Endgame won

So does this mean cinema has officially died?

A soulless corperate mcdonalds-tier product devoid of any artistic integrity is now the highest grossing film ever made, this is the forefront of cinema, this will be what everyone else will want to replicate.

Say what you want about Avatar but that movie had vision and was something that the people who worked on it actually gave a shit about.

Nobody in the production of Endgame gave a shit, they just cared about putting together an passable film so braindead fanboys could throw their money at it, and now that movie will be what everyone else will aspire to.

I know most will just say that capeshit will die in a few years (And it probably will) but every major blockbuster franchise will now try to replicate Endgame after seeing it's status as the highest grossing film ever made, instead of having movies try to stand on it's own feet everyone will now want to make a shitty franchise and flood the market.

What am I even saying, this fucking board doesn't care about film anyways you memeing fucks only care about the flavour of the month shitposting material, you faggots helped with the death of an artform and you're proud of it. I hope you faggots will fucking kill yourselves one day, fuck you.

Attached: 1552665660307.jpg (717x402, 32K)

>So does this mean cinema has officially died?
In terms of blockbusters, yeah. It's just a matter of time till some other Transformers or something breaks 3B thanks to inflation.

>It's just a matter of time till some other Transformers or something breaks 3B thanks to inflation.
Yes but the damage will already be done before that happens

>Pretending(or worse actually didn't even know) that Avatar had lead every studio to attempting to outdo each other with "impressive" cgi shitfests
It's been this way for the entire decade. This is why we have soulless remakes like the lion king that people can only say "well, the tech is good!" When speaking positively about it. It wasn't just Capeshit.

How the hell do you guys not remember the same exact arguements being said about Avatar when it broke all the records?! Some hollywood sellout creates a 99% CGI rip off of Dances with Wolves thats just a cash grab for big execs.
Stop romanticizing the past and catch up.

Attached: 1508851217638.jpg (480x480, 20K)

When did you leave movies and other western media for another hobby, Yea Forums? Been about 5 years for me.

I'm not saying Avatar didn't do bad shit to the industry, but Endgame's impact will be much, much worse

Conversation was slightly different because Avatar beat another James Cameron movie

>Stop romanticizing the past and catch up.
That's hard to do when the past was objectively better

Was cinema ever even alive in the first place?

Weren't the top of the charts always typically "soulless corperate mcdonalds-tier" garbage? Pretty sure nothing has changed.

Yes

Attached: Mcdonalds-avatar.png (800x489, 670K)

I guess kind of, but at the very least something like Titanic or Avatar was original and not just another installment in a 20 movie franchise

I never left, I just decided to deepen myself into classic cinema instead.
What hobby did you move to?

That fucking promotional shot is more appealing than anything in Endgame

>Transformers
Peaked at Dark of the Moon

>A soulless corperate mcdonalds-tier product devoid of any artistic integrity is now the highest grossing film ever made
yeah thats how i felt about avatar aswell. now you know my sadness

Only the first one was good, but that's besides the point

>American thinks giant burger is very appealing
That went without saying.

Avatar atleast had vision, imagination, originality (in visuals and creature design, not in story) and vision. Endgame has nothing, it's nothing. It's an uninspired piece of fucking garbage

Literally whatever. Transformers was just an example. Fast and Furious maybe.

I'm talking about Jake on the pterodactyl alien thing

>decided to deepen myself into classic cinema instead
This is the true escape
I've made a habit of not expecting anything from the general public in this regard, which sometimes leaves me pleasantly surprised but never really disharted like OP seems to be.
Also consider the fact that Avatar wasn't marketed on its originality or plot almost at all but rather on its technical achievements. If I remember correctly the 3d fad? Not sure what was Titanics marketing tactic but I'm sure it was something similarly stupid. Point is the public kinda needs to be cheated by marketing teams to get some good movies to the top anyway.

I tried basically everything at least once, from tabletop to niche autistic rhythm games, but eventually settled on japanese stuff. Currently deeply into eroge, there are some seriously interesting titles in there. Plus, I get all the cunny I want.

this shit seems absolutely surreal
it's almost as if disney pulled every trick in the book, including literal fraud, to make all the journalists eat their words

Attached: 1561197008771.jpg (1298x1074, 108K)

I'm not the biggest MCU fan but the idea that Avatar had more soul or artistic integrity than anything is absurd. It was a poorly written tech demo with not a single memorable scene, character or line.

>Also consider the fact that Avatar wasn't marketed on its originality or plot almost at all but rather on its technical achievements. If I remember correctly the 3d fad?
Good point, though I'd say it also sold people on it's imagination. 11 year old me in 2009 surely didn't give a shit about the 3D, I just liked the world it created.

Based. God bless you.

>I guess kind of, but at the very least something like Titanic or Avatar was original
>original

Ones a retelling of the most famous nautical disaster of all time, the other is a shoddily written ferngully remake.

Ya but endgame is now an official jewish point of leverage

>It was a poorly written tech demo with not a single memorable scene, character or line.
And Endgame was a poorly written cashgrab that panders to dumb fanboys.

Attached: 326E7C30-CB12-4485-864F-F417DF8F0A31.gif (288x284, 3.12M)

Attached: capecope.jpg (720x757, 83K)

Inflation isn't going to mean shit to a producer what matters is how much the movie makes in today's money.

>If the plot isn't original, the movie isn't
Dune had the basic plot of Lawrence of Arabia, the thing that made it great was the incredible world it created.

Say what you want about Avatar but it's world was captivating and Cameron clearly did put alot of effort into the worldbuilding, going as far to even make a full-on language for the Na'vi to speak

idk what you guys say, Gone With the Wind is the goat and the true winner of the domestic box office

>Avatar had more SOUL

Except it literally didn't. Infinity War and Endgame had more passion and love put into them then any other two movies in the last two decades, I mean that.

Stop being a fanboy, the movies were sloppily put together with terrible writing. These movies were awful.
These movies only exist to make retarded fanboys go "OOOOOHH I RENEMBER THIS FROM A PREVIOUS MOVIE" and drain their wallets at it. It's basically the same shit as that new Lion King remake, a cash-in.

kill yourself shill

Again, a producer isn't going to look at a movie from the 1930s. They'll look at what is making money NOW, so they'll look at Endgame.

>Yea Forums is actually discussing movies with little to no shitposting in sight
What's going on?

Attached: apus.jpg (705x527, 96K)

>endgame won
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 11.24.01 PM.png (1142x206, 57K)

Meme on the film for being shit (which it is) but, at the very least, it's a single film that they built up for over a decade with countless other films worth of backstory. Which is something that has never been done before. It's understandable that it would become the highest grossest filming of all time, because you have a lot of characters who have had a decade+ worth of character development from their own films and cross-over films all culminating in the conclusion of their character arcs within this film.

It is, at the very least, a grand and long-term vision that has been effectively realized. Unlike "LOL 3D POKAHAUNTAS YEAH DIS SHOULD BE THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF ALL TIME".

Attached: 1562942376858.jpg (1280x693, 374K)

One of the producers said it officially won at comic-con

>Which is something that has never been done before.
Godzilla

That doesn't matter, the movie is still a bland uninspired piece of shit.
Avatar, no matter how hard you meme it, had a great world and great creature design. The plot was generic but the other elements made up for it. Endgame has nothing of the like

Godzilla as a series has little cohesion and radical tone shifts and re-tellings. It's not a cohesive universe that had ambitions of culminating with one ultimate cross-over that tied all the other films together.

Did that Disney blowjob come in? Kill yourself.

Star Wars won

So does this mean cinema has officially died?

A soulless corperate mcdonalds-tier product devoid of any artistic integrity is now the highest grossing film ever made, this is the forefront of cinema, this will be what everyone else will want to replicate.

Say what you want about Jaws but that movie had vision and was something that the people who worked on it actually gave a shit about.

Nobody in the production of Star Wars gave a shit, they just cared about putting together an passable film so braindead nerds could throw their money at it, and now that movie will be what everyone else will aspire to.

I know most will just say that starshit will die in a few years (And it probably will) but every major blockbuster franchise will now try to replicate Star Wars after seeing it's status as the highest grossing film ever made, instead of having movies try to stand on it's own feet everyone will now want to make a shitty franchise and flood the market.

What am I even saying, this fucking board doesn't care about film anyways you memeing fucks only care about the flavour of the month shitposting material, you faggots helped with the death of an artform and you're proud of it. I hope you faggots will fucking kill yourselves one day, fuck you.

Attached: 1977-1.jpg (711x400, 17K)

It'll be live action Evangelion that hits $3B first.

Attached: weta_evangelion.jpg (564x1638, 232K)

Ah yes. Some pretty forests and meme blue AYYs are well deserving of the highest grossest film of all time. Cinema was surely alive before this monumental achievement was eclipsed.

>A soulless corperate mcdonalds-tier product devoid of any artistic integrity is now the highest grossing film ever made, this is the forefront of cinema, this will be what everyone else will want to replicate.
is it 2010 ITT?

Star Wars had originality and creativity, Endgame doesn't, this argument doesn't work

>McDVision™

Attached: 20.jpg (454x549, 62K)

>Godzilla as a series has little cohesion and radical tone shifts and re-tellings.
So you've never actually seen them? Showa and Heisei each had a consistent storyline. As for tone, Showa only had one major tone change which was in the second film and Heisei kept a relatively consistent tone throughout.

>Star Wars had originality and creativity,
OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: star-wars-6.jpg (650x562, 75K)

Star Wars is better and more original/soulful than the 22nd sequel of a "pew pew BAM whop" action movie that only exists as a commercial for the next "pew pew BAM whop" action movie

>Two movies have a sunset shot
>THEY'RE THE SAME!!!!!

>d-dude they had 2 moons like this other movie..
And Avengers 22 was just "DUDE REMEMBER THIS CHARACTER" for 3 hours

>Some pretty forests and meme blue AYYs
You can make anything sound shit if you boil it down that far.
Avatar had better worldbuilding than Endgame, that is a fact.
>are well deserving of the highest grossest film of all time.
>I wouldn't say it's the movie that deserves it, but it's damn well more deserving of being the highest grossing film than Endgame is.

Wait, I didn't greentext those last two sentences what the fuck. Maybe I'm just fucking tired or something fucking hell man

No. The point of a film is to tell you a story. Some generic pokahauntas rip-off where people are fighting over "unobtanium" is embarrassingly retarded and not at all deserving of being the highest grossing film of all time just because it went all out on the 3D meme, which is a complete blight on cinema. Endgame might be a piece of shit, but all your doing is replacing one piece of shit with another. Who cares.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: star-wars-triumph-of-the-will-1935.jpg (860x480, 85K)

>No. The point of a film is to tell you a story.
Tarkovski would like to have a word with you

>people think highest grossing movies haven't been for children since the 70s

Attached: file.png (578x530, 29K)

>The point of a film is to tell you a story.
That's literally wrong, there are way more elements to a film than just the plot
>Some generic pokahauntas rip-off where people are fighting over "unobtanium" is embarrassingly retarded and not at all deserving of being the highest grossing film of all time
And two hours of "I KNOW WHAT THAT IS" is deserving?

E.T is the only children's film here

>Triumph of the will
ITS TRIUMPH DES WILLENS YOU AMERICAN PIECE OF SHIT FAGGOT FUCK

>sound of music
>jurassic park

Jurrassic Park is not really a children's film, atleast not in the same sense as E.T.

Nice quads

Come the fuck on
Kids are the number one audience for any dinosaur movie

Is this thread being autosaged?

Holy shit it is, is there actual fucking shilling going on here?

THE MODS ARE SILENCING US, SCREENCAP THIS

Probably because it's one of several Endgame threads right now tho

Confirmed, cinema has officially died

Why is it the one thread that is negative about the movie? The others are inane shill posts, this is the only one that had any effort put into it. Don't deny that this is some actual fucking shilling

Oh, the autosaging has stopped.

Oh idk I'm only ITT. Don't care for capeshit too much. Was just an assumption.

Avatar and Endgame were both big, mass appeal action movies. I don't see how one has any more artistic integrity than the other. It's the kind of stuff that regular people go to the theater for. They have battles and one liners and simple, humanist morals that won't offend anyone.

Endgame finally became the top grossing movie of all time? For sure it beat out Avatar?

The VFX were novel at the time. Seeing it in 3D was an experience, the off-the-shelf plot and characters were secondary to the technical accomplishment.

I like to be optimistic and think that this is the low point and it's all uphill from here. Endgame really just marks the end of capeshit anyways.

>someone gets super powers and defeats bad guy
>repeat ad infinitum
>backstory
Even Bond films change it up more.

Attached: 1366401043913.jpg (248x252, 33K)

>And two hours of "I KNOW WHAT THAT IS" is deserving?

It isn't. If you read my posts you'd see that my point is literally who cares. Saying "cinema is dead" as if it were alive when Avatar was the highest grossing film of all time is retarded.

Endgame has had 20 films of build up and a lifetime of comic books and fans to work with how could anyone recreate that?

Attached: IMG_4801.png (594x582, 41K)

I can't think of anyone making original and creative blockbusters anymore. Nolan i guess?

No one should ever use the words "original and creative" and "Nolan" in the same sentence.

Avatar was a tech demo and nothing more. Endgame is literally based on decades of comics and it was less derivative than the plot of Avatar. Jim is a hack

Yes it is. And I wouldn’t have it any other way

To this day I haven't seen a aingle capeshit besides Raimi's first Spiderman film. Feels good not to have my mind warped by that trash

the movie sucks dick anyway Hans

>decades of superhero beats bad guy formulaic schlock
Please. You might as well make a movie based on Days of Our Lives. An inside joke here and there does not make it good.

Harry Potter movies did it earlier.

Several tv shows have done the same thing.

This. Cinefix even has a video about it.