/trek/ - DATA'S BACK edition

I'm not the biggest Picard fan but the new series looks like it could be the best Star Trek yet - even enough to beat DS9

Attached: Data_with_pipe.jpg (1044x1044, 574K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwhAq3F8NCE
i.imgur.com/FTeylnj.png
i.imgur.com/Gn2yu3Q.png
i.imgur.com/thNaSey.png
i.imgur.com/AOIsgJS.png
i.imgur.com/Xa4pgmI.jpg
strawpoll.com/apz11ccx
youtu.be/KbXy0f0aCN0
youtube.com/watch?v=4_nKmC5oJWE
youtube.com/watch?v=XrZ7E2WC3RI
youtube.com/watch?v=wvbwvnpF8kw
youtube.com/watch?v=7AiSbxZYViE
youtube.com/watch?v=CthW1MgWYuE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: FirstEpisodesRanked.png (1423x1904, 1.91M)

Attached: %FirstSeasonFinalesRanked.png (1423x1904, 1.53M)

Attached: %SecondSeasonPremieresRanked.png (1423x1904, 1.74M)

>Allegedly the character of Data (Brent Spiner) was inspired by many sources. Roddenberry is said to have felt that Spiner's initial portrayal of the character was too human-like, leaving many viewers confused as to Data's exact nature. One of the suggestions put forward by the writing staff would be for Data to make a short "bleep bloop" noise whenever he confirmed an action or produced a computation. Spiner, however, tended to notably vocalize the sound effect much to the annoyance of other cast members. In addition he would make whirring sound effects when moving or just before responding to a question. Eventually it was decided that limiting Data's vocabulary by avoiding the use of contractions was the best way forward. Spiner's original interpretation of the character would become the basis of his performance as the character Lore.

Attached: 1563688453204.jpg (1440x1080, 369K)

Attached: %SecondSeasonFinalesRanked.png (1423x1904, 1.36M)

youtube.com/watch?v=xwhAq3F8NCE

Can anyone think of any Discovery verses for this?
Before you say it's not canon, he added verses for Abrams films.

Attached: 1545665084571.jpg (512x512, 11K)

Attached: Woof.png (896x449, 529K)

It's been confirmed that it is Data and not B4 or Lore in the trailer. We see his body parts in a drawn, and there seems to be damage.

I thought Data's eyes looked weird, and not what we remember. I believe I have the reason for that.

Since we know Hugh is back I watched I, Borg as well as Decent Part I and II. In Decent Part II, Lore is shut down by Data and we really get to see what his eyes do when shut down.

Lore, and Data's Eyes normally
i.imgur.com/FTeylnj.png

Lore half off
i.imgur.com/Gn2yu3Q.png

Lore almost completely off
i.imgur.com/thNaSey.png

Lore Completely off
i.imgur.com/AOIsgJS.png

Now compare Lore's Almost completely off eyes to Data in the trailer
i.imgur.com/Xa4pgmI.jpg

We can certainly conclude that Data is the reverse of Lore's state. Not Completely on.

It also seems clear that Picard goes to Starfleet for help and they turn him down. So he gets a rag-tag crew together. It's clear there is a strong Romulan and Borg Presence. The Romulan vessels around the cube, the Prison is inside the cube based on the assimilation message, and the regeneration ports seen. It's possible Dahj, the girl a Romulan says is the end of all things could be the daughter of Shinzon. Which would explain would she says she feels safe with Picard.

Since this got banned from reddit
strawpoll.com/apz11ccx

I don’t care about VOY, where’s the DS9 shit at in this new shit show?

Season 2 when they are I was gunna come up with a DS9 no one would want to see but I honestly can't think of a bad DS9 character, even lower on the list ones are fucking great god I love DS9 I really hope Picard can compete since nothing else has so far

'chabin bla!! tisbeena minute innit!?
what'd y'all think of dis
youtu.be/KbXy0f0aCN0
also
>the Orville s3 is HULU ONLY
WTF BLA?!
x

>a bad ds9 character
I was gonna say the Grand Nagus or Moogie, but even then they're not around enough to be offensive, personally and they're absolutely supposed to be taken as comic relief.

>not the same poster
DROPPED

Attached: 345345.png (1123x444, 591K)

Thats going to be in a museum, isn't it? like a replica enterprise musem.

Grand Nagus is fun.
Moogie IS awful though, and she drags the show down with her. I wouldn’t be surprised if the first DS9 characters they brought back were Rom as Nagus with his mother pulling the strings, to show how much “better” Ferenginar is under their rule.

unbelievable

Attached: just-in-case-you-didnt-know-today-is-captain-picard-day-social (1).jpg (1500x844, 351K)

Unironically, thats how I expect it to go - Rom was never a great businessman - smart, sure, but no lobes for business where as moogie did. I expect they'd bring back quark or nog first.

this
can't come up with a single one tbqh ngl bla
how can a series be so fucking perfect
x

Ok ok, let's not suck the ghost of DS9's dick too hard...

Nobody cares about DS9.

how do you do, fellow kids

looks about... 25% different..

Realistically nobody cares about VOY either.

Garak in Pickard when???

Attached: aiportraits_1563590937.jpg (512x512, 15K)

I don't know if i'd want him around the entire time, but having him around for a few scenes could be fun. Especially if we get to see him just bullshit his way through an entire conversation like he did with Worf.

>haul out not just Picard but Data and Seven too.
Holy shit CBS must be desperate. Things must be far worse than are generally known.

Imagine being so baseded up you ban this.

>goes warp 9 into your towers

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 10.05.14 AM.png (589x641, 298K)

7 makes sense for a borg Picard thing

>get Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac to cameo on your show
>Stick him in a fish costume so no one even will know its him

What was the reasoning for this

Attached: Mick_Fleetwood.jpg (1080x1080, 718K)

Maybe he smelled like a fish?

They want to get fans back on board so they're shooting for cheap nostalgia points. Everything in the trailer seems like they're going for the same aesthetic and action Trek approach of STD though.

identify this/trek/ personality, /trek/

Attached: aiportraits_1563655093.jpg (512x512, 14K)

He kept asking to eat out of a trough of fish.

>live in a futuristic utopia
>still forced to pray facing the planet with a magic meteorite on it five times a day

THE DATA IN THE TRAILER ISN'T REALLY DATA Q IS PRETENDING TO BE DATA'S GHOST AND IS TRICKING PICARD INTO THINKING HE HAS PSYCHIC POWERS THE REAL DATA IS HAPPILY MARRIED WITH TASHA ON THE ASTRAL PLANE AND THEY HAVE GHOST BABIES TOGETHER

Attached: 1561862409914.webm (360x640, 956K)

Attached: cakerank.png (1500x1864, 1.79M)

Based Bashirfag

Why do they keep bringing the borg back when nothing will ever top this?
youtube.com/watch?v=4_nKmC5oJWE

Ratings.

youtube.com/watch?v=XrZ7E2WC3RI

>This kino af theme
>They actually fired Ron Jones for making the music too good

God I hate nu-borg. Whoever decided to fill borg ships with fog machines and green floodlights should be shot

>seems
That is 100% what they're doing. It will be a shitty ass show with poor, tired fan service, if you could even call it that. Real fan service would be producing a good Star Trek show.

I think Picard is at the holodeck, so that's not the real Data

Why don't the Borg just send emissaries to other races proposing voluntary assimiliation for volunteers in exchange for immortality in Unimatrix and access to all the knowledge they assimiliated?
Just imagine being able to visit every planet they ever encountered, fuck every alien they ever saw, see every wonder of the Galaxy they ever visited,read books and poems by thousands of other races, see infinite art.
It seems like such a little sacrifice for such a reward.
Seriously, I think they should go for this is in any future Star Trek-it would give Borg more complexity.

More excited for mommy Seven.

Attached: star-trek-picard-jeri-ryan-seven-of-nine.jpg (1024x697, 508K)

Am I the only person on Earth who is bothered by DSC's Klingon design?

They fucked up both the fantastic TNG designs AND missed the opportunity to reinvigorate the TOS designs.

Instead they made the design over-complicated, fucked up the heads for no reason, and tore established canon a new asshole for virtually no reason.

Attached: stdklingon.jpg (400x300, 38K)

Where have you been for the last few years?

Staying far away from Trek because of my disappointment in the franchise's direction.

Some place where they call STD "DSC" like the jews want

Literally everyone hates the STD Klingons other than Reddit

>still needing borg implants
sad!

They're still looking pretty perky, I'm sure the bra helps but still

They needed a really tall guy
FM wasn’t doing so hot in the late 80s anyways

The Man Trap is absolutley not the first episode of TOS. Fuck the NBC order, it's nonsensical rubbish. If you wish to exclude the pilots the first episode is The Corbomite Maneuver. It is clearly written and directed in a way as to introduce new characters and concepts to the viewer, characters and concepts you'd already be familiar with with the NBC order bollocks.

>Encounter at Farpoint
>good
>at all

Have they made any attempt to explain this massive change in design?

bashirfaggot?

Is this show cannon or not how do they explain them looking different in the Picard show if Worf exists?

Watch season 2

The show is made by people who don't even like Star Trek, why would they try to explain any continuity fuck ups?

Are you talking about the hair?

why would anyone do that

Attached: content.png (1000x556, 41K)

"No!"

Star Trek: Discovery really picks up in season 2.

Remember when an interdimensional pedophile convinced Wesley to join him?

Holy overanalysis, Batman. It's an obvious throwaway dream sequence if I ever saw one. At no point in this short series are Picard and Data going to sit down and play poker in the real world. Data's dead and won't be coming back to play a bloody hand of poker.

Lazy Jews at least they attempted to give explanations on why Klingons look in TOS then the rest of the shows.

Fuck you, there are six of us

her tits look good for being 50

Seven of mine

It's the premise that looks shit to me. I wanted Admiral Picard visiting various ships and crews, but instead we've got "the chosen one".

Why are the writers so incapable of coming up with any story other than:
>BIG WEAPON/EVENT THAT WILL DESTROY THE FEDERATION/UNIVERSE!!!!!!!

Attached: Space Shows.png (1234x581, 739K)

all of the anime shows on this list need to be together below satanic tier and call it anime tier

Attached: 1563651239242.jpg (2288x861, 507K)

>Holy overanalysis, Batman
Superman is the only Trek-approved capeshit but otherwise you are correct
Either a dream or Alzheimer's

Attached: 1793665-slingshot.jpg (288x384, 144K)

>Lexx

>Being anything other than in a tier of its own

You are NOT a romantic warrior of the Brunnen G. You did NOT die a glorious death.

Please just let Trek die. This is a fate worse than death.

Attached: 1535576919502.jpg (275x276, 12K)

I dont want the game to end,

Because no one is coming with ideas, they just use the same ones over and over again. Creative thinking, bad. Using old ideas, good.

Touche

Say what you will, Islam will likely be the last human religion to go.

why does every single american cartoon look like the same thing now

innovation bad, cookie cutter good

Maybe they should start accepting external scripts again.

Because that kind of design is easily replicable in Toon Boom.

LOOK AT ME MORTY IM STAR TREK TRIIIIICK

Anyone got any good star trek memes? Preferably TNG

Attached: starTrekMeme.jpg (842x1434, 120K)

Attached: 1549596807273.jpg (680x510, 84K)

Attached: dOl7JsOjEsW9Ei4Q2O8s268XKk8_.jpg (480x270, 22K)

Attached: starTrekeMeme1.jpg (573x534, 54K)

Attached: 688354.gif (480x360, 2.21M)

Attached: Port-Bow.jpg (961x721, 122K)

but Data isn't dead, we see that at the end of Nemesis

Commander, tell me about your sexual organs.

Attached: aiportraits_1563730529.jpg (512x512, 12K)

brb going to five guys

Flash

Why is the fucking Amelia Earhart episode in god tier that one is fucking terrible

>JJ Abrams nostalgia trek fails
>tv series based on nostalgia trek fails
>studio executives: what do we do gentlemen?
>hmm... what if we... brought back... Picard?

Guess who's back, back again
Data's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back
Guess who's back...
I've created an android, ‘cause nobody wants to
See OftenWrong no more, they want Data, I'm chopped liver
Well, if you want Data, this is what I'll give ya
A little bit of weed mixed with some hard liquor
Some vodka that'll jump start my heart quicker
Than a shock when I get shocked at the hospital
By Crusher when I'm not co-operating
When I'm rocking the table while she's operating (Hey!)
You waited this long, now stop debating
‘Cause I'm back, I'm on the rag and ovulating
I know that you got a job, Ms. Soong
But your husband's heart problem's complicating
So the Starfleet won't let me be
Or let me be me, so let me see
They try to shut me down on Fed TV
But it feels so empty without me
So, come on and dip, bum on your lips
Fuck that! Cum on your lips and some on your tits
And get ready, ‘cause this shit's about to get heavy
I just settled all my lawsuits—fuck you, Geordi!

those first two aren't star trek

Why

Best vulcan

Attached: tuvok.jpg (692x530, 59K)

Its pretty consistently depicted in Star Trek that humans have given up their religions
Rodenberry did not like religion and several stories written under his direction depict aliens manipulating religious beliefs to trick humans

"Because they could." is the only reason I have ever heard them give.

That shit ain' logical nigga

No. They don't think they have to because the people that care about the changes are not the people they're targeting.

As JMS said regarding Babylon 5 this is a pretty ridiculous notion that in ~200 years people will just give up practices that have been around for 2000+ years

And so Babylon 5 does have religion. Commander Sinclair was a Jesuit, Lt Commander Ivonova was Jewish, Doctor Franklin practiced a new age religion established after alien existence was confirmed, a group of monks set up shop on the station, during the EarthAlliance war an interfaith peace group visited the station with messages from family members on Earth, etc

But Star Trek has been pretty consistent on its position regarding religion so should respect that and not try to retcon

they need an antagonist

data's not suppose to age

but she is shit
she is everything wrong with studio meddling
she was brought in to amp up the T&A factor

>we have to make our version unique and special because we are not hampered or impeded by what has come before us because we are free and creative spirits
or whatever sort of "liberal" (I am an anarcho syndicalist so I can tell you these people are not liberal) clap trap propels them

>god tier: TNG
serious nostalgia goggles dude
like the entire first two seasons were utter garbage
it only survived because of the slavish devotion of trekkies
it got good later but it is not god tier

Well, in Trek the world pretty much ended. WW3 would have been a huge wake up call. If God exists, why would he allow nuclear holocaust? It makes sense that after an event like that, the survivors' worldview would be irrevocably changed.

the show was garbage but he was good in it
apparently he was full method actor on the set and the creators hated him arguing with them and their dumb ideas and that's why he rarely got to do anything

the show is insane for the amount of infighting that went on

Only if they bring back one more person.

Attached: captains.jpg (912x1109, 112K)

Please bring back Aunty Handy.

>Hey baby, you know race-mixing is much more common in the 24th century. So how about we hit the bar and let me get you some tuliberry wine.

>the creators vs Garrett Wang
>the creators vs Tim Russ
>Kate Mulgrew vs Jeri Ryan
>Robert Beltran trying to get himself fired
Am I missing anything?

I wonder if alien alcohol is considered haram.

>Meth vs Jennifer Lien

Attached: 55ee3a63043e31cb4a059c20ce6aed23.jpg (600x442, 25K)

>garrett wang narrowly avoiding getting sacked because he ended up on a list of the most attractive men of the year
Voyager was such a fucking trainwreck

and it was so BORING

Attached: 1547168234274.jpg (2255x1814, 416K)

these trek memes are weak af. post memes that will give me this reaction.

Attached: starTrekMeme2.gif (400x293, 470K)

she old

Have picard and 7 of 9 ever met before? It's kind of obvious to put them together since they're both former borgs

Attached: 1547384386110.jpg (718x718, 206K)

is that a fucking cat?

How about YOU be creative and contribute, hm?

7 of 9 is still a borg.

We're not your trained monkeys

you tell him, brah!

Attached: 50837892_1967584826868966_8979357332387847106_n.jpg (1080x786, 54K)

I like the gif of picard looking at a picture of his own penis, but I ain't got it saved.

helpful

Season two wasn't entirely garbage. There were even a couple of decent episodes in season one. They were significantly weaker overall than later seasons though.

There a Five Lights

3 layers of clothes and you can still see those glorious puppies, thank god for Mummy Ryan

Attached: TT.jpg (625x469, 39K)

It's made by people who think "subverting expectations" is good writing.

she cute

Oh god what the fuck is this shit

Attached: 581b0be53c85e843af497f7d3e66228327fcf65f9f6ebd7cf59dc52d96f2a1d0.jpg (466x350, 36K)

It's been a long road

Nickelodeon Trek

fanart

Attached: startrekgenerations08.jpg (640x360, 16K)

how about they subvert my expectation that this will be an anti-Trump pro-immigrant screed about boring white men being replaced

getting from there to here

It's been a long time

Are trekkies more likely to be pedos or is it a myth?

A reporter wrote about a police guy saying it one time in one article, so I'd say it's just about indisputable.

because the staff are full of diversity hires so instead of 10 creative people you get 2 creative people, 5 women, and three minorities

It just fits, you know...

>Am I the only person on Earth who is bothered by DSC's Klingon design?
Yes, you are literally only person on Earth

My vague recollection is that the Klingons were.supposed to be fucking around with GM a lot at the time, which accounts for both the changes TOS -> TNG and now also -> DSC.

But as other posters have pointed out, the real reason is "Have sex, incel"

Did Geordi ever...you know?

Attached: BREATHES THROUGH NOSE.jpg (475x363, 33K)

cringe

The magistrate has accused you of pedophilia. You have already been found guilty. You may freely confess to your crime.

Attached: Makbar.jpg (621x471, 29K)

The problem is Enterprise explained that by linking TNG klingons to TOS. Maybe this show will explain why they look so weird now, but I doubt it.

Why are trek fans such dweebs?
Not trying to be mean but Jesus Christ, what a bunch of nit picking, insecure, autistic, anti social, creepy, introverted dorks.

Obviously they'll just have Worf look like this.
No different from when DS9 had the TOS Klingon trio be turtle heads.

Attached: 1550405185030.png (896x714, 946K)

Why ask the question when you know he didn't?

Deactivate Data and Fuck him?
Yes

Attached: 1553623586699.png (1023x767, 1.26M)

go back to /swg/ or /got/

Is there actually a canon connection between earth Rome and the Romulans?

not that I know of, but since TOS had no problem with making Greco-Roman gods into aliens I suppose it is possible

I know she's old as fuck now but I'd still smash.

no

post pics

She's only 51. MILF of Nine

>Not trying to be mean
yes you are

it's funny and all but it seems a little improbable it would be solely trek at the absolute exclusion of all other sci fi franchises, plus he didn't have a single fact to back that up.

I mean they could just give him hair, it's not like his makeup was consistent even in TNG

Easiest answer is that ancient Romulans visited ancient Rome, then left

The source was the Toronto Police Department.

Neat.

>Legends of the Galactic Hero's god tier

Based and Trekpilled

Attached: 1544385353820.jpg (640x480, 36K)

They already said this is supposed to be a very funny comedy like rick and morty not even joking

He was a fucking CHAD

youtube.com/watch?v=wvbwvnpF8kw

Attached: 1496184669291.jpg (601x436, 36K)

>If God exists, why would he allow nuclear holocaust?
Because he gave people free will and if they blew up the planet it is their own fault.

Are those bunk beds along a curved hallway?

>an anti-Trump pro-immigrant screed about boring white men being replaced
Yep, that's my exact expectation for this. It didn't help to hear that Patrick Stewart reportedly loved the storyline, as he's a massive leftie.

God sounds like an asshole

Attached: truth.gif (540x300, 2.92M)

>The reboots are going very badly for CBS, far worse than is generally known. The board members believe that defeat is inevitable. Within six months, we may have no choice but to surrender.
>Are you saying that all this may be a result of Kurtzman's arrival here?
>One more show will make no difference in the here and now, but fourteen years ago one more show could have stopped this war before it started.

Attached: Let's make sure....jpg (1280x720, 30K)

shit bait please stop

>That rushed to shit klingon war wrap up
>God tier
Yeah, fuck off with this shit.

VOY was often dumb af but it rarely was boring imo. Most episodes follow an engaging storytelling flow, which is the reason I came to appreciate it during a recent rewatch.

This board is basically shills shilling at shills at this point.

You're asking for a miracle.

/trek/ is back baBY!

Attached: 1547967390312.jpg (720x1280, 161K)

god tier and good tier aren't star treks, lad

I like your comments on the different eye colors being related to its working state. Maybe this is the crippling made by Soong.
It is possible that the limitation on Data are, then removed. Perhaps this is because of the emotion circuit. Or the emotion circuit was some hack La Forge made that enabled disabled section on Data that were still there.

Its all just going to keep getting worse as the drag the corpse around huh?

Attached: 1524437807657.png (566x509, 263K)

I have to say this is creative as cosplay, kudos to her; who knows, Troi wore that mysterious uniform until she was called on it.

PICARD: Yes. Come. ...Yes, Counselor. Is there something I can do for you?
TROI: I've come to see if there's anything I can do for you.
PICARD: Oh, it's just Hollywood ...You never saw any shows by Kurtzman, did you?
(Picard opens a CBS ALL ACCESS)
TROI: No.
PICARD: Star Trek Discovery. ...So opinionated. So pompous and arrogant. Michael Burnham always had to have the last word. But it mellowed a little bit in the last few years. I was going to watch Season 2 for Captain Pike next month. I thought he'd helm a new series. I'd always wanted to see him Captain the Enterprise...
TROI: Pike? Oh, your favorite character...
PICARD: He's so unlike Michael Burnham. He's canonical. Imaginative. Oh so, very humane...
TROI: What's happened?
PICARD: Kurtzman...he....he's doing a new Picard series.
TROI: I'm sorry.
PICARD: That's all right, Counselor. These things happen.
TROI: Captain, it's not all right.
PICARD: I can't help keep thinking about ...about all the experiences that Pike is not going to have. Not discovering new worlds, solving diplomatic challenges and meeting new cultures, building a fanbase and...restoring the fans love ...Well, it's not going to happen now.
TROI: I didn't realise he meant so much to you.
PICARD: I'd come to feel that Pike was as close as I would get to having real Star Trek.
TROI: Star Trek is very important to you, isn't it?
PICARD: Right. Oh, ...from being a small child, I can remember being told about all the Captains. Garrett who fought at Narendra 3. Kirk who saved the Earth multiple times. Archer who captained the first Warp 5 ship. When TNG ended, I....
TROI: ...You felt it was no longer your responsibility to carry on the Star Trek line.
PICARD: Right. Yes. That's it exactly. You know, Counselor, Recently I've become very much aware that there are fewer days ahead than there are behind. ...But I took comfort from the fact that ...the legacy would live on in others. But now there'll be a Kurtzman Picard.

Attached: NuSeries.gif (386x388, 2.15M)

Sorry Anons...I did the best I could. Maybe someone could clean up the end....The first half reads well.

Attached: Damar and Kanar.gif (370x277, 479K)

youre fucking retarded if you think that shit will be good

its made by literally the same people who made std

Is that a guy or a girl in the webm? For uhh research purposes what's it from?

Attached: 1528159744806.png (710x577, 30K)

All Klingon design changes were explained with some bullshit, so I am going to make my own.
There was more variety during the Discovery era; but for whatever reason only one race ends on Klingon Spacefleet (does it have a name? I don't remember).
The additional details are a problem in sequels. Somehow, the ships on Enterprise look more futuristic than the TOS ones. Again, I activated headcanon to explain it away through a minimalist design era.
But yes, STD ruined it all, not showing the Constitution ships as it was done in all prior series (think the Defiant in ENT mirror episodes).

why is data old?

Reminder that DS9 will never be raped in the same way every other part of trek will be simply because it never entered the zeitgeist

What's the deal with (((Hollywood))) reviving everything from the '90s instead of making new stuff?

Then Dukat will always be based and not wrong.

They've been on a really hard 80's nostalgia trip not the 90s

>getting worse as the drag the

just a regular trekkie

Attached: Just Trek Voyager.jpg (670x377, 67K)

Please forgive, english not first language.

Attached: 1551725476144.jpg (1920x1077, 245K)

>jumps on the anti-disco bandwagon
yeah, yeah, blah blah blah.

his programming is to simulate ageing to not freak out the humans around him who fear death.

forgive given

Attached: Capture.png (680x575, 737K)

Guys I'm truly terrified to watch this shit. I loved TNG and VOY and seeing them both get raped at the same time is making me very angry. I just know they are going to fuck it up and inject SJW anf forced feminism bullshit into it. No doubt 7 will get BLACKED too. And Stewart is a walking corpse who can barely read lines anymore. He should sick to reading wacky lines on American Dad and stay away from serious acting. Please stop destroying the few things I enjoyed in my life. I just want 7 and the borg queen kissing. Please ;_;

Attached: ughh.jpg (616x650, 49K)

>Things must be far worse than are generally known.

I got the reference, nice

>SJW anf forced feminism
>anf
user, I...

it's just a show, dude. chillax

picard is not a captain?

Attached: Trog22.png (3000x3000, 457K)

>Why would an android get fat?

Attached: 1563694545689.jpg (250x196, 4K)

Because Data wanted to experience what it feels like to be an old schlub

>even enough to beat DS9
lol

Attached: Star Trek Television Series Ranking.png (1480x1126, 169K)

Why would a borg age

>Reminder that DS9 will never be raped in the same way every other part of trek will be simply because it never entered the zeitgeist

Attached: 1563741233612.jpg (3000x3000, 661K)

It got raped in the documentary

based stoolen frog

the one with bash?

So are we exicted for picard or nerviously aprehensive?

tabla x

you made this explicitly to piss of /trek/ didn't you

maybe

Attached: woke.png (1300x650, 634K)

>TNG designs
Those Klingons first showed up in The Motion Picture, so did the TNG theme tune.

youtube.com/watch?v=7AiSbxZYViE

Attached: 1481575257-klingon2[1].png (480x704, 547K)

It will suck massively.

You can quote me on this.

>yt vid a source
embarrassing

How come I had to look for this because it was not posted yet?

Attached: 6f6d8b6dbb83ea1a85c98e95840db8bc.jpg (398x505, 41K)

the empire are famously incompetent.

I got something more powerful than you could ever imagine
youtube.com/watch?v=CthW1MgWYuE

I wonder if it means Voyager will get remastered in HD before DS9?

Fuck off zoomer

Try actually watching the movie you zoomer cocksucker.

Attached: Zoomer soyboy.png (461x394, 64K)

PROMENADE

Attached: prom.jpg (315x273, 14K)

there will be no remastered versions and you'll just have to rewatch ds9 as is, for the 78th time.

Spam is bad.

This meme has seen it's prime come and go.

BASED
A
S
E
D

post clip of him saying it

why 7 of 9? why data?
it should have been gul dukat and o'brien

Attached: Cardassian_helmsman,_2370.jpg (751x896, 379K)

You can tell a civilization is dead when its art becomes endless rehashing.

7 of 9 is milf and data is the most iconic char save pick, so ther ya go, fren

Attached: 1528809536161.jpg (655x527, 66K)

Based and Cardiepilled.

Attached: Dabs on your bridge.png (1076x536, 664K)

this
DUCKING THIS
they are never going back to ds9 realm, we have to do it ourselves trek
who's with me? I say we work on a compelling story line based on the books written after the events of ds9 took place
and start our pitching tour starting with a place like hbo

the effort
+1

>Gul Dukat returns from pah wraith hell
This story gotta be made real.

No matter how many characters they bring back it will never feel like watching it did back in the 90s, and I will never be happy again.

the sound effects were to be added in post but spinner did them on set cause he hated data and wanted to get fired

False-flag.

What does that even mean
This is NOT true
with better technology, we can make it better than what we enjoyed in the 90s

yeah!
let's all do our very bestest!

Attached: 1495400401656.png (1172x675, 54K)

Pretending to be more cringeworthy than you actually are.

>I will never be happy again.
That's not star trek's fault, user.

*beeb bop*

Well, we could at least start a GoFundMe or change.org petition ffs

and cuddle up together and hug!

Attached: 1547758602388.png (746x512, 99K)

STOP IT

Trekkies? No.
/trek/ posters? You bet your ass.

/trek/ should change to /dreck/

Cringe

Star Trek Picard is going to be shit
Star Trek Ricky & Morty is going to be shit

Of course she's naked for her mug shot

Attached: ds9434.jpg (640x553, 47K)

>Too many silicon chips!

>BACK IN MYYYYY DAY...
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

>Spam is bad.
If the seal's intact it should be fine.

Attached: Spam-Can.jpg (1063x1043, 269K)

lol

Attached: 006198d879f83a3cc2b71426e72d6133--star-trek-cosplay-ivy.jpg (638x960, 78K)

Are you fucking retarded
>no even tv lighting and typical Star Fleet decor, just modern scifi bullshit that all looks the same
>le special girl who needs to be protected
>girl first 3 guys with karate moves outside of Starfleet HQ
>BORG...AGAIN
>bridge of the ship at the end of a hallway for some reason, like they didn't have the budget to build and actual bridge set

>I say we work on a compelling story line based on the books written after the events of ds9 took place
I just threw up in my mouth a little

Will any Farscape characters show up in Picard?

They spent their entire budget on the STD inspired designs which they had to scrap.

How about Andromeda characters?

Attached: Trance009.jpg (300x373, 20K)

>DSC
It's STD.

Sadly there are no other place except here and 8/strek/ where people are critical of JJ and the Kurtzmanverse. Most Trek forums and fan sites are full of CBS shills.

a bit too jewey

>CBS shills.
i.e. most of the media-consuming public.

gross

Haven't most Trek forums started banning people for being critical of STD?

Attached: americans.png (1028x785, 756K)

Attached: obrian.jpg (693x800, 103K)

Still true. Normies far outnumber the autists.

>tfw you will never strangle and fuck mirror Ezri while Ezri watches

Attached: 1535584753807.png (901x1032, 772K)

Started? That's been going on for a while now friend-o?

Attached: Khan-game.jpg (358x828, 145K)

That's what I've heard. Some forums even wanted to ban all discussions related to The Orville.

>why 7 of 9?
It's not even 7 of 9 as she was in VOY, she seems to have turned into 7 of Quips.

Attached: STD fan (2).png (588x133, 16K)

I love it when the show exposes Worf as a wannabe Klingon. It gives him depth.

>Am I the only person on Earth who is bothered by DSC's Klingon design?

Attached: yrthhjg.jpg (480x360, 24K)

What do we know about the Picard series so far? Are we hopeful or will it be trash?

Attached: 1559575005726.png (329x445, 208K)

It's going to be shit.

A mishmash of SJW talking points via heavy-handed metaphors. It will be complete shit that will put the final nails in the coffin of the original canon. The producers are going to piss in your mouth and laugh while you beg for more.

>hopeful

Attached: gE1rsxo3uo1_250.gif (230x250, 1.88M)

Species 8472. They legitimately had planet killers.

>What do we know about the Picard series so far?
Old man Picard must protect a young girl who is the most important thing in the galaxy... or something like that with a touch of "refugees welcome".
There's no exploration, no going boldly somewhere.

The Star Trek Movie Klingon theme song was so fucking awesome.

Oooh myyyy!!!

>that Ron Jones score

Attached: normal_st2-twok-dc-0090.jpg (540x226, 23K)

I always liked Trance Gemini myself.

>black woman captain

Pass. Too forced.

go wash your mouth then

>std not terrible tier at the least

hello CBS.

>utopian post scarcity spacefaring future.
>these people have met with entity's like Q and now they are not gods.
>but hey, muslims still excist and hijabs are still a thing because even several hundred years in the future the indoctrination that woman are property is still alive and well in the muslim community.

I wish these lefties and libfags would read up on the actuall background of trek.

>All of these Never-Watch-STD fags excited of Picard STD

Attached: Seinfeld.png (1200x670, 814K)

Attached: 1563688348932.png (3588x3596, 1.13M)

bleached

>tfw you live long enough to see Star Trek turn into CalArts Trek

Attached: 1547799605823.png (775x581, 705K)

Reading this has made me a better person

The real reason is that the trek IP is split up in 2 big camps right now because of legal reasons and the movies and STD show cant legaly use the older designs, the work around is slightly changing it.
And then we end up with the new trek movies and STD.

thank you anons, im a better person for having read this

>The real reason
Muh conspiracy theories! They're lying to us because reasons!

always liked horner's theme the most

Bake new bread

>ends up being the most honorable Klingon and saves the empire several times
Yep. Americans.

>conspiracy theories
Isnt this common knowledge?
Trek is split up because of toyrights and some other bullshit.
The toyrights are tied in to the older movies and shows, so the new movies and shows cant use the old designs because they are too close to the toyright designs.
Thats why the klingons, the enterprise, even the uniforms look different.

based

so were before he overthrows gowron right now, I guess.

Ah so this is why roddenberry wanted star trek to be an atheist utopia

>that creepy interview where he talks on the kids

cal arts

Midnight's Edge is shit

>Who cares, Gene? Soulless corporate takeovers are something that happen to franchises every day. Uh, here's something that's never happened before: I'm a pickle. I'm Pickle Treeeeeeeeeek!

CBS has total ownership of all Star Trek's IP that was on television.

Paramount licenses IP from CBS, but CBS retains overall ownership.

> STD show cant legaly use the older designs
They legally can, but they choose not to as a creative decision.

The writers vs the producers