Expanse Season 4

Stop posting capeshit you fucking fags. Space Kino is coming.

youtube.com/watch?v=9LrZiNOvp_c

Attached: murtry.jpg (1600x1067, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kNIim3xqsEU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ivej0OW7WZk
youtube.com/watch?v=_WFLUhSym80
youtube.com/watch?v=_XUXJo1q3Ew
twitter.com/TheExpanseLives/status/1152696814983946242
youtube.com/watch?v=iNjobkmzaOY
youtube.com/watch?v=RPZmBoySjFg
youtube.com/watch?v=sbWmzoL4FwM&list=OLAK5uy_meE3zDn7NOGKVmmNCfYF-QFGUOWKkQX28&index=20&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=hSNO0mB01aw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no belter goth gf to crush your balls

Why even live?

Attached: drummer.jpg (566x633, 35K)

i canteven remember what happened in s3 anymore.

pretty kino casting for mutry desu, will they finish the cibola burn plot in this season or will it span only part of the book like previous seasons ?

Where was it filmed? Iceland?

speed-limiting space-bubble and 0.33g

They will finish it this season. They're also adding a Mars plot with Bobby and Avasarala from book 5 I think. Or maybe it's from one of the side novels, not really sure but the entirety of book 4 will be done in 10 episodes.

Me either, nothing that matters plot-wise at least

And how in the fuck does that bitch with a voice deeper than 99% of men get acting gigs? She is not a good actor, not at all, and she'd have to be the best ever because her voice is so damn grating and distracting

There needs to be a recap special. I don't remember shit, and it's not worth a rewatch.

>nothing that matters plot-wise at least
I mean, they opened a bunch of gates that led them to other habitable worlds but sure, nothing happened.

Attached: 91dd0e8d6475380c97863c728f5fdbb8c7f8eff0970dd28c1dceeec90d54ad70.gif (498x479, 294K)

The show isn't coming out till december. I'm pretty sure they're gonna ramp up the marketing before the show starts.

>plants look like terrestrial

dropped

Why?

Why literally every sc-fi is about DUMB HUMANS DISCOVER LE PROTO-ALIAN TECHNOLOGY

Fuck this stupid shit

Attached: 205baa9c2183c2c671bb1daf4d8c80df.jpg (800x503, 28K)

Attached: gib belter milkies.png (800x600, 369K)

I just want to see her again, though I've forgot which of her names was real. Melba? Clarissa? Melissa?

Attached: The.Expanse.S03E13.1080p.WEB-DL.OmskBird.mkv_snapshot_35.34_[2018.07.01_18.51.17].jpg (1920x1080, 985K)

They need to do these for S2 and S3

youtube.com/watch?v=Ivej0OW7WZk

Check your priorities

Attached: expanse gib miller.gif (480x270, 1.2M)

>still no clear belter cover of this youtube.com/watch?v=_WFLUhSym80 anywhere

>"I was a fookin' LEGEND on Ilus"

He's a fookin legend anywhere he goes

Attached: 83051.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Why do they not get rid of this acting black hole main character with the charisma of a slice of bread?

Because they'd get fucked if the aliens were still around or it would be fucking boring wandering around empty space looking for something but finding nothing.

Everything is fine, as she is my gf!

Attached: drummer2.jpg (1011x1349, 405K)

Meant I didn't remember anything from the plot, just how terrible the black chick is and that accent, the long dumb scene where they two get trapped by machinery and that's it except now I remember they made a deal with Cutty from the Wire and a weapon or something

expanse is basically capeshit

oh hoh hey, hey there hoss

Attached: 55070016.png (880x583, 889K)

>it would be fucking boring wandering around empty space looking for something but finding nothing.
no it would just need good writing

Poor Maneo. Seduced by the siren of belter tittays into killing himself.

Thought the actor playing him did amazingly well. He really sold the lunacy of long distance solo racing.

Attached: The Expanse s03e07 tits if you gtfo.webm (1000x560, 2.73M)

youtube.com/watch?v=_XUXJo1q3Ew
There you go buddy

Attached: 456767.jpg (900x1200, 148K)

Writing about what, genius?

Melba. In the books she becomes Amos's daughterfu and a member of Roci's crew.

discovery
why do we always need aliens?
why do we always need someone more advanced than us?

because those who wrote this shit lack their own imagination
they just copy paste ideas almost 120 years old from War of the Worlds

Attached: v2.jpg (1152x608, 205K)

Keep in mind that belter milkers don't get as saggy as filthy Earther ones.

Attached: expanse amos stare.gif (480x270, 850K)

Achievable natty in 1G?

Attached: amos body.png (2069x1433, 2.47M)

Keeping ourguy lowkey not in the teaser, he's there tho

Attached: Season 4 production wrap.jpg (2048x1202, 622K)

If Yoel Romero can do it, you can too.

So you want random character drama on a space engine background? Where's the entertainment?

ignore prudes

>Where's the entertainment?
The universe itself
You just never tried Space engine

Attached: you (2).png (202x250, 8K)

Autists aren't a big enough population to make a profitable target audience.

just watch a documentary then, this is fiction

they wrapped up the earth-mars conflict prematurely and ever since it's been a boring muh protomolecule centric story. portals and shit.

>Why do humans make movies representing events through a humans perspective
Ugh.. castrate ys

>Autists
This shit was supposed to be le realism sci-fi.
What differs it from tons of stupid star-wars'like space western shit then?
The fuck are you about, shizo? Take the pills

Me in the back

Attached: ah bloo bloo.png (142x121, 37K)

They're just following the books though. Also, belters are the ones you need to worry about. And mars makes a big comeback in the form of based Duarte.

Alcon janitor

>was supposed to be le realism sci-fi.
>protomolecule shit right from the start

ok

>protomolecule shit
Could be written well e.x. natural origin thing
or it could be developed by corp

>This shit was supposed to be le realism sci-fi.
You're no different than normies complaining about the white walkers taking over the plot in game of thrones.
>b-but muh politics, it was s-supposed to be about court intrigue...

>You're no different than normies
Normies like that shit about MUH FORCE LUKE MUH DEVELOPED ALIENS

>brings GoT here
Literally why?

Walkers =\= aliens

>this science fiction show isnt real enough for me

Attached: 1530323650693.png (534x548, 87K)

You must have missed the normies celebrating after the night king died. Face it, thinking that you're a superior intellectual for wanting a show to be about "realism", "human condition" or "intrigue" IS a normie trait. Every fucking normie is saying they want shows to have these things now.

The teaser is so good

I tried watching this show when season 1 came out

but it seemed like I was always missing something

like the show requires you to read the books or some other resources to get the story/lore

so is this series worth it and shoud I give it another try fellow redditors?

No. It's game of thrones for autistic retards.

>like the show requires you to read the books or some other resources to get the story/lore
It's pretty self explanatory. You learn things as you watch. The reason why it feels like that is because you are plunged into the middle of the story, without the backstory and skipping the beginning. It's like watching fellowship of the ring but skipping the prologue, except that the prologue is inserted somewhere else as flashbacks. The plot itself does get better as the show goes on. Season 1 is a set-up season.

yeah but the protomolecule centric stuff is the dumbest parts of the books. Also just because it was in the books didn't mean they have to rush the actual conflict during season 3. It's all about execution.

It sets up concepts like "you can spin for artificial gravity in space" because it's expecting and appealing to complete idiots.

You dont believe in gravity?

>posting spoilers instead of the trailer
Based but bluepilled
Based and redpilled
>The uploader has not made this video available in your country
REEEEEEE give me Catxpanse now!

No the protomolecule stuff is the literal spine of the plot. Nothing happens without it.

I cant view the original either, fucking sucks
And OP's pic is not a spoiler, there was a teaser released aswell

Attached: the expanse recat.webm (852x480, 2.8M)

As much as I love cats, they should make recaps as 30-45 min. "documentaries" from the perspective of Earth, Mars, and the Belt. Same thing with those "behind the science" videos.

100% yes, but you need to start -now-.

>bad guys are all fucking great
>good guys are hateable, boring, whiny shits
What did bezos mean by this?

that guy looks like karl tanner

This is the fookin legend of Illus, you're thinking of that fookin legend from gin alley

A science fiction show for science fiction fans wouldn't need to explain the bare fucking basics.

This. When I started watching I fully expected the proto-molecule to be a singularity project gone bad (as should be), not an alien goo.

>lol cats
>lol reddit
>lol upvote plz!
Yep, this is the target audience alright.

Too bad, I like both the expanse and capeshit

You know he acted that character well when he was only in 4 episodes.

>belters
>having the strength to crush my earther balls
KEK

Then you were greatly misled as to the show's quality.

It was made to be in the timeslot before wrestlemania.

Will do!
I can't even call Smith and Kido completely bad guys, haven't finished S3 though, got bored.

Attached: expanse amos motivation.jpg (597x1008, 140K)

Its a show tailored to be viewed and entertaining to anyone user, drop the gatekeeping mentality or go play some shit sci fi game

>Its a show tailored to be viewed and entertaining to anyone user
Which means it's not entertaining to anyone except retards.

Dont like it, dont watch it

Attached: 1528235010554.webm (550x688, 179K)

The teaser was the second post I replied to. OP fucked up because a trailer is the absolute most you should see from a movie or series. You think you want the to see it, but it would be way more gratifying to watch it for the first time as the series progresses naturally.
>inb4 don't watch it then
The issue is that the average viewer does. I watched all three seasons this year and then went back to check trailers, features, etc. and was a little bothered by how much it spoils.
I agree.
>c-cats are r-reddit!
You fucking newfaggot invader, caturday was a thing here before digg and plebbit were created, and way before you survived your whore mother's fifth abortion attempt Get the fuck out and never return. Also, dilate.

Smith and kido are the real hero’s and by far the best characters
All the supposed main protags are sickeningly altruistic leftist shits who don’t understand how awesome the greater Reich is

I need to catch up on 2 seasons, i think i'll just wait for it to end completely.

>LEFT BAD
lmaooooo

Season 4 is in December, you got plenty of time

>I don’t have the patience to watch the plot unfold and discover the origin of the space mystery
Fucking autism

It's a ship fucking landing on a planet what is there to spoil?

Yes because they make left look bad

Rude. Regardless, my point is that even right until the goosteroid leaves Venus, the goo being a man-made thing would have made more sense than it being alien. I think the Expanse is fantastic, but I would have preferred if it tried to stay grounded, and confined within the solar system. I know it's an adaptation, so this is all just hypothetical wishful thinking.

Wow that’s exactly what I said user
U so smart

The righteous crusader shit isnt some leftist sthtick its an old trope, how diluted are you by pol?

The idea is that it’s alien tech meant for a certain purpose until humans try to engineer shit out of it so you’re halfway there

That’s not what I said, but it’s what you read into it
How butt blasted by /pol/ are you?

You should read a post twice or more before replying to it. You clearly misunderstood my point and now you look like a moron.
5 minutes of a ship landing on a planet? Also, I don't know because I didn't watch the clip, but what I did watch from previous seasons spoiled quite a bit. I can all but guarantee that the clip contains things, even if just tidbits, that need extra context to understand.

Big ass railgun mounted to the front of the roci
character introductions
scenery change
thats about it
Teaser shows way more

>pretending you didn't notice the sarcasm because you have no rebuttal
LMAO

>Season 4 is months away
>all it amounts to are autists upset about the date and they can once again nag and complain its not realistic enough for them
why bother with these threads, unironically reddit is the superior way to view these discussions because in here they amount to just circlejerk bait and waifu posting

Attached: 5645634578.jpg (870x1088, 302K)

Just change your YouTube settings to some third world country.

Do you think the muscles around your lungs are stronger than your abdomen?
Was just thinking if i had Bobbie sitting on my face and i told Alex to burn 15g's hard, would she involuntarily empty her bowels full of air, and would i have the strength to inhale it all?

Attached: 1550432568638.jpg (2250x1500, 545K)

the alien goo is best explained as a all purpose organic building machine with a AI with restrictions on it.(see the investigator as example)
Tell it to build gates and it will build gates, with whatever materials it can find and report back it build its gate.
tell it to build ships for martian traitors and it will do just that.
And my guess is that the gatebuilders werent good guys anyway, the protomolecule in the solarsystem was headed for earth originaly, so the gatebuilders obviously didnt give a flying fuck about whatever lifeforms were on the planet they designated as a resource for the gate.
Thats how they probably pissed of the alliens who exterminated the gatebuilders too.

What has your answer anything to do with what I wrote?

nothing really.

>Terrestrials being interested in terrestrial looking planets

Oh my

If I was Jeff Bezos I'd finance your research on this topic in a real Air Force centrifuge

Attached: expanse bobbie binge.webm (720x404, 2.13M)

That scene is one of my favorites if just because of what it depicts.

A Martian, probably lower-class Martian, a military one on top of that, being given free reign to go for something containing what has to be the ultimate luxury anywhere but Earth: Cucumber. A horrifyingly inefficient crop, when it comes to water requirements, and it's unprocessed on top of that. And here she is, being given free reign.

what do you think her braps would smell like after eating all that?

i don't watch trailer for things I've already decided to watch

I wondered what was all about. Thought it was a "blooper" they left in, but with that insight it makes a lot of sense. Should I read the books? I have the policy of not doing so until a series has ended, so I won't get unrealistic expectations or be disappointed by changes. How faithful has it been so far?
Good idea.

The show has been quite faithful. About 90%, I'd say. They did bring characters forward, relatively speaking, to introduce them earlier, but they did so relatively faithfully. All in all I can definitely say it's pretty accurate. Any changes made are made with the consent of the writers.

Holy shit, you can really tell how much the production has improved

Attached: 1526855383063.png (535x490, 581K)

that teaser was also made by a fan of the show
twitter.com/TheExpanseLives/status/1152696814983946242
one of his previous vids
youtube.com/watch?v=iNjobkmzaOY

This gets dangerously close to Mass Effect Andromeda

Yea, they shot some parts of the season in widescreen apparently. It legit looks like a movie now, with the aspect ratio and all that.

Naren Shankar: "We even shot the Illus portion of the storyline of this season in really widescreen format...2.39:1 ....so anamorphic lenses. It's an amazing look

is everybody forgetting the last fucking scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=RPZmBoySjFg

Should I check this show out? I adore old sci-fi shows.

Attached: holden.webm (1280x718, 2.46M)

No, and the song is woven into my mind
God fucking damn the behemoth set is so aesthetic

soundtrack is out too now, on bandcamp, spotify youtube etc
youtube.com/watch?v=sbWmzoL4FwM&list=OLAK5uy_meE3zDn7NOGKVmmNCfYF-QFGUOWKkQX28&index=20&t=0s

Attached: 3445678.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

No, brainlet. You'd even know this if you read the thread.
Yes, I marathoned it over a weekend this year after a long time of not wanting to watch it for X or Y reason. It's very good.

Its very kino but you need to pay attention, its not a one and done episode kinda show, also the books are enjoyable too.

Attached: Expanse season 1.jpg (3000x1687, 1.19M)

I did read the thread, at least most of it, that's why I said it

So that thing that Holden saw at the end was the interdimensional alien that killed the Creators right?

Wow, Naomi hit the wall

Or the ghost of maneo

Can't wait to see this guy in season 4. If I'm not mistaken season 4 is gonna be his last season unless book 9 brings him back in some way

Attached: im gonna need a ride.png (1024x511, 652K)

Its a tv show afterall, things could turn out very different

Hey, I made one too

Attached: the expanse season 1.png (2208x1242, 3.84M)

neato, im the one who made this for season 3

Attached: season 3.jpg (2880x1620, 2.17M)

>at least most of it
There you go. Read it again, this time don't skip any posts, dumbass.

I was about to check out this show until I read this on its wikipedia page:

>Writing for io9, Katherine Trendacosta noted how the show had become "shockingly prescient", insofar as many of the issues and ideas explored by The Expanse mirrored contemporary trends in global politics.[42] Brian Tallerico, in "Why The Expanse Is the Best Sci-FI TV Show You're Not Watching" for Rolling Stone, praised the show for its contemporary political relevance and called its willingness to mix tones, and its protagonists, laudable. He summarized that at its core, The Expanse was all about people responding to fear – fear of the other, fear of the new, fear of inequality, fear of death.

So the show is basically globohomo propaganda?

Its not for fragile right wingers and racists

>don't expose my fragile mind to new ideas

I avoided The Expanse for a long time because I thought that was the case, but despite what it may seem from pictures of clips, it's not an in-your-face liberal propaganda tool. There is some "diversity" but in no different than it would be in a cyberpunk future where the globalist elite succeeded and places are a disgusting hodge-podge of races. i.e. If we get that far in history without going back to the Stone Age, then it's quite likely that's how things would look even at most optimistic.
I'm a conservative and I enjoyed it fine. Therefore, dilate. Also, everyone is racist.

I just want to know what the show is like
I doubt I would find any new ideas in this show.

Not uncommon to see liberal types wanking off to its themes. The difference here is that it's done in a presentable way, while also making sense regarding its setting rather than something like shitflix or CW would do. The people who made this actually give a shit about the books. Also, the author(s) are involved in the show.

>And how in the fuck does that bitch with a voice deeper than 99% of men get acting gigs?
shohreh-chan is cute and maybe if you smoked 8 packs of malboro a day like a real man instead of drinking 8 gallons of söy you'd have a nice manly voice too.

then lurk more

I don't have a problem with a diverse cast, I expect that. I want to know whether there is more overt political signalling than that.

No, this is just hack journalists trying to project their politics onto every piece of media, because they can’t enjoy something unless it confirms their worldview

any bookfags here, hows the latest one?

everything is political and there is a bias in everything, you're gonna find some if you look for it, adjust your mindset.

Why the fuck is everyone releasing everything in December now? I have nothing to watch now and suddenly in December SPAM OF SCI-FI.

reddit has a spoiler thread about it if you wish to look, its pretty good and sad, and really fucked up

I was talking more about fear of the other/unkown than of the ideas in the show

i agree its a shit date but im guessing its a good spot for them somehow, they calculate these decisions

Sweet. Is Eros song a part of it?

I thought the first third was super retarded but the rest is pretty nice
their grand master plan is to set a bomb off in one of the rings? really? my eyes almost rolled right out of my head

As the middle part of a 3 book arc I thought it was pretty good
This final arc of the story in general though I feel is a bit sloppy
The authors clearly knew where they wanted to go but needed a large time skip to accomplish it logically
As a fan it’s a bit frustrating to think this crew has been just fucking around in space for 30 years and almost nothing about them has changed except they’re older
Even them being older has relatively little effect on the way they’re written
As an example, Bobby is a woman, pushing 60 who is still cracking skulls like she’s stronger and tougher than anyone else
There’s some other shit I’m not thrilled about but despite being here for years I never bothered to learn to spoiler txt so I won’t ruin it

no but you have this
youtube.com/watch?v=hSNO0mB01aw

I would say the show depicts the characters without sugarcoating. The main lead starts off as some idealistic truther, and ends up in difficult situations where he has to make sacrifices for the better. There's a bunch of class warfare of sorts in the Belters plot. They live in asteroids and space stations all their lives and they don't like Earthers or Martians. A bunch of them got holocaust'ed by Earth back in the day, so there are terrorist sympathies within the Belt as a result of that. Martians are pretty much independant of Earth, so they are born and raised to make their planet better for the next generation, and they are very militaristic. You have Martians who want to start war so they can "duke it out" with Earth, and you have Martians who tell them that it's not a wise choice. Also, the Earth plot has a character who has to do nasty politics in order to get to the truth. You have Earthers who want to start a war with Mars, and you have Earthers who want to stop it from happening. So it's all not black and white. Of course, leave it to a journalist to twist it to their worldview and simplify everything for their readers, but the show is handled way better than most of its types out there.

Jesus fuck, fucking at last!

You mean the music that plays when Eros hits Venus? Yea it's in there.

I love the paintings from the Mormons. Pretty gud.

I have no fear of the other/unknown.

aergghh marines help me!

Attached: 35673.png (1920x1080, 3.11M)

What's this season's plot going to be? Just plain colonization? Is this going to go The 100 style?

yeah that whole set and the paintings make for a beautiful backdrop to what could had been bleak dry concrete, wish i had better pictures of it, im sure there's some who worked there that has some HQ stills of it.

Attached: 56783636.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

colonist vs corporation conflict then the planet starts booting up

No, this one I was hoping for a full longer version but I guess it's all we will ever have

And Mars throws a hissy fit because people are leaving their cuntdry rock

No, there's no overt political message at all, specially outside of specific and logical context.
Correct.
Technically you age slower in space. Hypothetically, they have longer lifespans there, specially considering how good the med equipment is.

People live past 120 in the show, and with medicine its not hard to assume a lifetime soldier to be capable of sustaining fit form up in the years, 60 is probably early 40s for them.

>tfw Ashford most likely will be one of the Marco's captains
I hope they won't kill him
Also gib more Dawes

>Technically you age slower in space. Hypothetically, they have longer lifespans there, specially considering how good the med equipment is.
I considered this, it’s still hard to buy it though, especially living in low g
I could no longer suspend disbelief when she kicked Amos’ ass though

I stay positive on both of those

>that pic
Why is Amos so based.

The show and books show that the people in space are the cream of the crop brainwise and couragewise. Most plebs are stuck on earth on UBI.

Will there be any Miller?

Yea Earth is a shithole. Also, Bobby mocking the NEETs in front of Avasarala was pretty funny.

If anyone has a better pic of the modified Roci pls share
I spot landing legs and a big ass rail gun mounted right over where Alex would be sitting added to its arsenal

Attached: D_9DJZSWsAA5gN_.jpg (1136x640, 70K)

Pretty much confirmed if you watched season 3. He's also in the book too.

yes

FUCK dusters and FUCK belters
Belter genocide best day of my life

based

based Augusto

>Einstein was right. We will be fighting the next war with rocks. But the Belt has rocks that will turn the surface of Mars into a molten sea
Earth day one day pampa

Attached: 345654646.jpg (781x665, 167K)

is this show actually good or is it just "good for syfy"

and be honest with me

all fucking belters must be fucking spaced

one of the best sci fi tv shows ever unironically, the only people who dont agree are trekkie spergs

They're used to it anyway, diogo got spaced by his fucking uncle lmao

Attached: 568679895.jpg (749x371, 50K)

Why can't Earth and Mars be friends and get rid of the belter problem together

It good. The first 3 seasons alone are better than other sci-fi shows right now. It doesn't deserve to be on syfy desu. The trailer for season 4 already proves that. They got a huge budget boost it seems.

good for syfy to be completely honest, if it had betters actors then it would actually be good

Its the only show i care about watching that's currently running and i've gone through pretty much every space sci-fi show there is out there.

Its a slow burn show, so be patient and pay attention

Attached: 1528662492228.jpg (637x367, 44K)

it has plenty of good actors, holden and naomi are just kind of bringing everything down because they're supposed to be the main characters but they're both weak actors

They should have just left them in their space rocks and moved through the ring gates on their own desu. Imagine illiterate 3rd worlders deciding the future of the human race.

To be fair, they are both boring characters in the books too, especially Holden with his dumb attitude and take on life, only Alex and Amos seem to have an authentic personality with a flair to it.

The whole of the rosi crew are shit to be honest, the rest isn't bad

Season 1 Martians looked so badass, wtf happened? It's like they all got fat and brown afterwards kek.

its pretty good, the last 2 books were a bit eh, but i really liked the latest one. the gamma ray burst sequence is one of the best things in the entire series

>wandering around empty space looking for something but finding nothing.

This could be so good.

this show any good?

Honestly they grew on me. In the first 2 seasons I absolutely detested them, especially Naomi and Holden, but in 3 I've started to like them.

amos is one of the best characters and actors in the show. alex grew on me, i thought he was a pretty stupid character at first but his hokey manner won me over, the guy is a pretty good actor too

they redesigned everything since they at first fucked up with the helmets, they wanted to see the actors faces more.

Attached: 456845864.png (1280x720, 674K)

>I have no fear of the other/unknown.

Go solo backpacking through Afghanistan and report back.

>its a tit-for-tat chapter
the fucking madman

Attached: T-be-Wr.jpg (315x213, 11K)

>Alex's cute hat is back

Attached: giphy (1).gif (480x270, 2.18M)

I was fookin LEGEND on new terra

Not wanting to do that is not fear of the other/unknown, it's fear of the known.

>expanse
>kino
pick only one. granted it's probably the best current sci fi on tv, but that isn't saying much.
it's mediocre at best. very similar to early bsg in terms of quality and the barren small-screen sci landscape it exists in, which boosts it by comparison. expanse is saltwater to an audience dying of thirst

>Thought it was a "blooper" they left in
what are you, retarded? It's obvious that the character sees something highly desirable and goes for it.

found the pissed off trekkie lmao

the only trek i like is ds9, and it had a few trashy seasons

i remember reading they have "cheap" meds who prolong life in the expanse universe.

yes they live much longer. avasarala is like 120 in the 6th book