Why did no one bother to send Shinji to a psychiatrist?

Why did no one bother to send Shinji to a psychiatrist?

Attached: Shinji.jpg (844x551, 61K)

it was a different time

He was outwardly pretty normal, just quiet

Who? Misato, Ritsuko, Gendo all had deep seeded psychological problems themselves

Shneedji Chuckari

They want to destroy his ego-barrier

because they needed him crazy

undiagnosed but functional people have a hard time getting diagnosed

They needed him to snap so they could cause third impact.

Are zoomers seriously watching this for the first time? Is Naruto classic anime for them?

Attached: 62FC7F1F-F113-4407-B8E2-241395525907.jpg (640x480, 75K)

cus it was convenient for the the higher ups he was unstable and so easier to manipulate towards their ends

>Why did no one bother to send Shinji to a psychiatrist?
Because it was a chinese cartoon meant for weebawoos written by an autistic troll (who was bad at accounting).

Japan has not yet fully accepted certain subversive cultural exports, like psychoanalysis.

Because thats how the Eva units work, through angst, which is why they got teens to pilot them in the first place

Why do people act like they know shit about Evangelion yet they never say why they can't just accept the depression explanation of the plot? They have to constantly go around saying it's the lore with all the secrets organizations, symbolism, etc. Basically it has to be super deep when it's not. Newsflash faggots, it's that fucking simple.
Have sex.

Troll.
He was having a mental breakdown in one episode.

because it's cool and trendy to talk shit about stuff who have """""deep""""" reputations even when it's actually not that complicate.
they just can't handle silent and slow moments or experimental sequences, which made them huge plebs concerning cinema.

the insecurities of characters on this show are basically related at their condition of Eva pilots.
>Shinji know people like him only for being an Eva pilot and nothing else but he doesn't want to be a pilot.
>Asuka believe she's an excellent pilot, make it part of her identity, want praise for it but realize she sucks and nobody like her.
>Rei doesn't want to be a pilot but has nothing else in her life, she suffers from being "false" and know she can be replaced if she dies, so she doesn't cares about anything.
>Misato has daddy issues and traumas from second impact.
>Gendo is mentally ill and psychopath, with a god complexe.

Attached: Have Sex.png (855x655, 234K)

Because Shinji isn't mentally ill. He's just an angsty fourteen year-old boy.

alternate universe where psychiatrists didnt exist

Stop making threads about this crap every single day you subhuman weeb, main character is pathetic sack of shit because Anno was like that, but like a hack weeb he is, his imaginary self is surrounded by waifus.

Have sex weeb

why do fanboys say shinji haters hate him because shinji reminds haters of themselves?

Imagine not getting this entry level abrahamic philosophy, oh wait that's everyone in this entire thread apparently.

That's just projection. A lot of people just don't get his issues nor relate and only see him as a wimpy guy which is just wrong and they should fuck off.

true patricians know this is gnostic and platonic but the same plebeians will repeat it has nothing to do with religion or mysticism, not being even aware about somebody in the creative team who put some symbolism with meaning inside, they just quote the uninteresing opinion of Anno who was probably refering to random cross anyway.

even if you not relate with him, how is it hard to not get that anime is about the fear and horror of a teens forced to pilote disgusting giant cyborgs fighting ayy entities?

maybe on other animes where weird things are normal the characters are fearless but here it's supposed to be realistic.

It seems to be a projection of the fans rather than the haters.

>even if you not relate with him, how is it hard to not get that anime is about the fear and horror of a teens forced to pilote disgusting giant cyborgs fighting ayy entities?
You don't get him either.

Some people are too far gone.

Attached: a46238d0e33bcabc4dd07d12ac932aaa89dfaea939b658f61b0d0684596b226e.jpg (814x691, 155K)

Yes that's what I meant.

t. fascist

Fuck off politicscuck

if they sent him to a psychiatrist the angels would reach adam even though what the angels thought was adam was lilith... they'd find him somehow

***though lilith was adam

giving him a weird oedipus complex and breaking him down mentally was part of the nerv's plan. there's a positive correlation between mental instability and 'awakening' the eva's true nature.

STOP TELLING ME TO HAVE SEX

psychiatry is a angloid trick

>tfw watching NGE with family

Attached: shinji2.jpg (600x350, 26K)

Stop watching anime and have sex faggots

>japs
>going to a psychiatrist ever
user, pls.

>wow you're just like shinji honey.

Come to think of it, I have never seen a movie or show from Japan with a psychiatrist character. They barely talk about mental health as a disease.

Great movie btw

Attached: cure-1997-dvdplanetstorepk.jpg (1516x2140, 600K)

You neer mommy issues to pilot the giant mommy eva corpse

>They barely talk about mental health as a disease
>mental health is a disease

Attached: 76a.jpg (552x615, 30K)

Probably the while end of the world thing.

Jews were wiped out in SI

I like how they're never specific about any medical ailment in all their media. It's always vague like "my mother is sick".

Because it's fake deep

based

Japanese people don’t suffer from mental illness. Actually nobody does other than anglos and jews.

Sorry worded it wrong. Mental health and its diseases.

Legitimately would have been a better explanation than "because"

Yeah they do, I watched a documentary about depression in Japan and how they believe that any sign of mental illness is "oh no get the straight jacket ^_^;" or whatever.

>tfw I wasn't an edgy 14 years old because things were going great, I could keep myself occupied with stuff I liked and I did my best not to be an edgy kid because I thought that was something that was expected by people
>tfw college turned me into an edgy 21 years old
Oh well... I still relate more to Gendo than to Shinji

>mental disease
>not mental illness

Attached: Brainlet_f3217f_6615771.png (1200x1335, 269K)

>they just can't handle silent and slow moments
You mean
>they're not into still images for literally 3 full minutes due to budget constraints

It's literally Kabbalah

Psychiatrists dont do shit.
Admittedly they should have doped him up on antidepressants

Kabbalah and Gnosticism take both their sources on Neoplatonism.
Instrumentality make Shinji to become the Demiurge.

>post apocalyptic world
theres more important things than mental health in tokyo -3

if you bother to learn the ching chong ping pong names of any characters from infantile anime garbage about which demon ninja can fart the biggest fireball or the lovelife of schoolgirls, you need a psychiatrist

>disease and illness are two separate things

Attached: 1527704132945.jpg (1242x774, 406K)

>Why do people act like they know shit about Evangelion yet they never say why they can't just accept the depression explanation of the plot?
Because people want to pretend that the show is """""deep""""", like what said. It really just boils down to Anno's clinical depression from his gambling debts affecting the ladder half of the series, and it shows. The Rebuilds are supposed to be the "apology" from that phase.

So Shinji is the cause of evil in the world?

It's like when they politically corrected venereal disease to sexually transmitted disease, then politically corrected that to sexually transmitted infection, then politically corrected that to "if you wouldn't have sex with a tranny you're a bigot"

>still images for literally 3 full minutes due to budget constraints
Am I the only one that finds those scenes genuinely KINO?

Attached: download (1).jpg (275x183, 7K)

no there's some Canadians who are also delusional

If a little background thing was moving, or some breathing or whatever it'd be kino, but now it comes across as cheap and the budget limitations are obvious

Why didn't he just get over it?

this
just loop a few frames nigga

Japan is a gun free zone so they didnt have to worry

Maybe I'm confusing the manga with the anime but Shinji was almost completely non responsive as a child and never got professional help

nope

Attached: roadhousesweep_orig[1].jpg (1100x617, 136K)

How do I get a Hikari gf?

Its obviously there to show the tension between the two characters, god you guys are brain dead if you cant understand the basic philosophical mind games at play here, the use of the slow whining sounds of the elevator you can feel there is nothing between them and its over bearing, its really quite intelligent.

Demiurge: :(

In the elevator scene Asuka blinks and sniffles, and I must say, it's kino.

because psichiatry is pseudo science human experimentation

Literally needed him to be a broken mess.

Yeah man, everybody knows the thetans parasiting our bodies are the true source of our problems.

>Are zoomers seriously watching this for the first time? Is Naruto classic anime for them?

Attached: 674D6F94-CC46-40A1-810D-116B77CEB9F1.png (454x520, 13K)

You think they would have made that artistic choice without constraints?

You said that your father is very cold and distant with you, Shinji? Tell me more about that.

Attached: Jennifer-Melfi.jpg (667x1024, 232K)

Jews have the ability to send little mini Jews into people's brains and bloodstreams in order to give them diseases. Prove me wrong.

literally zero artistic choices are made without constraints. creative expression is born out of limitation.

Why not both?

Those don't work and just keep you stuck.

>Watch Eva with my Dad
>After it finishes, I make an innocent comment about how Asuka is the best girl
>Dad just smirks, shakes his head and says 'No wonder you don't have a girlfriend son'

I don't understand.

Mass stabbings do even more harm in asia than mass shootings here.

It's because you didn't listen to the keyboard and realize Yui is best girl and by extension, Unit 01 is best Eva. tfw no yui gf
GOD
DAMN
IT

He was trying to tell you that waifuing any of the Eva girls means you are a brainlet and clearly didn't understand the messege at all

I was almost exactly like him and I was only diagnozed with (low functioning) autism at age 17. Everyone just ignored me even though I had been send to multiple psychiatrists throughout my youth.

If you display just 1 thing that isn't common. (In my case I am really good at speaking with people) then they just waive away all the other stuff.

I don't even have Aspergers. I have straight up PDD-NOS which is a lower functioning version of autism. But at 17 I was already a university student and had a job and girlfriend so I wasn't given any NEETbucks as well.

I only started noticing how different I was from other people now that I'm in my mid-twenties. Most people seem to be depressed or feel like they are missing human contact while that is not something I'm really bothered by.

I'll explain
your boomer dad thinks you're a faggot for calling an animated cartoon girl "best girl" and wishes you two were out fishing/hunting together or some shit instead

Attached: neongenesis_penpen.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

you got GENDO'D

>Gendo is mentally ill and psychopath, with a god complexe.
based retard

>mfw (op image) everybody itt missed the plot detail.
A huge part of the Eva is powered by the emotion of it's pilot, i.e. why they're 14

Asuka sucks

how'd they get Asuka's mum's soul into eva 02?

This scene made me feel really uneasy for some reason. Maybe that was the intent...

Attached: qJ2FvIb.jpg (2560x1440, 138K)

Sure but considering how they were kids who needed to have good mental health to pilot their giant mechas im sure a psychiatrist would surely help them keep their synch levels the same or increase them

me on the left: you're a big guy

4.0 You

She's mentally unstable and being in a relationship with her would be miserable

What was the point of this fucking penguin? Somebody just thought it would be fun to have a weird penguin in the background?

Because fuck Shinji that's why

Because Gendo and the rest of NERVE are Scientologists

family pet, makes the slice of life scenes more comfy so the terrible events feel more terrible

>people want to pretend that the show is """deep"""
>boils down to Anno's clinical depression from his gambling debts

Looks like we got a top tier critic here. If Anno's depression and debts affected the show then how come the ending is often interpreted as optimistic? The same ending a ton of people say is miserable. I don't know buddy but a show that has Freudian concepts and a whole fan base who are still doing character analysis sounds a bit deep to me. The wider audience didn't even understand the themes of reality and how detrimental escapism is. This led to the rebuilds giving the audience what they wanted which was an anime that stroked otaku dick by fulfilling their fantasies. You got a bloated head my friend, go sniff more of your own cum.

The Anime fanbase has basically no exposure or experience to arthouse classics, literature or the best playwrights, so they don't actually recognize what depth means in terms of narrative fiction.

Why even bother writing that reply? This isn't a place for discussion. The guy you replied to was clearly just trying to pull of the usual semi-ironic persona where true intelligence is found in dismissing everything that isn't entirely black and white, that way you can act like you're above it all and be based without actually forming a thought on your own. In this world it's clear, anime is for weebs, weebs are tranny losers, tranny losers are degenerate, and that's not based, so that's not me. That's he got what out of it, that's what he wanted to get out of it, and you just wasted your time questioning someone's masturbation, as did I.

cuz it's an anime XD

Thanks for the new copypasta, bro. People still haven't figured out the other one though, which surprises me.

It could be argued that their compromised mental states were what allowed them to pilot the EVAs.
Normies couldn't do it.

said this a few threads ago but i'm convinced Pen^2 is linked to the second impact in Antarctica

he was going to pilot an eva too

Im pretty sure it wasnt considering that Asuka's mental health deteriorated enough to not being able to pilot 02

It's true, he is not sane at all, he's obsessed about a "dead" woman and don't care at all about his two childrens.

There's Molière types of creativity from limitation and then there's "let's put a still frame up for 3 full minutes" laziness from limitation

gendo is self-hating and aware that he's a psycho, so he intentionally distanced himself from shinji because he thought it would be for the best

>Finally have a son to carry my legacy
>Can't wait to teach him to fish, hunt, do handiwork, play football, drive, and fix cars
>He spends most of his young childhood playing computer games
>That's ok we have plenty of time
>He's in middle school and watches those Japanese cartoons a lot
>That's ok we have all of high school
>He's now a senior and doesn't have plans for after graduation
>I've waited too long
>Maybe we can still connect
>"user, why don't you show me your favorite anime. It can be a thing we do together."
>It's some angsty giant robot shit with shallow unlikeable characters
>Why does he like this?
>I watch all 26 grueling episodes, including 2 that make no sense at all
>What was supposed to happen? Did they fail?
>Son opens his mouth
>Maybe he wants to discuss the realities of depression or how he relates with this guy
>This is my chance to make a difference in his life
>"Asuka is best girl"
>mfw

Attached: 20100601-sad-father-600x411.jpg (600x411, 55K)

>can't wait to do things with him
>don't do them for some reason
bad dad

I'm sure he was, but that still doesn't justify his inclusion.

That was my point. Boomers were awful parents who expected their kids to be successful despite putting in no effort. It's no wonder millennials turned out to be a bunch of soi dependent snowflakes with extraordinarily shallow taste.

This, best psychiatrists are jewish.