What recent movies made an impact on you?

What recent movies made an impact on you?

Attached: EAIovqfXoAE2_eo.jpg (1000x666, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NN4-3yYi-vo
youtube.com/watch?v=z9kgDlCiH3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

watched pic related yesterday and was impressed

Attached: 6ZMA0rTr09scCcJKTPqAw5UMlAS.jpg (1400x2100, 448K)

You guys did watch Jim's movie in 3D as intended right?

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 461K)

Captain Marvel really struck home with me, better than Alita

Just today the torrents are out; one surely can afford paper cyan-red glasses.

Anaglyph is kinda the shittiest form of 3D you can get but I guess if you weren't smart enough to grab a 3DTV back when they used to make them that's your only option.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 325K)

one of these things is not like the other!
One of them is a dude!

I count six dudes.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 504K)

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 481K)

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 542K)

When those fail, computers with gaming hardware can be used as replacements.
But then, I wonder if discs will still be made, since most public for it will vanish together with the dying TV sets.

I hear you can somehow watch them with those VR headsets but I have no idea how well it actually works.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 540K)

dang that looks good

It is not necessarily VR sets.
Some high-end computer video cards still use glasses for 3D games.

The motorball stuff is seriously 10/10 action

the teen romance stuff which takes up like 60% of the movie is like 4/10 at best

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 465K)

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 431K)

I hope you watched it in VR and not using 3D glasses

How's the resolution in VR? I remember hearing you get a pretty hefty screen-door effect because the pixels are so close to your eyes you can easily distinguish them individually.

I know how bad some passive 3D glasses and TVs are but I've got a 4k3D monitor and it's got superb separation with minimal crosstalk which was a major issue with lots of passive 3D displays.

I'm not totally opposed to the idea of VR and I think that's probably going to be the solution going forward but I'm a tad skeptical about replacing my 3D monitor with VR as a primary way to watch 3D movies and content.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 406K)

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 415K)

I guess sitting closer to your setup would yield the same result as a VR set, minus headaches.
Lower the brightness if necessary.
Movies would have no benefits with the use of a VR set, because the stereo information is prerecorded from a single viewpoint in movies. You can't go around and look behind an object.

>Movies would have no benefits with the use of a VR set
No, how I picture it, what you'd do it is you'd simulate a movie theater in VR and just play the movie on a huge VR screen that's playing the 3D content but each eye is only seeing the correct information from the screen creating that 3D effect naturally. And since you have a screen for each eye you have all the benefits of passive 3D without the luminance and crosstalk problems caused by the polarized glasses getting between you and the picture.

It was ok bordering on bad.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 504K)

That would require software to emulate a theater, but it should be trivial to make.

I'm pretty sure several already exist, I do recall seeing people watching 3D movies in various VR theaters.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 471K)

A quick search on youtube search netted me these
youtube.com/watch?v=NN4-3yYi-vo
youtube.com/watch?v=z9kgDlCiH3o

So it's already a thing, I'm just not convinced the VR headsets out there right now are really worth switching to from my 3D 4k Monitor.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 476K)

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 457K)

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 410K)

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 390K)

>it's a thinly veiled Alita thread

Just put Alita general in the title fag

Blame me, I just got the blu-ray and I wanted to dump some wiggle 3d gifs and this was the most relevant thread I could find.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 471K)

Keean Johnson is extremely handsome.

Attached: 3D.gif (960x400, 433K)