This was top kino

This was top kino

Attached: images-7.jpg (600x900, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eqmjWCk36C8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it? I assumed reddit would like it. If you're telling me that's not the case I might watch it,

indeed.

Didn't realise he wrote for the day today and alan partridge too, makes sense though

solid 7/10, tries too hard at times

Yeah. Shame the writer/director has become a spineless establishment insider since he moved to America.

Attached: czxczxc.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Well done dark comedy. I enjoyed it.

Just watch it. It's kino and relatable because its basically a movie about jannies tearing each other apart once a mod dies

i had no idea he wrote for alan partridge, but now you mention it some of the humor lines up. 10/10 great kino

Not worth the risk.

I think its one of the best movies Ive seen in the past decade. Iannucci is the guy behind The Thick of It and Veep and Death of Stalin is that kind of brand of political comedy but the thing that put it over the top for me was the deep seeded darkness underneath it all. Somebody called it the 'banality of evil'. Its captured here. Kind of like Brazil in a way. Little people get steamrolled by the machine while those at the top argue over who has to do the funeral arrangements. I think its great. cant recommend it enough.

Good movie
Bad comedy

in what way?

Also The Thick of It (top top top tier comedy kino) and there was an old show called Saturday Night Armistice which was a bit like The Daily Show iirc.

>people on reddit have never liked the same things as people on Yea Forums
>if anyone posts that they like something on reddit I automatically hate it, therefore I hate literally everything

>everyone forgets the Armando Ianucci show again
youtu.be/eqmjWCk36C8

He made his career criticising existing ways of doing politics, government, but then when an actual unconventional figure came along in the UK in the form of Jeremy Corbyn, he started trashing him. I'm not a huge fan of Corbyn, but he has been smeared so much that you end up feeling sorry for him. The baseless anti-Semitism smear for example. And with someone like Iannucci, from a generation that was very left-wing and seemed to be calling out for an alternative, to see them jumping on the bandwagon against Corbyn has been unbelievable and disillusioning. How many times did Iannucci make jabs at Blairites, only to start actively cooperating with the Blairite and Tory media strategy when he had some money in his pocket and friends in high places? He has no credibility at all. I don't get why he'd do this because he was very well respected by all, and in political comedy, having integrity is vital. I guess he doesn't care much about that anymore.

Corbyn has the leadership capabilities of a dead lemming and is on the fence on every issue. People on the left are probably more frustrated with him than the people who don't like his politics

I agree totally but to go from being anti-establishment comedian to all of a sudden following a tabloid smear campaign against him and his party (the anti-Semitism stuff) tells you all you need to know about him. A complete chancer.

I thought it was a smear campaign at first, but lords and MPs have been resigning over it so maybe it is a real issue after all

From this Britbong's point of view he turned out to be another 'centrist moderate' that is more comfortable criticising the left than the right and too often plays the 'oh, I'm more interested in American politics now' card when confronted with a lot of Tory shit.

inB4 fuck off to /pol/

Attached: 1485450202990.gif (670x666, 816K)

Is VEEP any good?

Iannucci is a liberal, so he doesn't have a problem with the system as Corbyn does, he just believes the Tories (now) and the Blairites (then) were "just doing it wrong", and some variety of level headed , technocratic benevolent capitalism will solve all of society's problems

Balls. I'm in my early 50s and have been voting Labour since the late 1980s. I'm not frustrated with Corbyn at all. I'm more frustrated with people who only became politicised through a centrist New Labour and the late 1990s and 2000s and whilst the actual left had to hold their nose throughout a Blairite government because it was better than another decade of Tories. Now the shoe is on the other foot, 'moderates', 'centrists' and various 'friends of Israel' groups (a right wing Israel at that) are all throwing their toys out of their prams because they think the Labour party is theirs.

Couldn't agree more.

t. reddit, fuck off

>Not worth the risk.
What the fuck does that mean?

>benevolent capitalism

I've not seen it in my life time. I doubt any Britbong on this board has seen it in their life time or every had the opportunity to vote for it, or ever will.

There have been independent enquiries into it. There isn't an issue with anti-Semitism in the party. The resignations are a sign of party infighting. The right-wing vs the left-wing of the party. People get suspended from the party for merely pointing out that the anti-Semitism stuff is bullshit, and Corbyn can't do shit about it because he doesn't control the parliamentary party.

Hahaha. That should have been a film review synopsis. More relatable and accessible than the brief backgrounds on the latter Stalin years that followed this film. Maybe more people would have seen it.

well, my point exactly

I guess that might be it. It does still see really snake-ish of him to be cooperating with those he thought were "doing it wrong" in order to shoo away someone who, whether they're likely or not to succeed, wants to have a crack at doing it differently/better. It still seems more likely to me that, upon finding a place within the ranks of the media establishment, he just so happened to change his views.

There's always been independent studies on this across all the mainstream political parties. Labour have always done well under these studies, certainly better than the Tories or right wing fringe groups. Historically, Labour *was* always seen as the anti-racist party.

Also, some of the protagonists/antagonists in this like Luciana Berger are just serial complainers. Luciana Berger before politics proper was high up in the Student Union but left because of anti-semitism. Complained about anti-semitism under New Labour (before going into politics) but suddenly shut up about it after becoming 'friends' with Blair's son.

Margaret Hodge covered up a paedo ring in Islington whilst she was council leader and Corbyn called her out on it by Corbyn and others.

The vast majority of the party figures screaming about anti-semitism are all factional members who were against Corbyn from the beginning. Even before Corbyn came leader they were trying to get him out. Coups, elections, etc have not worked but anti-semetism seems to have got traction and so they won't let go til he's gone. The media are complicit as they loathe Corbyn, hence you don't hear anything about the Islamophobia, anti-semitism from anywhere else.

Before Iannucci everyone used to say the same thing about Ben Elton (Blackadder writer), who was regarded as a massive sell-out after he toned down his leftwing views once he made it big

>The baseless anti-Semitism smear for example
Lol it's not baseless. Labour are realiant on the Muslim vote, hate Israel, and hate capitalism. You think they're gonna start waving the Star of David around any time soon?

WHO INVITED THE FUCKING BISHOPS?!!

You’re all on the list.

>Iannucci is a liberal
This. He was a liberal democrat when making The Thick of It. He gave the lib dems such a thrashing in season 4 because he felt betrayed that they'd joined forces with the Tories.

You can disagree with Israel's policy on Palestine without being anti-semitic. It seems like these two are being purposefully equated by a lot of people

The left of the party criticise what the Israeli state does -- not the Jewish people, and they're very careful about that. Find examples to the contrary if you can.

>Yea Forums
Not worth watching a movie that could be reddit just because one user thinks it's good.

They criticise Israel because their support depends on Muslims who hate Israel and the Jews. Israel also represents American interests in the Middle East, therefore capitalist interest there, which Jews are stereotypically linked with too. It all builds up into a nice big Jew-hating pie. They are obviously those who aren't anti-semitic, and those who are are not going to broadcast it, but the facts do not line up with saying "Labour is not anti-semitic".

Yeah, I think I had heard something like that. Edgy political comedy guy becomes novelist. My mum has all his books.

The facts are that they represent a lot of Muslims, but they do so without being anti-Semitic themselves, and are extraordinarily careful about that. If they weren't, you might be able to find evidence to the contrary. All I can find is the Ken Livingstone comment about at some point Hitler supporting the Zionist cause. Do you have anything else?

I endorse any film that depicts russians as dumb subhuman animals they are, so this also gets my vote. Great job, Anglos.

I agree that they are careful about it, I said that they would never broadcast it. But you can't have a party dependant on Muslim votes (and filed with Muslim members) that isn't anti-semitic.

Muhammad was an Arab, i.e. a semite.

Shame all our Muslims are Pakistanis then

Nah, it's boring, unfunny, not witty, and visually drab

My point is that you’re perpetuating a jewish lie

Are you wearing pajamas?

fucking kek

>bad comedy

uwot

if you liked Death of stalin and the thick of it, you will like it. It's the similar type of humour.

Not as good as In The Loop, but still pretty good.

This. I love Ianucci but he become a house nigger since he left the UK.

Attached: 1539530853408.jpg (2529x1377, 228K)

The fact that Jeffrey Tambor got photoshopped out of the promotional material of the film once the sexual harassment allegations started appearing was absolute peak irony. I really hope the people doing the advertising saw the hilarity of the situation.

Attached: stalin alone remains.png (1182x897, 589K)

The jokes are few and too far apart
It feels more like a docudrama with some comedy sprinkled in

>NNNOOOO, COMMUNISM IS GOOD

Attached: soy 2.png (231x218, 9K)