Is Star Wars saved?

Is Star Wars saved?

Attached: 1555206409760.jpg (960x1440, 79K)

star wars is dead
bury it

As long as Dishitney holds their greedy hands on it, no.

It'll probably be better than TLJ, but I wouldn't count on it being up to the standard of the old movies.

Fuck it.

This movie will be damage control kino

It has to retcon everything in TLJ that JJ didn't like. I don't have much hope for it.

not saved, buried. This is throwing dirt while a casket that's already 6 feet under.

>Star Wars
I did the script in one draft. Mark said, "I don't think Luke would do this," and I told him it doesn't matter what he thinks. It would be really boring if everyone liked a film, I want to make a film that half the people hate.
>Star Trek
We've been planning this for about a year. Patrick is deeply involved in our collaborative process. Just the chance to work with all these people again meant we couldn't say no

Star Wars is dead, and Picard will just prove everything that is wrong with the Sequel Trilogy.

it's funny

when i was a kid, i waited HOURS in line at the movie theater to see star wars. i baked in the sun for over six hours just to see the phantom menace.

today, i can't even be bothered to watch solo on netflix. it's literally 1-click away and i have zero interest to watch anymore of the universe.

Attached: 00000000000.png (261x271, 161K)

>Is Star Wars saved?
Star Wars was beaten to death behind the wood shed about two years ago.

The Red Letter Media "Predictions" vid nailed it - no amount of brilliant plot gymnastics can save it.

Truth

faggots like this are the problem

At this point I just live my own reality and select what I deem to be Star Wars.
Rogue one makes the cut but aside from that everything else is fan fiction at this point.

> Picard will just prove everything that is wrong with the Sequel Trilogy.
> trusting kurtzman, one of JJ's flunkies

>no young and handsome Jedi main character
DROPPED

it's so retarded to me that such a risk-averse company did not closely monitor and planned its monetization strategy of the star wars IP. I mean not having a script for all three of the movies? Choosing directors and then letting them do their thing without tuning it with the trilogy? Tbf tho the box office success of the force awakens probably blinded them. To me, the property is still immensely valuable and popular, if they go down the Marvel route and please the fans I think it could flourish for many years still.

The characters are soulless. Nobody cares about them. Back in 1983, half the fucking country HAD TO KNOW if Vader was really Luke's father. People camped for weeks in advance. What's the buzz on this movie? What cliffhanger are we dying to know the answer to? I just don't care about any of the new characters or their purpose.

There is no fucking saving Star Wars. It's dead. All they're doing is putting wires on the corpse and making it dance one more time to get a few bucks out of rubes.

>reddit letter media
>praised nu-wars
>shit on based prequels which printed money
gay

This should go down as one of the biggest Hollywood fuck ups in industry history. There'll probably be courses taught about it in film schools for decades.

Pretty based

Attached: rlm vs non rlm.png (2081x3085, 3.31M)

For me, it's already dead.

Didn't go see Solo, wont go see RoS.

Walked out of TLJ and wasn't a star wars fan anymore.

Not even memeing when I saw I dont even want to torrent or stream it, dont even want to see it for free. How does Rose, Finn, Poe, Rey storylines resolve? Christ, who cares.

Attached: Han-Solo-Its-True-All-Of-It.jpg (650x459, 37K)

It was over when Greedo shot first. Star Wars is dead.