/mort/ - Mortdecai General

Last one hit bump limit.
What are your expectations for the sequel?
What are some similar movies so I can get my mortkino fix?

Attached: TAx7H7m.jpg (1000x1500, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V9RsyU5jcQw
thewrap.com/johnny-depp-mortdecai-character-franchise-written-lionsgate-says/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What are some similar movies so I can get my mortkino fix?
Gotti is a crime masterpiece, though Mortheads might find it lacking compared to Black Mass

complete kinography

johnny depp's first honest transformation
more mort please

I literally forgot I even watched this.

Attached: 35a797330fdab02c0fa0f7f8496b9003db04cc41234f443cb37a0ba66869f98f.png (339x230, 145K)

Hey, /mort/. I've been dealing with something since the last general that's got me feeling a little glum. I met this girl for some drinks a few days ago and we get to talking about our favorite films. I mention how much I love Mortdecai. She chuckles a little then asks if I'm serious. I reply in earnest that it's my favorite film to which she burst out laughing. Now being a Morthead I'm used to people having not seen this overlooked gem but anyone who's seen it with a functioning brain loves it. I've never experienced someone with such low class just lambasting it to my face. Literally snorting and chortling herself to tears. I quickly excused myself from the table under the guise of using the lavatory but snuck through the kitchen and out the back door into the alley. I've never felt so humiliated in my life. When I got home I popped my Mortdecai special edition blu-ray in to see if there was something I was missing but as expected I was treated to 107 minutes of non-stop entertainment. I guess some people just enjoy being churlish at someone else's expense.

you two were not meant for each other, obviously your intellect is a few tracks above hers so the relationship wouldnt have worked out. Don't worry she'll be #madatmort for the rest of her life its her loss not yours

bump

Attached: MV5BN2Q5YjBkZGEtMmJkZC00NzFkLTliZTYtNmQ2OTk1ODdiODdiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 (675x1000, 140K)

Thanks for saying that. I knew that if anybody would understand it would be my friends at /mort/. It's just so hard to find someone these days so the whole experience has left me crestfallen. As sad as I am to admit it even watching Mortdecai on a daily schedule isn't picking me up like it usually would.

you did WHAT?!

you can't have generals for a movie no one has seen
also no webms???

I wish to convert to Mortdom... how do I become a Morthead?

>if i haven't seen it no one has
Mortdecai is a cult hit with a dedicated fanbase.
>webem
Would you put Bergman film into a webem? Godard? Ozu? Tarkovsky? Cassavettes? Obviously not. The truncated format can never capture the magic of the piece.

Haha this is such an epic thread haha make a general about a bad movie everyone forgot about hahaha I get the joke lmao this is so epic xDDDD like bane xDDDD and sneed xdddd

>he's #madatmort

why so #madatmort? we're just trying to have a lil comfy mort thread and obviously you havent seen the movie if you say you dont like it

Attached: i6QUbQH.png (262x293, 154K)

baste and mortpilled

Classic case of #madmatmort

Buy the blu-ray or rent/buy it from your preferred streaming service and get ready for a tour de Mort.

Link to last /mort/?

just search /mort/ in the archive, fellow /mort/ician

you must have taken some nyquil or something thats the only way

based /mort/ I missed these threads

imagine being this #madatmort

Mortfevai? More like more kid the pie !

Do I need to watch anything before this or can I just dive right into it?

dive right into it? what are you mad? the power will corrupt you if youre not careful

Watch Transcendence first

Most would suggest that, at a minimum, a MFA in art history and a solid foundation in geopolitics are required to grasp the nuances of the film. But in my opinion as long as you have a BFA from an accredited institution you'll enjoy most of what the film has to offer.

absolutely #madatmort

you MUST watch GOTTI it's crucial for every #mortdecai kinosseur

>you will never watch mortdecai for the first time ever again
#mortified

Attached: BhijHgZ.png (599x398, 344K)

Yeah Gotti is great, it's basically a patrician Godfather 2

now this is quality Yea Forums shitposting, I might actually watch this dogshit of a movie now

Mortedecai reminds me of Kohlberg's theory on stages of moral development with a twist: Mort lampoons then transcends self-made man to craft his own deeply internal ethic and ingenious buffoonery with social etiquette.

Is it possible that Depp was trying to achieve what Sandler has perfected?

I'm watching the original French rip of Mortdecai and in every scene he doesn't have a funky mustache. WTF? Did they edit it in for the English version or something??

Attached: FrenchRip.jpg (612x380, 57K)

I hope you retards watched this kino at the cinema and not some shitty screen at your home

Attached: jug.jpg (745x768, 106K)

stop spreading misinformation mort has ALWAYS had his mustache #justmortfacts

>he doesnt attend the bi-annual Yea Forums Mort viewing party

Attached: tkf5fZa.jpg (511x555, 48K)

Mortdecai was originally made to run for 108 minutes, but they shortened it to 107 because the director thought that if it were too long people would die of laughter
#justmortfacts

wtf I thought I was the only one who enjoyed this shitty movie

>shitty
false flagger confirmed, this man has never seen Mortdecai

Attached: 1563595698341.png (1500x2200, 3.89M)

>MFW a "critic" claims Mortdecai is a bad film

Attached: 1563589967532.png (1000x580, 993K)

Best scenes? youtube.com/watch?v=V9RsyU5jcQw

>being this mad
Someone outta open up your balls m8.

Any live steams soon?

Attached: 1563589787051.jpg (550x309, 33K)

Hey mort bros. Just saw the thread and thought I would say based and mortpilled.

t. Mort viewer from 2014 who doesnt follow trends.

>Why yes, Mortdecai is my favorite motion picture. How did you know?

Attached: chad_gauntlet.jpg (1080x1207, 900K)

#madatmort

>2019
>still no mort webms
Is everyone still #madatmort

>tfw we still haven't seen the deleted footage

#ReleaseTheMortMinute

you got me, I just wanted to belong

Attached: 1556417184068.jpg (509x557, 26K)

9 classics. I own each on blu ray/dvd.

Holmes & Watson is god-tier Mortcore

>capeshitter
>watch #mort
not in a million years

I haven't seen the film.

So what is it :

- actually fun

- so terrible it's fun

- literally adam sandler jack and jill tier

Holmes and Watson on the list make me question what this is.

it pure #mortkino with main actor Johnny Depp giving his best performance yet!

what year is it

Werent these from 2017 lmao. The pure psychosis of these /schmort/ threads always gives me a hearty chuckle.

/mort/ general is many years old, it's an integral part of board culture

Attached: Mortyyy.png (770x298, 185K)

mortdecai is cute

Ahhh, thank you enlightened one. How could I forget.

the webm will be surpassed... eventually

is this the mortedela effect?

The year of Mort

Attached: mortdecai.jpg (700x700, 100K)

mort general still up after 4 hours. yeah im thinking that mort is back baby

dwayne johnson in the inevitable sequal would be the only way to surpass the first films littyness
#justmortdecaithings #mortdecaifan #justmortthoughts

>Johnny Depp ‘Mortdecai’ Has Franchise Written All Over It, Lionsgate Says
>Lionsgate chief compares Depp movie to “The Pink Panther”
>“it’s a character that Johnny Depp absolutely loved and would love to do more of.”

thewrap.com/johnny-depp-mortdecai-character-franchise-written-lionsgate-says/

Fuck, it was one of those performances that tells you how to appreciate it. Most fun I've had in a theater

He was never gone

Attached: mort.jpg (320x400, 57K)

>The year of OUR Mort

#teammort

Attached: missing.jpg (790x553, 50K)

For me? ... It's gotta be Mort!!!

Attached: 1554110593229.webm (640x360, 1.3M)

>#ReleaseTheMortMinute
Fucking lol

I have no doubt in my mind the end of the trilogy will surpass Avatar 2 as the king of the box office!

#MoftMania

[arrives hotel] Jock. Dear, sweet, sperm-heavy Jock. Behold this America, this new colossus, this fair land of the free! You'll get to watch Mortdecai every day for the rest of your life instead.

Attached: f9c0b8_773bc2315bb842acbf7d66828fa53a1a_mv2.jpg (605x296, 31K)

I've seen the film at least a dozen times, naturally, or I wouldn't be posting here. That being said, what is everyone's favorite >#mortmoment

>I've seen the film at least a dozen times
#MakingMortProud

Impossible to name a favorite #mortmoment, it's like trying to choose your favorite child

the Alita generals died for this

Attached: 1557559932519.jpg (893x893, 624K)

just pirated alita this past weekend.

fuck me that was a good adaptation.

really no qualms about it except for maybe pacing but i can understand the need for that

hope we finally get some more decent western anime adaptations after this

akira desperately needs a good adaptation

and thats a good thing!
2020 will be the year of mortdecai

The future is bright

>100 percent critic and audience score on rotten tomatoes
what went so right bros

Glad you liked it!
Akira is getting an adaptation by Taika Waititi and he's casting all Japanese actors so I think it might actually turn out to be good but we'll just have to see.

Attached: alitagc.jpg (1024x817, 94K)

>mfw Mortdecai: Endgame beats Avatar

Attached: Mortdecai.jpg (1920x2284, 1.1M)

>all Japanese actors
that's gonna be a pass from me

slant eyes can't display subtle emotions

especially the subtle emotions displayed non-verbally in anime (hence why anime have large expressive eyes)

Well the last time an adaptation was being planned it was with all American actors and it was going to take place in NYC which makes no sense

Daddy would you like some sausage?
Daddy would you like some sau-sa-ges?

>take place in NYC which makes no sense
assuming it would be some cyberpunk neoNYC I'd be fine with that.

It's really all about weather the director and writers understand and stay true to the soul of the source material which I feel like they nailed in terms of alita

>Taika Waititi
OH NO NO NO
also the most reddit anime ever made