What is the best Star Trek movie and why is it Star Trek (2009)?

What is the best Star Trek movie and why is it Star Trek (2009)?

Attached: star trek 2009.jpg (301x445, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pXGMnZgPYFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zWZbpgghp8A&t=10s
youtu.be/mhoa7oWPPhk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based and redpilled

First contact

This

ST IV > ST II > everything else

wrap of kahn

1. The Undiscovered Country
2. The Search for Spock
3. The Voyage Home
4. The Wrath of Khan
5. Insurrection
6. Beyond
7. 2009
8. The Final Frontier
9. Nemesis
10. First Contact
11. Into Darkness
12. Generations
13. The Motion Picture

DS9 > TNG > TOS = VOY > ENT = DSC > TAS

I like the one with the Wales.

And here's the worst

Attached: Star_Trek_Beyond_poster.jpg (220x329, 124K)

you mean just the reboot ones? I liked into darkness more

Attached: alice.jpg (1600x855, 137K)

Never saw it but is it truly worse than Into Darkness?

What title can you come up with for the 4th reboot film? So far we have
Star Trek
Star Trek Into Darkness
Star Trek Beyond
I'm having a hard time thinking of another play on words title they can do.

nah Beyond is pretty fun. It's like an extended episode of TOS but with more action.

star trek 4: electric boogaloo

Far, far worse. The drop-off in overall quality is staggering.

Star Trek 4 is a TNG film made by Tarantino based on the episode Yesterday's Enterprise

>The Motion Picture last

Absolutely kys.

Attached: 1563495196699.jpg (293x212, 19K)

Best part of the film

Attached: green chick.jpg (450x262, 17K)

wait, so I'm the only one who liked into darkness better than the first one

The Motion Picture is actually the best one.

>that feel when you remember that she got assigned to one of the ships that was destroyed

Attached: at first i was - but then 2.jpg (707x1234, 617K)

I thought it was absolute crap. Recycled radiation scene, Spock fist fight, and Fag Klingons?

Into Darkness is the absolute worst Star Trek movie of all because of what a pathetic, shitty remake/ripoff of Wrath of Khan. As crap as Star Trek V and the Next Generation movies were, they were at least something of a new story. Even Nemesis, which rips off Wrath of Khan, had at least a few somewhat new ideas.

best poster though

even in the one sci-fi movie where she isn't a blue or green alien zoe gets a roommate who is one

Star Trek V is the best
>what does god need with a starship?
kino

This, Into Darkness is utter shit

Post your shipfu

Attached: 1562213546362.jpg (1797x1602, 178K)

That's not Stars 5

Attached: 1499626947436.png (532x746, 704K)

I honestly think that Beyond is the best Star Trek movie since 6, its got its fair share of problems but it feels like a whole movie that knows what it wants to say and doesn't beat around the bush with it. Best I can say is its a competent action movie that perfectly utilizes its large cast, everyone gets a moment to shine and we get some sweet sweet bones spock kino

since we're on the topic of Star Trek, is anyone else actually looking forward to Picard? I think it looks pretty neat.

Attached: star trek picard.jpg (1200x1500, 419K)

She's alive in the spin off comics, if its any consolation.

Fuck I remember this. Wasn't this a fever dream of some user?

Attached: kino.jpg (540x568, 66K)

It was dream kino. That whole thread was great

Attached: stars5.png (778x1181, 1.88M)

Attached: 1442042086283.gif (300x252, 2.79M)

I wouldn't call it the best but Michael Giacchino's score is fucking great
youtube.com/watch?v=pXGMnZgPYFQ

>niggerbull

Attached: nigbull.webm (640x360, 1.4M)

IV: The Voyage Home

yes.

beyond > 2009 > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lD

truly underrated

I understand if people like 2009 beter than ID, but beyond is clearly the worst for me

It wasn't a dream, it was a real movie. Sadly it never got a home video release

I'm going to tell you suckas one last time

1.Wrath of Khan
2. Undiscovered Country
3. Voyage Home
4. Search for Spock
5. Motion picture
6. Beyond
7. Final Frontier
8. First Contact
9. Star Trek
10. Insurrection
11. Generations
12. Nemesis
13. Into Darkness

TNG>TOS>DS9>VOY=ENT>TAS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>STD

though I don't know why we count TOS and TAS separately since TAS is the last two years of the five year mission

Why are my dreams always abstract and/or creepy? Why can't I have a cool story like this play out?

It looks like generic STD cinematography and set design with a couple of TNG era characters thrown in.
I guess I'm interested in Data? I would say I'm interested in what Picard is doing but he just seems so old and tired.

We count them seperately because they are 2 different shows

Attached: doggos.webm (222x400, 1.91M)

very accurate list. good job

Attached: pitbull vs Tiger.webm (360x360, 2.75M)

what shit human would do this

yeah i know. who the fuck would let that poor tiger fight that fucking pitnigger

Asians.

Chinks

Not television and film.

i live like two blocks over from the hood in a hipster neighborhood. i poison pitbulls all of the time to protect the neighborhood children. i wish i had a tiger to feed them to

a pitbull owner

tell that to your catalog

But Star Trek Beyond is the best one.

You are seriously doing the Lord's work.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWZbpgghp8A&t=10s

Better than Beyond

alright gimme the run down on this, brainiac.

4 and Motion Picture are tied for best

Attached: FaceApp_1563944643236.jpg (728x947, 329K)

5 will always be the worst. Row row

Attached: FaceApp_1563944920298.jpg (1200x1606, 695K)

absolutely based

I'm a pretty big star trek nerd and the search for spock is a shit movie.

so how are we gonna officially abbreviate this thing?

>STP
>STPI
>STPIC
>PIC

Wrath is the best Trek, and maybe the best submarine movie ever made. High stakes, great action, lofty themes that don't weigh the picture down, fantastic soundtrack, it's a treat. Life, death, revenge, maturity, rejuvenation, there's so much to ponder and explore.

ShiT

Beyond fucking sucks and your credibility is flushed down the drain

PIC

It makes the most sense, STD already uses the full acronym and this is a spin off so switch it up. Though I may consider JCP for jean luc picard, depending on how the story goes

Good movie. I watched it with this butterface trekkie from my dorm and smashed afterwards. good times.

>pit bull continue to attack after being shot and in the process of dying

Attached: puzzled_cat.jpg (600x450, 35K)

Into Darkness has a dank first fifteen minutes. I'd argue the rest of the movie is underrated, but still a let down. Benedict was miscast.

First Trek is the best modern one, although it still has some problems.

Not even close.
It's the cheesiest out of the current run but it's the most fun. I don't care what the haters say, blasting the Beastie Boys out of their ship's comm system to destroy a swarm of enemy ships is FUN.

I knew I needed to switch First Contact and the Final Frontier but honestly its about time we stopped pretending. that the TNG movies were good. I love TNG more than anything but they dropped the ball on the movies, All good things should've been the first movie and the last season of TNG needed to be a crossover with TOS wholesale and brought everyone back. But it is what it is. I'll switch 7 and 8 but that's as far as I'll go.

Star Trek Beyond works as an exciting action movie that utilizes it large cast perfectly. There are let downs about it yes, the villain is the complete waste of Idris Elba but that's just following in the tradition of every trek since generations to waste a good actor on a thin villain.

Yep. i grew up with tng and it has time travel, space zombies, all the crew gets to do stuff and if you have no idea about star trek, picard explains everything to alfre woodard making it the best gateway trek movie

It's the undiscovered country, and because you're a zoomer nigger.

Beyond was better.

I like the Doctor but I don't really care about anyone else on Voyager.

What are some dockino episodes?

I think FC is a fine action-adventure movie, has good pacing and includes a cathartic finale. It was also the first time seeing Picard go violently bonkers, but since it was because of the Borg, I think those reasons were justified from a storytelling perspective - problem is they kept him that way in most of the other movies, but I digress.
I guess my main issue with Beyond is that it plays everything so fucking safe and it comes across as a weakshit apology after the prior JJ-handled ones. I'm also sick as shit of seeing the Enterprise being constantly annihilated in them.

There's the one where they go on the holodeck and RP Beowulf.
Also the one where he has to fight for his rights, the one where he gets sent to the alpha quadrant and has to deal with andy dick.
And why don't you like Chakotay or Neelix?

Attached: scotty.jpg (343x147, 6K)

neelix is okay but I don't care enough to watch episodes about him

except for that one where he nearly dies and it tests his faith. that was a good episode.

I need to rewatch first contact, because my problems with it are primarily from a canon perspective on how it treated picards development with the borg and the bors themselves. Though I will admit the opening space battle does look great and a lot of the effects are stellar in it.

My love of Beyond it mostly from a "what did I expect" aspect and how it uses the cast as people rather than just hyper characters in a space adventure movie. The problem is the studio, they just thought "what happened in the last star trek 3" and told the writers they had to crash the ship. Its the reason Khan was in Into Darkness.

Which movies feature Geordi?

I unironically liked The Motion Picture a lot. It's probably in my top 5 ST movies.

Sure it was borrowing a lot from 2001 in terms of shots but I didn't mind

This and Into darkness is kino for people that never saw the series

pfff you seem cool now I guess

I guess I delet my earlier derogatory post as a symbolic gesture of me acting like a knee-jerking fag

>can't delete a post that old

nvfm

downloading now

Attached: Capture1.png (554x456, 57K)

Opening scene was beautiful. Everything else. meh. Beastie Boys was a really gay choice.

First Contact was the first movie I ever pirated. Brings back good memories.

Attached: happ.png (657x527, 27K)

>Search for Spock at #2

lol no

Shit film, shit acting, shit visual FX. Its the worst of the TOS crew movies and ties Nemesis and Beyond for the worst of the entire franchise.

amazing score
youtu.be/mhoa7oWPPhk

also just wanted to make clear that I later bought the movie on blu-ray so its alright

Attached: digging it pepe.jpg (250x202, 8K)

2009 >=Beyond >>>>>Into Darkness

One thing is sure though, Kelvinverse is more trek than whatever we're seeing from CBS right now.

What are you talking about, don't you love MR. SPOCK and THE BORG and MAKE IT SO and STORMTROOPERS WITH BLASTERS SHOOTING AT A GIRL WITH MYSTERIOUS KUNG FU SUPERPOWERS?
These are all totally STAR TREKĀ® things user and if you don't want to buy all the resulting merchandise then I'm afraid there's no help for you

Best poster, meh movie. I don't know what I like so much about the Enterprise blowing up all the time.

Attached: star-trek-into-darkness-i14394.jpg (473x709, 78K)

What program is that?

I would put them as nearly equals.

> Into Darkness is the absolute worst Star Trek movie of all because of what a pathetic, shitty remake/ripoff of Wrath of Khan
But there is no Khan elements in the plot until well after the half way point.
And the stories are completely different.

Motion Picture
> Decent

Khan
> Great nearly strongly Great

Search for Spock
> Good

Whales
> Decent to Good

Final Frontier
> Ok/Meh

Undiscovered Country
> Strongly Great

Generations
> Ok/Meh to Decent

First Contact
> Good
The campy earth bound stuff doesn't appeal to me or it would probably be a little higher.

Insurrection
> Weak

Nemesis
> Good

> Very Good to Near Great

Into Darkness

Beyond
> Good
Only reason it's not equal with 09 & Into Darkness is because of wasting Elba & the Beastie Boys bullshit.

Attached: fc3310752d50b6b26758bdee365af855--star-trek-vi-star-trek-movies.jpg (474x239, 23K)

>Into Darkness
CRYYYY HAVOOOOOC

Attached: cry havoc.gif (307x154, 919K)

I really dont understand the ID hate. It's fine. It just builds up stuff that never happens because JJ is a piece of shit.

It's an uninspired jumble of references to 45 years of original and more organized Trek material - every other line or plot element felt deliberately ripped from a past movie or episode.
And plenty of the usual JJisms - "I googled Star Trek and got slashfic so Kirk and Spock are extra gay now but here's a lady in underwear so we don't lose the heterochad audience", "here's the dramatic namedrop with no actual buildup in the story because you should all know who KHAAAAAN is right?", and traveling through space being the equivalent of going for a walk to your neighbor's house.

I'm seriously fucking disgusted that JJ keeps getting science fiction scripts, because he directs space with all the grand scale and majesty of a cardboard box - and the same goes for his characterization. The moment he can get two people in a wide angle shot making dramatic faces or shooting lasers at each other he jumps for it, because apparently characters stopping to think and having establishing shots makes for a bad blockbuster.

Romulus deserved better than becoming the test run for SUPER DEATHSTAR 3.0

Attached: Vreenak.png (551x424, 207K)

1. Wrath of Khan - Legitimately great movie. Stellar action, themes, soundtrack - it comes alive like no other Trek.
2. Trek 09 - Despite playing loose, a vital shot of adrenaline and fun, with emotional highs.
3. First Contact - Great mix of action, humor, Trek history and villainy, although feels like a TV director's first.
4. Undiscovered Country - Jet-setting political thriller that fits Trek wonderfully, and a great original series finale. Some leaps of logic and hokiness, however.
5. Voyage Home - Light and fun, with a fish-out-of-water comedy core making it easy to enjoy. Gets wrapped up in completing a trilogy and heavy-handed enviromentalism, however.
6. Beyond - The most Trek-ish of the new films, the characters are allowed to breathe and be themselves. Feels somewhat small scale compared to the others, though.
7. Generations - A fine-looking film with deeper meaning than others, but gets caught up on leaps of logic and plot holes, and you can tell the TV people took over.
8. Motion Picture - The most mature film, but notoriously tedious and tepid. Director's cut rates a little higher.
9. Into Darkness - Fantastic opening, but ends up muddled with inept callbacks and doing everything wrong that '09 did right.
10. Search For Spock - Big step down from Khan, with amateur touches and bad pacing. Some good sequences and a soundtrack continuation help to boost it up.
11. Final Frontier - A cozy TOS throwback hampered by hokey effects and far-fetched plotting.
12. Insurrection - Inconsequential and stilted.
13. Nemesis - It thinks it's Wrath of Khan, but never gets there. So self-serious, but lacking in history or lore to tie it together. Hurt by a non-fan director.

Undiscovered Country

BEST ONE! STRONG ACTING, INTERESTING STORY!!!!! AND SHIP TO SHIP ACTION WITH HIGH STAKES!

and the reboots are utter shit

what? IDM.

The best Star Trek movie is Wrath of Khan+Search for Spock+Voyage Home+Undiscovered Country as one long continuous movie. This is undisputable

It will be horribel. Worse the STD, its some kind of BDSM time line with ninja Vulcan manlets and totally ripped off Fier fly story line with a Marry Sue.
There is no hope for any Star trek movie or series as they will only be made for the normy shit nigger pretend geek crowd.

Abandon all hope, trek is dead and cherish all the old movies as it will never get any better.

Amazon fuckt the witcher up made STD possible und you dont want to imagine what horrors they will unleash on Sir Patrick Steward running his name thru the dirt.

AND LET SLIP THE TARGS OF WAR!

HA HA HA

I wish I could love work as much as Chang clearly did.

1. Wrath of Khan
2. Undiscovered Country
3. Voyage Home
4. Motion Picture
5. First Contact
6. 2009
7. Final Frontier (yeah, I think it's underrated)
8. Beyond
9. Search for Spock
10. Insurrection
11. Generations
12. Into Darkness
13. Nemesis

Umm it's actually kino, sweetie

faggot

have sex :)

DIElate

I'd rather die early, thanks

Yall are fucking deranged for thinking there is anything worse in Nemesis/Into darkness then in Insurrection.
They made Worf's puberty & pimples a actual plot point for fuck's sake.

its eye rollingly predictable and self felating

beyond is shit, no wonder those who like it use the word 'kino' in their posts

Bump

>But there is no Khan elements in the plot until well after the half way point.

and that's part of the reason it's shit, they just do the whole my name is kahn reveal *DUN DUN DUNNNN villain music* like you're supposed to know/care what that means, but for anyone who isn't familiar with the franchise before now is sitting there like "oh he's got a different name now...and?" it was retarded.