Watched it yesterday, and it's exactly the soulless garbage I expected...

Watched it yesterday, and it's exactly the soulless garbage I expected, why in the world so many people watch it and why it's getting so much praise it's beyond me.
The story it's pretty much a carbon copy of the cartoon, but all the emotional stuff falls flat, because the live action models barely show any emotion, you know the character is sad/happy because of the context of the scene, and not because you can see it on their faces.
Also CGI Nala is nowhere near fuckable as cartoon Nala

Attached: the-lion-king-character-posters-700x350[1].jpg (700x350, 50K)

Why would you watch it in the first place? I can never understand you people. You watch films which you know will be garbage and then you complain about it like dumb fucking cunts. And if your gf said that she want to see it and you actually accepted you are spineless retard. Learn to say no.

Having to remake old movies for a new audience.
>It looks to me very much like a significant section of the public, mostly man children, having given up on attempting to understand the reality they are actually living in, have instead reasoned that they might at least be able to comprehend the sprawling, meaningless, but at-least-still-finite ‘universe’ presented by the MCU. I would also observe that it is, potentially, culturally catastrophic to have the ephemera of a previous century squatting possessively on the cultural stage and refusing to allow this surely unprecedented era to develop a culture of its own, relevant and sufficient to its times.

Attached: soul.jpg (3193x2096, 460K)

>Watched it yesterday, and it's exactly the soulless garbage I expected
...you did at least pirate it or stream it online without giving the Disney kikes any money, I hope?

Attached: zed301.jpg (453x470, 24K)

>watched it yesterday
>it's exactly the soulless garbage I expected
You are the cunting reason shit like this continues to be produced.
Take your critique and thrust it right up your fucking dirty hairy arsehole and then kindly fucking kill yourself.

I work in a theater, I watched it for free, because several people praised it, would never pay money to see it though

Who hurt you

>Be black actor
>Get role as a monkey
DAS RACIST

>I gave my money to Disney
Consider suicide.

It isn't even about facial expressions. It's the fucking actors themselves, even Jones sucked ass. I blame the director desu.

Is Disney trying to transition from the cartoonish 3D characers to the realistic cgi animal characters?

Nah it's definitely the facial expressions, you can't simulate cartoon emotions on real life animals

Attached: giphy[1].gif (500x281, 803K)

Aslan looks better.

Why couldn't they best a 10+ year old CGI Lion?

Attached: 1510545057507.jpg (1920x816, 237K)

This.
If you hate what Di*ney is doing to the movie industry stop cringe-watching their shit, and discussing it on social media.
If you find that hard to do, you are part of the problem that feeds into their machine.

>watches lion king
>why did people watch lion king

you are special kind of stupid op

Attached: 8b6.jpg (680x554, 31K)

This

Attached: Screenshot_20190724-101822.png (1280x720, 707K)

All the emotion also falls flat because they change the script on some of the most pivotal scenes to be autistic and millennial

>why in the world so many people watch it and why it's getting so much praise it's beyond me.

see: Black Panther

or literally any other black-dominated media released these days

Ironically, your ironic statement is unironically true, as it is, ironically, OP's statement.
If you support disney in any way you should be euthanized without consideration.

I noticed this too and I think my brain cringed, probably those personal space "jokes" with the hyenas (who didn't have any chemistry at all and they turned Whoopi's hyena into a no fun allowed character).

>Rafiki doesn't even do anything funny like that squash banana song
>none of the songs have interesting visuals in any way
>voice acting is garbage (probably Jon Favreau's fault)
Is this the worst live action remake ever done? Even the Beauty and the Beast one had some fun to it, this was just a bore to sit through.

Attached: image.jpg (500x329, 28K)

Most people are souless consumers. Thats what western culture is now.

This is just Disney's lazyness and attempt of profit over their lack of new ideas.

They abandoned the traditional 2D animation for the 3D because it's less work for the animators.
Now instead of coming out with new 3D characters they just remake classic 2D into these souless realistic 3D ones.

They totally lost the touch at this point.