THE STANLEY KUBRICK BORED-O-METER

THE STANLEY KUBRICK BORED-O-METER
The length of time before I get bored and and turn off the movie.

Paths of Glory: 00:06:27 - Too much dam talking. War movies are supposed to be exciting, but all I see are a bunch of guys of guys in a trench.

Spartacus: The Whole Thing - This is my kind of movie. Action and adventure. Too bad his other movies all suck.

Dr. Strangelove: 00:04:12 - Another war movie with boring talking?! Didn't Kubrick learn his lesson from Paths of Glory?! For fucks sake. Plus why the hell is this shit black and white? This came out in the 60's they had color.

2001: A space Odyssey: 00:02:23 - What the hell is up with all these boring scenic panoramas? I thought this was supposed to be in space. If Kubrick isn't going to bother making a watchable movie I'm not going to bother watching it.

A Clockwork Orange: 00:15:32 - The beginning was great and was very promising. I really liked the violence and profanity. Then Alex gets all emo and that terrible accent drove me nuts.

Barry Lyndon: Didn't even bother watching - All I did was read the back of the DVD box and I could tell this would be a piece of shit. Costume dramas are automatically boring and with Kubrick as director it would be double boring. I don't fucking care it was entirely filmed with natural light, do I look like film school student?! Most people don't give two halfs a flying fuck.

The Shining: 00:01:57 - A car driving on a lonely forest road. I fucking get it.

Full Metal Jacket: 00:45:45 - The boot Camp scenes were great cinema. The second they went to Vietnam it sucked.

Eyes Wide Shut: I'm not touching this movie with a ten foot pole. - Stanley Kubrick died two weeks after this movie was finished. He probably watched this and died of boredom. Plus Tom Cruise is in this, blegh.

Attached: stanley_kubrick.jpg (500x435, 100K)

Seek help

4/10 you put effort into it unlike most bait nowadays

You gotta give every movie 10 minutes at least. How the fuck do turn off the Shining after 2 minutes? It's worth it just to see the shots of the hotel.

i feel ya op. sometimes i jump too quickly to make a bait post i think will take off like wildfire and it just dies at the execution. next time, maybe.

Absolutely based

Based retard

Megabased

Based. Fuck cinema.

It's funny to see how the human attention span dwindles with every decade. The internet with its fast access to excessive amounts to empty information really took its toll on the people. Myself included. Even though I value Kubrick a lot for his exposure of MK Ultra, the moon landing shiy and elite degeneracy/power abuse, the scenes drag out absurdly.

Tremendous work, outstanding post

Attached: 1543942860908.jpg (157x117, 3K)

If attention spans have dwindled, why has the average movie runtime increased?

Attached: Length-of-Hollywood-movies.png (700x384, 19K)

Attached: 1_elK4KHLJRXL5kMymjbGnHQ.png (1000x500, 41K)

>first data point in 1994

Have it go back to Lawrence of Arabia, that shit had a inter mission

BASED

Why did he look like such a creep? Couldn't he properly trim his beard or take a few naps?

>increased from 108 to 111
WOAH DUDE MOVIES ARE GETTING LONGER OUR IQS ARE INCREASING

>2001: A space Odyssey: 00:02:23
There are multiple minutes of black nothingness and you complain about the actual space panoramas?

okay, now lets get a chart that has "minutes before viewer checked his/her phone after start of movie"

more time to squeeze CGI and splosions into.

best post ive seen in months

Kek

Because retarded zoomers think they're cheating the system by only paying for long movies at the cinema

Congratulations, you made the ultimate pasta for all tha/tv/vermin who roams around here.
Now go back choking with nigger dicks.

if no ones gonna say it i might as well
BASED

You seriously need to end your life.

I actually have been going through his movies recently. The Shining I thought was completely “okay”, I didn’t really get much out of it, but I did turn 2001 off after about an hour. There’s way too little happening. I can handle slow movies but by god can something fucking happen that isn’t just a 10 minute sequence of plastic models of spaceships floating around. Please tell me the rest of his movies have better pacing

This is the worst thread I've since I'm a week, congratulations faggot.

Old movies just really aren't that good. I'm surprised people see themselves as connoisseurs for liking that shit. Go read a book.
Movies aren't a real hobby.

please post this on r/truefilm, the reactions will be much better as redditors' proclivity for outrage outweighs their ability to discern satire

You should do the same for Tarkowsky's movies.