Will a movie writer ever win a nobel prize?

will a movie writer ever win a nobel prize?

Attached: 52981-a_lg.jpg (2054x2080, 803K)

Had he sucked the right dicks, tarantino.

name anything he's written that compares to tambourine man

Bob Dylan is an overrated hack, to be quite honest. There were plenty of musicians better than him back in the day that didn't get as much praise.

Some have I’m pretty sure. Like Faulkner for instance. Probably more.
No there weren’t. Stop trying to be special and unique.

>Simon and Garfunkel
>Nick Drake

>It is Yea Forums edgy tourist episode again

The nobelprize comittee should be ashamed they gave him the nobelprice for...literature, if iIrc. Based Bob for not picking it up. They made a fucking mockery out of the whole thing. And Obama winning the Nobelprize for peace. Fuck. Have they always been this ridiculous?

Your taste is shit, man. Maybe, MAYBE Leonard Cohen and the Lennon/McCartney songbook could stand on the same level as Bob in a pinch. But Simon and Garfunkel? Fuck off with that shit.

This

>he likes Bob Dylan and calls other people tourists
Yeah I'm gonna sing with my annoying nasal voice and get a Nobel. :^)

>implying Simon and Garfunkel are anywhere near Dylan's level
This board really is full of contrarian retards.

The peace prize is not given out by the nobel comitte in sweden, it is separate. Furthermore why would words being set to a tune disqualify them from being literature?

Would the writing of Dylan have been able to win a Nobel without the music? Just make a category for music.

Hemingway, Steinbeck, Gabriel García Márquez, Harold Pinter, and Orhan Pamuk all wrote screenplays and won a Nobel.

>annoying nasal voice
you faggot can't even stay on topic

No but verse started as music so if want to see it this way, his songs just take back another dimension lost to poetry.

Gabo was a hack

So was Steinbeck. I never claimed otherwise. But the bulk of Pinter's career is in theatre and film so not only is OP BTFO it was done before Dylan.

Steinbeck wasn't so bad

He was a leftist asshat who thought that government was God.

Attached: 1509551736606.png (728x881, 987K)

Bob Dylan sucks. Edgy fagtard with meaningless lyrics he passes off as "deep."

>Have they always been this ridiculous?
Kissinger got the peace prize, so yes.
And if you complain about Dylan, you should also complain about Churchill who got the literature prize for his speeches

I'm Not There is a terrific film. Discuss if you have seen it. My favorite sequence is whenever Ben Whishaw plays '64 Dylan.

>Thinks being given something is work
Makes sense

Proust was a weak neet faggot yet he was still one of the best writers ever

>Simon
good but inferior
>Garfunkel
kek
>Nick Drake
KEK