Write eight books in which the protagonist is constantly ostracized by bigots because he's different

>Write eight books in which the protagonist is constantly ostracized by bigots because he's different.
>Every two paragraphs introduce something with an anti-racist sentiment, make dwarves the Jews of the universe.
>Criticize nationalism, criticize xeno- and homophobia through literaly means.
>The protagonist and his friends are striving for a multicultural, multi-racial society.
>The protagonist is killed by racist bigots while defending racial minorities.
BUuuuuttt muh Yennefer is black!

Attached: the witcher yennifer.jpg (1080x1080, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/vAGN6#selection-5635.0-5635.53
scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/58357/the-ending-of-the-witcher-saga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good point actually
has sapkowski said anything about the casting choices?

He said he approved everything in the series.
But he is not a media person and his son died lately so I think it's low on his list of priorities.

IMO the people complaining are the basest, superficial TW3 fans. Not the people who have read the books. Their biggest problem is the casting for Triss, a literal 3rd tier character in the books. And they mistake dryads for elves, lol.

And it wasn't enough, they HAD to force black people into it.

>a literal 3rd tier character in the books
she'll definitly be more important in the show though
>And they mistake dryads for elves, lol.
I think the dryads we saw in the trailer dont help that
they just look like humans who live in a forest

You can do all of these things without forcing black people into a predominantly historically white setting. That's what Sapkowski did.
But I think it's impossible for amerimutts to even fathom racial prejudice that doesn't involve white people mistreating poor people of color.

>black
She's not black idiots. She even looks white to me. Also has purple eyes which is rare where I'm from (Texas).

No one cares faggot

>Also has purple eyes which is rare where I'm from (Texas)
lmao

He was initially attached to the project but then quit, what do you think?

Hes a grumpy old communist cunt fuck him

Fake news

>hiring women writers to adapt a fantasy series
based

Attached: LOTRwriters .jpg (1024x745, 427K)

>*whistles for low budget horse*
>cuts to quest marker
>*special netflix diversity vision activates*
>"Mhhhmmm... small stabs wounds all over the victim... a Shitskin™ gotta be"
>"Come one, Roach"
>follows camera
>nigger elves appear
>"AYYO HOL' UP U BE SAYING AYYO HOL UP U B SAYIN THAT U SEEEER SUM KINA SHIEEEEET IZ DA PO PO AH HELL NAW GET IM BOIS"
>"shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALALALALALAL *sets shitskin on fire and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and guys guys in half"
>"MMhhhmm.... Niggers™ pretending to be Shitskins™... better tell the women about this"
>"come on roach"
>cuts to village council made out of women
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT NICE MUSCLES"
>"Just some Niggers™ posing as Shitskins™, here's proof *shows torn up job application*
>"OY FUCK ME IN THE PUSSY, HERE'S YA REWARD THE MEN OF THE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drive by of deceit" Complete AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>to be continued

what does the story themes have to do with casting, they are still european peoples

Did you not get the memo? Indians are from Africa now

Reminder to deadbrain niggers like you that 85% of the Witcher fanbase is vidya fags and if it wasn't for CDPR no one outside of plumber land would know of it.
Also reminder, The Witcher is shit and Sapkowski is a hack just like GRRM.

Attached: 20706581.jpg (794x635, 70K)

Is this b8 or are you literally fucking retarded?

>>Criticize homophobia
False. Nobody in Poland likes fags

>she'll definitely be more important in the show
She was in the trailer for 2 seconds, Ciri and Yen are the female leads

So it's basically the same shit as anons REEEEEing at Star Trek if central cast members are non-white humans?

Polish people like gays just fine as long as they are dead and they can rob their grave by passing their accomplishments as their own. Chopin in particular comes to mind.

Are you retarded? It doesn't matter if you are a "real fan" or not, Yennefer and Triss and Fringilla are white and gingers are already rare as they come, there is no reason for niggerfying them.

Kill yourself you freak.

Not even talking about all the SJW shit

>Criticize homophobia
Not really. The characters are disgusted by homos.

Based retard mutt

Main saga is overrated, but short stories are really damn good.

no

She's gonna grow on us.

based nutrek retard

This is not correct, nobody in Poland really cares about gays, they just are, it's not making anyone happy or angry, it's just a thing.

Yeah, I didnt say she'll be a lead
but for some reason she's a fan fvourite and will be treated as such
Also she does play a prominent role ealier in the books
I hope they dont skimp on her having diarrhea and lusting after Geralt

Anybody have that pic of the Polish guys burning the pride rainbow?

Not really? There was only one case of people making fun of a transvestite. On the other hand there is a few tertiary characters that are outright said to be "confirmed bachelors" and characters don't treat them any different.

Let's say you make a 8 books where protagonist, other characters and culture are all African, but in the adaptation you switch up some characters to White....

You would see how Reddit would hate that.

The books in the mid are the most boring shit ever

Doesn't she have the power to magically appear however she wants? Who would ever choose to be shitskin?

>Doesn't she have the power to magically appear however she wants?
no

Philippa and the rapist dyke Mistle aren't tertiary characters.

These things are done by soccer hooligans. They're openly anti-gay, but they're a very insignificant minority which foreign media is blowing out of proportions.

Dude I live here, and I hear homophobic slurs DAILY, especially with how much is being talked about them on TV. I'm scared of going out on dates with my boyfriend sometimes.

You see, thats the point though.
In a world where you can get progrom'd just for having a knife-ear, random characters looking like spawn of demon (from the point of view of "bigoted' farmer) takes away from that tension. Its a bit silly to watch chad Cavill get called freak, monster etc. by the multi-racial crowd of Netflix's wticher series.

To have a tale criticising racism/bigotry, you need a racist/bigot society.

If they wanted to really add some random black people, make it smart! Make them merchants from far nation, make them being attacked by pleb for their skin color and make Geralt save them - fits the narrative and doesnt break the immersion, it actually enforces it.

I refuse to discuss anything with someone who unironically says 'n*ggerfying'

Wasnt that Houston last time?

I'm gay man in Poland. Why you lie?

I'm currently in Wrocław, never had what would be called a homophobic encounter in my life, never was in the closet, my family doesn't really mind and are supportive.
Depends on region, maybe? Or luck.

Ciri is bi and said to like girls more than guys.

Oh shit, you too bro?

If you can magically smooth out a hunchback, I'm pretty sure you can bleach your skin.

Houston is the biggest city in Texas Muhammad

>to like girls more than guys.
It's the other way around.

i am ploand i am cursed with the gay and need helps

Maybe it is, but why change the copypasta?
Also, I would assume muslims would know the biggest cities in US, to know the target.

It's just the usual suspect whining again.

Ain't nothing wrong with sucking dick every once in a while, love getting my tonsils massaged while hot nut hits the back of my throat

It's not a pasta now go enjoy the BBC Nigel

There isn't much to go with, during a con he just mentioned that diverse cast is a given and it's okay because it's a fictional world full of magic.

lmao what a white insecure faggot, its okay to say nigger you baizuo

You want a picture of one (1) guy to prove a point about an entire nation?

Find a car battery and shock yourself before you start raping children.

Attached: homolesters3.jpg (768x1024, 142K)

Clickbait title, the article actually says that most of them were telling him to remove his account and/or to be cautious.

The character is described as pale tho, wich makes sense being some kind of fantasy medieval poland, there are books way more fitting for diverse casts, like asoiaf, just make about essos and there you have It

If you don't even like any of It, why do you still care

Of course that's what they say when caught.

Attached: homolesters.jpg (502x797, 108K)

Attached: burning rainbow.jpg (4256x2832, 3.17M)

The ones who didn't probably did, but the whole point was made by analysing the messages they exchanged. Also the 'child' was set to be a young looking 17 yo, so not really a child honestly.

Star Trek makes sense because its a fucking scifi with aliens and whatnot, of course you will have black and asian people too, but fyi, medieval poland was pretty white looking

This guy was a "soccer fan" (basically gopniks/chavs of Poland) and besides serving time in prisoe has a lifetime ban on participating in sport events, kek.

BURN THEM DOWN, POLAND!

>this guy
There's more than one guy

cant even fucking type a coherent sentence you fucking mongoloid. mind inviting Soviet Union or The Nazi Germany to try again so we dont have to deal with you any longer ?

The rest were just a normal manifestation with a few bad apples.
I literally was there.

The writer fully supports the netflix version and hates the video game version.

Getting invaded would probably be better for Poland economically than whatever next retarded idea the government is going to introduce.

I'm polish and it is blown out of proportion but don't pretend only kibole hate gays. Everyone over 35 does, they just don't really do anything with it beyond being quietly disgusted.

Don’t lump actual American in with liberals

i cant wait until EU fucks that shithole of a continent up so much that Russia gets free pickings. i can only hope US will go back to its roots of isolationism and take our troops back home and ignores that waste of land that would be of more use once radiated.

Yeah the novels sold like shit for a good reason.
Reminder that the franchise is popular around the world exclusively because of the video games.

Russia is already too fucked up

>Polish cities and provinces declare ‘LGBT-free zones’
archive.is/vAGN6#selection-5635.0-5635.53

literally no one has read the books user

Yeah, because he sold the rights for decent money, then they made more than he anticipated and he got mad he could not ask for more, of course he is gonna say fuck the games

>Yeah the novels sold like shit for a good reason.
Sure, they tranlated them to 10+ languages because they "sold like shit".

>they tranlated them to 10+ languages
because of the games

As a Wrocław residing Polack I disagree.
You might not experience it on your daily office - starbucks - shopping centre routine but I fucking dare you to stroll around the city at night with your boyfriend. I give it a few days before you get your ass kicked.
And thats Wrocław, as much of a uni town as it gets in Poland.

so it will be a retard free-for-all, even better, fingers crossed we get pay-per-view

Attached: vice mali soldier.webm (476x268, 2M)

We must own the libs user. We go where the battlefield is.

lmao

I seem to recall that 40-65 age group is actually the most in favour of gay marriage, right after the teenagers, so it seems like it's isolated to one generation.

It's just a novelty sticker that's added to an unpopular magazine, nobody is declaring anything.

>you'll choke to death on 3 pounds of this steel bitch nigga

Attached: images (7).jpg (739x415, 56K)

geralt doesn't really die so....

He dead.
Even if the games were considered canon they don't make a lick of sense in the context of what supposedly happened before them.

>She even looks white to me
Ayy

>here's proof *shows torn up job application*

Attached: 1535420902837.png (768x424, 560K)

The ruling government backs the campaign, you dumb faggot.

the author said he ain't dead tho

They butchered lotr

They have stakes in this particular magazine as they're using it as a propaganda outlet, yes. But it's selling like shit, so they're now adding a bonus sticker to make the next issue more appealing to homophobes with brains of children. Ooh, a shiny sticker!

user... He's dead.

>they didn't read Season of Storms

>Everything is an illusion
That was an illusion.

>t. Geralt
Can't fool me buddy.

>ostracized by bigots because he's different
that's the problem, it doesn't make sense for all the bigotry from books to still exist in the show's setting and apply to literally everything but the race.
are we expected to believe a hollywood-diverse group of villagers with handplaced token racial minorities are going to lynch elves/dwarves, but not touch the minorities among themselves? logically ethnic minorities would get lynched as well.

They were trainslated into a bunch of central/eastern yuro languages long before the games were made and sold pretty well.

Well, part of the problem is that the show's writer wanted to stay "true" to the books. So much so that she changed Dandelion's name to Jaskier to be more true to the source material. Then once the show casts BLACK people to play WHITE characters she looks like a bit of a contradictory bitch.

scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/58357/the-ending-of-the-witcher-saga

apparently people are still arguing to this day

honestly, I never really understood why people hate Witchers so much. Sure, be afraid of them, be disgusted by them, but at the end of the day they provide a service that saves tons of lives and NOBODY else can take the really dangerous monsters. Doesn't really make sense to me

>completely different species is the same concept as different ethnicity

Attached: 1523482857829.png (792x584, 1.01M)

You missed the part where the oppressors are from an entirely different world and many of the oppressed are natives being forced from their ancestral lands.

Someone post the ballsack armor

Pity she didn't translate his name directly into english.

Attached: buttercup.png (204x247, 6K)

Is Nilfgaard portrayed as particularly evil/malicious. So they're an imperial but isn't it more Roman style and simple pure ruthlessness cause it's pragmatic for their goals rather than cartoonish villainy driving their goals?

I love USA.

All these Witcher threads with their teenage edgelord epic racism are the most cringe you can find on Yea Forums outside of Yea Forums.
The problem with the casting of this show is that not a single actor looks like he can pull off their role. Not their ethnicity.

>Baddie soldiers are literal dickheads with scrotum armor
That reads like something a satire/parody film of the fantasy genre akin to Space Balls would do rather than an unironic le so epic and deep decision for a serious tv drama.

>historically
>fantasy
What kind of brain cancer do you have user?

They are pretty evil in terms of war, they kill and pillage most places they come across to make room for their own settlers. Who doesn't get killed gets enslaved. It's very Roman empire like. There are good people on Niilfgaardian side though of course, so when it comes to important people the writing is usually grey instead of black and white.

can't people have purple eyes? even though it's really rare?

it's mostly superstition from country bumpkins in the middle of nowhere who've heard stories about witchers stealing children and defiling their women (which are not completely inaccurate)

Toxic masculinity is the cause of all evils user.

that's the thing the setting is highly european. sanderson put a lot of blacks in his recent books but the setting isn't a euro pastiche and he did it in the actual work not trying to change it later.

But I never read the books and in the games I always side with the humans because fuck elves and fuck niggers

witchers and sorcerers are human, and still they were persecuted.
you also probably have no idea that other other ethnicities already exist in the witcher universe, but logically they are geographically separated, and when they show up on the mainland continent they are faced with the same hostility (see tea and vea)

Argentina is WHIIIITTTTTEEEEE

>Star Trek
Don't call it that

>don't see difference between racism in the books and dissatisfaction in real life that established characteristics of certain characters are changed because Americans will cry out themselves to death
Being in discontempt because white characters are turned into black is not racist and doesn't make you hypocrite because such motives are in the books.

>creates the best movie trilogy in the history of mankind
>butchered
Go back to sneedposting

>non-white
yes
>humans
debatable

The nilfgaardians are pretty ruthless and the king is cartoonishly evil. The dude wants to kidnap and rape his daughter and use her child to take over the world or some such bullshit.

Attached: 1557295437194.png (862x637, 86K)

Or just make one whole nation black. Just have Temerians be played exclusively by nigerian actors or some shit. But I agree, you can't just have a multi-culti world and then make them all be xenophobic against only a certain type of "others".

Moron.

Being gay is fine. If you take it in the ass though you should still kys. Not because you are gay but because you are a beta faggot.

That sounds awful.

Why do people like this crap?

This. People in the Witcher world should love and cherrish Witchers just like Americans love and cherrish Mexicans in the real world.

No one cared about The Witcher until CDPR retard

Historically the fantasy genre (and the witcher in particular) has been predominantly if not exclusively white, you amerimutt with poor reading skills.

I'm german and your lack of imagination when reading books doesn't make a good argument.

>german
That's even worse and still doesn't justify your lack of reading comprehension.

now THIS is shitposting. brava

>I'm german

yikes

Good thing imagination isn't the only thing you need when reading a book.

When a character is described as tall, do you imagine them to be 6ft tall because that's what is most likely considered to be tall by the author, or do you use your "imagination" and picture them as 8ft tall monsters?

Poland is a very ethnically homogenous region and if no description of skin color is given, the only reasonable explanation is that the character looks like every other person in Poland.

The book isn't set in poland though. And even if it were I wouldn't goole what polish "people" look like only so I can imagine stuff according to your autism.

The book was written in Poland, it doesn't take place in Poland

Yennefer is an ugly Jewess (yenta) that was transformed into a white woman by magic.

WHY DOES THIS FANTASY TV SHOW NOT LOOK LIKE MY UNRELATED THIRD WORLD VIDEO GAMES?!?!?!?!

>b-but it's fantasy!!!!
That's a meme and you know it, you can't just take the author's background and biases and discard it completely because it's a fictional setting.

>autism
You're literally admitting to ignorance and dismissing criticism as autism. If you want to reimagine characters through your own experiences and biases go ahead but when you're in charge of adapting books you're opening yourself up to criticism from fans who want a faithful adaptation.

Only one language matters: English. However many translations there are into your monkeyspeak, they're all worth nothing

So the only faithful adaptation would be the one that you are in charge of? And you don't realize that this is a crazy point of view? The fat polish jew himself said that this Netflix shit is fine. And it's his eperience and bias that spawned the whole thing. Is the way he sees his own creation also not faithful because it doesn't look like your headcanon?

Don't the books take place in a fantasy version of poland or nearby which went fantasy + magic due to the conjunction of the spheres or w.e?

Historically the fantasy genre is completely white. Historically there no blacks in the European public consciousness. Historically the blacks have come up with absolutely no cultural myths, they only have WE WUZ and nigger music. Historically nations kick the jews out because the negative aspects start to outweigh the positive.

>So the only faithful adaptation would be the one that you are in charge of?

Of course I'll admit that's the main problem when adapting books, there's no one true version of anything.
But faithful is not a yes or no scenario, if I see something that looks weird I'll accept it if there is a sound explanation for it.

The bottom line is, this show has a "diverse" cast because it's run by americans, with american biases and wants to appeal to the american market. There's no lore explanation why Istredd is black or yen is indian. It's money.

I wanted something different, not completely americanized at least, and I'm not getting it. It's valid criticism.

How this is even an argument? If some book is written in Japan but takes place in fictional world and include all kinds of asian folklore does that mean every character not directly described as asian is brown/black/white? This argument is retarded and in witcher books not white people are specifically mentioned and described, like one dancer who was black, entire town wanted to see her because she was so different.

Nobody has the read the books you fag.

He doesnt give a shit, he wants fucking money, nobody would give a fuck about his books if it wasnt for the games that made it popular in the first place

No. The only real connection to poland is that Nilfgaard is basically Nazi Germany or USSR invading Poland. That's it

>European public consciousness
Doesn't exist Bubba. English aren't Welsh, aren't Catalan, aren't Occitan, aren't Bavarian and so on

I think the issue is there are PoC in The Witcher, they live up North in their literal Wakanda of Povis & Kovir.

The issue with Triss isn't her colour, it's the fact she's suppose to look barely 20 and she's famous for he bright red hair.

The biggest issue with casting is Fringilla, whose suppose to look the near double of Yen, the entire reason Geralt sleeps with her and goes with her is because she reminds him of Yen. Why are the writers allowed to get away with saying "we follow the books not the games", then just change specific details.

>People trying real hard to convince themselves that black Fringilla or Indian Yen that looks the same age as Ciri are just fine
>Same people probably in an uproar when a tanned white guy plays an Egyptian
They're all shitty casting decisions. That's all there is to it.

the games improved on the books in almost every way.

That fact that you completely abandoned your original argument that they somehow ought to be looking polish is all I wanted to hear user. I'm glad we could come to the agreement that amerimutts ruin everything with their profit oriented nigger quotas.

I have. Some were a little too slow and the last one felt like Sapkowski was showing you the middle finger for even bothering with his writing.

those same people deny egyptians were white anyway

Attached: 1550510211419.jpg (1428x1870, 482K)

Yep the first 3 books are easily the best.

I, for one, cannot wait for the Martin Luther King Jr movie with Ryan Gosling as King.

I mean you just have to look at the statues to tell they were white don't you?

I haven't abandoned anything, you didn't even challenge the argument.

If you're asking why I didn't comment on Sapkowski's opinion is because one, his opinion on what is "fine" doesn't have to align with mine for my argument to make sense and two, I'd really like some source on that other than an old quote of him saying that Caville has his blessings because he's talented.

When will Blade be portrayed by a Asian guy?

>They're all shitty casting decisions
This is the only real opinion to have amidst all this trolling and racist outrage. Every single casting decision is awful. Yen looks like a timid little girl, almost grey mouse tier. Geralt looks like a Gigachad instead of a creepy loner autist. Ciri just doesn't look like anything to me really. Triss looks like she is 47 years old. Vilgefortz is played by a persian numale. And as others have said it makes no sense for a diverse world like this to be so xenophobic as the people in the books have been. The only actress that at least has the potential to be decent in her role is Renfri but I'm sure they somehow fucked that up too.

the dna is in

Attached: 1546320094897.jpg (480x720, 45K)

>villain is black
What did Netflix mean by this?

>That's a meme and you know it
What, you trying to pretend that the fantasy genre has always been historically white? Yes, I agree that its stupid to pigeonholed a genre just for the sake of some /pol/-tier hugbox. You have The Witcher in novel and videogame form. If you don't like this adaptation, go make your own.

>If you're asking why I didn't comment on Sapkowski's opinion is because one, his opinion on what is "fine" doesn't have to align with mine for my argument to make sense
But just two posts earlier
>you can't just take the author's background and biases and discard it completely because it's a fictional setting.
Sooooo which matters more retard? The creator of the damn IP, or your personal headcanon of how things "should be"?

>they made Istredd black

Attached: 1540452443252.jpg (839x222, 62K)

if the creator has become a retard and pussy that contradicts what he himself wrote, who cares what they think.

>the mighty white race can't handle seeing black people on screen
What a joke

In essence, it is difficult to disagree with the self-described Marxist philosopher and psychoanalyst Slavoj Zizek, who summarized the current cultural climate adequately when interviewed on the subject: “You can feel this (in the #metoo movement) a big pressure to take revenge- it is a voice of fury, fury and revenge- and this is always bad… Lenin knew all along that the point of revolution is not merely to take revenge (although he certainly utilized the revolution to do so,) however, he also understood persuasive measures other than violence- ‘if we have capitalists who are good organizers, we should use them- offer them another deal …’Here, another authentic grievance, a voice of protest, was appropriated by the bourgeois liberal individualism."

Zizek is correct in his observation of #metoo, yet it is also entirely correct when utilized to critique the fury and discussion occurring around The Witcher. The minority actors hired to fulfil the role of European, Caucasian characters have not been advertised, interviewed, or publicly discussed being chosen due to their acting prowess, love or obsession with the material, and how they plan to be as authentic to the themes and essence of the material. Indeed, the entire television series seems clouded by the ‘bourgeois liberal individualism’ which has permeated throughout North American film and television. Instead of a marketplace of cultural ideas permitting minorities in Western countries to tell their own original stories, these minorities are given the status of ‘underdogs’ who must ‘punch up’ past their own metaphorical cultural weight-class in order to compete with the Western fables and tales of old. Therefore it is perfectly just and applicable in this twisted view to recast the voice actors of The Lion King, or The Little Mermaid, or indeed The Witcher, with minority-casting, done solely to fill this delusional political narrative.

Attached: GeraltTriss.png (1292x788, 123K)

>one of the biggest cuck in the series is black

Or indeed, to change the entire thematic structure of the story to enforce a new radical political and social stance; regardless of whether or not it is applicable to the material; which seems so often maliciously appropriated out of a sense of vengeance and financial gain, rather than the genuine invocation of art and expression.
This sends a dangerous message to non-Western cultures that they must adapt European fables, tales, and folk stories and then recreate these tales with their ‘ethnic twist,’ entirely devoid of the creation and creator’s concept of moralty, expression, emotion, or purpose- the only purpose of such a show is fulfilling a marketing niche designated by a corporation. Furthermore, while it is certainly not suggested here that art, culture, and media should not also generate revenue and profit, the financial success of a show should be a result of authentic intent. If a piece of media seems entirely designed around generating a profit, it is one’s obligation as a consumer of culture to avoid these inauthentic works and fiscally punish production studios and casting agencies, punish writers and generic actors, and signal a desire to financially reward media which generates cultural content. Just as one should be wary if a writers room dedicated to a Japanese franchise dedicated to pontificating philosophical questions, such as Ghost in the Shell or Grave of the Fireflies is in-fact littered with European technocratic ‘social justice warriors,’ one should also be exceptionally wary if the writing staff for a Polish fantasy adventure series which tackles, in various levels of seriousness, poignant issues of organized power structures and how isolated individuals (the Lodge of Sorceresses, rites of succession in society, etc..) is in-fact being staffed by incompetent young and ‘diverse’ writers. The lot of which seem to relish their ignorance of the original material rather than espouse their love for it.

Have we truly entered a realm of culture creation where the primary method of making financially successful material is to cannibalize the West’s past on the altar of diversity? Where writers, actors, and directors are hired not for the content of their character, or their demonstrable care and affection for their work, but instead for the color of the skin? I cannot possibly think of anything more vitriolic, divisive, and racist than to select a popular piece of fiction nestled so neatly in a particular culture, and intentionally sabotage its originality merely for the sake of ‘representation.’

Attached: advertisement.png (925x925, 114K)

>if the creator doesn't have MY back on what I personally prefer then FUCK HIM
and this is why you stay losing

If you don't like it, make your own.

that's correct, fuck him and other pussies like rowling and stephen king - they're just cowards and virtue signalers who want to look good on social media. I respect brandon sanderson for creating unique characters in an interesting way instead of just going "ewww this guy can be black in the movie but not my precious book."

>If you don't like this adaptation, go make your own.
Top argument right here. No criticism allowed, just do it yourself

sapkowski condemned intolerance and xenophobia universally. there was no "oppressor/oppressed" narrative regarding the elves unlike in the trailer. they were shown to be just as racist and prejudiced as humans, maybe even more so as they started the conflict and viewed themselves as genetically superior. we can even see that the wild hunt, also elves, kept human slaves in the books. the only race that doesnt shit on geralt and treat him unfairly are the dwarves.

Attached: gwent.jpg (700x377, 47K)

Those statements aren't contradictory. I can assure you Sapkowski didn't imagine Istredd as african american, but he can think it's "fine" for an american tv show. I don't have to share that opinion. There's plenty of good arguments in this thread why adding PoC without addressing racism/xenophobia is a poor decision.

Its the same argument this board has used for years against the "SJW boogeyman". You can dish it, but can't take it eh?

>I can assure you Sapkowski didn't imagine Istredd as african american, but he can think it's "fine" for an american tv show.
>I don't have to share that opinion.
Then don't bring him up to support your opinion as if invoking his name gives it some kind of authority. He has no problem with the adaptation so your opinion is on its own.

yes: thanks for the money, idiots!

>gingers are already rare as they come
Luckily no gingers were changed in the series, then!

It's like you can't even read.

>medieval poland
Wait, do you think that The Witcher is based in Poland? You realize that the Witcher is informed by Polish (and just about every other European culture's myth) shit but isn't actually set there, right?

That's a bad argument on both sides, you can't just put the Yea Forums hivemind's words in my mouth to make a compelling argument.

You're mixing things up. I brought him for the sake of analysing the source material, because you can't do that without understanding where the author comes from.
Now whether said author is ok with an adaptation that is very loose or poorly executed or maybe he's only saying that to avoid shitting on his own IP that he can make money from doesn't matter.

I'm still waiting on that source by the way.

triss is described as having chestnut hair in the earlier books, which is brown with shades of red but it is also described as flaming red in the lady of the lake. sapkowski obviously intended for her to be a ginger as he even approved the concept art for the games.

Attached: 1563308324428.jpg (800x533, 78K)

unlike in reality, there's nothing inherently wrong with the fantasy races

>which is brown with shades of red
Also known as ''not ginger.''

until you ask to change darker people white

Don't you people always say that non whites don't need to feel represented in media to enjoy it?
Why are you complaining about the exact same thing?

>Now whether said author is ok with an adaptation that is very loose or poorly executed or maybe he's only saying that to avoid shitting on his own IP that he can make money from doesn't matter.
>Doesn't matter
Bitch, it is the only thing that matters because otherwise the adaptations would not be made in the first place. You think all these IPs who have changes made from the noves/games they were based on didn't go through some kind of approval process from the creators before they were given the green light to market to you and I? Again, your personal appraisal of the look of the actors/actresses at this point (the show isn't even out yet) is premature and based on your personal feelings on how the novels should be adapted and thats fine, but they are on their own because that is not the way the show is going. We can debate till we are blue in the face, but it won't change the reality of what we are getting.

Given there are so few renditions of fantasy races portrayed by dark people, yea of course people will be upset. Maybe balance things out first and then we can bitch about it.

>racism
the books have nothing to do with black colour of the skin.
It's about white on white racism and how ridicolous it is.
Whites should stick together.
It's like americans have no idea about european history.

>ignoring the rest of the post

Because that was a cover argument to mask their true feelings of just wanting everything to be catered to them. When you are given special treatment, of course you are not going to care about whats fair for everyone else. Only when things start to become fair for everyone else do you feel slighted, because you don't want true fairness, you want preferential treatment.

Okaying the concept art is irrelevant given that Geralt looks completely different than the books. Link the flaming red quote.

would it not serve better to create new and vibrant fantasy stories though rather than be serviced by a (i think) misguided sense of corporate egalitarianism?

>primary method of making financially successful material is to cannibalize the West’s past
That's the primary method of everything these days. Almost nothing new is created, outside of a few niche technologies, we are just living off of the remains of a once successful civilization that gave up on life.

Those 'fantasy races' are European/White concepts to begin with. Why can't non-Whites make their own?

Yeah that goes without saying. But we were discussing the plausibility of PoC being in the novels because the author didn't specifically say what color their skin was.
A bunch of counter arguments, including mine, were already made in this thread.

I'm not trying to change reality, or at least I'm not deluded into thinking that shitposting here is going to change anything but this place is supposed to be for discussion.

Of course, and hey we're getting there. Given the success of Jordan Peele's films, Crazy Rich Asians and more Hollywood is seeing the profit that more diverse races of actors can bring to the screen. It's only a matter of time, user. At least for these shows that are very obviously baiting, there are the originals to enjoy while you wait for the true good media to pop up.

don't think anybody is complaining why aren't more whiteoids in bollywood or ugandawood

>Why can't non-Whites make their own?
If you had two working brain cells, you would realize that non-Whites have their own. Just because you don't want to look for it doesn't mean it does not exist.

>Goalpost, I move you!

>Main saga is overrated, but short stories are really damn good.

Nowadays TV shows can't be monster of the week stuff anymore, although the whole setup lends itself to Spaghetti Westerns.

New IP's don't tend to sell well. Studios will not bet on them.
>(i think) misguided sense of corporate egalitarianism?
How does this hurt you? At the end of the day the result is that there are non white people on screen yet you people treat it as some sort of apocalyptic occurrence

according to you:
>story is already woke
>bastardize it by blackwashing it
are you sure you're not just preaching to the choir at that point?

>you will never rape a little boy's anus, feeling his tight boipucci tighten across your glans while he's crying for his mommy and daddy
Why live, gay-bros?

>But we were discussing the plausibility of PoC being in the novels because the author didn't specifically say what color their skin was.
Not that user, but that is a ludicrous line of thinking to go down. If the author didn't specify what color or race a character is, then that obviously means they are given imaginative freedom to the reader to put whatever race they wish.

based as fuck

why do you type like such a woman/redditor faggot?

+1

proof?

quintessential american intellectual

>has never seen TCAP or HvP
>doesn't realize that's literally the first step 90% of offenders use when grooming

>then that obviously means they are given imaginative freedom to the reader to put whatever race they wish.
No, doesn't.

Not really if you think about it. I've already said you have to consider the roots of the mithology/folklore the book is based on.

And if that doesn't convince you try explaining how the fictional universe is filled with racial tension and xenophobia but skin color is never mentioned.
Or how the skin color of people from Zerrikania is specified but never anyone else in the northern kingdoms.

Do you think the peasant mob that thinks a guy with white hair and yellow eyes is a monster is going to look at a black person and say "yeah he's one of us"?

proof?

I just remember my first experience with the game being the quest where there is a elf being escorted off to be killed by some guards for murder and you being given the opportunity to investigate. everything before you investigated ended up pointing to her being an innocent victim of bigotry. When you investigate it turns out that she actually did kill them and elves are complete subhumans only fit for the noose. I went back and played the first game and listened to the first 3 books after finishing TW2. Pretty good series overall.

Also you are mental if you think the story had some benevolent politically correct overtone, there were plenty of moments in both the books and in the games that showed that the humans were pretty well justified in their racism. The elves ambushing the caravan of dwarves in the first book is a pretty good example

Attached: 1445744128273.jpg (1200x900, 124K)

>be not a redhead
>not allowed to be upset when they change the race of a redheaded character to black for no reason other than woke leftism
>because representation isn't supposed to matter to you
you're actually one of the worst types of people

Attached: pajamaboi.jpg (908x539, 71K)

>I've already said you have to consider the roots of the mithology/folklore the book is based on.
Well, yea if you are considering the roots of the book, but if you are just giving a piece of fiction to a random person and they read a story where a character has no physical attributes explicitly described to them, they will most likely imagine whatever they want, hence why I said the author has given the reader the imaginative freedom to think up whatever look they want.
>Do you think the peasant mob that thinks a guy with white hair and yellow eyes is a monster is going to look at a black person and say "yeah he's one of us"?
Depends on the history of the setting, user. You are trying to apply real world history to a fictional story that may have a different history behind it, and therefore a different approach to people that in the real world may face harsher discrimination. That is what makes fiction, historical fiction especially, so compelling. It forces us to consider different settings from our own and think about what makes those settings and attitudes exist.

Fascinating. You must have been the ace of your debate club.

You know it doesn't mean that and you're just pretending to be retarded.

I agree to an extent. The imaginative freedom has to be restrained by plausibility like I've said here
To summarize, it's pretty much common sense if you've read all the novels that racism is very real in this setting and if you go by the author's descriptions you have to assume that humans in the northern kingdoms are white.
Or better, they have white skin. Poland sure wasn't white when Hitler invaded.

>Depends on the history of the setting,
In the books it is specifically described when someone from zerrikania appears because it is so out of place from someone like that to be in the north, so what the fuck are you talking about? You know burgerland is not entire world and contrary to the belive no one besides you lives with your race problems so stop using this retarded logic that if some character is not specficially described as some race it means it can by anyone, stop applying this retarded logic to non american author

To any american reading this and getting triggered, please consider that the american cultural hegemony is very strong in the media and even in politics.
What people consider to be racist is very different here in the old world. For example americanizing the only polish piece of media that ever got this much international attention might be considered a bit disrespectful.

> a bit
lol

Nah.

Attached: 1548360125569.png (368x469, 287K)

>try to make your own
>shut down by jewlywood because it doesn't conform
wow

What do witches see in the white wolf? What makes him so attractive to every women he meets?

Attached: tri.jpg (700x869, 151K)

he's the silent brooding chad that is violent but only toward external threats. also he's sterile and immune to diseases, so perfect for casual sex. he's also not intimidated by magic users.

He's the author's self insert.

>try to make your own
>shut down by racistwood because it doesn't conform
wow

>You know burgerland is not entire world
I do, and this is being adapted for burger audiences so it makes sense that certain casting choices would be made to reflect the appearances of the people watching. If this series was being adapted by the chinese, who do you think they would cast user? You just want your cake and to eat it too. Fuck off back to Poland and watch their adaptation of The Witcher.

They can’t control or manipulate him and he’s not intimidated by sorceresses.

>americanizing the only polish piece of media that ever got this much international attention might be considered a bit disrespectful.
Fucking cry me a river. Be glad anyone is fucking interested in your cultures stories enough to adapt them to videogames and television shows worth international attention in the first fucking place before you run to dick ride your high horse.

>You just want your cake and to eat it too
I don't tho, netflix bought the rights so they should have the right to make random people martians on the whim, but I doesn't change the fact I can find it retarded and anyway I was talking purerly about books and assumptions about races if it is not specifically described in non american books and you jump in with tv adapation where I didn't say a sinlge word about it.

I wonder how they will write Yen's obsession with trying to fix her inability to have children without coming off as sexist as that is half her character

>doesn't look slavic at all
What's the problem Hollywood? You don't want Slavs to pirate your movies?

Attached: volkodav.jpg (1000x698, 118K)

>was talking purerly about books and assumptions about races if it is not specifically described in non american books
Well as an American, in my opinion as I said Sure, if you come from a different country they may have a different take, but what point is it to get upset at Americans on an American gun enthusiast board about American opinions on literature?