What would a city-wide Thing infection be like?

What would a city-wide Thing infection be like?

Attached: The Thing.jpg (1103x1600, 200K)

Invasion of the body snatchers.

That would be fucking kino to see.

Expensive

It would just need to take over one (1) apartment in a night and then it'd just have enough biomass to turn into a fuck huge monster that can eat a whole city endlessly growing. It'd be more akin to the blob than the thing.

/thread

Weren't they arguably benevolent, in the sense that the infecting agent(can't remember what it was, originally) just wanted people to be "better", while still keeping human society operating as humanly as possible?

no

I thought that also, I guess most people think losing muh fee fees is worse than death though. Referring to the Donald Sutherland one here, not sure if it was meant to be anticommunist or not

Bro those weren't really people. It was an alien spawned that just sucked the memories of the person and killed them. Did you not watch the movie? They fucking kill you and just pretend to be you so that they can reproduce from more people.

You are probably thinking of that book/movie made by the The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Once the Thing assimilates the entire country would that be positive or negative for GDP?

>The Host
>Stephanie Meyer
Suprised they didn't YA franchise that like they did Twilight.

Absolute annihilation of all living things in the city

Negative considering once the entire country is assimilated all the inhabitants would just spread out and infect the entire world

If they knew in advance that it would post the economy, they'd doom us all for a few measly shekels.

Pray for death.

Yes I remember the part where he finds the half formed bodysnatchers but I thought all the memories and consciousness of the actual people were preserved in the aliens? Isn't that what Spock said?

It's anti-yuppie

the end of the fucking world
only a nuke could stop it

Akira

What is the Thing's tax policy?

A found footage version of this would be kino

they tried
sersh was in the movie

He's ancap
Fucking MacReady and whoever the else violated his NAP when they fucked with his frozen ass

was the new one any good and do any dogs die in it because if so eh

Absolutely fucking disgusting, really bleak shit. Corpses and limbs everywhere, hellish abominations crawling around, and nowhere to run. Pain and suffering 24/7, the worst possible scenario.

This

>new one
user...that was eight years ago. It has MEW, so that's an automatic 8/10, but it loses 3 points for PS3 graphics CGI and replacing the reveal of the ship's hanged pilot with a random shifting CGI matrix thing.
Worth watching since its considered a canon prequel, but the CGI feels dated even for 2011.

but do any animals die user

Yes.

okay i'm out then