>I EAT MORE CHICKEN THAN ANY MAN EVER SEEN
>*shitty guitar solo*
>SHE GET HIIIIGH
>SHE GET HIIIIIIIIIIGH
>SHE GET HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH
>*shitty ten minute keyboard solo*
>FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
>*song ends*
Why was this shitty band played in every Vietnam film ever?

Attached: file.png (940x940, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=imcHmSUVEvk
youtube.com/watch?v=j0Mz_IqpZX8
youtube.com/watch?v=NtGxRQJALto
youtube.com/watch?v=z7pCD827wB4
youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0
youtu.be/MgZcGh92qLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2nE2EA8ts
youtube.com/watch?v=nhl5OU7MahQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OC0K2Jvz2W4
youtube.com/watch?v=oOzpncIHCLs
youtu.be/LF-sCqqK94o
youtube.com/watch?v=nUA8OzQxGxE
youtube.com/watch?v=ldXdnZtTWp8
youtube.com/watch?v=4YWPhmduSDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8bOgknnJxeY
youtu.be/UsjjDC4joBc
youtube.com/watch?v=671AgW9xSiA
youtu.be/Eaaus0LI1ro
youtube.com/watch?v=ptnQ_C7LZLc
youtube.com/watch?v=mepbYOplxI4
youtu.be/7AfMf70gxbY
youtube.com/watch?v=wlG_ARoekS8
marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/ge/benjamin.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_A._Rothchild
youtube.com/watch?v=MOQ3WXSp0o0
youtube.com/watch?v=wp8I9LjkBoY
youtu.be/RjxKVAOZCQY
youtu.be/9CZJbrw8mjE
youtube.com/watch?v=bU1sLx1tjPY
youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=DX42_3ZKv8c
youtube.com/watch?v=AS0HrXHkWA4
youtube.com/watch?v=aHAExmqWODY
youtu.be/zAogrGZJrqg
youtu.be/Tsa-zhSY8Qc
youtu.be/wtx4ZJ1cwI0
youtube.com/watch?v=agwMwbmMNbk&list=PL7nN2aF_iAEdIFNk9_MwWmGFSRK0LWKKn&index=67&t=0s
youtu.be/o2GjY8DN-7I
youtu.be/q77uCvBdVSg
youtu.be/OBS5lSoPsaY
youtu.be/PEbfdOxAYP8
youtube.com/watch?v=zqNTltOGh5c
youtu.be/t55hEyal60w
youtu.be/A_kmn4mPVD0
youtu.be/AhVW0vMljP8
youtube.com/watch?v=6LSCoBk8hgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cringe

>he doesn't like The Doors
What an absolute pleb. Imagine having such a shitty taste that you think this song is bad:

youtube.com/watch?v=imcHmSUVEvk

Attached: 1434331065143.jpg (723x631, 65K)

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BAYBY
I can’t stand the doors

Attached: 5F21955D-2B5C-4903-81BF-6A637B229D0E.jpg (480x360, 14K)

His "poetry" was pretty garbage though.

People Are Strange is their best desu
youtube.com/watch?v=j0Mz_IqpZX8

The Doors is objectively superior to Led Zeppelin, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=NtGxRQJALto

Fact: R&R 'Bad Boy" Jim Morrison was the son of Admiral Morrison who directly set off the Gulf of Tonkin incident (an admitted hoax now) that got 50K+ American soldiers killed and responsible for millions of Vietnamese deaths.
Now, that's not to say Jim was rebelling, nope, quite the opposite.
He was groomed for that position and 'retired' @ 27 so you all could whimsically fawn over the stupid 'died @ 27' thing.
Military Intelligence has now and always has had a hand in manipulating pop culture to use for its advantage.
Many others who came out in the 'hippie' era were also very closely related high ranking officers or entrenched families.
It's called Propaganda and has dictated almost every step of your life.

>women seem wicked, when your unwanted

god damn you're dumb L O L

Their best

Are you sure about that?

I WANNA BE I WANNA BE JIM MORRISON*guitar riff*

Attached: F8FBC814-164E-4500-852F-58924037002E.png (497x593, 717K)

He’s not wrong

Big Jim was definitely cünnypilled

Now yo gon and dun goofed

youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0

Only the second incident was a hoax

>got 50K+ American soldiers killed
based
>responsible for millions of Vietnamese deaths
cringe

Evens out overall, I'd say.

This. Laurel Canyon. All those bands were the children of military ingelligence. Grateful dead and phish are spook ops as well
The Doors are shit. Other than AC/DC they might actually be "the worst rock band". To quote Jim himself they sound like a tide commercial. Stronger than dirt right?

>he doesn't listen to their rarities
youtu.be/MgZcGh92qLQ

Attached: 1563611491292.jpg (640x638, 52K)

Still not patrician enough
youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2nE2EA8ts

seething zoomer. Morrison-era Doors is the peak of rock. Now Led Zeppelin, Guns and Roses, Radiohead, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, those are the worst rock bands

youtube.com/watch?v=nhl5OU7MahQ

based
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OC0K2Jvz2W4

Album is kino you fucking retard

>mfw I'm already older than Jim Morrison was at his prime
I suppose I was never cut out to make it.

Attached: 1563593631325.png (970x542, 257K)

>the doors with their shitty production and le meme keyboard better than zeppelin
Absolute pleb

Damn, Jim sounds great in this.

Attached: fug.jpg (225x225, 14K)

MOTHER

I WANT TO

CUMONYOURFACEYEAH

>shitty production
lol. Here's one without keys so even a pleb can enjoy.
youtube.com/watch?v=oOzpncIHCLs

Attached: 299.png (247x185, 85K)

youtu.be/LF-sCqqK94o

Attached: 91614353.png (804x804, 163K)

>nobody posting the kino of kinos
youtube.com/watch?v=nUA8OzQxGxE

Bonham is the best part of every Zep song and all the other 3 do is make it harder to hear them Especially Plant. They're just a shitty version of The Who

>Other than AC/DC they might actually be "the worst rock band"

Attached: 1365659362019.gif (400x276, 1.33M)

*forgets how to play the songs they've been playing for nearly 40 years*

heh nothing personel kid

Shitty Zoomer Opinion Music General, I see...

Attached: Mads.gif (500x281, 1004K)

depressing shit

Incels btfo

BUNCH OF DEPRESSING BULLSHIT. JUST CUT YOUR WRIST CUNT

Yeah I would agree with guns and roses. The foo fighters too but rock pretty much died in the 2000s with the mainstream rise of emo and nu metal.
What band?

Come and make me happy then, cocksucker.

Attached: ahem.jpg (635x400, 111K)

yet you’ll post a Pepe the frog image a couple post from now, what difference does it make

>thinks im gonna listen to their shitty cherry picked songs
They're shit just get over it lol

lou reed can suck your cock. he's a faggot too. fuck these mopes.

I prefer Apu.

Attached: 1562695454836.png (1046x1401, 565K)

I like The Doors, but that's a pretty accurate description of some of their songs.

Attached: D107903C-1DC4-4AAF-96D6-5D5918603FC2.jpg (1200x764, 123K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ldXdnZtTWp8

If you want happy songs that you can relate to try soundcloud rap, you absolute fucking pleb.

Attached: ponder.jpg (262x192, 5K)

I posted

Attached: 964916EF-58CB-4EAA-8190-FD1D42ADC331.png (720x1003, 242K)

Steven King is a hack who loves Oasis and the Grateful Dead

It is told, Crosby can trace his lineage straight back to Washington.
Now, you may not know or remember this but when certain dykes from popularity in the 90's wanted to have surrogate father for their children,
They chose the sperm of Crosby, a short, fat man.
Just a bit of in-house fighting, just a bit.

Steven King blows lol

btfo, kek

Attached: 1470546462219.jpg (500x375, 60K)

The Grateful Dead are okay but even though I know the songs all by heart I have no fucking clue what half the words are those drunk coked up bastards. I hate them for "ruining my life"though but its okay because I pulled out of it.

Ill take the actual musicians opinion on music over a novelists, sure is zoomer in this thread.

How did a band from the 60s ruin your life lmao

>*shitty guitar solo*
pleb

by sucking ass

Reminder that Jim Morrison's dad Admiral George Stephen Morrison was the ranking officer during the Gulf of Tonkin incident that started US involvement in Vietnam. Reminder that nearly every famous rock musician from the 60s had parents who were high up the military, intelligence, or government contracting communities. It was all just pure coincidence that all these people happened to come together in a single LA suburb and became vanguard of the sex and drugs counter culture movement.

The Doors, along with most other famous bands at the time, were shitty drug addicted hippies who could not play their own instruments and the record labels provided them with session musicians who arranged and recorded the backing music on their first album. The band later got better and actually played on their own records.

Attached: weird scenes.jpg (324x499, 47K)

Ok bro just don't listen to them. They had like 3 hits lol.

the thing is that Crosby is such a shit musician that his opinions on music hold about as much weight as Stephen King's

See He is correct and not wrong.
It's all a lie.
Your life is a manipulated lie.
Sorry. You fell for it.

Not him but their like the Phish of the 60s. Including their fanbase.

This.

It's not a concidence that Jerry GarCIA had a father in the military

Morrison fucked his wife

OP if it makes you feel any better they were created by the government to destroy the anti-vietnam movement from the inside

Because I have seen furthur, phish, the disco biscuits, moe and umphrey's mcgee like over 100 times and countless other lesser bands for almost a decade doing drugs the whole time. Always and still do refuse to see Dead and co with John fucking Mayer and the two 80 year old drummers. I never got arrested but i did learn that democrats are pieces of shit usually and still like the music and have two cars a house and a wife but I am basically 8 years of lost cash and potential for the experience.

I know people in their 30s still blowing money on overpriced fake coke following around grateful dead cover bands slowly becoming complete loser barflies. I think one of my "friends" is going to actually die from blow and ketamine soon.

For me it's the soft parade. It would be celebration of the lizard if it had been properly recorded on studio though.
youtube.com/watch?v=4YWPhmduSDQ

>The Doors, along with most other famous bands at the time, were shitty drug addicted hippies who could not play their own instruments

Got a single source to back that up?

Attached: 1482871752019.jpg (431x450, 70K)

What the fuck is Phish

t. Alex Jones retard faggot

That no talent motherfucking blueblood can suck my fucking dick

The top and bottom quote are both me buddy. I'm sorry its far too late. Save the others, leave me the nitrous oxide and funk music.

Attached: 1560905397939.jpg (750x1334, 558K)

Are you sure about that?

For me their best crazy song is Not to Touch the Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=8bOgknnJxeY

Attached: 1516395606048.png (499x499, 273K)

Cope

good argument zoomie

The "Grateful Dead" has always been more a of a brand, than a band. They were the center of a bizarre cult following that revolved around the peddling of drugs. Yet there is much more to the story.

Despite being a "rock group", The Grateful Dead were not popular for their music; even their most popular album has only sold 2 million copies in the past 40 years. They were also not even real musicians, as you might note from the unmistakably poor nature and non-musical quality of their so-called "music" (which explains the remarkably poor sales figures for such a supposedly popular band).

The members themselves are employees of the military and other government agencies. The Grateful Dead project was a means of initiating a MKULTRA psyop used by the CIA and FBI (backed by the Democrat party) to push LSD-25 on to millions and reprogram their minds. This helped create a submissive and benign protest movement as well as subliminally creating a new generation of spineless Democrat voters. Further brainwashing used hidden messages in lyrics that would implant themselves deep in the subconscious of individuals when experienced in conjunction with LSD.

The project expanded in scope and by the 1980s, they were pushed through mass media channels onto mainstream audiences in order to subvert a new generation of youth. Additionally, these concerts were the home of not just testing grounds for LSD and other mind control chemical weapons, but intentional government-funded open air drug markets that could then be raided in police drug busts. These busts were purposely highly publicized in the media and meant to be used as scare tactic for older conservative voters to support the expansion of the government's war on drugs (which was/is itself a psyop for further reduction of individual liberties).

The "Grateful Dead" project is arguably a major influence on the mass degeneration of American society, culture, values, and civil liberties in the past 50 years.

youtu.be/UsjjDC4joBc

Why do Americans create false flags that directly waste over 50,000 of their own guys? Is it Jews or Gung-Ho jingoistic boomers, or both?

I am a big Doors fan and this made me laugh, but yyyyyeeaaahhhh, you're also a massive fucking pleb for disliking them. Sorry kiddo.

See the problem for me is that while it's one of their best songs, I can't get out of my head that it's just a segment of the masterpiece that celebration of the lizard could've been. Have you listened to the live in NY version? it's outta this world

>tinfoil hat faggotry

youtube.com/watch?v=671AgW9xSiA

Attached: Dutch Wife.jpg (768x1024, 89K)

Listening to it now.

problem with zep is that 1-4 are the only things worth caring about and the rest is literal fucking trash

That's true but phish fucking rocks, disregard the Twist I just posted. If you can't hang this one has energy youtu.be/Eaaus0LI1ro

Phish's first three festivals were on active air force bases btw :)

Attached: F1ABE59E-9840-4F95-8CB9-2C003CCB1CCA.jpg (616x939, 110K)

>not liking Led Zeppelin, The Doors, AND The Who
Fags.

Attached: 1412438148178.jpg (400x502, 205K)

Nah he's right. Have you ever met deadheads? There are a lot of them even under thirty and it is very cult like. Ken Kesey was also a CIA lab rat.

Doors sucked, why listen to that pretentious bullshit when you can listen to robert wyatt and soft machine

youtube.com/watch?v=ptnQ_C7LZLc

you realize alot of their live stuff was stitched together from different performances because jimbo and the band were fucking trash live, right?

to be fair, you have to have sex to "get" the doors

I am aware of that. I'm talking about how good it could've been if it was done on a studio.

Rock music has always been a psyop.

Remember after than one terrorist attack last year when a crowd of people (((spontaneously))) broke into a song called "Don't Look Back in Anger" by the band Oasis. No fucking way in hell that a bunch of strangers would start singing some semi-obscure track from fucking Oasis. Those dudes were nothing but a one half-hit wonder at best.

I'm 28 and I'd never even heard that song before in my life, and didn't even realize that they were the Wonderwall meme band until recently. I literally had to look them up and still was unfamiliar with them. Yet people all over Yea Forums (aka psyop shills) act like they were supposedly incredibly popular and super well-known back in the day. Apparently they were supposed to have had success even in America, yet I never even knew they existed outside of Wonderwall until that event. I even checked out the Wonderwall video too and there was blatant MKULTRA imagery in it.

I did more digging and found out they were linked to Tony Blair who worked with George Bush on numerous false flag terrorist operations including 9/11 and 7/7. What's more, other people have come out on record saying that this band and others like them had falsified critical acclaim and inflated sales/reputation in order to brainwash the masses. Kevin Shields, one former member of these youth Brit Pop "bands" (aka political brands) and on one of the biggest Brit Pop record labels came out and said it was a government conspiracy a few years ago. These bands have also been affiliated with the members of U2 and Coldplay, Bono and Chris Martin are known globalists. They were simply buffers so they could be used as """anthems""" for false flag terrorist attacks, socially engineering meant to convince people to accept their circumstances as the new normal, without retaliation. That's the end result of the programming: a complicit, docile people.

technically it was done in a studio though because its not a true live performance

Producers ghost writing/recording albums has always been around and continues to this day. Not with every band of course, but this was an especially huge occurrence from the mid 90s to the early 00s. Producers are hired to get the album done right any way possible, if the musicians don't have the chops, they simply outsource the talent to save on studio time and budget. Check out channels from producers on youtube like Rick Beato, they talk openly about this kind of stuff.

Attached: 5d-tinfoil-hat-.jpg (186x205, 10K)

nobody likes that stinky bum music anyway

all bands suck live

It's Eugenics.
To cull the poor.
To cull the ones who refuse the advance of materialism.
Same as ALL WARS.

Yea Forums is just a one man meme machine isn't it?

Also despite being mostly right you should know that the reason the dead do shit album sales is because nobody fucking liked them ever. It was always about the live soundscape. Any phish song I post here will sound like ass because A: they're kind of weird and B: live recordings don't accurate capture the whole soundscape of an ampitheater and bass thumping through your chest. The grateful dead played a LOT of concerts and had almost a million people in attendence at summer jam with the allman brothers.

youtube.com/watch?v=mepbYOplxI4
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Attached: bobby b.jpg (200x200, 5K)

because the french are cunts that tried to sabotage nato

The Doors didn't steal their songs though, Led Zeppelin didn't make a single hit on their own

>tfw I'm the same age and still work a min wage slave job.

Attached: 188.png (499x622, 316K)

Have sex

Nobody has done surrealist Dionysian blues rock like the doors

Not To Touch The Earth is an amazing song

Attached: Dionysus-the-olympians-fanpop1.jpg (638x850, 282K)

You're a retard bro.

Same. Guys like him, 2Pac, Jimmy Hendrix etc. make me feel so depressed about myself

LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-29 Human Evolution in The Secret Doctrine.png (869x360, 39K)

If I had the ability to time travel I always wanted to go back in time to see a Doors show. Really tight live band. Only zoomers would disagree. The double disc best of album was a free pussy pass when I was in high school in the 90s

LOOK INTO IT

it's all CIA PSYOP

I'm CRAZY

Attached: eddie bravo.jpg (673x666, 43K)

youtu.be/7AfMf70gxbY

Attached: 1562346766281.jpg (1320x876, 173K)

Pop music in general not just rock, and really only since WWII, though you can see the proto forms of psyop with some earlier forms of jazz and the emerging beatnik scene. Not all pop music or every pop artist, but mass programming to shape culture has been the major impetus behind the rise and fall of various styles of music and artists. Spontaneous grass roots scenes can only arise locally, if it becomes nation wide, there are forces pushing it. Boomers aren't entirely to blame since they were the first generation subjected to the psyop and it worked to stunning effect.

sounds dorky, at least jimmy page did chopin even though he was drunk and stoned.

youtube.com/watch?v=wlG_ARoekS8

Attached: 1.jpg (2830x1402, 1.53M)

Agreed.
For those not in the know,
Look into Theo Adorno.
You will probably be too stupid to even read it, but,
Just try.

>hurrr I'm so good at reading marxist gobbledygook ur probably dumb
>not posting this
marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/ge/benjamin.htm

sad and lame

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ever heard of The Byrds?

The Door's producer was Paul Allen Rothschild.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_A._Rothchild

Attached: paul allen.jpg (1600x926, 101K)

Go ahead and stroke a cock gently;
Maybe the hurt will go away.

>producer for both The Doors and Janis Joplin
>Jim and Janis both died at 27
What the actual fuck?

Attached: 1445778148910.jpg (448x486, 46K)

Nice Find, my friend.

Shut the fuck up retard. None of this shit is hard. You sound like an actual marxist
>I spent so much time on them raping a thesaurus I am so smrat
You just, thankfully, skipped over the
>so it must be correct (good)
Part that usually happen.

Attached: received_2183978915029189.jpg (1080x832, 60K)

Faustian bargains

Did you say something?

>broke into a song called "Don't Look Back in Anger" by the band Oasis. No fucking way in hell that a bunch of strangers would start singing some semi-obscure track from fucking Oasis. Those dudes were nothing but a one half-hit wonder at best
>I'm 28 and I'd never even heard that song before in my life, and didn't even realize that they were the Wonderwall meme band until recently. I literally had to look them up and still was unfamiliar with them. Yet people all over Yea Forums (aka psyop shills) act like they were supposedly incredibly popular and super well-known back in the day. Apparently they were supposed to have had success even in America, yet I never even knew they existed outside of Wonderwall until that event. I even checked out the Wonderwall video too and there was blatant MKULTRA imagery in it.

This is a joke post, right?

Are you like 50 years old? I can only envision a gen Xer acting like this.

The Doors suck
youtube.com/watch?v=MOQ3WXSp0o0
Led Zeppelin sucks
youtube.com/watch?v=wp8I9LjkBoY

Some of you are having a hard time.
I'm not here to alleviate your guilt for being willfully retarded.
Learn something, or shoot yourself (in the face).
Hypothetically, of course.

lel this is almost the perfect bait
8.5/10 very well done user

Attached: 1559828259242.png (480x360, 244K)

I, actually, do not think you can imagine much, beyond your own lil 4 inch penis, hypothetically, penetrating... something... someday.

Shine on you crazy diamond

give it a rest cringe bro

Attached: received_1761130707288613.png (991x630, 641K)

homme is so hot jfc

>Doesn't like doors.
>Hate's America.

Post good music then, let's see!

>opeth

geezus go rent some taste

youtu.be/RjxKVAOZCQY

Attached: jhomme.png (516x359, 327K)

I learned you are a zoomer who gets so triggered from not knowing a song that you red pill yourself to cope

youtu.be/9CZJbrw8mjE

Dude even I know this song and I'm younger than you.

Plus that was in England where Oasis are way more popular.

>ctrl+f
>no crystal ship
cmon guys.
youtube.com/watch?v=bU1sLx1tjPY

Attached: 1563494683824.jpg (512x512, 17K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sC0cvwnG0Ik

Prob a zoomer or a faggot its same thing though

Show me the way
To the next little girl
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why
For if we don't find
The next little girl
I tell you we must die

youtube.com/watch?v=DX42_3ZKv8c

Were they /ourguys/?

Oh I get it, you need your music to be clean and nice, very straight forward so that the meaning is handed to you on a silver platter so there's no room for un-necessary contemplation . Yeah I'll take the Doors thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=AS0HrXHkWA4

holy shit, that was a good song
youtube.com/watch?v=aHAExmqWODY

What the fuck are you talking about? That was songs by the talking heads, bob marley, frank zappa and chicago mixed together. Umphrey's isn't my favorite band but here's a live original
youtu.be/zAogrGZJrqg

Disrespects the dead while praising the living. Crosby is a bitch made, that got scared of getting his 90 year old weeble body knocked out by an 80 year old drummer.

DUDE DMT LMAO
DUDE FIBONACCI

Attached: images.png (240x210, 7K)

Is An American Prayer their best album or their worst?

Attached: F079A40F-7966-45E5-8153-4A34961E14FA.jpg (389x389, 13K)

wait a minute, do you actually think the doors songs were deep and meaningful? you are beyond saving at this point.

Here are a couple of frank zappa songs i like a lot
youtu.be/Tsa-zhSY8Qc
youtu.be/wtx4ZJ1cwI0

Foo fighters for people who think they're cool

You miss the point of The Doors. The music relates to psychological states that are not SOUND and nice. The best way I can explain it is that Apocalypse Now and The Doors are married to each other now.

It's really masculine music for when you're fed up with it all, and you want to split from the program. See song below.

youtube.com/watch?v=agwMwbmMNbk&list=PL7nN2aF_iAEdIFNk9_MwWmGFSRK0LWKKn&index=67&t=0s

Attached: 1525904702695.jpg (420x420, 21K)

Little girl was slang. He wasn't literally looking for a little girl exactly. I remember when preachers were so unhip they pointed to these exact lyrics. Definitely ephebiphies, not pedophiles.

The doors suck dude. If you want to smoke pot and listen to experimental music listen to pre-1970s pink floyd or frank zappa or even fucking edgar winter is a million times better than the doors

Its floyd that sucks my guy

Barrett-era Floyd is godtier

kys

Holy shit guys relax. I listen to Floyd, Pumpkins, Doors, just all the classic shit. There's classic shit that I don't like, for example Iron Maiden and stuff like that, but I appreciate it. Personalities are different; and one music enthusiast won't like Pumpkins not matter how hard I try to convince him.

Not him but its your mum that sucks you tastelet

In thomas pynchon's the crying of lot 49 a member of a teenage surfer group has his gf stolen by a 40 year old rich dude and writes and song about all the humbert humberts stealing the nymphettes and how he'll be forced to date an 8 year old. It also details an extensive underground communications network that connects civil rights activists, neo nazis and weapons contractors. His other book gravity's rainbow is about operation paperclip and Mkultra, and another book of his against the day has time travelers named trump and cohen who work with nazis. He dropped out of cornell to join the navy and work for boeing before writing this stuff. Its weird. A big part of inherent vice the movie failed to convey is the heavy implication the government is involved in charlie manson, cults and drug running.

Attached: received_1478998978897814.jpg (1080x1242, 113K)

Sounds interesting. Think I got my night planned. Thanks user, even if it turns out to be bullshit.

Fuck you. Before the 1970s they were beyond the pale for rock and roll bands. They sounded like a 60s rock group but the indications of what they would become are there. The Wall is overrated and after waters left calling them pink floyd isn't even really fair anymore but you're a faggot and gay.

Not him but here's some more stuff pal
youtu.be/o2GjY8DN-7I
This guy going over us blues by the grateful dead is interesting because the lyric "I'm uncle sam that's who I am/been hiding out in a rock and roll band" is weird. Ken kesey was a lab rat
youtu.be/q77uCvBdVSg
This next one goes fucking deep and even if its a larp its fun. youtu.be/OBS5lSoPsaY

Thanks, bro.

wow, its almost like you think that using music to unwind is a new idea.

I was replying to someone. Everyone is a contrarian on here.

you were replying to me and I get it, you like the doors for their sound, nothing wrong with that. but if thats your take on them then why do you think there is deeper meaning. Do you even know what The End is conveying? if so then you should dig up ol' Jimbo and tell him because not even he knew. hell, he just threw in an oedipus reference because it sounds deep.

>caring what a song is "about"
I hate the door but jesus christ dude. Do you listen to songs for the lyrics? Do you also watch movies for the sound track?
>inb4 9000 examples of well scored films
Not the point

To further illustrate my point here is the song camel walk by phish. It's "about" dancing I guess. Its nonsense. But its fucking awesome and everyone grooves their butts off to it.
youtu.be/PEbfdOxAYP8

I didn't know that Jim didn't know what he was creating, but I believe in accidental genius. For example, in the movie Apocalypse Now, it was supposed to be making fun of how stupid war is. What happened instead? A surreal depiction of Vietnam, and a very MASCULINE movie.

What I meant to say about 'deeper meaning' is that a song can be very superficial, and then you add psychological states (not drugs) to it and it becomes deep; it become rebellious against say... being conformist. That's how The Doors is: It's madness and masculinity through music.

This Miles Davis song 'so what' has no lyrics, but it's deep on a psychological level and you feel like a man listening to it; it's rebellious.

youtube.com/watch?v=zqNTltOGh5c

This one believe it or not is about UFOs and aliens ;^) youtu.be/t55hEyal60w

I was referring back to the post when it was implied the doors songs had meaning required contemplation. then it turns out he only cares about the aesthetic. that's cool, but I fail to see meaning behind it.

Oh no wait, here we go. The Moma Dance into Twist. Now this is a fucking fire performance and the lyrics are merely accents. The Doors SUCK btw
youtu.be/A_kmn4mPVD0

ITT:
>I don't like band X so they're trash
>but band Y is good because I like them
also conspiratards

This is a cover they did, Jim didn't write it, but they made it famous

No the doors are bad because they don't have a bass player and the OP is an accurate representation of what they sound like. Jim felt this way about one of their tunes resembling a tide detergent jingle and put "stronger than dirt" at the end of a song, but they all sound like that
>conspiratards
It's for the most part all true. Hippie culture is weird and the grateful dead are a self propagating cult with many deadheads in their 20s getting felonies and dying delling cocaine heroin mdma and ketamine. Ken Kesey was a cia lab rat and phish's first three festivals were on active airforce bases immediately after jerry garcia died. They were also in really tight with the hells angels. None of this is a secret. the bit about kesey is even in The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test.

first album is entry level garbage
the soft parade is where it all comes together

Attached: 1.jpg (1200x1600, 297K)

HEY WHITE BOY WHATCHU DOING UP TOWN

Attached: Lou+Reed.jpg (400x400, 40K)

I wasn't clear because I didn't understand it myself. It has to do with a persons personality. When I listen to The Doors, my psychological state fills in the blanks and it becomes music specific to me. I had a fucked up childhood and music like that is... correct for me.

Basically you're going to say that I'm imagining things. Well maybe I am, what's wrong with filling in the blanks?

>No the doors are bad because they don't have a bass player and the OP is an accurate representation of what they sound like. Jim felt this way about one of their tunes resembling a tide detergent jingle and put "stronger than dirt" at the end of a song, but they all sound like that
refer to

Only fucking betas don't like the Doors.
Show yourself out.

Attached: rj macready helicopter pilot us outpost number 31.jpg (1280x842, 245K)

I hope that's real

No you. There's even a song for you.
youtu.be/AhVW0vMljP8

STRONGER THAN DIRT :DDDD

>have the doors on my mind
>come to Yea Forums
>a based doors thread is thriving
feels good

Attached: 1531800362348.png (666x666, 29K)

Imagine being so much of an absolute plebe that you can't appreciate The Doors or Zeppelin, holy fuck we are doomed.

Imagine being such a dadrock boomer you think guitar noodling pop rock is the height of music.

Im 23 and ive been a huge doors fan since i was 14, mainly because i had a lot of older friends who introduced me to them, also pink floyd

B-but they were..

Those lyrics aren’t even from the same song fag.

Amazing no one's posted this yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=6LSCoBk8hgU

Based

I'm hating on the doors the most ITT and I like zappa. Zeppelin is pretty good.

Kino

Remember when Jim stomped a thanksgiving turkey into mush for some reason?

thats fine user, I got sidetracked anyway because the thread is about doors music in war movies, which I think your right about when you suggested its a surreal depiction of vietnam. my personal dislike for the doors is unwarranted.

Morrison Hotel and L A. woman for me. But, the soft parade on certain days.

kill yourself, Reddit.

Literally who

Gay bullshit diddling the same scale over and over no mode changes at all

Attached: 61ADD9F1-2BE3-4824-9601-16F94702EDB1.jpg (240x196, 13K)

Fags in these threads need to take the prog rock pill. Also other good music to listen to

>Moody Blues
>Beach Boys
>Sly Stone
>Badfinger
>Crosby Stills and Nash
>Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship
>The Grass Roots
>Mobey Grape
>Fairport Convention
>Anthony Philips
>Bee Gees
>Hot Chocolate
>KC and the Sunshine Band
>Supertramp
>King Crimson
>Jethro Tull
>Pentagle
>The Archies
>Steve Hackett

Damn Julie Bowen looks like that?

X sucks

>guitar noodling pop rock

Attached: 1554905150974.jpg (700x700, 209K)

>Not including Roky Erikson and the Thirteenth Floor Elevators.

What song did they steal in order to make Kashmir?

FAT

ITT zoomers and braindead soundcloud rap fans who can't appreciate The Doors audiokino. Morrison's whole family may have glowed in the dark, but he was a god-tier vocalist and frontman and the band made great music. They're "subversive" qualities are nothing compared to what is peddled today by the likes Miley Cyrus or Arena Grenade. "Break on Through" can pretty much be used in any movie trailer and fits perfectly.

Houses of the Holy? You dumb bastard