youtube.com/watch?v=e2q8tGqnOYo
youtube.com/watch?v=jNlPCjYn4-k
youtu.be/pKWB-MVJ4sQ?t=767
youtube.com/watch?v=-7Syolg4zG4
youtube.com/watch?v=Qsvy10D5rtc
youtube.com/watch?v=vaxwv1rndPI
invidio.us/watch?v=IFZqWRtYvpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are there new horror monster movies out?
Because I sure as fuck haven't seen any in the past decade.

watch movie movies

Why was Pyramid Head portrayed as an outright hero in the second Silent Hill movie?

Attached: PHrev.png (2100x1803, 2.62M)

I would say The Void and The Ritual count

There was a second Silent Hill movie?

There's literally a capeshit-tier boss showdown between him and the monster taken from Silent Hill Homecoming. That shit had me fucking angry.

youtube.com/watch?v=6J5EOxZE1rc

This movie is fucking hilarious. I don't know how it got made.

what is this screenshot from

silent hill origins

Silent hill origins

It's supposed to be a sequel to the first one, even though there are a ton of inconsistencies. Like how there is still a cult in Silent Hill even though they were all killed in the first movie. Alessa in the first movie is portrayed as not really evil but she just wants revenge against the cult, while in the second movie she is portrayed as a legit evil entity that the cult has to kill in order to unleash their god. Which is also contradictory to the cult's motivation in the first movie for burning Alessa.

any good? i never played any of them after 4, assumed they were all shit

Alessa in the first movie.

Attached: 4e726f4541d3e6cfe607cef6ea8d8cb7--silent-hill-movies-horrorfilms.jpg (281x441, 19K)

What would you do, Yea Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=cW71zrDiyxc

Attached: Arachni lobster.png (709x574, 334K)

because nobody since Team Silent A and B with SH3 and SH4 knew what the fuck silent hill was actually about.

The Mist had some monsters that are confusion, however latter you see them in full.

I need to rewatch The Void. I went somewhat enthused but left disappointed. I think maybe my expectations were too high

Alessa in the sequel.

Attached: silent-hill-31.jpg (640x332, 103K)

Because they're often humans in costumes. And if they're not, they're CGI. The Thing fortunately got around these issues.

Gameplay is acceptable but the story is trash. It's better than Homecoming or Downpour at any rate. Shattered Memories is worth playing but just pretend it has nothing to do with Silent Hill.

The Void is like some fresh-graduated film student made a fan fiction mashup of Event Horizon and The Thing, but forgot to actually give the film and identity of its own. The acting is also pretty bad. That and Harbinger Down show that muh practical effects can't hold an entire move up.

Never played a Silent Hill game except for Shattered Memories and Homecoming. None of the first 4 are on steam. Anyone know where I can get the first 4 on pc?

Attached: 1563134122685.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

Buy a PS2 fat for 20 bucks at your nearest thrift store and play them on that.

The Void was pretty good. Never watched the Ritual though.

The Mist is absolutely God Tier of monster movies.

send in the aquanauts and hope the monsters coming into melee ranges procs heavy thermic lance reaction fire

Attached: terror_from_the_deep_by_kilzig-d7tviiw.jpg (1024x683, 250K)

Thanks.

I call this the Godzilla effect. It's when a villain is so fucking cool and popular that they later turn him into a hero so the audience can root for him. Happened to the Terminator. Happened to Leatherface. Happened to Pyramid Head. It's usually a fucking terrible idea. Usually. The second SH movie is hilariously bad for a theatrical release. Required viewing for schlock lovers.

Attached: godzilla.jpg (400x571, 259K)

As soon as that semi pulled up my buddy in the theatre was like "Oh i bet that's gonna be Travis" sarcastically
Lo and behold it fucking was.
Even more sarcastically I guessed that the very last scene of the movie would be a prison bus pulling up as they were leaving
>our fucking faces when that actually happens

Attached: 1524167843480.jpg (800x450, 61K)

>Happened to Leatherface.
The only Texas Chainsaw movie I watched was the first one. How did they turn him into a hero?

The drastic change from watching the first and second TCM in a row was fucking bizarre, both in Leatherface's personality and the comedic tone.
The first one is fucking awesome but I really don't know if the second is ever worth a watch outside of that amazing scene with Leatherface appearing out of the record room

I was thinking about this the other day. It's all about how the creature is presented, which kind of makes horror seem like a really shitty genre(at least creature-focused horror) because it relies so much on specific circumstances.
Take your average mutant, creature, ghoul, etc in a video game, put him among regular people, and you have a horror flick. But add 3000 of those creatures, and a group of armored brodudes with plasma rifles, and you have an action video game not meant to be seen as "horror" at all.
I want a creature that, if multiplied to those degrees, wouldn't lose its horror significance

youtube.com/watch?v=hQt2hNIBKNk

>40 minutes
You may as well just watch the fucking movie, Jesus Christ. People who make "video essays" should be hanged.

>Suddenly becomes a Cenobite

body snatchers or other aliens that blend in with regular people a la the thing might be what you're after

holy moly Starkiller just got eaten by an acklay

Attached: databank_acklay_01_169_e544124f.jpeg.jpg (960x540, 87K)

>People who make "video essays" should be hanged.

I never actually sit down and watch these things. I always listen to them while I'm cleaning, at the gym/running, shopping, etc, and they're a godsend for work, because I drive for a living.

I never noticed how that hing in the middle of its face is supposed to be an eye. I always thought that was its nose.

The Void was great except for the exposition filled antagonist and the God awful final scene. I loved it for having characters that acted realistically and not like idiots in the face of unknown horror though.

Silent Hill Shattered Memories would be the best game to adapt into a movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=S_wJLw8iBD4

He becomes sympathetic in the second movie, and in Texas Chainsaw 3D, he goes full anti-hero in the end. It's pretty garbage.

The first TCM was everything good about 70s horror movies. The second TCM was a quintessential, but overall pretty weak 80s movie. It's so lame that I can't figure out if it's satire or not.

They looked kinda cool

Attached: The-Old-Ones-in-the-mouth-of-madness-29952631-704-302.jpg (704x302, 50K)

>It's so lame that I can't figure out if it's satire or not.
Well this is the movie's poster.

Attached: DMykhswUEAAda8g.jpg (704x1052, 150K)

I didn't like the movie that much but fuck I would hang that on my wall

It was obviously satire

The Blob.

There was this little movie called Monster or The Monster, released in 2016, it's fine, check it out.

2 would be easy to adapt. I dunno why they haven't done it.

I think it's called the Ritual but that's got a great fucking monster in it and some pretty genuinely scary/unsettling scenes

With the mom and her daughter? Vague memories of it since i only watched it while drunk(a safety against shit movies, these days)
Wasn't the monster an allegory for her abusive husband or am I misremebering

>Pic
Godzilla vs The Grudge?

youtube.com/watch?v=JiWZAqaqj9I

Because some execs took everything from the games they thought would sell well: Big triangle monster, cute blonde girls, smoking hot nurses, bloody/metallic aesthetic and threw it in a film with hopes people who haven't played the games would watch it.

Also SH2 is too much like Lost Highway

I think if SH:Rev hadn't bombed as hard as it did they were setting themselves to do up to 3 new movies
>Sean Bean going to find rose = SH2
>Grady dropping off Heather and Vincent accidentally finds himself in SH again = SH:O
>The bus rolling in = obviously downpour

The monster in the bathroom? I think that was a pedophile janitor

I was referring to the movie, The Monster. Not Silent Hill

lol wtf is this Hellboy ripoff

1st half for me felt like a rehash of a lot of old movies/themes but in a watchable enough way, then in went downhill

>talking during the movie
Scummy

the most amazing part of that is they didn't expect the movie to bomb at all and wanted at least two out of the three of those sequels to happen

Fuck me I thought you were replying to the SH2 movie adaptation post like I was and lost 5 braincells doing so

Damn user you just reminded me I torrented that new one and promised to watch it with my friend this weekend. Bummed me out now.

The Mist was basically Doom on Earth right? Scientists open a portal to generate power from some other plane, monsters pour out? I haven't seen it in years and also haven't played the first Doom game in an even longer time, so I might be remembering it wrong.

Game Doom is literal Hell, with demons. Movie Doom was a portal to Mars? where people with a superhuman gene got turned into mutants, while others were just, preternaturally strong people.
The Mist was a portal to an alien world, so similar to game Doom I guess.

This, to be perfectly honest.

are there really villains in silent hill when apparently it's all in your mind or some shit

i've never played the games but also valtiel looks cool and horrifying

**movie Doom, Christ I'm stupid.

What are some legit scary movie monsters?

Attached: xtro has returned.gif (299x162, 1.25M)

What about shit like Wrong Turn, Hills Have Eyes and all other inbred cannibal movies?

Anything with a morphology wholly different from humans, so that, "oh, it's still humanoid, and must abide by our laws/die by similar means" is thrown out the window. Unkillable doesn't always have to be an aspect of the monster, but unrelateable certainly should be.

who thought xtro was good enough to be made into a movie? the design was decent but the plot was bizarre

This. Something Lovecraftian, but actually killable would make a kino monster.

The little backpedal that the monster does really made that scene freaky for me. It acted like an actual living creature and not a contrived horror monster that would have jumped at the car window or something stupid. The fact that it backs up also immediately makes you wonder if this thing is going to follow you after you pass or not.

More like what was going on outside Black Mesa during Half Life. In fact, I think HL was originally codenamed Quiver or something like that as a reference to Project Arrowhead in The Mist.

forgot about this movie, the being

Attached: being.jpg (659x452, 69K)

I don't know about scary, but the last thing I found to be disturbing was the monster from The Ritual. Really good buildup to it, and until they shot their wad and showed the monster in the third act, they did a good job of just giving glimpses. It's always scarier to let the audience fill in gaps with their imaginations.

I saw this movie when I was a kid. It made me scared to use the bathroom because I thought I would poop out one of those aliens.
youtube.com/watch?v=e2q8tGqnOYo

ayyy lmao

depends. there are murderers, and cultists, and just bad people who do/did bad things. and perhaps a bad deity who is birthed through ritual from aforementioned cultists. but pyramid head is not a "villain", just a manifestation of a particular character's subconscious sexual frustration and desire to be punished for misdeeds

neat
i like it

When I was a kid I remember seeing an Xtro display, kinda like an oversized VHS box, hanging from the ceiling in the local rental place. I guess they were too lazy to take it down or change it for something else because this would have been long after the movie came out, but it always freaked me the fuck out and I'd actively avoid the corner where they had it.

Attached: xtro cover.jpg (604x1000, 125K)

I wouldn't say that's always the case. A lot of people have really shitty, dull imaginations, and can't actually fathom something that would be universally creepy, so instead they just think, "tentacles and multi-limbs", reworkings of regular mundane things that we've seen countless times already. Not to say that those things can't be scary, but when given creative reign to design something, your typical person would create the same derivative creatures we grew tired of seeing in the early 2000s.

>they were too lazy to take it down or change it for something else because this would have been long after the movie came out, but it always freaked me the fuck out and I'd actively avoid the corner where they had it.
For me it was pumpkinhead.

>Jon Snow and Ned Stark

Fuck me, I almost forgot about this one.

Saw it when I was a teen at 2am on a school night once. Had no idea what the hell was going on for most of it what with that mind palace nonsense, but I didn't sleep well that night. I get now it was some nervous tick/coping mechanism or whatever, but I didn't understand at the time why the guy sitting on the toilet so desperately wanted the toothpick off the bathroom floor while he was in such danger.

Considering Stephen King's attitude towards Trump. This scene is pretty ironic in regards to refugees.
youtube.com/watch?v=jNlPCjYn4-k

I'm trying to think of a truly scary monster in which the film has shown it in its entirety.

Ever seen "the thing" you fuckface

What is pic related?

TCM2 is something that always struck me as something that was slapped together to capitalize on the slasher craze of the 80s that Freddy and Jason brought about, and not really something that Tobe Hooper wanted to do. Same with the Halloween sequels.

Because when they’re hideous abominations people complain that they’re not cool. Pic related.

Attached: 63A2ED65-BC4C-4A9A-9DEF-C03BD20EB4B2.jpg (632x1023, 671K)

Crawl

>40x40
How the fuck did you even accidentally save that?

Scary in design? Most horror film monsters just aren't, either due to the limitations of practical effects, or the subpar, videogame quality of CGI.
The Thing is a good example of attaining something that could be argued as scary, but most monsters, obscured or not, aren't something that actually make jump or go, "oh no that's scary."
It's more of an appreciation for the design, than anything.

Watch the whole thing, if you want. But the scene is a decent showcase of the monster. The sounds it makes are more "horror" than its appearance, I think.
youtu.be/pKWB-MVJ4sQ?t=767

Me on the bottom right

I guess the nurses from the first SH flick were pretty good, but I also am biased from playing the vidya.

>Nurses from the movie
My dick was so shocked it grew very stiff and started weeping

wait what the fuck?
I've seen this movie several times and I don't remember the monster being this clear
am I having an Alzheimer attack?

Yaknow if it was a Soul Calibur movie and not Silent fucking Hill I'd almost be down for this.

I'm getting a Ludwig the Accused vibe from this monster and I like it.

I was so horrified that I had to pause and fap.

How about that bear from Annihilation. That was not bad.

Context for zoomers: this is a parody of The Breakfast Club poster.

I wish it was just a bit more mutated/grotesque, and less of just a bear with partially exposed human skull, but yeah it was better than most these days.

A Xenomorph is already a hybrid, that Pumpkinhead looking shit was dumb as hell.

I'm going to bed RIGHT NOW and need a horror movie to watch

The Balrog is honestly one of the few CGI monsters that scares me. Just the shear immense size of it, and it feels powerful on another level to any other movie monster. When it jumps out of the blackness you expect to hear a big dumb movie monster roar, but instead you hear the billowing of a thousand furnaces when it opens its mouth. They honestly couldn't have done it much more perfect, and it doesn't overstay its welcome either.

kairo

VHS

prince of darkness

Any recommendations for a good ghost movie?

This is a really good one.

Attached: MPW-91730.jpg (500x740, 39K)

kairo

I've obviously watched all of these
guess I'll just die

this

Attached: 32432.jpg (1600x2400, 2.34M)

have you watched the first original rec?

same

Drag Me to Hell

Attached: Sam-Raimi.jpg (400x600, 48K)

yeah like 10 years ago

What about possesion?

Vid related, that ever elusive lovecraftian monster:
youtube.com/watch?v=-7Syolg4zG4

The Balrog just blew me away the first time I saw Fellowship of the Ring.

Attached: 1563276897425.jpg (400x397, 64K)

>xtro has returned

Attached: 11LovecraftFilms.jpg (3472x4000, 2.59M)

The director has said that once they got the funding they just did whatever they thought would look cool or be fun to film, nothing in the movie has any real meaning or anything. It's just a bunch of nonsense that miraculously turned into a great movie

no Fulci, why?

It blows me away every time I watch the movie, honestly. Watching Gandalf go toe to toe with the balrog while falling should by all logic look like ridiculous anime fighting, but the build up for the entire thing is perfect. Most people watching the movies for the first time don't even realise Gandalf's true nature, but that scene perfectly illustrates the dynamic of good and evil without outright stating it. All the scenes in the mines remind me of when I'm GMing a tabletop RPG at it's best and I'm just grinning ear to ear as the story unfolds by itself.

I know it's agreed upon that REC is better and I love the twist but this one scared the shit out of me pretty good and was just dreadful.

>one ticket for Batman v Superman, please

>Black Mountain Side
An enjoyable surprise, watched it last night. How's The Colour Out of Space? I know they're doing a new one with fucking Nic Cage

>The burrowers
Can't believe I forgot that kino movie.

>Fulci
Hadn't heard of him, what do you recommend?

Its intelligence and power are obvious,and that's why it's so effective.A dumb beast or a weird bullshit creature like this is just lame.

Attached: predator.png (1306x741, 949K)

It's good, but probably on the lower end of this list for me, but felt like it deserved a place on the direct adaptation column. What really surprised me was The Endless and yellowbrickroad though.

Zombi 2 for starters, or the The Beyond/City of the Living Dead/House By the Cemetery trilogy. Peak Italian gorekino, has Lovecraftian themes all around as well

holy fuck...

Attached: datalaughsatyou.gif (200x150, 638K)

Thanks a lot, I'll be adding them to the list!

>haven't heard of him
The state of Yea Forums

So many cuts lol

I think the Mist monster works because it's not a recurring individual threat, we just know that it's an example of what's out there. If the Mist monster were the ONLY monster it would be lame, but to know that thing is lurking just outside the door makes the mind wonder what other horrors could be roaming the world, and uncertainty is the entire mode of fear that the film hinges up.

>hideous abominations that inspire terror and confusion
youtube.com/watch?v=Qsvy10D5rtc

>LEL PERSON CTABWALKING, SO SPOOKY AND SURREAL
Is this the worst horror trope?

*hinges upon

>Predator
>Horror
A tall dude in armor that's really lethal isn't horrifying. Terrifying, as sure, but terror and horror are very different things. Terror is a sustained feeling. You can be terrified of societal collapse. Horror is a state achieved, evoked by something supremely dreadful.
Dudes in masks with shoulder-mounted rockets don't evoke horror.

That's what worked for me about The Mist, especially with the book, which allows the imagination to wander even more. If what we're seeing are just some random animals foraging for food as animals do, how fucked up is the place that they came from?

Has it ever been confirmed by King specifically where they come from? I've heard speculation that they're the creatures in the Todash Darkness from the Dark Tower series, or maybe from the wastelands that Blaine the Mono's tracks run above.

yep, people can't grow and learn about new directors or films. We should know them all before we post anything on your forum.

Attached: 1559356703447.png (657x539, 46K)

The burrowers and Pontypool arent lovecraftian at all

the movie was boredom made movie but this scene just took it from 2 to 10 in 5 mins

>A cure for wellness
Been meaning to watch this, how good is it? Or would you recommend something else on the list before it?

>big monster with many teeth look at camera
>open mouth and goes
BLLAAAARRGGG HOHOHHUHUHAABLAOOOOAOAAAERRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: 1427658198844.jpg (234x250, 10K)

He wrote an entire book sort of about that world called From a Buick 8, sadly it was after his car accident and therefore mostly utter shit with one or two cool scenes. And yes it's heavily implied it ties into the Dark Tower universe as well

>not just downloading a repack made by russians on rutracker with already fixed aspect ratio, 60fps cutscenes and unlocked Cynthia and Eileen suits
лмao

Attached: ff425554ad4020cf68b08566832cbda8.jpg (1920x1080, 70K)

Yeah I'd bet my last dollar that they're the todash darkness. SKEU when?

neither of those are people though, theyre humanoid

>after his car accident
Was Duma Key based on his experience

1 is about a cult using a psychic little girl to do a ritual in silent hill and the only thing resembling symbolism is the nurses because said little girl was crazily hospitalized
3 is about that cult trying again with the same girl by impregnating her with their god. The symbolism is about reproductive organs and birth.
4 is about a different psychic who killed himself and is haunting his victims, the symbolism mainly comes from connections to his previous victims.
2 just had a bunch of Indian burial ground shit combining with all the voodoo shit from 1 to make the whole personal hell thing, it’s basically an anthology. Homecoming and Downpour both took this route so that combined with the status of 2 made silent hill known as that incarnation.

they are still updating this holy fuck based /v tards

Of course

Dont bother

Too long and just below average

The Burrowers is a re imagining of several lovecraftian mythos. Pontypool uses language the same way a lot of lovecraftian stories do.

You do know lovecraftian is more than water monsters, right?

Didn't the ending have the dude turn into some skinless capeshit villain

Enjoy your virus

I personally loved it. I'll never not recommend the third column to people interested in lovecraft. Specifically cosmic horror, which is my favorite.

Not a monster movie

>Reimagining of several Lovecraft mythos

Bullshit name one

the host was pretty grotesque.youtube.com/watch?v=vaxwv1rndPI

The thing from Xtro actually is a human disfigured through alien experiments

>It's when a villain is so fucking cool and popular that they later turn him into a hero so the audience can root for him. Happened to the Terminator. Happened to Leatherface
Freddy Krueger managed to avoid this. So far.

The Burrowers is about a group of men who venture into territory unknown only to find indescribable creatures that have motivations we can't know. Hmm, why does that sound so familiar?

>Happened to Leatherface
What?

But we do know their motivations.
They're starving because their food source, buffalo, has been hunted to near extinction.

Well yeah, I was trying to avoid spoilers for other people. I didn't say it was great lovecraftian mythos but you can't deny the similarities of at the very least At the Mountains of Madness.

>Freddy Krueger managed to avoid this. So far.
Funny how he made Jason a hero in Freddy vs Jason.

I'm pretty sure The Banshee Chapter was pretty Lovecraftian but it's been a while since I've seen it.

Attached: TheBansheeChapter01.jpg (1024x564, 67K)

So its vaguely influenced or not influenced at all

People like calling everything lovecraftian for the marketing i guess

Movie was fantastic until the animals start running and the weird beach ball alien shows up at the door.
Once they leave the cabin the rest of the film didn't hold up.
Felt like it had great potential though.

or you know, Lovecraft has had a heavy influence on the horror genre in general. It IS inspired by At the Mountains of Madness. You didn't enjoy the film, that's fine, but you're just arguing semantics at this point.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out for sure.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (480x267, 2.01M)

I read the script for this before it came out. The idea of the Newborn came off as truly horrific...then you see the movie. Of course this was also back before anyone knew how hard Joss Whedon would gay up everything he touched.

But i did enjoy the film nigga

Savageland

The monster from The Possession (1981) is very underrated.

On the subject of movie monsters being too "cool", I think one of the issues is the switch over to digital production and lack of practical effects. As an example, Leatherface's costume and mask from the original compared to the 2003 remake. The 2003 remake is much "better", in the way that the stitching on the face has a better composition, it reads better, better paintjob, but all of that leads to it looking more "drafted", that someone sat down and designed it and made revisions until it was just right. Which is exactly what happened, so it looks like it was designed by an artist with a logical mind vs the original looking like shit makes it look like it was thrown together by a maniac retard.

When you're trying to make something scary I think intent plays a big role. I always thought part of what made the Myers mask scary is how simple it is. Steal a Halloween mask of a mans face, spray paint it white (for some reason?) and haphazardly cover up the eyebrows (and further obscure emotion), cut the eyes open so you can see better. There's a kind of simple deranged logic to it, and that carries into making Michael believable as a sociopath.

You can apply this to lots of other stuff too, when I see the zombies from The Walking Dead, I don't see corpses I see "zombies", they all look like stuff that was made in ZBrush or Photoshop. So it doesn't carry the visceral fear that seeing a real corpse has. Same issue with all sorts of "demons" or "aliens", they just look like concept art mishmash. We have all the technology in the world to realize any design through all sorts of ridiculous fabrication methods, but I don't think most of that does much to actually create a scarier image, as much as it's an excuse to inflate the budget.

Attached: 52ceac84c9295de01d8d0316a8045b03.jpg (500x666, 67K)

>why yes, I live in Silent Hill, how could you tell

The hybrid was probably the scariest thing to come out of alien.

invidio.us/watch?v=IFZqWRtYvpM
Daily reminder that Silent Hill is based on a real town.

Don't bother, it's fucking trash.

They pulled out every single fucking cliche you can think of and put it in the movie. On top of that, there are things introduced in the beginning that were never touched again so you're left wondering wtf was that all about.

Attached: pia.webm (1280x720, 1.9M)

Only the movie, the games have nothing to do with that

because modern audiences are kinda numb to it.

We need someone to faithfully and truly adapt some lovecraft shit to bring that terror back.

in this film, the scary monter wasn't the freak face

Attached: under-the-skin.jpg (634x423, 29K)

Oh yes one of the other two people that's seen yellow brick road

Aren't a lot of Lovecraft's descriptions of creatures mostly stuff like "it was an indescribable terror"?
could explain why there aren't many decent depictions

Yes she was

Not really. He's usually on the opposite end of the spectrum and spends and entire page describing something.

ok jimmy retardo. i'll watch my movie movies while i eat pizza pizza

A fair number have solid descriptions you can use, but several are invisible or impossible to conceive.
The greater problem is that a lot of Lovecraft's horror revolves around the characters going completely mad. Lovecraft had an intense fear of insanity since both his parents were incarcerated and later died in an asylum. I'm not sure that would transfer well to modern audiences, since mental health is relatively well understood compared to the 1920's. I think mental illness is also more romanticized nowadays, so you'd need to go out of your way to depict how awful it is.
As an aside, the characters going mad isn't caused by the monster emitting some insanity ray; it's them having an acute existential crisis as they realize how incredibly bleak their situation is. So a proper Lovecraft adaptation would also need to build a sense of impending dread.

How was At the Mountains of Madness?

it's fucking weird with all those toys but it's like a real nightmare and I liked that

amazing design and the best thing in the movie, what ruined it was a Ripley and Donnie character

Because the real monster..... Is you...........

The ritual was good.

Lol

faggot

>hideous abominations that inspire terror and confusion

They cast ugly negresses for that now.

its ok for a mobile game

The monster from Possession (1981)

Attached: Cb3pgPxWEAAUw2Y[1].jpg (540x721, 273K)

i thought it was a squid alien

Hollywood's idea of a monster is a guy with long arms

Attached: 1534758693611.jpg (1899x1452, 566K)

10/10 movie

This is A Quiet Place, right? My entire family thought it was pretty bad.

Attached: KINO-00146.jpg (1800x1080, 328K)

>oh beg your pardon, chaps

I thought I was going insane. Every cunt loves that terrible piece of shit film.

A Cure for Wellness. Nice.

The editing in that was very shitty.

Based, was pyramid head giga chad this whole time?

Hey gais lets take a fan favorite of the silent hill game franchise and completely fuck it up

The monster in the new Stranger Things looked like that

its honestly better to not show the monster at all imo.
its just a hard trope to work in a video game

fucking kek

quiet, crawl, cloverfield
i could go on but thats off the top of myhead at 3 am on a wednesday

good one

Altitude is so underrated

>tfw the novel confirms Pennywise survives both encounters with The Losers.

morgan freeman eyebrows and the double personality ruined it for me, the rest was wellmade

Ok, do people not like Prince of Darkness? I thought the video tape message was real kino bros.

>never hideous abominations that inspire terror and confusion
The Thing

>absentia
ok now this is based

Thanks for that obscure knowledge user, I appreciate it

>he still believes in viruses in 2019
haha

>A movie that Sean Bean SHOULD have died
>He actually didnt die
This is such a shitshow top kek
This movie is a

With few exceptions, horror movies aren't art anymore.

Attached: The Resurrected.webm (720x544, 2.93M)

Mandela effect bro. I used to draw these shits. Now it has an eye in the middle. Fuck this world and fuck all time Marty Mcfly.

would last shift belong on this list?
>the main actress was an absolute cute and i indeed fapped well after the movie

Lobster is back on the menu bois!

Plebs will say this wasn't a good alien monster

I always thought it was Quiver because of Quake. Huh, neat.

Christ, I hated Resurrection. Not only did Joss Whedon make a mockery of the characters in his usual style, the movie completely wasted Michael Wincott.

Attached: robert de niro laughing.jpg (480x360, 10K)

its was pretty creepy being childlike and monstrous at the same time. its an interesting concept: human/alien hybrid.

>this is peak Yea Forums humour in 2019
This place has gone to shit

Wish I could understand what the fuck he's saying
Dialogue audio is not good

sneed brap for you

That fucking Johnny Knoxville on the left?

is that grimes in the middle?

Made me vomit as a kid, so I'd say it was grotesque enough.

>spoopy ayylmao invades another fucking planet
>always naked and never uses technology
Why? Why make them bulletproof? War of the Worlds was kinda shit but they did the invasion aspect great, the tripods aren't invulnerable but they're so much better than what we have they still shit all over modern technology. The Predator was scary because he was just hunting you for sport. Baby cloverfields aren't scary because you could probably just set traps, they can't fucking see and act like animals. Why even make them aliens?

I thought Mr Babadook was pretty spoopy.

Jason only killed degenerates and roasties

Wow

Attached: 1562727228693.jpg (641x530, 25K)

how the fuck do you not include in the mouth of madness or prince of darkness on this list

> want to write The Mist
> 12 years old
well fuck

That's really good cgi for an indie short film

>Str vs Dex

This looks better than the 2011 The Thing movie

> look at channel name
> think pic related
Did bored oatless pigs make this channel?

Attached: oats.jpg (225x224, 5K)

Attached: 0e3804a0620afa1642a632be9f5c052ed4531758_hq[1].jpg (512x384, 26K)

Attached: mistbehemothwotentacl3[1].jpg (500x378, 51K)

Attached: the-mist-behemoth-creature-monster-alien4[1].jpg (600x539, 38K)

Me: Nice head, LOSER!
Pyramid Head: ;_;

Attached: 7b468cb6c2f9e6ed54d5fb42ad8c6bc8[1].jpg (1600x1110, 155K)

Attached: large[1].jpg (1600x1036, 230K)

the tiny generic monster head kinda ruins it for me

The toy made and certain things like comics were done with what was obviously 2 eyes. Considering we only see it in the movie for a few seconds it's likely we remember it as everything else.

Attached: saga-acklay_front2.jpg (908x500, 90K)

lmao

For me it's the twin victims

Attached: tumblr_p1wpy92UKS1w3zmp6o1_400.gif (400x265, 1.82M)

werent those squid like things also used in the Dreamcatcher Stephen King movie?

The really scary thing about the bear wasnt the design, it was the fact that it immitated voices, and was appratently smart enough to use this to try and get a reaction of the characters
The design was neat tho

is there a story behind that enemy, why it looks the way it does?

>The Cloverfield monster again

They seriously need to knock that shit off. It wasn't even cool to start with.

mark lenover is god tier

I don't think it was intentionally trying to trick them, the girl's voice had just fused with it so instead of a normal growl you can hear her screams of agony instead, just as everything within the shimmer started adapting each other's properties. But I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've seen it

All of the enemies in that game are victims of a serial killer who is chasing you through nightmarish version of places of his life after. You travel to them through a hole that appears in your bathroom after being mystetuliously locked inside your appartment for days.

You just know

there is a second one?

for some reason they put him in the 1st movie even though he shouldn't be.
That's fine whatever he's iconic.
Then they made him Alessa's guardian.
Despite the fact in the 1st movie he was just killing random people outside the church, he also isn't in the final when he could be a body guard to her too.

In Revengence he got brought back as a good guy, he for some reason cuts off the fingers of prisoners that are for some reason alive and screaming I don't know why.

And as the other user said, Sean Bean's character dies in the games but for some reason survives.
It's like a fucking joke.

They are the baby twins that the killer killed in the maternal guard or something so they look like (monsters to you?) babies in the arms of their mother.

I agree, as soon as they meet the villagers, any tension in the film just goes while everything before that was so good.

happened to Predator too in AVP

Yes

Myers mask isn't modified.
In real life it was a Capt Kirk deathmask that made it into stores unpainted.
I'm sure one of the films shows a shop with them in and they are already white.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Why have I never heard about this?

Attached: OOOOOOOOOOOH intensifies.jpg (505x720, 35K)

kek

Holy shitballs. I remember seeing this like 20 years ago or something. There was something genuinely scary about the mother crying and calling for her son (on some river?) at the end of the movie.

It's a shitty movie based an an equally shitty book.

'cause it sucked

>and people say the first movie didn't follow the games story at all
hope you fucks are happy almost as happy as Sean Bean thinking oh boy I Get to actually be in the shot with the monsters!

what is it with that era and this typeface?

Attached: font of the 80s.jpg (1239x621, 21K)

Hellboy (2019) is full of lovecraftian monsters

*Inhales*

Attached: 1563423169799.webm (1280x536, 2.93M)

oh no no no no

shame they blew them all on a gore porn scene

Attached: the big monster from the last couple episodes of code lyoko.jpg (700x380, 245K)

based ian shitting up sequels and series almost every other project now

not exactly related but do u guys think that lulu wilson is a cute? what are GOOD horror movies with cute and funny actresses in them? And I mean they must good on their own merit despite the cuteness and funniness of their actresses. I want to watch a good horror movie that is good regardless of the state of it cute and funny actresses but the actresses must ALSO be cute and funny. And no gays pls.

link?

fuck that webm is disgusting. sorry guys i posted it by accident. (incase anyone is wondering that webm of a revolting black cunt spitting in someones food at some fast food place)

yep. thats pretty creepy. i thought there'd be a creepy reason behind their appearance. anyone know why team silent didnt make any more games after sh the room?

I'd mostly agree but the town seems to act differently in each game.
1/3 the town is shaped by the girl and her memories/trauma (the butterflys and hospital stuff etc) but also the cult is real whereas in 2 the town is shaped around each persons psyche, its constantly references and brings to life the MC's guilt about his wifes treatment for example. There are only a handful of characters in 2 and they all seem to tormented by it in their own way, except that one dude that wants to fuck everything.

It's a good design in a vacuum, the issue is that it's in a braindead action movie, so when you see it, your initial reaction is "That doesn't look cool or badass, how come it has a higher power level than the queen alien, this is stupid"
In a movie that wasn't written by a hack like Joss Whedon, and didn't already feature regular xenomorphs, that thing would have been great

Konami

so which one is ben 10

dont they like money? i thought sh1 and 2 sold well. did 3 and 4 bomb?

Literally stolen from Dark Souls

Attached: ds-bloathead.jpg (390x666, 136K)

It's not like they stopped making SH, it's just the og team that I think got dismantled/changed company.
I'm too lazy to look for sales, but I'm sure post SH4 games still sold decently, by now they must outnumber the original ones.

captain marvel

lol this movie made my mom traumatized to the point of making her a hardcore christian zealot to this day

learn to suspend disbelief

Ritual was a shit jumpfest for normies don't @ me

I don't think 4 did that well, but it was the most hated and abstruse of the games so far (it wasn't even supposed to be a Silent Hill game at first) and in that time RE4 had came out so maybe Konami wanted the same success for the franchise, SH1 was them trying to copy the success of Capcom and the first Resident Evils after all.

if he had them outstretched he might be a little spookier but here he just looks like one of the Dark Crystal critters

Attached: landstriders.jpg (564x873, 104K)

nice

Attached: brainlets unironically need this explained to them.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

I always took it to mean that the town is real as are the cults, so it's not wholly hallucination or whatever, but it changes itself to each person. Origins and 2 are the same city area iirc and share some similar areas, and Downpour/Homecoming/Origins share districts as well (you can even find Travis' flipped truck from Origins at one point). Weird comparison but i always as it as like, imagine if you were playing an MMO; entering Silent Hill has you be instanced.

Downpour is actually super underrated, they hired some nobody post-Soviet bloc team to make it and they did their own take on it that has a cool Stalker/Metro 2033 feel to the world design. It's by no means as good as the originals but unlike Homecoming, it's actually a pretty good horror game in it's own right and does some interesting things.

that's a great fucking sell

>tfw there's nothing scarier than you

Japan has a weird culture of pulling successful designers etc out of their teams to push them up the corporate ladder, so after team silent had a couple of big successes the team started losing key members.

we'll all try much harder next time user

Concept art department. It's a homogeneous mess of everyone being inspired by the same chink designer. That one chink that drew a cool monster the best and all of them got inspired when they were 13 to do the same.

There's dozens of other factors, but I note this is the main cause.

that thing just looks cute honestly

Yeah I agree, it just seems to work a bit differently between 1/3 and 2. Its like sometimes the instance is defined by something happening in the town and sometimes by the person in the instance. Some games have much more shared experiences between people in the town than others.

lmaoing at lanklets

GAY

does its heart get ripped out in the movie?

[JAPANESE GAME] 4 has a tendency to sell poorly

Downpour is ok but is not horror and being a survival game that makes it retarded. Homecoming is shit. The worse of all by far.

>why yes,my favourite band is slipknot,how could you tell?

it does not

what a shitty toy

>main theme by Korn

ITMOM is there...

I know it's blasphemy but Prince of Darkness never did it for me, so I left it off the list.

>last shift
Probably could be, but you have to cut the line somewhere

Attached: source.gif (500x269, 889K)