Saw that Fear the Walking Dead has reached the mid-season finale, and am hesitantly considering catching up on it...

Saw that Fear the Walking Dead has reached the mid-season finale, and am hesitantly considering catching up on it. First, can anyone without spoilers tell me if this show's still choking on as much fat dick as it did in Season 4? If so, I'll spare myself the marathon cringe-fest.

Attached: morgan-jones.jpg (600x500, 88K)

we were the Fear the Walking Dead all along.

Alicia no mthfkrs

I mean is the show still all faggy and sentimental with all the characters inexplicably taking on the temperament of superheroes in a kid's cartoon? I heard Salazar and even Dwight are returning, but I can't imagine the Season 4 writers not just fucking both characters up catastrophically.

>season 4
Please tell me nobody actually watched that garbage past the second season. I wont pretend like TWD was anything amazing, but it least it had okay characters, interesting scenarios, a somewhat real sense of end of the world survival, oh yeah, and fucking zombies.

The show was never great and basically maintained its core flaws throughout, but it actually peaked in Season 3. By then, Fear had basically hit a good rhythm of having entertaining enough dialogue-writing/acting to where it was fun to watch, in spite of its overall campiness and nonsensical plot/character development.

Creative control changed hands in Season 4, though. It's literally about Morgan reverting to his TWD Season 5 self with no good explanation and going around Texas acting like a complete fag with the two or three characters from the Seasons 1–3 who weren't arbitrarily killed off to clear out plot-space for this world's shittiest reboot.

What I'm wanting to know is if this next-level gayness has continued. I suspect it has, but on the off-chance the writers realized their mistakes and got their act together, I'd probably give it a last chance.

its worse. but its only 40 minutes a week and i like garrett dillahunt so whatever.

There is people who watch this shit ?
I dropped the show when that chick got blacked. I think that was the first or second episode
Lmao they even have that annoying nigger from the other even shittier show

>it worse.
As hard as it is for me to imagine what that even looks like, that's pretty much what I expected to hear. We live in a deeply flawed world when people with as obviously little self-awareness as Chambliss and Goldberg are able to be successful in anything they attempt, let alone something as lucrative as television.

That reboot is so weird. Why did they remove the latino element, that was actually getting kinda good and replace it with -Walking around red neck states 2:Electric boogaloo.

Chambliss and Goldberg were allegedly brought in to save the show from declining ratings (needless to say, the ratings have tanked significantly further under their command). I can just imagine that early staff meeting where they say, "Well, there's your problem. Who can keep even up with the story when you've gotta read all those subtitles?"

It's also super weird that all the folks in Texas they meet act like naïve children, while meanwhile there are hordes of heavily-armed marauders around every corner in Virginia.

They should have kept Nick at least, Alicia is the only thing left from the original show and shes shes not even the main character . Black samurai dude sucks ass and whats with all the hope and peace shit in a zombie show ???.

Season 5 has been terrible, everyone is following Morgan in his retarded we must walk the earth and save people mission.

They've managed to make a nuclear meltdown boring and the B-plot is them repairing a crashed airplane to fly them away because ALL the roads are down!

Show still has a few cuties around though.

Attached: Bailey Gavulic 1.jpg (1080x1350, 476K)

Nick's actor reportedly was tired of being on the show, and had announced Season 4 would be his last even before the Chambliss/Goldberg were given the show, so unfortunately that was a foregone conclusion either way. But yeah, the "hope and peace" shit is ruining everything, I can't even imagine how retarded a person would have to be to actually write that stuff and think it's going to be well-received by anybody.

Just watched the first 15 of episode 1, and you all are definitely right, this is somehow shaping up to be even worse than last year. Rage-quitting for good.

Guess you cant have a strong male character who leads through force ,manipulation or simple competence anymore. He has to be basedboi even if he is black.

Whats the odds on Alicia going back to The 100? I know she died but weirder shit has happened on that show.

Attached: Eliza-Taylor-and-Alycia-Debnam-Carey-Lesbian-Scene-The-100.jpg (640x360, 212K)

My wife and I are watching season 4 right now, and we are enjoying it.

We skipped Season 3 because it was horrible.

Season 2 was pretty bad.

I mean, there are tons and tons of stupid things in season 4. Nothing really makes sense at any point. But its still fun to watch.

why do people like season 3? thats when i dropped it. the dad was dead and the show sucked ass.

this. fucking this.

what irks me though is even though morgan and the new season 4 characters are far more interesting than the surviving original cast, is that the original cast are basically all dead.

why did we have to watch then?! did it have no point at all? they just died? is that normal for a show? it just goes nowhere and then the show has all new characters?

I mean technically they did this in TWD as well now that rick and his son are gone. the whole watch was for nothing. that pisses me off.

I honestly forgot FTWD was a thing. I don't see it mentioned much, if at all on the sites I frequent.

Same. Tried to watch it when I was super bored but dropped it right when Alicia showed up to save those retarded kids.

yeah im watching ftwd because of dwight appearance in there

Dropped at the end of season 1. It was cheap and boring as fuck.
Watched an episode yesterday because I had to watch random shit on Prime Videos to get a -15$ coupon on Amazon. It was season 4 with Morgan, the cowboy and the van girl. Not bad at all.
I'm wondering like op if it worth it watching the rest from the start...

Yeah, that was the moment I knew there wasn't any hope. She actually made her fucking season debut with a cheesy superhero catchphrase.

I wish I could stay with it to see that, but it's just too painful. They'll probably fuck his character up anyway. I heard Salazar also returns this season, and there's really just no way the current writers are capable of portraying a character like his.

Season 3 to me was the point at which the show finally hit its stride. Like you pretty much finally knew what you were watching after the awkward first two seasons that seemed like they were struggling to set a context. The story was utter fucking nonsense, but it was nonsense in a really fun campy sort of way, and the dialogue was actually really well-written/acted delivery-wise despite the underlying absurdity of what it often conveyed. Season 3 made me go, "Alright, I get it, this show is never going to have a compelling dramatic narrative, that's just not what it's about. It's about constantly walking this fine line between morbidity and absurdity (i.e., Troy's character, literal Indian braves besieging a frontier ranch, a thriving post-apocalyptic Mexican drug trade), where any random bullshit can just happen at any time, but it's going to be fun every step of the way."

Season 4 took all of that away, and made all the shit that was already bad about the show much, much worse.

lmao

Attached: 1561049119239[1].webm (640x360, 2.75M)

That's the stupidest thing I've ever fucking seen on Yea Forums

Oh no.

The only reason that Jap burned the Kyoto studio is because he'd never seen FTWD Season 5. History could have turned out so much better.

Season 4 actually had a misleadingly-strong opener, but it nosedives quicker than you imagine.

If you want to make it fun, drink a shot every time any character in Season 4 says, "I've got a lot to make up for."

>I wish I could stay with it to see that, but it's just too painful. They'll probably fuck his character up anyway. I heard Salazar also returns this season, and there's really just no way the current writers are capable of portraying a character like his.
im kinda disappointed too when i watch twd s9 they literally give dwight's comic arc to daryl, at this point i hope they give him dwight comic death afterall they've done to my favorite comic character

That...holy shit I think I blocked it from my mind. Don't get the point of his character at all, we already have the black dude as calming force.

Attached: 1393511747692.gif (691x546, 1.48M)

Wait what?

it sounds like you just gave up on season 3 and accepted its clown world level absurdity as entertaining. interesting. i can see how going from that to an almost reboot for season 4 would be disappointing. honest i dropped season 3 because it was unbelievably shit though.

Why would they make a spinoff with the absolute worst character and actor from Twd?

They actually brought him on in S3 to try to salvage the show.

Instead he made it even worse

Prefer this dood in Jericho, better TV show too
Muh Zombies

Huh? Morgan didn't appear in Season 3 at all, he showed up abruptly and usurped main character-status right at the start of Season 4. Unless I've just misunderstood what you guys are talking about.

But you're definitely right about him making it worse.

Man, why is this show still going?

Oh shit, Hawkins is in this show?