Is it possible to do what he did today?

Is it possible to do what he did today?

Attached: don.jpg (639x480, 36K)

Be a white american? No.

Cheat on your wife time and again?

What did he do today?

star in an overrated, pseudointellectual, reddit-tier show? yeah, probably.

Advertising still exists OP

Meant changing your identity completely, but yes those too

Even back then no. They still had pictures. Also the army has medical records

Nope you can't do that anymore

Possibly, though it would be very hard. It should be said he only got away with it in the long term because Anna Draper helped him.

>why would a man CHOOSE to be gay?

Attached: don-draper.jpg (800x600, 37K)

Watched the first 5 minutes of mad men and turned it off, should I give it a chance

why would you pick a pic where he looks so weird for this kind of post though

Took me like 5 episodes to get somewhat invested

It's brilliant, though.

Sorry you can't handle a realistic portrayal of women.

Goddamn I want a cigarette

The first episode is pretty weak, and later seasons are leagues ahead of the first season. It takes a while to get into but it's good.

Possibly. Cooper and Pete found out about his lies and basically ignored it because Don's success was beneficial to them. If you were ultra-successful like Don was then maybe those around you would be willing to turn a blind eye but not likely.

no. it's pseud shit. It's for people who think they were born in the wrong decade. Dudes who wear $150 suits to the dive bar so they can suck down $4 shots

Mad Men is white male fantasy show disguised under the
>he's depressed guys, trust us, this lifestyle is bad

But the reality is they show don as successful, wealthy, and banging hot chicks all the time. Something every male dreams of. Because that's what the show is truly about. That's what sells it.

It's a very popular trope of tv these days. Hedonism, disguised under cheap "deep" drama. It's a fail-safe designed for critics who wouldn't recommend this show if it had Don Draper just being rich, fucking chicks and being very successful at his job. And this truly works, seeing how this show is now labeled as the greatest tv show of all time.

I turned it off because the it pains me to see the beautiful women in beautiful dresses, the casual sexism on the workplace, the drinking and smoking nonstop.
It was just toi damn perfect

it wouldn't be that hard to fake your death (lost at sea/presumed dead, etc) and get some new id

based

I enjoy this show and I haven’t worn a suit since I was 10 years old

Anybody who watches this show would never want to be Don. Nothing about his life is a fantasy.

more like don raper. the guy is a total /pol/ incel.

Mad Men really did a lot for making workplace drinking acceptable again.

Before 9/11 it was a lot easier to falsify information and make accounts based off of that. You could literally just search for dead people and order birth certificates claiming to be them. I only know of the stories of people who were caught, but even in the 90's dudes would leave their families, pick up fake identities, create bank accounts and earn credit and take out debt and do everything with that fake identity, and then only later get caught because their dumb ass sent letters to their past kids or some shit.

Nowadays it's extremely difficult to start a new life under a false identity in the U.S. However, you should know that it's perfectly legal as a single adult male to just change your name legally, move to some other state, and cut off contact with anyone you want. If private investigators ever come looking for you just tell them that you don't want to speak to your family and have no desire to see them. The P.I. will communicate this to your family and that's that. I've done a lot of research into this and am about 70% done cutting off contact with my family and friends before I make the big move to never see them again.

this troper thinks you're epic as fu** and smart as all hell.

If illegal immigrants can get state issued driver's licenses than you can change your fucking identity.

They're allowed to get driver's licenses, Don built an entire life around a stolen identity. To be fair though, he got far because people let him (most importantly, Anna Draper, but also Betty, Burt, Pete, Megan, etc).

A whole year, then?

This. We should all strive to be Pete

This.

One day I'll be the president of the howdy doody fan club

two weeks back an user was saying this show was a feminist fantasy and constantly emasculating males

because the show is both
it caters to both male fantasy and female fantasy

peggy is second most important character in the entire show.

Joan deserved to be raped by her husband

I’m Barack Obama and I’m Don Draper and I’m Ryan Schutt and I’m gay