>trailer here
youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM&feature=youtu.be

Attached: witcher.jpg (320x180, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18353465/r
youtube.com/watch?v=cLZms_s8SEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

based advertiser

I am honestly shocked how bad this looks. I only saw it an hour ago and didn't want to start a thread only to shit on it but good god all mighty I hope everyone trashed this piece of shit trailer when this was released.

wot really

>$0.50 has been deposited on your account

How? Back all that up, user

nobody cares man just post chad seducing that one chick in 2 seconds flat

pretty excited
though that may be a bookreader's bias considering every scene shown was in the books, minus yen's transformation

>hyped is an understatement
this, seething incels need to have sex

Attached: 1553151431680.jpg (1095x335, 138K)

remove the title and it just looks like cheap wannabe GoT

and GoT was garbage in the first place already

>generic colour palette
>hurr durr gray=dark and gritty
>penis armour
>questionable casting choices
>questionable CGI
>terrible dialogue
Wow, it sure looks great.

/hide/

also absolutely garbage and generic soundtrack straight from generator, it's ridiculous how much game ost is better

>that yen and triss

Attached: 1550550636313.jpg (380x380, 168K)

I too hate women

Attached: 1466690418894.jpg (289x424, 93K)

I’m looking forward to it and there’s nothing you guys can do to stop me

Yes that too. I can't believe how many people are saying that it looks good or better than they expected. Did they expect a piece of shit for 2 minutes and 30 seconds?

>Scrotum Nilfgaardian armor
>Triss, even past her race/skin color, isn't even pretty after her magic
>looks cheap but at the same time doesn't
I think this is going to have more budget allocated to CGI because of the striga from the Last Wish which we can see is definitely in and the spider plus all the other monsters we don't see yet. If you look at something like S1-3 of GoT it has way higher set and costume designs than Witcher does.

Triss is so bad it retroactively changed my mind about Yen

>filming the few throwaway lines about Yen's youth as an entire young yennefer storyline instead of using the actual source material that people are excited about
>Triss looks 53 years old
>the Yen actress was cast because she looks so ugly that she can easily pull the ugly young Yen parts off
>all elves are niggers
>Dullest fantasy 101 soundtrack ever

cavill's a cutie. shit's gonna be a cultural phenomenom

based

Why does this look like everyone is just doing a bad cosplay of the witcher

the music is likely placeholder trailer music. At least for their sake's I would hope so.

WOAH

Attached: SOYCUCKED.png (591x803, 58K)

when is this shit out and did they cast Foltest?

This?

Please Henry, abandon Witcher for Wheel of Time. Assert your dominance over the ginger and save it while there's still time.

Attached: 1552247994024.webm (1100x850, 1.77M)

>Niggers everywhere
Why?

it's a 2 minute long trailer you sick-minded asshole

Hol up, who were those women with spears in the woods supposed to be?

I'll be watching it simply cause I'm a huge fan of the genre. However, the trailer doesn't look too appealing.

>racism is so cool!

Attached: 11286600.jpg (470x570, 59K)

probably the dryads in Brokilon forest

>it's a 2 minute long trailer
And it was enough to show that it's garabage.

>Brokilon forest
you had one job

Attached: 1545654176817.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Why did Henry had to be in this? I bet he thought it would be cool to play Geralt but then netflix started casting niggers and pajeets and Henry couldnt backpeddle at that point. Because of his contract.

>They made the Dryads of Brokilon black, so naturally they have to be literal spear-chuckers wearing furs
I'm legitimately offended, you couldn't have just made them black without going for the Wakanda stereotype?

>ballsack armor was not a dream sequence

Attached: 1460257565588.png (450x416, 207K)

cringe

Why is Triss even in this. She had like a chapter at most and it just involved her shitting and puking herself to death with geralt and ciri on a caravan

He's a huge fan of the witcher series

Attached: 4josxshhdgb31.jpg (460x459, 47K)

Armour looks like plastic, sets look like styrofoam, actresses look like poo. Writing will be probably worse.

>10 million views on youtube.
>341k likes to 35k dislikes
Yea Forums incels BTFO

Whit Elves? In MY fantasy show?

No thanks incel

Attached: 1563700329498.png (1156x1396, 1.82M)

He's a chad so he isn't threatened by other races like you

Bots don't count

Um, sweaty? I just spent three hours combing through all of your reddit comments from the past two years, and oof, that's a yikes from me. I literally can't even right now. Oh sweat summer child, you do realize you are making me lose all faith in humanity? I'm literally shaking rn. Lets unpack this. It's almost as if maybe, just maybe, your toxic, problematic behavior towards women is because someone hurt you. Just shut up and listen. It's called being a decent human being, and as a male feminist, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.

Let that sink in.

She's a huge part of the games so they had to include her in a big way, and they also knew they could score easy woke/outrage points by casting her as a middle-aged black woman.

Looks like shit

CORPORATE
PSYCHOLOGICAL
MANIPULATION

shills

I heard if this doesn't do well, it's liable to kill Netflix thanks to the amount of money they've invested. Do the right thing and pirate this shit, if you absolutely have to watch it.

did you want pam pam pampamparam as the OST? Or the lelei lelei le le lelei?

I'm curious about how they choose to portray Triss though. Physical appearance aside, she's a lovestruck little slut who gets wet just thinking about Geralt and humiliates herself in the worst way possible when she needs Geralt to carry her out to the bushes so she can take a shit.

reminder that this is the BETTER part of the footage they picked for the trailer

imagine the rest of this atrocious shitshow

the trailer isn't very good (too generic, doesn't do a good job of introducing people to the series and distinguishing itself)
but the footage has some promise to it and is not all bad, seems like they are staying faithful to the source material for the most part and so I'm not loosing all hope just yet
i just with they took more time to craft a better trailer with some music from the actual soundtrack

Trailer isn't bad though. was Yea Forums wrong?

Attached: 1563635497456.png (979x1458, 1.77M)

Isn't the word used to call triss as Rujia, meaning reddish auburn or redhead, likely with freckles or reddish streaks in the hair. I am not a polish but 1:1 the word matches in Russian. Personally, I don't really care to walk over sly mistranslations, so can anyone confirm?

That smile is just the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.

Attached: 1543888228417.jpg (646x595, 62K)

>>Triss, even past her race/skin color, isn't even pretty after her magic
i mean she is actually allergic to the magic plastic surgery in the books to the point where she can't even fix massive scar on her chest so this makes sense

dark elves exist nigga

it’s all it needs to be

She's supposed to be the youngest of the lodge and look/act like someone in their 20s. Why they made her look older than Yen is beyond me

it is just generic trailer music, nothing to do with the show, people working on the score confirmed it

She'll be the sassy soul sister like all stronk woman nogs on tv.

couldn't name a single actor in it

>seems like they are staying faithful to the source material for the most part
you are delusional or paid

what I learned from this webm that being fashionable is a meme when you're good looking

I mean Henry is wearing the most bland generic early 2000s dad clothes and he still looks great.

probably december
they must have since he's features in one of the first short stories that are adapting

Didn't she get fucked up/burned so badly that her body was unrecognizable and presumed dead? She then comes back looking a lot more attractive?

elves are all portrayed by white actors (casting was announced ages go)
negros in the trailer are dryads

>diversity crap everywhere
>awful CGI
>scrotum armor was real
>big battle is people running at each other on foot like idiots
>all those shit actors

Attached: 1551169482990.jpg (750x747, 86K)

strawpoll.me/18353465/r

Well, it's more that he's just fucking muscular as hell, so he gets probably the most leeway with clothes

>filming the few throwaway lines about Yen's youth as an entire young yennefer storyline
Showrunner wants a young Yen arc for some reason
>all elves are niggers
There wasn't a single elf in the trailer. Those were all Dryads.

Attached: 1541375081185.png (582x151, 18K)

how is that not obvious? when you are good looking your only consideration is "do I want to blend in or do I want to stick out" when it comes to fashion

not really, get a goblin faced muscular incel in the same clothes and no female would find it even half as attractive

looks pretty good

Attached: 098937788939.jpg (704x1024, 289K)

Don't get your panties in a bunch, she'll have a 3-minute flashback scene. I sometimes wonder if polchan can differentiate between "Is this a good series" and "Is this a good adaptation". One does not preclude the other. The series itself may be very good, whilst being a shit adaptation, and the other way around.

Triss is allergic to magic potions, so she can't take Ortolan's elixir which makes mages immune to aging. But she's not immune to magic itself, after the Battle of Sodden her wounds are healed and her scars are removed through magic. So I think in the books, Sapkowski means for the readers to take her apparent age (a relatively young woman, late 20s) at face value, as opposed to the other sorceresses like Yen (who looks the same age but is actually 95) or the wizards like Istredd (who looks like a man in his 30s but is probably around the same age as Yen).

No. They thought some terribly burned corpse was Triss but it was another readheaded witch or something. Triss just had a disgusting huge scar on her chest. That's why she always hides her knockers.

nah, i actually read the books and nearly all of the scenes they've shown are either directly from books or easily identifiable backstories that were hinted at in the books
not talking about the casting choices obviously since the only 2 dark-skinned characters in the entire thing are actually described as very exotic but we live in a literal clown world at this point so there's nothing that can be done about it

Why are the sorceresses so ugly?
It doesn't make any sense, they're supposed to be using a magic spell which makes them look like 10/10s

cont.
Oh, and the scene will basically serve to portray the line from the novels where Yen states that inside each of those beautiful sorceresses is an ugly, spiteful little girl.

>Triss just had a disgusting huge scar on her chest. That's why she always hides her knockers.
They removed the scar, but she's still so self-conscious about the memory that she refuses to wear anything low-cut ever again. Which makes her game costume fucking hilarious.

my dislike was removed from the video
how strange

>Showrunner wants a young Yen arc for some reason
It's a good way to ruin the character.

Doesn't look as bad as we suspected.
The scrotum armor looks better. The dick helmets look like actual sallets and the clothing underneath the scrotum armor looks as it should (Holy Roman Empire inspired). If the officers/knights of Nilfgaard have different armour then it's all fine.
Yens actress passes for white after all that makeup and special effects, so the fact that she's part-curry is fine. I just hope she can portray Yen as the powerful sorceress who owns the room.
Geralts and Ciris casting choices are fantastic.

The worst parts about the series will be:
- Average or less than average dialogue.
- Triss' casting, she looks like an old african lady.
- Vilgefortz casting, why is he a non-white? Passable if they give him a different background than being from Povir. Recommendation: Man who fled Zerrikania due to how they treat men.
- Fringillas casting, why is she an african?
- The Dryads casting, why are they africans?

To be fair, the game takes place several years after the events of the last novel. She simply got over it.

I swore I remember Triss being mentioned as in her 40s

Everybody knows that Yen is a garbage human being. The only way they could ruin her character is if they removed her redemption arc in Vilgefortz rape cave.

Honestly it looks like a low budget poor mans game of thrones.

>voice over mentions elves
>smash cuts to nigger dryads
That makes it worse.

>hyped is an understatement

Attached: Soyboy 48.jpg (394x350, 37K)

the word used in polish is the same we'd use to describe pic rel horse's color

Attached: 149465_kasztanowy_kon_pastwisko.jpg (1920x1200, 837K)

>stunning Yennefer we know and love
How do these women love Yen so much? She is an absolute cunts 93% of the time.

They probably did it to excite africans in western countries about even more "muh representation", so they all go: WE WUZ ELVES IN DA WITCHAH UNIVERS N SHIEET

That looks genuinely terrible in every respect from the bad CGI, the horribly miscast characters, tiny sets, to the terrible costumes and Cavil's wig.

Not excited about it. At least we have the books

well the actress is in her 20s, i have no clue why she looks like a grandma in the trailer tho

It's possible that she is in her 40s and she's just using spells to appear younger, as opposed to the other magic users who have literally halted the aging process.

All of the lodge are super cunts or have some ulterior motives. I'm convinced a lot of these people have only just played TW3

It looks like aborted child of xena and merlin

Yeah it's a pretty odd choice and I can see why it would cause misunderstanding. But I'm 99.9% sure those were actually Dryads and the scene was from when Ciri and Geralt get imprisoned in Brokilon.

You mean the ones where in the fourth one the author no longer gave a shit (which he admitted to) and the last one where he intentionally torched the series and killed off almost everyone, whilst giving them unsatisying ending (this he also admitted to, and years later wrote an alternative ending under the title "Something Begins, Something Ends".

Brokilon dryads are literal xenophobic spear-chuckers

Yen is sort of the inversion of the classic fantasy hero's love interest. He bases his life around her rather than the other way around. She coldly pumps and dumps him rather than the other way around.

>How do these women love Yen so much?
>She is an absolute cunt
Answered your own question.
She's a strong independent woman who on top of not needing no man drives other men to suicide. Why wouldn't women love her?

How stupid can you be? The trailer is FUCKING NARRATED BY A SORCERER AND/OR ELF. Of course they're going to portray themselves as victims.

>penis armour
why don't they make penis armour horses?
that shit could be deadly

Lauren (or whoever's on the far left in the pic) and Jenny (the blonde) are pretty hot though, would definitely smash

>"Something Begins, Something Ends".
he actually wrote that long before finishing the novels

Yeah sorry wasn't clear, she was supposed to look like she was in her 20s but was really somewhere in the 40s if i'm remembering correctly.

Guess it would be a good time to start rereading the books

Didn't Yen choose to look like she's in her late teens?

The Dryads use bows and they don't give a shit about clothing.

Isn't it Istredd, a human wizard from Kovir, giving the voiceover at that point? Why would he give a shit about the clearly fake elven narrative about the elves being the original inhabitants (just ask the Vran and the gnomes how true that is)?

>Vilgefortz casting
Is the bearded guy who talks to Geralt supposed to be Vilgefortz?

Fuck, it did. Wow, he really started to hate the series later on.

No. Google it. Vilgefortz is cast as a literal 100% curry lol

early 20s, but yes. Same as all the other sorceresses.

>the actual source material that people are excited about
kys

Dryads wear clothes just like anyone else. Read the novels instead of basing your knowledge on games. Also, they aren't green, and can easily be mistaken for human females.

reminder that based Cavill is literally oneofus and played all the witcher games, even stating that being able to portray Geralt is like doing another playthrough but without the restrictions of vidya. his Geralt will be kino

you just now realised that? how old are you?

nah, his stories were always about subverting classic narratives
the ending is a good fit

Yeah those are dryads. Wokeness aside, the technical incompetence of the trailer does not inspire confidence.

I swear to God I watched a version of this trailer narrated by a woman.
Also, Istredd is lying. Elves weren't killed off, they were literally bred out. Elvish females found that having children with human males was much, much easier, and started having relationships with them. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, elves got bleached.

Reminder that the author is still butthurt by the games success and doesn't consider it canon

and? put him in "fashion" and he's still ugly.

damn

>fanfiction isn't canon
No shit.

i keep scrubbing the trailer for someone with a plate of armor for his massive cock and balls and i'm beginning to think you guys mean something else

it's SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD (soooo goooood)

And yet his newest novel is a prequel. Guess he didn't want to piss off the games' fans after all.

Looks like shit but maybe that's just the trailer trying to exposit the entire universe to us

I wonder how much he is seething now knowing that triss is main cast from the start which is 100% influenced by games

Attached: 1554765029472.jpg (1108x800, 66K)

The story of the elves is that they got outbred by human migrants who took over their cities and culture. Of course the elves aren't innocent either, they did the same thing to the Vran. I can sort of understand why Netflix wouldn't want to portray this on-screen, they're probably get called alt-right or something.

They in fact are human females with some mind-altering shit from the forest

Triss will probably be a side character for most of the series, and will only come into play around the events of the Battle of Sodden.

i mean the games storyline is really shitty, especially witcher 1 that's just a rehash of random scenes from the short stories and novels and heavily retcons the ending to bring geralt back
of course they are not canon

Yenn chose Ciri and Geralt over the lodge so as far as the sorceresses go she's one of the 'better' ones

you can have them. for me it's the thick one in the red sweater.

>story is written
>game adaption with plenty of ideas and concepts
>huge budget
>cavill is on board

>still fuck it up

how?

No, only part of them. Dryads are separated into two sub-races: those who were naturally born, and those who were transformed by the Waters of Brokillon. The latter never fully develop the skills and powers of "real" dryads.

how do you write a sequel to a story that got a definitive ending though? (without fucking up the original story ach like the games did)

he's the arab son from Marco Polo who plotted against Kublai in season 2

What is their complete relationship?

Attached: 1563672027948.jpg (525x1542, 220K)

why do fantasy novelists even bother providing exposition when they could just go "you know elves? they're like you expect" and move on.

And tried to do the same to the dwarves. And the gnomes.
Also, Ciri travels to a world were the elves are a dominant species, and humanity are slaves who have their tongues cut out.

>Elvish females found that having children with human males was much, much easier, and started having relationships with them.
That's just Avallach's cuck fanfic. He's literally the blacked poster of the witcher world.

>if this doesn't do well, it's liable to kill Netflix thanks to the amount of money they've invested.
I doubt it. they have invested literally 5 billion in new content and this show looks like it cost maybe 80 million, 100 million tops. now way in hell was this more expensive than altered carbon.

He legit is so fucking Chad he doesnt give a fuck about the color, he pounds all colors of stacy.

That was a very underwhelming trailer.
Music was generic, showed like two monsters, just a montage of people giving expositional dialogue, running, walking in slow motion, and close up shots of faces.
There's nothing that caught my attention and said "this is the witcher " as opposed to any other medieval fantasy show. They didn't even show the medallion, fighting/hunting monsters, or magic

No you kys for posting in a Witcher thread if you didn't even like the books. Geralt traveling through the woods with his gang and getting wasted while playing cards every other night was comfy as shit.

Yeah it really is the exact same thing Tolkien did isn't it? Elves dying out is basically the fantasy industry standard.

vaginal, anal and oral.

Literally only Cavill looks good, and even then only marginally. The dialogue is worse than post-Season 4 GOT which leads me to believe that (predictably) the writers are terrible and it's going to be terrible no matter what Cavill does.

About different characters? Or even different witchers? Those of Kaer Morhen aren't the only ones alive. The fate of the other Schools is basically unknown. In an interview Sapkowski even stated that some of those schools are still operational.

Nobody considers them canon

why does netflix send its shills to Yea Forums?

what are they hoping to achieve?

nobody would care about witcher without geralt

jesus christ, nerdcel, have some fucking SEX asap

Writers are bunch of sjw liberals, that's how

Looks like a Fox show

youtube.com/watch?v=cLZms_s8SEc

He unironically understands the series better than most fans. Just listen to him call bullshit on the whole "muh no emotions, muh neutrality" on the panel.

Thank you for your concern, just had it this morning. How does it feel to be wrong?

why are 99% of writers/directors/creatives far-left liberals? this is a serious question. it's just baffling.

Cavill is so great, I could watch him wash windows

Because they're quite literally fanfiction, user.

Said prequels epilogue takes place 105 years after the event of the novel saga. Way after the events of the games.

They aren't , the culture in California forces them to conform to it. Otherwise they wouldn't get funding. Turns out late stage capitalism is cringe

Nepotism. Same reason most are members of the tribe as well.

Not just the females. Male elves started exclusively fucking human women because they were bored of female elves.

Only because he made a bad deal and didn't expect the success of the GOTY

Black Triss....

Hollywood continues its Jihad on Gingers.

Wow ok that's just awful. He sucked in Marco Polo already. How is he supposed to pull off Vilgefortz? The casting director of this show ought to be stoned to death.

This, all the other sorceresses are 80+ year old catty bitches that magic themselves to look like 10/10 20 year olds because of their insecurity. But they still are very wise. Triss is an actual 20 yo and acts like it because while a prodigy herself, she is quite naïve at times, compared to Yen or Philippa.

reach bump limit

>book fags thinking anyone gives a toss about the book lore when it was just some whatever polish nothing franchise till the games came along and made it a phenomenon

the game world is the one people want to see realised. any deviation from it is going to piss the main core of the audience off.

Given that he gave the rights to cuckflix for this mess I dont really care what the author thinks.

It looks like neither as it stands.

i dunno bro
the books are very popular in central and eastern europe
i literally grew up reading them

Triss is in her 30s in the books. A schoolgirl compared to other witches, but still.

u also grew up with a dick in the ass
what's ur point?

he sold the rights very long time ago to polish tv that made a show in 2001 or something
then the rights got sold to another polish company that wanted to develop a movie but they made a dead with netflix to turn it into a series instead
he had nothing to do with it because he sold the rights long time ago

i cant get over henrys beautiful smug look afterwards and the subtle nod. this is the perfect webm

Someone with a more conservatve worldview doesn't choose something artsy or media related as a career.

You right my bad.

Sir pls like share subscribe sir

it looks so incredibly cheap

>Malick
>Based Mel
>Based Clint
>Renner
>Pratt

Attached: QjQBXlxOidAsayP-800x450-noPad.jpg (750x421, 71K)

Sad but true I can confirm.
Finding a Right Wing creative in Hollywood is so rare now, it only ever happens when they shit liquid gold.

how come I did?

>I hope everyone trashed this piece of shit trailer when this was released.
I was hoping so too but a lot of comments I saw from media companies posting the trailer on social media, were all looking forward to it. Even people that said they loved the games. NPC's care too much about liking a thing that might be popular and supporting wokeness, that the few people I saw who said it looked like shit were called trolls or told to stop whining.

Why couldn't HBO make it? Fuck Netflix.

Ciri's visit to the elf world is where she realises the elves are constantly invading new worlds to subjugate them and take the locals as slaves - they're a galactic plague. The elves on the Witcher's world are cut off from the main group and are slowly being pushed out by humanity. On Arthurian Earth (another place Ciri visits) the humans have all but exterminated the pointy-eared scum.

Yen and Triss look awful but the rest has potential. Geralt and Ciri look great and they're the leads. Production values look better than I expected.

Attached: 54ae7504e77ee_-_elle-maya-rudolph-v-elv.jpg (480x720, 62K)

By putting a woman in charge who only has a career because of nepotism and spent more time virtue signaling on Twatter than doing her job.

>It's a "Crew of turbo sjw hack "writers" ripping the fuck out of the source material and diluting it over countless seasons" episode
Atomic buttrage incoming. GOT just fucking finished airing and here you are again, ready to take yet another rotten load all over your face and act surprised when it smells

Attached: Contempuous Bonobo.jpg (572x429, 78K)

Imagine if netflix use this budget to create a berserk series.

They have cavill, they have the money, why the fuck are they making this instea?

The Witcher's world and lore is relatively bland in comparison. The ONLY reason the witcher is in the mainstream's consciousness is because of the third game.

Nobody really remembers the books or the 1st/2nd game other than already established fans of the series so its not going to have any pull for normies so they may as well have just gone with berserk instead and put a GOT level budget behind it.

It would have the chance to be THE best fantasy tv show out there and have the same impact GOT did.

it's not about some conservative left/right bollocks, it's about safety.

no modern company is going to risk being on the "wrong" side of history. having your series butcher history or a franchise by carpet bombing it with progessive sentiment will at worst create a backlash that you can massively profit from, having it labelled as problematic would be a death knell.

the only way to appear fresh and new is to simply ramp up the woke sentiment as there is no freedom to do anything else.

PTA choose this mutto over this, let that sink in

Attached: pta.png (500x683, 361K)

this would be very disappointing if not for henry
he's the only reason i look forward to the show

he's a strange guy

imagine if berserk actually finished

Anyone who doesn't understand that "muh witcher neutrality" is just an excuse Geralt and company like to throw out to try and play both sides and dip out whenever they see things going tits up is just stupid. The third game has characters outright state this just to make sure anyone who's not clear on it after almost thirty years can be brought up to speed.

I do feel bad for Cavil being stuck in this dumpster fire because he genuinely does like the character and the world and understand what they're suppose to be. He deserved an actual Witcher kino.

Yes, and?

>few people I saw who said it looked like shit were called trolls or told to stop whining.
At this point I think this is the main problem, today you can't really not like something because you are incel hater or nazi in some cases, thats why people are excited over everything in the internet.

Attached: 1561686985949.png (498x558, 342K)

Yen looks great, though. People who saw the preview scenes at SDCC also praised her acting in particular.

>They are people who still believe that western adaptation of manga can be anything other than absolute steaming pile of garbage

Attached: 1545768980490.jpg (480x472, 28K)

you seriously want netflix to take a shit on berserk?

The elves are niggers. Niggers, user.

>there are people who still believe that any adaptation of Berserk can be anything other than absolute steaming pile of garbage

Attached: 1549595471432.gif (300x200, 1.14M)

bullshit. If it was done with some actual restraint and vision behind it, it definently could be done.

ie, instead of the dragonslayer being literally the size of a small car, it could just be a meaty as fuck zweihander.

The trick is to take artistic liberties and only do 1:1 adaptions where it fits and works on screen.

To be fair, if the first season will be a success, they'll throw more money at it, and give it more creative freedom. Then they'll be able to move away from "Game of Thrones 2.0" to a more significant degree. Right now they're playing it safe to have a good start.

>restrain
>vision
>netflix
Fool.

Yep, but they fear humans since we are fuck machines, while they are limp-dicked.

he signed up for it before there was a script, he didn't even know anything about who was making it, he just wanted to play geralt.

you can either call that passionate of naive, but poor bloke's paying for it now.

user, at this point this discussion is on the level of
>real communism hasn't been tried yet
Adaptation of various mangas have been tried many times already and 100% of them turned out to be shit, and here we are, talking about fucking netflix after what they did to the death note.

Just let it go user

Attached: 1559425903961.png (728x960, 912K)

She's a witcher groupie. It's heavily implied in the novels she fucked Coen.

The series is going to be huge and he'll make some serious money. I think he's more than okay with "paying" for it.

b-but it could be so good if done in the right hands user!

Attached: wojack.png (205x246, 5K)

>and give it more creative freedom
They've already used their existing creative freedom poorly. If Cavil was an executive producer on the show I'd say more freedom would be a good thing but from the looks of it the only thing keeping the show even vaguely recognizable as a Witcher property is the iconic visual props and character features. With a few minor changes the series would be well into Chinese knockoff territory.

Yeah he obviously got himself into this bullshit, but I'm not going to fault a guy for taking a passion role because he underestimated Netflix and their tricks.

Why not? The author already did.

Attached: new berserk.jpg (1087x1600, 353K)

>harrasing his agents and the showrunners to make sure he gets the role even before it's greenlit
What an absolute chad lad

Attached: 1471374069932.jpg (1462x1462, 107K)

Because you can't get a job in any of those and be openly conservative, and part of being a conservative is standing by your principles unlike liberal faggots

I don't know anyone who wouldn't

I’ve been sending death threats to all the colored actors because I don’t really understand how casting works

The dialogue is cringey and generic, Geralt looks like a fuccboi and nothing like the actual character, and all the dIvErSe pEoPlE oF cOlOuR in a medieval slavic setting breaks all suspension of disbelief. Great job Netflix.

haha

This.
It sucks that netflix is forcing everyone to watch it

Force will be required to get anyone to watch this shit.

based

The book settings aren't even Slavic, though. The Witcher world is fantasy Europe - you can find everything there including Poland, Germany, Bohemia, France, the Balkans, Scandinavia, and even Africa (Zerrikania) and the Islamic Middle East (Ofir). Most of the countries there actually aren't modelled after Slavic countries.

*Rushes to read the books so I can chime in on the new threads that will pop up for this show so I can be a smart ass*

Is there any other way?

You don’t even have to do that. Just look up memes about black people and spam them in the threads

To be honest the books are pretty mediocre.

In essence, it is difficult to disagree with the self-described Marxist philosopher and psychoanalyst Slavoj Zizek, who summarized the current cultural climate adequately when interviewed on the subject: “You can feel this (in the #metoo movement) a big pressure to take revenge- it is a voice of fury, fury and revenge- and this is always bad… Lenin knew all along that the point of revolution is not merely to take revenge (although he certainly utilized the revolution to do so,) however, he also understood persuasive measures other than violence- ‘if we have capitalists who are good organizers, we should use them- offer them another deal …’Here, another authentic grievance, a voice of protest, was appropriated by the bourgeois liberal individualism."

Zizek is correct in his observation of #metoo, yet it is also entirely correct when utilized to critique the fury and discussion occurring around The Witcher. The minority actors hired to fulfil the role of European, Caucasian characters have not been advertised, interviewed, or publicly discussed being chosen due to their acting prowess, love or obsession with the material, and how they plan to be as authentic to the themes and essence of the material. Indeed, the entire television series seems clouded by the ‘bourgeois liberal individualism’ which has permeated throughout North American film and television. Instead of a marketplace of cultural ideas permitting minorities in Western countries to tell their own original stories, these minorities are given the status of ‘underdogs’ who must ‘punch up’ past their own metaphorical cultural weight-class in order to compete with the Western fables and tales of old. Therefore it is perfectly just and applicable in this twisted view to recast the voice actors of The Lion King, or The Little Mermaid, or indeed The Witcher, with minority-casting, done solely to fill this delusional political narrative.

Attached: GeraltTriss.png (1292x788, 123K)

This

I forced through them before the 3rd game. They're bland, shallow, hot garbage

i only like that one ending where geralt and ciri reunited, don't even remember which book it was, 2nd or 3rd

Which would be ok if it was established that the characters were from those areas, but they're stated as being from the bits that aren't analogies to Africa or the Middle East. Fringilla Vigo is Sub Saharan African, despite being a Nilfgaardian and the cousin of the ruler of Toussaint.

They could have came up with some characters from Ofier or Zerrikania to add to the stories, but instead they've just racebended to fill quotas again, despite stating that's exactly what they wouldn't do.

>not just reading the threads and extracting all knowledge and lore through them instead

Exactly. I feel like I'm on reddit with everyone praising this. He's awesome, but cavill is a complete miscast on this one

why niggers though

You are on reddit

To trigger Yea Forums. I guess it worked

Cavill is the one good thig about this shit

there is nothing violent about #metoo, just a bunch of old creepy dudes getting put in jail. slavoj sounds like a pussy, I'm certain women are aware that they do not have any sort of man power and obviously no cavalry to instigate any sort of actual revenge.

>tfw i think it looks ok
more mad about the music than how it looks

Attached: 1557596020457.jpg (3072x2043, 262K)

Sure, but the book description of Geralt is nothing close to Cavill.

really don't think it'll be huge.

Don't need to do that, just briefly skim a wiki and then pretend you know more

he replayed witcher 3 with an ice aard (best) build on death march just to be ready for the show

Racebaiting is free PR.

Yeah they’re nothing extraordinary. You can tell most people here havnt read the books when they cry about the show being about racism, sexism and muh strong women, as if those aren’t huge central themes to the novels.

At least we’ll always have the 10/10 kino games

If you read that post and equated '#metoo = violent women' you need to sniff, rub your nose, and get out of ideology.

Trailer music is always temped in by the post production company. The actually score is still being recorded and 8/10 qt composer has already showed off all the slavic instruments she’s using for the score

Based.

Yeah, if it wasn't for TW2 and TW3, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the books

The books are shit. Nobody gave a fuck about them before the games. They still don't

People here don’t understand this and will continue to link to the trailer and keep a nice buzz going around the project until well after it airs

Why is every character "whisper-talking"?

>toe touch
Oh, you know he sucked those babies clean

The creator said at the panel its because some viewers are sound sensitive and don’t like loud talking

*drops mic
*sips tea

DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH.

Attached: 1517338411263.jpg (600x800, 42K)

>The books are shit. Nobody gave a fuck about them before the games. They still don't
100% true but, netflix is adamant about completely ignoring games and adapting books, but it seems they are completely ignoring both

Attached: 1553806349210.jpg (557x512, 23K)

The game moment to moment writing and stories are A+. Only short stories are great from Sapkowski. Overally games are better than the books series imho. In video games the story isnt that much important compared to quest writing, interactions, C&C, the characters you meet, the world building. And still Assassin of Kings and Hearts of Stone both have fantastic storyline. Honestly show me continuation of the original author story done so well with so much attention to detail like in Witcher series. So many things could go wrong. Adaptation is much easier to do and Netflix probably will fuck it up anyway.

A lot of eastern/central yurop did before the games. Not that anybody cares about eastern/central yurop.

>Jennifer
what the fucking fuck is this thing

Attached: jennifer.png (827x961, 278K)

Wouldn't turning down the volume work just as well?

Before she was a sorceress, she was a crippled ugly piece of shit.

She's supposed to be an ugly hunchback before turning into a mage.

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1554713301964.png (899x568, 73K)

I don't get the feeling of a medieval European setting at all from this trailer.

That’s what the actress actually looks like. The interviews she did a few days are fucking hilarious. Bitch can barely speak clearly

Why did they keep her as an ugly after turning into a mage tho

such a thing never existed. only multi cultural marxist utopias

You'd think by now the entertainment industry would understand what kinds of autists they're trying to appeal to when pushing scifi and fantasy.

A fan asked her that and she said autistic people often don’t want to turn the tv down because it makes them feel excluded

no you don't

Attached: 1563737161882[1].jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

I wish it was more colorful, sick of this grey/brown medieval shit and flappy leather armor like in Vikings, Game of Thrones, Last Kindgom....

>Henry talking about swordplay practice at work and home
>woman just had to chime in that it's creepy

They were still riding the high of GoT before dumb and dumber did s8

>bland generic early 2000s dad clothes
The key to zoomer pussy plus somewhat muscular dad bod

>I could be posting on Yea Forums right now

>10 million views after one day
It will be. It's the second most viewed Netflix trailer in months, after Stranger Things S3.

I kinda like her

Attached: 1539251274509.png (1152x1136, 1.24M)

>I could be playing videogames or hitting the gym right now
FTFY.

Rizhiya? It means ginger in russian, and polish is just discount russian.

I thought Cavill was /ourguy/?

>Zubrowka
The European version is pretty good. Don't know about American.

Is that the quality of the old Sap's writing? No wonder the books never got popular without the video games.

The american version is produced by a distillery that is run by a black family

What's the difference between dryads and elfs in witcher lore? They're generally somewhat similar. Both are forest hippies, but dryads are wilder.

Same in Czech.

Attached: kaštany.jpg (535x529, 212K)

FUCK AMERICANS AND THEIR BELOVED NIGGERS

Attached: lol.png (771x550, 370K)

Everyone is upset about Triss's actress but Yennifer's is the worst to me because I expect more from her character. This bug eyed curry has zero presence or gravitas and could never convincingly command a room. She looks like a fan girl.

Different species. Dryads only produce female offspring and can turn other humanoid females into dryads. They live in forests.
Elves are knife eared niggers who live in the slums where they belong.

Dryads are older; they supposedly populated the Continent even before elves. Elves also weren't forest hippies until they got BTFO by humans.

what is essential chadvill kino?

>Triss being turned into a flaming ginger, having her entire character and personality changed in the games, and in each game on top of that was fine tho

The Comic-Con reactions have actually praised Yen's actress a lot.

Better than being a nigger lol

Yes because the books were shit.

But the games made her into a generic waifu and forced in a shitty love triangle, so it's fine.

That's what was expected of them. You think they have an opinion of their own? Sycophants, the lot.

People will always recognice the characters from the games, because honestly the character design for them especially in Witcher 3 are absolutely top notch. And i dont like how artristically bankrupt the netflix series look, the clothing, environment is very bland. The cinematography is ok, but everything is so lifeless and souless.

I meant normal visitors.

>flashes her a quick grin
>she turns away
>he nods because hes knows hes about to be balls deep in that
ahahah man this guy is great

Fans who paid good money to squee over their idols.

This is a good post.

Attached: so_good.png (659x609, 66K)

Netflix deletes every comment that criticised the race of the actors

good, fuck racists

This "woman" really grates on my nerves. It's like your typical redditor come to life

>tfw no Clare gf
She has the least obnoxious bio AND she's the best looking

Because all the smart right wing men are engineers, architects or businessmen. Unfortunately this has allowed for the left to completely take over entertainment, media and tech industries.