Orson Welles: Cringe or Based?

Orson Welles: Cringe or Based?

Attached: a72aa91f2a17286e40e6cebb659ea33c.jpg (500x616, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Woodard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHATS A BASED

haha that boomer meme face. so was that his name Orson Welles. lol stupid name.

In July, peas grow there.

Attached: +_57a3307dffc71c8c382a0954f32b9713.gif (326x314, 19K)

>Orson Welles: See, I believe that it is not true that different races and nations are alike. I’m profoundly convinced that that’s a total lie. I think people are different. Sardinians, for example, have stubby little fingers. Bosnians have short necks.
>Henry Jaglom: Orson, that’s ridiculous.
>Orson Welles: Measure them. Measure them!
pretty based if you ask me

Absolutely based

Orson Welles was also involved in early civil rights issues in the 1940s, he used his radio show to bring national attention to the Patrick Tillman case

umm, yeah that's gonna be a buh-buh-based from me

Orson dated Mexicans like Dolores del Rio and even BLACK women like Billie Holiday

Attached: Dolores_del_Río.jpg (340x453, 20K)

>the Patrick Tillman case
who?

>Patrick Tillman
wut

Attached: the tilldozer.jpg (220x287, 24K)

Oops sorry, I meant Isaac Woodard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Woodard
He was an African American soldier on his way home in the South after WWII
He refused to move to the back of the bus
And so a county sheriff beat him so badly he blinded him

He's literally the father of cinema. Citizen Kane brought narrative structures and the notion of acts to film, and before that they were basically really long vines with no real point.

You may not like him, but we wouldn't be here without him.

Attached: big orwell.png (524x460, 259K)

Yes and always pilled

griffith did that way before welles

jesus christ man, get it together.

Griffith's movies were basically really long campaign ads, not structure stories.

>On November 5, after thirty minutes of deliberation (fifteen according to at least one news report[4]), the jury found Shull not guilty on all charges, despite his admission that he had blinded Woodard. The courtroom broke into applause upon hearing the verdict.[13] The failure to convict Shull was perceived as a political failure by the Truman administration. Shull was never punished, dying in Batesburg, South Carolina on December 27, 1997, at age 95.
jesus that's infuriating

O.W.: I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man.

H.J.: I’ve never understood why. Have you met him?

O.W.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.

H.J.: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.

O.W.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Attached: 661106309.jpg (2400x2400, 713K)

This would make a good film
You could get Gary Sinise back as Truman
End the film with his address to the NAACP
>It is my deep conviction that we have reached a turning point in our country's efforts to guarantee freedom and equality to all our citizens. Recent events in the United States and abroad have made us realize that it is more important today than ever before to insure that all Americans enjoy these rights. When I say all Americans—I mean all Americans.
And then have a montage of African Americans killed in cold blood by police in the past 5 years

what the fuck adum stop embarassing yourself with your ignorance and go fuck a dog already

In a fucked up way it's good that things like that happen, because at least they highlight a problem and the subsequent outrage mobilizes people. Without episodes of momentary excess by authorities (or people with any type of power) the masses will literally acquiesce to anything.

what the fuck are you talking about? you clearly know shit about films.
the first narrative film in a modern sense were cabiria and birth of a nation.
citizen kane isn't even a straight forward narrative. have you even seen it?

based orson exposing 'timid' incels