg (596x1053, 83K)

Somehow, Clones became my favorite of the prequels. It might just be through sheer familiarity and nostalgia though, since that's the one I've seen the most by a WIDE margin.

tHe Eu WaS NeVeR GoOd, DiSnEy waS RigHT to rEtcOn iT

Reylo is never going to happen fucking reycel, get over it. Shes going to hook up with the new black woman because Rey has been a lesbian this entire time.

>thought that was an edited photo of grievous
what the fuck.

Or you are just retarded

>kylo dies in the end? what is conclusion of his story?

- The Beyond is the "World Between Worlds" from Rebels, AKA time travel nexus.
- Sheev was the main villain all along and had planned this time travel scheme since the Prequels.
- The Knights of Ren return from The Beyond, under the control of Sheev's spirit.
- There are multiple Death Stars that emerged from time the travel nexus originating from alternate timelines.
- The title "Rise of Skywalker" isn't about broadcasting a radio signal. It's about the literal resurrection of Luke. It gets stupider.
- The Sith Troopers are Sheev's personal army and are unrelated to The First Order despite having similar modern armor.
- Kylo is effectively the new Emperor of the galaxy & the Resistance is now the Rebellion again, but are more Marxist if anything.
- The plot focuses on finding the gateway rift to The Beyond and closing it + destroying Sheev once and for all.
- Snoke's origin, purpose, and motivation is never mentioned or brought up + he has no direct connection to Sheev.
- The film feels like a road trip movie with tons of awkward ad libbing and feels rushed in several areas & partially an "apology" for TLJ.
- The Knights of Ren are barely explored outside their names + they're barely in the film until the climax.
- The final confrontation is Sheev's remnant voice manipulating Rey and Kylo into fighting each other aboard the ruins of the Death Star 2 on Endor.
- The "Force Flash Fight" is a visually autistic time travel duel where Rey and Kylo "jump" between planets from various points in the timeline before coming back to the Death Star 2.

Now that's just rude. Nice trips though.

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Karbin
forgot to paste the link

Star wars was never good

Go back to fucking your asian wifu rose while thinking about your dear poe, you fag fincell

God i know they are a little old for the Thrawn trilogy but i feel we missed out

They could just make it where Snoke was a meat puppet for Sheev, kind of like Pain from Naruto.

No.

Even with Harry Potter, arguably the most succesful of those type of protaganists, after the first book, he gets some serious character development, some flaws appear, and he stops being ideal. Hell, in the Chamber of Secrets, he seriously begins to think he's gone mad, and is the one attacking people. And it only developed from there.

what is a conclusion of this shitshow?

Continue spreading your toxic cis white genetics all over and making the world a worse place for the true kings and queens of color

I'm going to sneak in just to laugh at this shit show

Attached: Data Laughing.gif (480x360, 1.65M)

How does it end?

Sorry. I didn't see ep1 since it was in cinema. Not exactly hardcore SW fan. Story ended with Revenge of Siths for me.

Harry is still lame character compared to others

Kylo winning apparently.

More retarded than the EU
How can the Rebels shitty cartoon being canon

Harry Potter fucks up, a lot.
We learn that the reason he’s the chosen one is basically because Voldemort chose to pay his house a visit.
It could easily have been neville instead

He’s decidedly unimpressive, magic wise and pigheaded. Good character, all things considered

>Harry Potter
>he gets some serious character development

Attached: 1314754399928.gif (400x225, 1.71M)

Sorry for hurting your 15 years old black trans girl feelings fag fincell

Coke sent Daisy on a hyperspeed ram straight into the Wall

- Sheev's spiritual remnant is bound to the throne on the Death Star 2, which is still intact. It also happens to be the source of the rift.
- The multiple Death Stars are destroying multiple planets across the galaxy, leading to a nearly apocalyptic endgame.
- Sheev attempts to possess Kylo's body after the Force Flash duel concludes.
- Kylo begs Rey to kill him, but she can't do it; suddenly, Luke emerges from the Beyond rift thing.
- Luke takes Sheev's spirit from Kylo; Death Star 2 gets sucked into the Beyond along with Rey, Kylo, and Luke.
- Various landmarks from Star Wars history appear in the form of a merged landscape in the Beyond; Luke pacifies Sheev's spirit and tells Rey that she has to do something to "fix everything."
- Rey uses heightened force powers "borrowed" from Kylo and Luke to alter timeline; new timeline is created where Luke, Han, Ackbar, and Holdo are alive. The invasion of parallel timelines from the Beyond never happens. Planets that were destroyed by Death Star fleet are restored. Luke has his Jedi Academy back and is no longer a hermit, but this sequence uses unused footage from TLJ. A CGI Han is seen next to unused footage of Leia from TFA. Holdo is the Supreme Chancellor of the New Republic. Hux and Poe are serving the New Republic. C-3P0 is some kind of chronicler of all galactic history now after discovering that he's ancient and predates Episode 1. R2 is still R2. BB-8 and D-0 go on another adventure. The First Order doesn't exist. Snoke is still never acknowledged. Finn never joined the FO and is still on the Muslim planet with his bow-wielding sister. Rose never ends up with Finn. Rey and Kylo Ren (now Ben Solo) live together on Tatooine (twin suns are a dead giveaway) in a familiar looking homestead with a baby. Narration by Luke plays throughout this sequence. The End.

Attached: zed98.jpg (600x600, 48K)

>They didn't fuck up with Rey at all, and the fact you think they did means you've fundamentally misunderstood the entire logic/purpose of her character.
>Rey was never intended to be a "character" with an arc, or motivations, or a personality - she was intended to be an inoffensive cardboard cutout for people to project themselves onto, in an attempt to appeal to a new demographic of fans who like stuff like Harry Potter, Twilight and the Hunger Games. She's the movie equivalent of a silent video game protagonist. And by all counts, they succeeded in their goal of appealing to that demographic, which makes Rey a resounding success at achieving what she was made to accomplish.
>It's just they also lost literally every other demographic on the planet outside of active fandom white women in their late 20s/early 30s.
Depressing and accuratepilled.

>Holdo is the Supreme Chancellor of the New Republic.
Gay if true.

Attached: 1516426005343.jpg (651x719, 22K)

>orphan
>lonesome
>hates/misses/complicated relationship with her parents for abandoning her
>kylo killed her friend but she also has feelings for him and senses good in him
>wants to learn about the force but her only teacher is a bitter old man that unintentionally caused this whole mess
>has powers she can't understand or control although she is trying and learning as she goes along
>despite her best efforts her side lost, horribly and she couldn't do anything about it
>now she has to try and set things right and save kylo from himself
You guys were going to hate-pan this trilogy regardless but its honestly like you didn't even watch it

>Rey uses heightened force powers "borrowed" from Kylo and Luke to alter timeline
In other words, she makes the events of the Sequel Trilogy never happen, which means that this entire storyline was effectively pointless?

Attached: 1488092461733s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

I would not be mad at this.

Attached: darth-bane.jpg (798x1758, 209K)

>Rey presses the cosmic reset button and they all live happily ever after
Perfect ending to a pointless trilogy

>Luke takes Sheev's spirit from Kylo
Bullshit. The nu-Wars trilogy focuses on female empowerment propaganda above all else. Rey will be the one who kills Sheev once and for all and it'll be revealed that she was the real chosen one in the prophecy because vagina. Screencap this.

>Rey presses the cosmic reset button and they all live happily ever after
I mean, it makes sense. It's desperate and extremely lazy and one of the worst narrative plot convenient tropes to go with, but it makes sense given that TLJ wrote them into a corner and they had nowhere to go from there due to the lack of having a planned out plot from the the get go. On the other hand, it'll turn off people from Star Wars even harder than TLJ did and it would effectively kill off any and all rewatchability of the Sequel Trilogy anyway.

So basically the whole point of this sequel trilogy is for the protagonist to do a glorified Control-Z? This is utterly retarded and completely un-Star Wars.

Rey TFA costume was lightning in a bottle, they keep trying to replicate the spark but it always looks like a cheap knock off.

How is it that people call Rey a Mary Sue, but Ripley did the same things 40 years ago and no one ever called her a Mary Sue?????
>Not only survives the first Alien attack abourd the Nostromo, a ship of mostly men, she kills the Xeno
>Second movie, A FUCKING SQUARDRON OF COLONIAL MARINES gets their ass kicked by Xenos, but Ripley saves their ass, AND kills the fucking Queen Xeno

Yet somehow Ripley has never been called a Mary Sue, and Rey is? Fucking bullshit garbage being pushed by Disney-haters with a secret agenda.

Attached: ripley 20.jpg (471x700, 141K)

>PT and OT tell story of events over 40 years
>ST tells story of shit that sort of happened, but then didnt because time travel reset button, and reverts everything back to the way it used to be and was never shown on screen
So theyre going to waste 3 movies and years of time to show people a tiny glimpse of what would have made a better trilogy to begin with. Im honestly shocked that Marvel could keep it together for so long, and the SW side couldnt even handle making a single trilogy without fucking everything up.

Attached: 5447250+_f0ccfe5cfe5e98fd1c6c25883f93ff2b.jpg (288x175, 8K)

>Rose never ends up with Finn.
No way. They are not retconing them

nice bait

What happened to her face?

You know, the problems with Rey are merely symptomatic of the larger problems with the characters in the story. The plot requires things to be done a certain way regardless of the writing for the characters. That means that Poe has to not only be a great pilot, but basically playing a video game on easy as he pulls of feats that Han and Anakin would be envious of. It means that Finn's moral qualms and harsh background mean nothing and have no bearing on how he behaves toward friend and foe alike. It means that Ben/Kylo is a pathetic overgrown manchild who leaps back and forth with his character arc, yet is far too old to be so childish and too petty in his goals to be sympathetic. It means that Luke has to be a failure despite supposedly becoming what the Jedi should have been, that Leia should wind up going back to leading a ragtag paramilitary group despite her greater status and higher ideals, and that Han should regress back into the self-centered smuggler he was at the start.

Lmao this sounds so fucking stupid

She needs to lose a hand. It'll be like pottery.

Why not an arm and a leg? Make up for lost time and make a visual pun while at it.

LMAO

The PT has waaaaay better characters than the ST and that’s not even up for debate. The PT is fucking doodoo but cmon son. Mace Windu, Darth Maul, young Obi, The alien designs. All the bad guys and enemy designs like Grievous and Count Dooku. Fucking Pod Racing! All the vidya that came from that era! Dog no one in the ST is memorable except Kylo.

Attached: 468AA102-252A-4BA4-98C5-347259AF0072.png (700x700, 618K)

nice bait

Ripley was nervous wreck in Alien. She was just last on his hit list and was lucky. Rey is more powerful than Anakin. He can beat trained Sith without any training.

Crylo is not a sith you ignorant moron

She stole the training from his head.

>implying the genes which make you exceptional aren't on the y chromosome

Attached: file.png (481x306, 16K)

>basically the same costume three movies in a row

Imagine the smell

None of these are flaws. Rey never fails, and is basically perfect.

She fails to get dicking from the dark lord she likes
Yes she has flaws

I'm disappointed she didn't join Kylo. That was the one expectation I'd like to have seen subverted.

This is actually true. She's so ficking retarded she went to him wearing make-up and thought she could make him turn. Pretty big of a flaw.

>No, you can make a female clone of a male.
A clone is a 100% exact replica of an organism in terms of genetic material.
The moment you tamper with their genes , or even worse their chromosomes, it stops being a clone and becomes an overglorified GMO.
Clonetroopers are not exact replicas of Jango Fett unlike Boba (assuming that making them tamer is thanks to gene edition) but they are clones of each other so they still count as clones.
Meanwhile what you propose is outright replace a chromosome for a duplicate of another and call it a clone of the original being.

The average mousecuck thinks like this.

Attached: D6D761DB-E79D-47E4-909D-1F9EE79519CA.jpg (208x326, 10K)

What is twins if not clones?

And they can be boy and girl too.

Compared to something like say, Notch's selling of Minecraft, George really didn't make that much money on something that was such a huge aspect of pop culture.

Minus pants please.

>Remember Amidala's midriff
>20 years ago
>cry

>I would call it sterility but that was a huge problem with the prequels in the first place
If there's anything the prequels WEREN'T it was "sterile". They had problems with trying things and sometimes succeeding and sometimes falling short, but being sterile was never a problem with the PT.

You have to be 18 to post here sir.

The prequels were an earnest fuck up, and other people got to play with George’s toys.
The ST is a sterile execution and it shows.

>There are more average IQ women than men, but there are more HIGH IQ men than women.
user, you might want to look up what "exceptional" means. Or at least get some better bait.

As flawed as the prequels were, the entire sequel trilogy combined can't even measure up to just the lightsaber battle at the end of Episode I. A blank screen with just the music is better, in fact.

He was right actually, too bad TFA was entirely around reselling a franchise to nostalgiafags and that he went about the most retarded way possible in trying to fix it

>George's prequel fiasco
What fiasco?

This right here is the answer and the reason they play safe with everything, in a bizzarre twist, the "subverting expectations" guy was the only one that made an effort to make something new but fucked the execution so badly he basically killed the franchise

>muh prequels suckzors, am i right fellow RLM fans
Just fucking apologize already, bro.

Attached: George Lucas.jpg (494x600, 60K)

>big titty rey

Yes please, also lose the pants and give her some toe-free high heels, then we're talking.

Let me guess, brainac, you think that Disney made it's money back because every movie made a billion?

Nice headcanon, faggot.
Show me the scene in the movie where that happens or is openly stated.

I think Daisy is hot and I would very much like to have sex with her as she looks very similar to my ex gf from London who I'm still now over.

Attached: 4yearsDaisy.jpg (3352x5285, 1.06M)

What the hell is it with Brits and walls? Was it Hadrian's fault?

Um, about that...

Attached: zed125.jpg (1656x1278, 638K)

Attached: Holmes-and-Watson-Granada-sherlock-holmes-859506_461_355.gif (461x355, 69K)

Do people really think Luke had any character development at all? He was literally perfect from beginning to end.

It's in the novelization.

FUCKING LOL!
That's what i thought.

SW was always shit
Exactly my point

Hard to believe some retard spend his life on doing this shit
No one cares about shit that is star wars

So what you're saying is that the movies were basically one of those 'immersive' rides you get at Universal Studios and Rey played the car

Not him, but 5 links and a a two column pivot most likely took less than an hour. I could do that sans links in about 10 minutes.

>it makes sense given that TLJ wrote them into a corner and they had nowhere to go from there due to the lack of having a planned out plot from the the get go
That isn't an excuse to bring in transdimensional bullshit. There's never an excuse for doing that.

It's unbelievable how much better this shit would've been if the conclusion of TLJ had been Rey turning to the dark side and the final movie being about Kylo having to bring sexy sith Rey back to the light.

men self insert into the narrative gained from the story itself. the hero should be relatable but ultimately it's the movements of the story itself (heros journey, boy goes on adventure, stranger comes to town) men project into. men don't get the dopamine buzz as readily from going "durr im just like john mcclane", but if the story compellingly shows a relatable character on your level going through something, the going through something is what men have their eye on. women insert (on the whole) as the main character that pulls their focus and their immediate interactions. you can appeal to how women self insert and that's fine and well but the fact is appealing to the baseline of female fantasy results in unwatchable shit, while pandering to men at least gives you wiggle room for a golden egg flick, as evidenced by the fact they couldn't try these ideas out in a brand new ip created by the old crows who run this dumpster fire series.

>female fantasy results in unwatchable shit
Misogynistic much?

And now Kylo is fixing the mask again.

She didn't even need flaws, just to struggle at things.

>Star Wars fatigue
absolute bullshit
Funny how there was no fatigue in the late 90s or 00s when there was significant Star Wars content across multiple mediums every six months yet sales just kept going up and up. There is no fatigue, the movies are just shit.

She's struggling with getting Kylo to fuck her.

>what is X inactivation

>perfect girl
>white

Attached: nope.gif (280x210, 3.67M)

tough titties

Attached: 6ea59decb11ae78b2b71852a920b1a36.jpg (800x1188, 353K)

>that pic
what was the point of her character?

Attached: to hell with villains.jpg (471x439, 65K)

>Snoke was a meat puppet for Sheev, kind of like Pain from Naruto.
and how far would the conspiracy go? in naruto whent form pain to obito to madara to alien bitch

I think she was supposed to be Leia, but they weren’t allowed to let Leia die.

why is she so fat jesus christ

>what was the point of her character?
To be an assertive feminazi bitch that talks down to men and doesn't allow anyone to question her authority.

Rey perfectly epitomizes the concept of "we want the female audience." It's insulting how transparent this all is. There's a clear push on the part of Disney for gaining a larger audience of women and little girls. We can all see it, and not even the sternest Disney defenders really deny it. It's fact. But moreover, we can all see that this female push has led to a sacrifice of many other qualities. It's kind of like a Pokemon learning a new move and deleting all its previous moves. Star Wars knows 2 moves: how to manipulate the audience with nostalgia, and how to cater to women. Everything else is forgotten.

The prequels weren't actually sterile, the only thing that was "sterile" about them was that the ships and environments often looked super clean and shiny. That's it.

Both of these are SO FUCKING BAD HOLY SHIT. I hope they do it.

Attached: gbxfep09lwoy.jpg (537x667, 128K)

You should talk dawg

Attached: 1560180357722.jpg (801x1200, 367K)

The prequels for their flaws were memorable, while the sequels have no defining characteristics whatsoever. I can't think of a single quote from the sequels other than "kill the past" and "Who talks first? Do I talk first?"

>is angry they are catering to women instead of fat manbabies
>implying the other way was better
what's better is a film that isn't intended to spoonfeed anyone

Fuck this shit, if it were real they may as well rename it to Star Wars: Endgame. Marvel drones would eat it up

not as forgettable as Luke

stop saying this stupid shit. they were only memorable because of how breathtakingly terrible they were.

honestly little girls would be a better target audience for these movies since grown men should be into things that are more sophisticated by their age

no matter how many times you insist that the new films are worse than the prequels, it will never be true.

the new films are mediocre at best. the prequels are abominations.

yup nothing sterile or lifeless about this, bravo lucas

Attached: star wars fan film.webm (1280x544, 1.6M)

>that moment at 5 seconds where the stairs snap onto the ledge like legos
HOLY SHIT

Attached: 1475067225393.png (322x276, 205K)

Lucas had a desire to tell a story which was important to him and had something to say

Disney had a desire to sell merchandise

And ironically Lucas managed to sell a ton of merchandise despite it being a side-goal, whereas Disney's primary motivation has blown up in their faces

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 131K)

>implying anyone noticed while watching the movie

The prequels are flawless masterpieces. This is a fact.

Disney movies are gutter trash.

Attached: LUCAS WORLD.jpg (1280x911, 301K)

they can't blow the print of Episode II up to IMAX size can they? I think it would look great on a wall-sized home theater, but not on a tv screen or the average cinema screen.

the last Creature Shop died off in the 1990's under Stan Winston I think.

What could have been. Instead we have a small as fuck theme park based entirely around the ST with a pinch of OT nostalgia.

I knew Rian Johnson's trilogy would be cancelled as soon as he called disgruntled fanboys "manbabies". He clearly forgot that the entire franchise was a toy commercial. The movies didn't make Lucas rich, it was the toys, the video games, all the other licensed merchandise. Disney understands this, they had Pixar make Cars 2 to sell cheap plastic cars. Cars 2 was financially profitable before the movie even released into theaters thanks to merchandising. Who the fuck did Rian Johnson think would consider buying a god damned $800 Lego Millennium Falcon? An actual child or a 35 y/o wizard who has disposable income because he's living in his mom's basement and has never had a girlfriend. Calling them "manbabies" might make them stop and reconsider funneling their ducats into Disney's bank account.

she manages to be even more forgettable than fucking qui-gonn

the one subversion that would've at least made me mildly interested in seeing episode 9 is seeing rey join kylo

Its not even worthy of being called a park, It’s one land with one ride that will eventually have two rides. It’s toontown in space.

This kind of thinking is unimaginable for the makers of these movies. Rey is a mary sue goddess, she can do no wrong, she's strong and powerful. They can't even consider her getting wounded, let alone beaten. Don't even think about her failing in any shape of form. These movies are made for shallow feminists who want to see a girl power fantasy.

Marvel does that shit consistently and noone bats and eye. Surely this CGI was pointless specially considering that they made a real life set of the exact same location for Episode 3, but at least they didn't make a fucking cheap ass hotel room and a tranquilizer gun in CGI

Attached: the absolute state of MCU.jpg (1242x1232, 94K)

if they'd had that kind of twist in mind from the outset when developing both characters it could have actually worked.

it could never have happened on Disney's "rush to release" assembly line.

no, they're made ineptly by hacks who are playing it safe.

trust me if they'd known how to write a real female character they would have. feminist box-ticking is the fallback position.

This is incredibly insulting to the rest of his work.

1. The technology is better and far less noticable.
2. The films of the MCU are overrated trash. Fun, but still trash.
3. Lucas is an awful director and editor, and the shortcomings become glaring because nothing else keeps your attention.

Go back and watch A New Hope: as it was shot it's just as bad as any of the prequels. The only thing that saves it is the tight editing and excisions that tamped down his bullshit and built upon the actually interesting things.

Attached: jolly craftsman.png (421x382, 162K)

>The technology is better and far less noticable.
Guess three movies that bit the bullet to make that possible 10 years later.
>Fun, but still trash
Not even fun you fucking Mouse defense force. Even the watching the worse parts of the prequels is more fun that watching Marlel, specially the "funny" parts of marvel.

these two ugly jedi were made for each other

Its not safe it's suicide. They made these movies for a niche audience of radical feminsits. They like Rey because she's a stronk independent woman. They don't need fleshed out character, they want a poster girl for the movement

Simply put, these movies aren't creative endeavors anymore. Everything about them reeks of corporate mentality and marketing-oriented focus-group design. These movies don't have an artistic message. That is, anything other than pushing the NPC masses through the consumerist circle and selling them the latest (((Wall Street)))-approved pseudo-ideology in exchange for social acceptance.

Attached: 018734019837414.jpg (747x1070, 168K)

Attached: star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith.png (830x622, 640K)

Attached: star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-566.png (1440x900, 1.06M)

Speaking of which: why is there the illuminati pyramid, the all seeing eye and "novus ordo seclorum" = "new world order" on the 1-Dollar-Bill? And why is the Rothschild Blvd. and Israeli supreme court also littered with Freemason symbology?

Attached: star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-734.png (1440x900, 940K)

>Go back and watch A New Hope: as it was shot it's just as bad as any of the prequels.
Fucking leave Earth, Mousecuck.

>Even the watching the worse parts of the prequels is more fun that watching Marlel
Don't let your own personal biases cloud your judgment.

Haha just a coincidence, friend.

Attached: mpc-hc64_2019-07-25_08-28-14.jpg (640x480, 99K)

The most amazing thing about the sequel trilogy is how much worse it is than the mediocre post-ROTJ expanded universe books. I'm really not sure how they pulled that one off.

I'd rather watch the "you're beautiful" scene on loop than bear Far from Home's shitty "humour" and I mean it

Sacred geometries are powerful, even if you don't think so

Attached: goyimdontworry.jpg (501x585, 119K)

Do you have any idea of what was left on the editing room floor? What was cut from the script during shooting? The trench run was almost completely reworked in the editing booth.

I love the fucking movie, but Lucas' original work was trash it was only because EVERYONE around him told him it was utter shit and he was a nobody (relative to 1999) that they got him to make concessions.

youtu.be/8n_e7ACCq6Q?t=212

Attached: 1543984775782.jpg (500x660, 95K)

The US, being a secular democracy based on enlightenment principals of government as a social contracts is the realization of the supposed goals of the Illuminati conspiracy created from the night terrors of the european nobility, when it was just the equivalent of the crazy conspiracy theories today. The symbolism on the dollar bill really has nothing to do with that, though you could maybe look at it as the artists fucking with the conspiracy believers.
The fact that the conspiracy theory is still alive and well today when the post WW1 order has brought that form of government to the world shows just how much of an unsinkable rubber duck this kind of fringe belief can be.

That's my impression as well. I think everyone was expecting a Marvel style distillation of the good stuff from the EU (Thrawn, X-Wing, Kyle Katarn) without the shit (Mary Sue new characters, new even more powerful super weapons, characters kids as main characters).

Instead we got literally all the stuff from my shit column in the new Trilogy. Rogue One was the closest they came to the kind of stuff I'd hoped for, but they immediately tried to make a worse fanfic-tier movie about character origins nobody asked for.

She is a very high status character from the get-go. Luke had to watch his caretakers get murdered, Han called him a pussy to his face, and Princess Leia calls him a manlet when he rescues her. The worst Rey had was she got less portions than she asked for from the junk trader that she works with in her perfectly independent, autonomous job. Could you imagine if Finn called her a cunt the first time they met.

>Ben raises his uncle who was conceived by the most powerful jedi to ever live who has no father and was born of the force in order to reset the timeline in some alternate timeline shit all because some retarded feminist decided to fire the director and hire a retard.
What the fuck is even going on anymore. Why can't people just see that what they are doing is beyond retarded. Then again I am sharing my opinions with you faggots and you are reading them.

Attached: 1549963514905.gif (400x400, 1.4M)

Young Mark Hamill is so pure

Rey is the only character that is shit in both films.

Luke insinuates she's an annoying shit from some irrelevant planet and then spiritually corrupt repeatedly and the nuns hate her for blowing holes in shit. I don't know what movie you were watching.

They all were back then, even coked out of her ass Carrie

Attached: 1552212595933.jpg (2607x2764, 624K)

someone may have noticed the stairs adjusting themselves back into place right as the camera pans over to them

Like is the only character in these movies to dislike her from the getgo, and he eventually turns around and starts sucking her cock too.

And bigger tits

>perfect

At least someone did her laundry.

Underrated post.

I'm so sick of seeing small titty brunettes in movies. And when they do cast a blonde, she always has a short dyke or pixie cut. It sucks.

Just cast a big titty girls. Early 00s had it right with Love Hewitt and Garner and ScarJo and more.

Attached: 1533375828624.jpg (1107x1387, 220K)

Attached: 1556148984333.jpg (1920x816, 218K)

>being a woman
>not a flaw

How many times can a jew say "conspiracy" in one post?

KINO

>prequels
>fiasco
Pick one you worthless cunt

They openly admitted that it's feminist self insertion. It's not a "theory" it's an absolute 100% confirmed fact.

Look at the games, the books, everything else that was spawned out of the prequels. Then look at what resulted from the sequels.

Notice the difference? The prequels created an interesting world. Something people wanted to write stories in and play in. Several games, several animated series, a whole slew of books. The prequels, while the writing was dodgy and the sequence of plot points were disjointed, had a lively and unique world. It didn't just reference the Jedi and Sith, it established that there were more to them. The sequels are too entrenched with 'being Star Wars' that it adds nothing to it.

Hey the SITH have a LOGO now so you better use it when you refer to them.

Attached: 1546267397708.jpg (1280x896, 322K)

I was talking with some dude at work about Rey and how she has no motivation aside from "Im a good guy"

Luke
>wants to leave his dirt planet and become a pilot like his friends
>finds out his father was a jedi knight, a hero who was murdered by the Empire
>His only family is murdered by the Empire
>finds the recording of a beautiful princess, driving him to leave his shithole life, join the rebellion and vow to become a Jedi like his father before him

Rey
>wants to stay on planet because parents abandoned her there
>joins resistance cause they shot at her and she kinda likes them
>wants to be a Jedi because....idk

I have no idea why shes where she is and not back chilling on Jakku

But JJ and Rian wrote the scripts to their respective films.

The prequels were a great story done poorly.
The sequels are a poor story but done decently.

ALL of these nu war characters are forgettable

>no young and handsome Jedi main character
DROPPED

This post deserves a (yout)

Attached: 1514916653035.jpg (1280x1065, 383K)

The problem is the fundamental philosophical differences between liberals and humans. Liberals literally think stories are power fantasies because they do not have a rich inner universe that acknowledges other people and your own imperfections. Their only interest is self flattery.if they don't feel flattered they get mad. That's why they chimp out if a bad guy character is a woman or black or something. Because they assume every female represents them and if they are depicted as bad it means you are depicting them as bad. That is the level of subhuman intelligence we are dealing with.

I'm a liberal and I hate the new star wars

That sounds so bad so utterly horrible and i bet its real.

Attached: 1560212951574.jpg (750x750, 213K)

l
Only because it was not lgbt enough

God I cannot wait for confirmed leaks.

I want you all to remember this happened

youtube.com/watch?v=MpEv9CZBiYo

Attached: Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-Leia-Flying-Comic.jpg (1400x700, 105K)

Nice post friend

>she's still wearing the dirty arm wrap
LMAO

None of those are flaws retard. Being an orphan, lonely, missing your parents even if they were pieces of shit, and having special abilities aren't flaws. Those are practically stats. A flaw would be her being overconfident, or too aggressive, or prone to the Dark Side. Everything she does works out fine for her.

>Attacks Luke and threatens him at lightsaber point.
Luke decides to rejoin the fight because of her and declares her heir to the Jedi.
>Foolishly mails herself to Kylo and Snoke.
Kylo kills Snoke and throws the FO into chaos.

Before and after pic of heavy cocaine and meth use.

>he doesn't know what flaws mean

flaw =/ bad things happening to her or the plot

Luke had the biggest failure at the end of the second film that was entirely on HIS decision, not the whims of the surrounding plot

in what way were the new ones?

The UK is so dry drug wise that they eat up only 10% pure coke for millions. Imagine the smallest shittiest town in the USA. Yeah, it's got a better drug scene, bigger selection and better purity.

self insert characters still need an arc, motivations, fears, etc. There is the static character archetype where characters change around them, but those characters need to be very polarizing with a lot of characterization in order to make up for lack of dynamic character. You wouldn't make a self insert a static character because of this.

based

It's more like they totally disregarded the character that was established in ep 4-5-6 and made his new inner conflict completely nonsensical.

and that only works when it is a story involving a character not being who they are to go after some superficial goal, fame, money, popularity. "Just be yourself" doesn't really work in a war setting.

I feel like Finn was worse. There's a million things you could've done; make him a pacifist, make him have PTSD, have a major moment where he has to decide between his new friends and his new morals, but instead he just starts blasting away his fellow stormtroopers after being scarred by the sight of them dying in his arms beforehand.
Rey had no potential from the beginning, where Finn certainly did.

Attached: 434px-TWoG_King_Harkinian_Cutscene_Sprite.png (434x300, 63K)

I wish they did this because it would leave absolutely everyone unsatisfied, even SJWs would get bothered by the retconning of "le epic deconstruction of white male heroics" and Reylo

It's he going to blow her dick here?

same

Attached: 1561354441898.webm (1024x512, 424K)

>I feel like Finn was worse. There's a million things you could've done; make him a pacifist, make him have PTSD, have a major moment where he has to decide between his new friends and his new morals, but instead he just starts blasting away his fellow stormtroopers after being scarred by the sight of them dying in his arms beforehand.
This. Rey is the mary sue protagonist and I can accept it. But Finn had so much potential and looking him shot down his comrades while hooting and howling was heartbreaking.

Attached: The Badab War.jpg (540x605, 61K)

Poe is a filler character. The only leads are Rey and Kylo.

Why are women like that

Attached: 1530536840926.jpg (640x739, 54K)

George made a few retarded decisions.
Sidious was never meant to be a wrinkled monster, just old, but he made a call that it would be too confusing for the audiences so he added a new make up. Because people in real life are not aware of aging.

Yeah and Luke is seen as wrong and an asshole for doing so.

Nah shes going to be revealed to be the force incarnate. Then she will go back in time die and make it so everyone has the force bc metaclorions son

This sounds batshit crazy, but if pulled off right on a technical level, it's possibly for the best at this point.

Attached: 1528745705483.jpg (499x519, 44K)

So this is the power of "fuck it I'm gonna do what feels right".

Rey's motivation is to find belonging. The only time she shows any character or flaws is in her relationship with Kylo. I actually believe she wants to go and be with him for her and not just for the Resistance. She only has agency when it comes to him, but they stripped it away from her by having her go back to being the cookie-cutter good guy and not joining him.

Rey wants to save and fuck Kylo for purely personal reasons and she shows naivety and failure when she fails to turn him. She actually is heartbroken over it and she also develops because of him as well.

The only good thing about Rey's character is her relationship with Kylo. And the only thing her character wants is to belong to him. The other stuff is just feminazi power fantasy bullshit that has nothing to do with Rey herself and everything to do with others projecting onto her.

Attached: 1563487005505.gif (500x285, 2.32M)

Two quarter portions.