Now that the dust has settled, what was the point of this episode?

Now that the dust has settled, what was the point of this episode?

Attached: 4334.jpg (1920x1080, 73K)

To make redditors giggle

How else is one to induce a narwhal to bacon?

Bernie would have won btw.

To test new animation technics, I guess.

He did a stupid pointless science experiment to avoid going to family therapy, it wasn't exactly subtle. I don't know how everyone missed the point when it was so readily visible.

sneed

My coworkers insist this show is great. Is it really or is it just unfunny garbage for NPCs?

To set the tone for the miserable humorless episodes of season 3

first season is alright, then it got too self aware

I saw the pilot episode. It was okay from what I remember but I wasn't stoked about it or anything.

the first two seasons are unironically great, but the third was hampered by incompetent female writers

it's alright, inconsistent.

The episode where they remove the toxicity from their personalities and it makes them arguably pretty bad people is probably the best one.

>Rick is a self destructive character
>hides from this with wacky hijinks
>is doing science shit so much no one can talk about it
>his coping mechanisms are finally running dry with his daughter
>their relationship is strained because of it
>A Plot is about this but also an excuse for extended action sequences
>at the end Rick acknowledges his faults
>him and his daughter achieve a new level of understanding
Yea Forums still won't shut up about it because they only saw the "I'm Pickle Rick!" line to justify being mad about Reddit or normal fags.

Attached: 1533299878280.png (500x500, 270K)

>but the third was hampered by incompetent female writers

Has anyone done a study on the rating of tv episodes compared to the sex of the writers? Would be lulzy.

Watch the first two seasons and call it a day, they're too up their ass about plotlines and story but it's not going all the way.

If you like plot stuff watch Venture Brothers, if you want antics go for Sealab or Aqua Teen.

if you like kino watch Mike Tyson Mysteries

Except he doesn't though. They quit therapy and never go back, they won't even address the forced exposition dump while in the car.
The only understanding they come to is that they won't do therapy because they are both cowards

>NPC

Yeah, regurgitate a shitty, played out, meme to show what a free thinking intellectual you are.

its not a new level of understanding, its a continual avoidance through alcoholism

Mind you I saw this episode a year ago, so I'm going over broad strokes. And it's by no means a great episode or profound or anything, it's just that the episode does have a "point", but most people on this board would never know because all they want to do is parrot memes.

spoken like a true NPC

>le wubalubdub man sad
cringe

Really no point, other than to show how awful Beth and Rick are. They both use their intelligence to mistreat others and excuse their own behavior. Not saying I have to like every character but it should at least be funny, and a homicidal pickle is not.

The point was that epic character deconstruction/clapback from the asian self insert therapist

based

I thought this was a "just turn off your brain bro" kind of show, why there is so much character development?

it didn't make them bad as in evil, it just made them unable to lie to themselves or others, which can be bad sometimes. i also thought it was a good episode, since it showed that being toxic in some ways can be good, it's all about moderation

>He didn't get it
Rick and Morty really is for high IQ individuals.

started in s3
first two seasons had SOME character development, but it never really carried over one episode to the next for everyone minus morty

Character development is the antithesis of comedy.
Comedy requires laughing at the foibles of others, which becomes difficult if they learn from their mistakes and go to therapy.
Season 3 was a mess.

The fact that so many of you got triggered by this episode just made it funnier, to me.

Just imagining thousands of fat neckbeards being angry at other's enjoyment....god, the misery makes me absolutely /comfy/.

Stay mad, incels.

dilate

It has one decent joke in the first episode.

Dumb women writers projected their insecurities onto Rick in a show where the drama always had been played for comedy.

To show that rick actually isn't an atheist and he wants to get closer to god, but unable to understand spirituality he does it with science.
And I can mathematicall prove it.
>Jesus walked on water
>pickles are 90% water
>humans are 80% water
>and humans can walk on pickles
>which means humans are 90% jesus
>and 82% pickles
>jesus was 73,8% pickle
>thus turning yourself into a pickle makes you more pickle than jesus
>which means you are closer to god by 35,5%

S1 was good, a bit hit or miss per episode.
S2 was great. The good strongly outweighed the bad.
S3 and onwards had new writers who don't have a single entertaining bone in their body.

the badness of season 3 has changed my opinion of s1-s2.

its over for rick and morty. the network heads now want to make merch money off of it so they are going to tone down the show.

oh look another jerry episode. expect to see more summer episodes. beth and jerry go to a stonecold creamery. more product placement. more tie ins. more parodies of b-class scifi films. its a purge parody morty. its a twilight zone episode! its an episode where rick and morty have fun off screen and describe it (mermaid atlantis world).

its an episode where everyone shits on rick.
an entire season of this.

the problem started immediately. it was supposed to be about rick and morty, and their adventures.

instead its "ok, now we have to write something for jerry to do" "what about beth and summer?" "and more scenes of morty in school!"

>an excuse for extended action sequences
It was this, but in fairness they were good.