NOOOOOOOOOOOO AVATAR BROS

NOOOOOOOOOOOO AVATAR BROS
WE GOT COCKY

Attached: Capture.png (1179x887, 753K)

but i just took this screenshot a second ago?

Attached: wat.png (580x82, 6K)

Cameron will be back on top with the Avatar sequels.

He's the absolute master of getting people to go the theater. He got a movie about the fucking Titanic to be the highest grossing film of all time, the dude's a fucking genius.

>Cameron will be back on top with the Avatar sequels.

Attached: 1547825306354.png (227x228, 91K)

I mean, look at Avatar; it was based on absolutely no source material and yet it rocked to the top of the box office. Do you people even understand how astonishingly rare it is for a completely original film to do THAT well financially? Star Wars is the only precedent, really.

The tickets were purchased by Disney. It's not real.

>The tickets were purchased by Disney. It's not real.

Attached: 1537008039056.webm (960x540, 2.32M)

Unlike the capeshit Marvel movies, Cameron has consistently been able to get films to the top of the box office purely on his own merit as a film maker.

There was no hype for a Titanic movie. There was no hype for a movie about blue aliens shot in 3D (which, at the time, was widely dismissed as a gimmick from the 90's). And yet they became the highest grossing films of all time.

>Unlike the capeshit Marvel movies, Cameron has consistently been able to get films to the top of the box office purely on his own merit as a film maker.
>
>There was no hype for a Titanic movie. There was no hype for a movie about blue aliens shot in 3D (which, at the time, was widely dismissed as a gimmick from the 90's). And yet they became the highest grossing films of all time.

Attached: 1548984951922.gif (625x250, 1.58M)

>implying he won't re-release Avatar before his sequel to show off new 3d tech

>had to spend the marketing budget of a small country's GDP
Now show the per theater averages

Oh my god, Marvelfags are the fucking worst. It took literally DOZENS of fucking movies in your shitty franchise and Disney constantly buying off reviews and artificially inflating hype to get to this "achievement". Congratulations.

these threads should be a bannable offense

>inflation

Avatar was primarily seen in theaters because of the 3d. You might not be old enough to remember but it was sold more as a spectacle than a standard movie. And we'll done to him as it did work but it was really just a well done gimmick, with zero home Re-watchability.

And I'm not even a Cameronfag. I find his movies to generally be shallow and lacking in any innovation outside of the purely technical, but I can still recognize that he's a wizard at making movies that the masses will go see.

dilate

I'm well aware of the 3D aspect of the film, which you would realize if you weren't too retarded to read my entire post, but the point stands that Avatar was an original film that topped the box office, a crowning achievement to have in a film maker's career.

>counting the re-release bullshit
nice fake numbers

Holy shit, took embarrassingly long enough. I'm not sure if you guys should be celebrating lmao

Yea Forums
DC fags
Incels
Russian Bots
Nazis
Wypepo

All on suicide watch.

I believe they re-released Avatar as well.

literally the exact opposite usage of the meme. disney shill

Myterious bumps

Jun. 30 (weekend of re-release):
>2,764,881,856

Week 1: Jul. 7
>2,772,469,552
>+7,587,696

Week 2: Jul. 14
>2,781,212,415
>+8,742,863

Week 3: Jul. 21
>2,789,700,000
>+8,487,585

Lol I disagree. It's an average film with an above average gimmick. Sure it made a lot of money based on his efforts to create and develop the technology required to shoot it, but, really that's no different from the cold factory capeshit process Feige developed to produce endgame. They're both shit films.

>avatar: 2.78 billions in 10 months (+ several re-releases)
>avatar: 2.79 billions in 4 months

it's time to admit that Avatar was a massive flop and a cinematic failure

Just like when you said Alita Battle Angel will make two billion?

>it was based on absolutely no source material
its pocahontas/dances with wolves in space with blue aliens instead of native americans you fucking retard
there is nothing 'original' about it.

Got a citation for Avatar being based on those movies?

Attached: AvatarDCucksBTFO.jpg (1080x1326, 261K)

>N-NO. YOU CAN'T DO THAT MUH Yea Forums CULTURE DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW. JANNIES!

Attached: 1561067408733.jpg (241x228, 26K)

Attached: reddit avatar.jpg (587x394, 77K)

Is that why Alita bombed?

OH NO NO NO

Attached: the untold story.png (589x281, 26K)

Pretty rare endcuck has had 20 films of buildup

>directed by Robert Rodriguez
this is the problem with capeshitters, they don't understand anything about movie making

>bombed
It was profitable. It wasn't a huge success, but it didn't bomb.

That wasnt even cameron you braindead marvel cuck

>"Guys I'm not a cameronfag"
>Same fucking line, calls him a "wizard at making movies".

I believe you, user. Course I do.

It's not that rare. Original movies used to be tops of the Box Office all the time. You sound like you were born in 1998.

Avatar 2 won't have the 3D gimmick to ride off of like the first did

James Cameron wrote the movie. You said that since “BASED” James Cameron wrote the movie that the movie would make billions of dollars and be the biggest movie of the summer because of James Cameron. And instead it bombed.
>It was profitable
It needed 500M to get out of the red. It only made 400M. It was a bomb. Deal with it.

I was the first person to ever say this back in 2009, and I meant it as a good thing. It's upsetting me all you queers say it now. Get your own similies.

well Alita was still RR highest grossing movie ever and it's building a strong cult following, so Cameron just breathing on it probably had some impact, but it's still not a Cameron movie

This but unironically.

>but it's still not a Cameron movie
That’s not what Yea Forums said.
Yea Forums said it was a BASED James Cameron movie and would make billions of dollars, win every Oscar, beat Captain Marvel, and be loved by every person on the planet.

>It needed 500M to get out of the red.
Fox said 350M. It made 404M.

Attached: AvatrDCucksBTFO.jpg (1080x1416, 383K)

cope

Well faggots, we're waiting

>30 minutes ago
Kill yourself.

They were right, since this was before the re-release

Maybe with the final film, but it will take Avatar 2 and 3 to be REALLY good.

Yea, but Avatar was only one movie. This was a two-part movie and the second part was put back into theaters as a quick cash grab. We can fairly judge this once Avatar 2 comes out and we add both movies earnings together.