What films portray LSD/other psychedelics properly...

What films portray LSD/other psychedelics properly? Not the bullshit like DUDE YOU TAKE LSD AND SEE DRAGONS AND JUMP OUT A WINDOW LMAO
Granted it's almost impossible to replicate the experience and a truly authentic one wouldn't be very interesting as movie drama, but I'm still curious. I already know about Taking Woodstock.

Attached: lsd-blotter.jpg (1600x1200, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpWlKCfSPcU
homedepot.com/p/HDX-2-x-1-Gal-Swimming-Pool-Muriatic-Acid-2-Pack-10014HDX/202254527
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that that shitty dimitri martin movie? Anyway fear and loathin in las vegas, where the buffalo roam, alice in wonderland, slacker, repo man, primer, total recall, a scanner darkly. Maybe brazil. Time bandits.

i took this same blotter once around twenty years ago, very good batch

and the answer is fear and loathing but even that's not that great

Attached: 1519631819627.jpg (1920x1200, 186K)

Yeah that's him. I haven't seen the rest of the movie but that scene is very accurate. Nothing crazy happens. He just gets a little psyched when it starts to hit him before he relaxes and sees colors and patterns moving.

Midsommar did it pretty well. You see objects in the background warping and distorting in almost every scene following the initial trip.

it's like groundhog day but instead of looping an entire day it's looping 20 seconds for what feels like thousands of years.

Only NPC retards get thought loops. Intelligent Chads think even more clearly and logically than they normally do.

Not a movie but i think that Roger's lsd trip on mad men is a good example of the instrospective feels that come from acid.

Enter the Void does a decent job with the opening DMT scene

Brain fried cope

None, it's impossible to capture the sensation it gives you through visuals alone. Each person experiences the symptoms in different ways and the only universal constant I've found are visuals, and that's just a byproduct of general synesthesia. No movie has even gotten that bit right either.

Attached: 1439546955186.png (899x856, 605K)

the holy mountain

>muh literalism
you sound like a brainlet. Go watch slacker and primer and where the buffalo roam.

Would you say that a person is not missing out on anything life-changing/mind-opening by not taking psychedelics?

Everyone trips differently

The OP asked
>What films portray LSD/other psychedelics properly?
so he was looking for a literal answer, you are dumb.

You're not missing out. You would reach the same revolution of thought if you simply sat down and thought real hard for an entire day, psychedelics just mute the anxious parts of your mind that make the process difficult. I would say it's a fun thing to do, but the first time you realize something truly horrible about our world you really feel it because there's no filter.

Lmao.

t. Browses Yea Forums and watches anime for 12+ hours a day
>B-b-but at least muh brain isn't fried cause I never did ebil drugs!

I guess fear in loathing in Las vegas.

It was sunshine acid and it was the 70s so it's to the extreme

You and OP are both dumb and also The Wall has yet to be mentioned. Also the daffy duck cartoon duck amuck.

I don't think OP responded to you so how can he be dumb? I can only wonder at the nightmare your entire existence must be.
>The Wall
You are so basic

>durrr the trip cannot be conveyed
>don't watch anything trippy
Watch Duck Amuck

Yes. You can reach similar mental states through meditation but the visual effects, as well as how you perceive music, will never be matched. I'd recommend it at least once.

In my experience the opposite is true, intelligent people seem to fall into distress or loops easier. I think that maybe those types of people identify more with their mind than body so they’re more vulnerable or something

I recommend becoming a tour or festie rat for at least one summer

Climax

here's a random blog post

I once did lsd at a music festival, ended up just sorta sitting down with some rando guys and talking to them for a few hours

All of a sudden when I'm hitting a peak wave it seems like they are saying the word trashcan at an increasing frequency to the point where all they are saying is the word trashcan.

It's been 3 years and I'm still not entire sure if that was all in my head or if they were actually just repeating the word to mess with me while I was fucked up.

>don't watch anything trippy
I never said this and OP wasn't asking for trippy movies, just movies that give a somewhat accurate representation of a trip. Of which there are none. Your mind immediately shit the bed and then started talking about The Wall. Can you read? Or are you just pretending to be retarded? Have you even taken any psychedelics or did you just hear about that movie in study class?

Like I said, basic.

Attached: 1452124726830.png (207x208, 3K)

>of which there are none
>has an autistic fit
Watch duck amuck and go to a phish show

Midsommer did a great job with their mushroom trips

you're ancient cartoon in which silly things happen is not an accurate representation of taking lsd.
Go neck yourself

This

Are you projecting now? I genuinely can't tell if you're retarded or just have no grip on reality.

Watch duck amuck and read gravity's rainbow and go to a phish show
>daffy's cartoon isn't like tripping
t. eats one hit in his room

>projecting
Yes i'm projecting by recommending psychedelic videos and ignoring the "there are none omg" posturing

nice choice

This
My brother-in-law has drug experience and said it was pretty spot-on

Once I did mushrooms and a dab and for like 5-10 minutes the only word I said was "Vietnam." I was capable of saying something else but I thought it would be funny to just say Vietnam over and over. Am I autistic?

lsd doesnt exist anymore
you faggots are taking drugs from the 2C family of chemicals

Attached: 1542572739583.jpg (511x671, 41K)

ooooooh shit you faggot poser stoners just got dabbed on

Okay, I'm gonna take one more crack at this and then leave it be. You can watch some movies that are fun to see on a trip. This does not mean that any of them come anywhere close to portraying what a trip is actually like. If someone were to watch Wizards they wouldn't then know what a trip is like. They would still enjoy the movie on acid because it's trippy, I'm not contesting that, do you see now? What I meant by projecting is that you clearly cannot understand the distinction I am trying to make and thus, are autistic.

AB

SO

LUTELY

You can legally get 1P-LSD from lysergi which is basically 1-1 to the original formula. It just costs way more than just getting cheap acid from a dealer

None that I have seen. It's too much of a feeling instead of dumb visuals to possibly portray properly

Again this is pointless dude. Who gives a shit if some sober loser can't osmos an acid trip from a flick lmao. Slacker and primer are pretty good facimiles of what tripping is like. I don't understand why you're being like this but my assumption is you are probably young and have taken acid like a handful of times and probably never done anything like mix a bunch of drugs together and have out of body and apocalyptic experiences. but really dude calm down either way
>I bet u never even went to a dive bar with 20 bucks and ate drugs before
>because no movie can ever show the nirvana of LSD
cringe

you sound retarded
>you can get it its just hard to get and expensive
>might as well get "cheap acid" even though its not actually acid
not on the street for you retards and it doesnt exist for you retards

Wow what a great post!!! Possibly the best!!! And the first!!! You know what that means???

FP...BP!!! ;/)

I never said it was hard to get. I just said it costs more. You can just order it and it'll get shipped to you.

An actual trip is boring as fuck to watch. The person just mumbles nonsense and is helpless like a baby. You have to be in it to understand it.

It sounds like your friend is just a bitch

No that's quite common. Myself and everyone I know whose taken shrooms has repeated dumb phrases thinking they were hilarious.

The Trip (1967)

It has Jack Nicholson, Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, and Bruce Dern.

right slowed 50% (maybe even more) is the closest thing i can find to it. anyone know what this filter is called. you could slap it over any film and watch it like that and you'd get the idea. except you won't sweat as much and be won't awake for the next 12 hours

Attached: lsd.webm (960x540, 1.77M)

I did LSD after eating some food. The food was shite so I ended up puking while tripping. I fell asleep for most of the trip after that. For like a week afterwards my serotonin was out of whack, leaving me feeling depressed and anxious. Has anyone else felt drained of Serotonin after acid?

For the OP, Mandy and Entee the Void are movies I’ve seen recently with good psychsdelic drug scenes.

>Has anyone else felt drained of Serotonin after acid?
This happens to a lot of people I know. Personally I never got it, but it's not uncommon

that's really good user
gave me anxiety, i could feel hers

Acid doesn't affect your serotonin. It mimics serotonin in the brainb and that produces the effects, but it doesn't change your normal serotonin

I took acid ad had a sorta similar visual experience.
>sweating profusely while you're awake for 12 hours
Yep sounds EXACTLY right.

This isn't what my visuals were like at all

midsommar, mandy, easy rider

Yeah thats a pretty good representation. So is pic related

Attached: 1515503877267.jpg (1536x1152, 282K)

Weird. Remembered this being a gif when I downloaded it. Thought I saved this other gif of a wolf with it's fur wonking out like on acid which I was going to post but I don't have it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

This?

Attached: 7fNqK4s.gif (350x462, 687K)

That's probably it but I feel like it was a different one I saw. Maybe I was tripping when I saw those images who knows

Midsommar has a scene early on where people eat psychedelic mushrooms. its really accurate and got some laughs in my theater

You're right but for whatever reason acid can make you feel a little off or bitchy for a few days after its "out of your system" even if its not currently chemically explainable like with mdma.

This is definitely closer than the one with the woman

My college roommate kept giggling about "the ghosts of hot-dogs past"

neither of these two were close to my acid trip

just tried it a week ago, and it was pretty great. I'd rate it top 3 drug experiences, but I've yet to try shrooms yet. Done coke and a lot of pills though -- never want to try meth but I'm curious

shut the fuck up

yep pretty close to accurate. was going a little fast. in my experience shroom visuals are faster than lsd visuals

to be fair, mine aren't always like this. one of my normie friends loves to drop and watch, no shit, Bladerunner 2049 every time, so something about that movie always causes this visual for me. i've also watched basketball games and it looked like the game was lagging and glitching out the whole time, someone told me it's called "trails"

Yeah everything is just wavy. I was really drunk. When I finally sobered up everything waved for two days and I couldnt sleep. Had one hallucination of a fractal worm from beetle juice. Mainly just stared at carpet patterns. Was at a really cool club in vegas with complicated ligjtshow but the alcohol was more powerful than the lsd.

There's a lot more going on in a trip than which can be portrayed in a singular gif or image, for one. These are just small generalized aspects of the visual side of acid. You'd probably have to take more than one tab to get visuals like the wolf image, anyways and the still image I posted isn't like I remembered.
No recreation of doing acid is ever going to completely get it right because any singular media can only convey so much information.

One time I took like 4 hits of really great acid and 3 grams of pretty good shrooms and just watched TV and the characters faces were ballooning off their head and their necks were warping and I saw everything in the whole room just kind of lightly floating above everything else and like I was under water or something. If you take like 5 or 7 hits of acid or mix it with mushrooms you will start to see trees and buildings winking at you and faces in shadows and sand and shit like a cartoon or something but you have to be willing to throw caution to the wind and go walk around and see stuff that fucked up.

kek that's kind of funny though

Not movies but the music videos for Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun and MGMT's When You Die are actually pretty good visual representations of psychedelics.

fuck that, i had my first bad high recently and it was worse than any physical pain i've ever experienced. now i'm kinda scared to do anything

Attached: ahhpepe.png (536x458, 73K)

It did an okay job. There was really only a couple of effects it employed, real visuals are much more organic and nuanced

The last 10 minutes of Bluebell. Truly excellent computer rendition of what my trip was similar to.

Holy fucking normalfag

easy rider

Fuck off retard.

Go watch more MGMT music videos jackass

I don't know. I'm not a retard so I've never done any drugs.

I dunno man it's pretty cool seeing shifting fractal faces and trees and buildings making gigantic faces at you and how everything looks like thick moving paint or again like a cartoon. You have to do a lot of acid or mix it with boomers tho to get this effect and results may vary. Once when i did a bunch of acid with a friend in the woods near his house it was like the whole forest had stage spotlights. I guess it must have been a full moon bug I swear I was seeing beams of light just lancing through the trees. Another time all the snow everywhere I looked seemed like it had been maybe shot up with paintballs and i asked people I was with if there was a lot of mud. They kept assuring me it was white snow but it looked like someone played paintball mode in a 90s fps across it to me. Later that same night I had fractal mountains spiral off a wall around me and "watched a tiny civilization"(a lot of this was probably closed eye).

Taking a hit or two of acid is lame. I do that to stay awake at a rock and roll show/afterparty tactically if I'm shot.

Why bother answering then?

yea im sure you pull out your test kit (as if you can) and test it to make sure its real
fucking faggot nigger never done lsd get over it

Free country.

Not a film but the episode of Mad Men where Roger takes LSD is accurate

youtube.com/watch?v=GpWlKCfSPcU

Yes, but that's not relevant either

they probably weren't saying trashcan over and over

So?

So why do you announce that you have nothing to offer?

why obsess over what people post on a tibetan alternative spear fishing forum?

Mandy, particularly the scene with Jeremiah Sand monologuing during the home invasion in the pink light.

I could ask you the same question

Free country.

Yes, but that's not relevant either

of course you could
it's a free country after all

>can't legally own acid
>free country

>can't legally own acid
homedepot.com/p/HDX-2-x-1-Gal-Swimming-Pool-Muriatic-Acid-2-Pack-10014HDX/202254527

wow this is painfully accurate link me please if more

>MUH FREEDOMS
lol americans are so dumb

lmfao omg so true imho

What's a good movie for a weed brownie trip?

God bless whoever derailed this junkie thread.

I ate an 1/8th of penis envy I got so fucked up I thought I was god, and then I thought it was just me and my girl for ever and that is all reality was.

You can't physically be an acid junkie really although I have heard stories of wookie dealers eating 40 hits by sunday set just to get high for the fourth day in a row at the festival.

Wait until you grow your own penis envy and eat 40 grams fresh because they're 90% water and no psilocin has degraded away or turned to psilocybin so your liver doesn't have to convert shit. Sporeworks.com and the pf tek method are everything the budding miscroscope enthusiast who wants to research small particles needs to get started ;^) B+ and Burma are also good strains but those cock shaped boomers are outta this world.

Thought loops just mean you haven't taken enough to break through properly. You've only taken just enough to get agitated.

I wish I could get LSD\MDMA.

All I can get is DUDE from being in Colorado.

Attached: 1372619058695.jpg (480x352, 54K)

Go to a bar in denver that has funk bands or to the parking lot of redrocks amphitheater during a hippie or bassnectar concert. Go somewhere the string cheese incident is playing
>I can't find acid in one of the wookiee capitols of the US
yes you 1000% can. Phish is going to play the dick's arena at the end of august. You can go to the parking lot and not even buy a ticket to the concert and get any drug you want.

The anxiety leading up to asking is strong, since I've never really had to 'ask' before with other shit when I was younger, I just stumbled upon it in Iowa where god help the police pull you over weed, you're the next Ted Bundy to them, on that level.

its not exactly a film, but ASAP Rocky's L$D music video did so pretty well

Honestly dude if you walk around a parking lot with 5000 people someone is going to just walk by you and say they have XYZ under their breath. More than a couple of times. Just don't dress like a cop.

panic of needle park

how doesn't this whole thread constitute apology of crime? wtf are mods thinking?

checked
I will try red rocks sometime then, thank you user

Attached: 1373948385163.jpg (743x682, 69K)

@118474364
(You)

Jacob's Ladder kinda

this is closest to my experience so far. i spent most of my trip in the backyard on a pleasant afternoon. when i went inside at night i remember watching the wood grain travel up and down my floorboards.

You might have a serious brain problem. See your doctor.