I'd argue that nearly 99.9% of this board watched pic related when they were young. oldest was probably 13-14...

I'd argue that nearly 99.9% of this board watched pic related when they were young. oldest was probably 13-14, with everyone else being younger.

be honest.. all of you thought it was real the first time you watched it.

Attached: 1535250687070.jpg (400x600, 66K)

Alright the "real" documentary stuff where they talked about teens who went missing who's things where found under the foundation of an old house was pretty convincing and i ALMOST fell for it

The first time I watched it was like three years ago when I was in high school, so no

All zoomers should die.

Not at all. I've never believed in any supernatural bullshit. My parents couldn't even sell me on Santa Claus.

The house at the end was the real life Griggs House in MD, it was torn down in 99 after rabid fans kept breaking in.

Attached: griggs.jpg (717x693, 55K)

Then I guess I'm one of the 0.1% and no, considering that I watched it based on its reputation of pioneering the found footage genre I was fully aware it was not real.

Fair opinion, but more than 0.1% of this board are zoomers, so OP is still retarded

The "it's real" hype preceded the actual wide release of the film. By the time that the film came out, it was well-understood in the educated, not-stupid general public that the film was fictional and had benefitted from a very clever media campaign.

t. was a young teenager in 1999, first watched it as a VHS rental, and understood that I was watching fiction (and I've fallen for some other gimmicks tbqh)

I watched it when I was young and didn't get it at all. Then I watched it as an adult and thought it was good

>dude i knew it was fake because i watched it 20 years later! what a shitty film lmao

fuck off

NO, not the GRIGGS house! It was famous before this stupid movie came along!!

I remember jacking it to the Bare Wench Project on late night cinemax as a teenager. Pretty kino for a softcore.

This is skeptic-user. You're a fucking dipshit, I watched it when it was released on VHS.

i dont give a fuck about the house lmao just giving a fun fact for people wondering if the house at the end was real

Attached: griggsplan.jpg (1337x839, 140K)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre's end scene showing the 'real, found police footage' freaked me out a bit. Then I remembered that I'm nowhere fucking near Texas and stopped giving a shit, thought about it for more than 5 seconds and realised that was it was simply loosely based on a real story.

Blair Witch Project never bothered me, but a friend almost pissed himself in fear watching it. I forgot that most people don't watch horror in my country, let alone watching at least one every week like I did back then.

Was it really because you were an educated patrician 13 year old, or because your friends who saw it 6 months earlier in theater told you?

>5th grade, however old you are then
>watch Blair Witch Project with a few classmates
>all of us genuinely thought it was real lost footage
>fast forward 2 days
>time for the class camping trip into the middle of fucking no where in the woods to sleep in tents
>share tent with 3 classmates who all saw Blair Witch
>during the day we went around picking every large mushroom we could find, for no real reason
>as the darkness creeps into the woods, we start remembering the movie
>after a couple of hours of scaring the shit out of eachother, one guy decides that we need to man up, so he comes up with a dare
>everyone has to go one at a time to the creepiest, darkest spot about 10 meters from the tent and stand there as long as possible
>whoever loses has to shove a mushroom up his ass
>one guy ends up standing there for only a few seconds, and has to shove a mushroom with a roughly 5 inch circumference up his ass
>mushroom is surprisingly porous, so when he has it in it starts to disintegrate inside of him
>has to get a teacher to help him pick mushroom out of his ass

And just for the record, the guy shoving the mushroom up his ass is now married to a woman. But the guy who came up with the dare is a flaming homosexual.

Attached: 1410847591771.png (421x500, 151K)

>But the guy who came up with the dare is a flaming homosexual.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Of course we did. It was part of the wild west of the internet at the time where they had fake websites for the movie. It was brilliant marketing. In this information age, it is something that can never be achieved again. Like if the Sixth Sense came out in 2019, it would be spoiled immediately. Unless you live in the woods for years, the age of discovery and wonder in films is over.

What fucking 3rd world country do you live in?

At least 50% of this board is born after 1998 buddy.

Cool story(fiction)

It's scarier if you've seen Curse of the Blair Witch first.

I wanted to believe it was real but my older family members were sceptical. One of my cousins pointed out that the contact phone numbers on the fake missing persons poster started with 555. So by the time I actually saw it, I knew it was fake.

I was twelve when it came out and me and my dad watched the documentary first. He knew it was fake (He remembered Ghostwatch and shit) but didn't tell me

oh yeah I thought it was real, honestly while now I know its fake the memory I have of it still fills me with the wish that a lot of fantastical mystical things along those lines were will.

Attached: 1538711404957.gif (220x190, 1.65M)

I kinda did. I really enjoyed the movie but most of the theatre as well as my friends seemed pretty pissed off about it. It was a super polarizing movie back then, a lot of people absolutely hated it while some loved it.

Didn’t watch it when it came out because I was to young. Just watched it recently and it was enjoyable.

Based

I’ve never seen in

Nope. I watched THIS. The superior version.

Attached: ezgif-2-cef5d355848d (1).webm (480x360, 2.67M)

lol

I was in the eighth grade when it came out and watched it in the kinoplex. I loved in the woods as well, gave me a good scare even after I found out it was fake. The internet was a different place back then.

Lived*

not only this but marble hornets too

I didn’t see it until many years after it came out, but I did watch the Scooby Doo Blair Witch parody on Cartoon Network, which was super comfy.