/trek/ - Comic Con edition

Attached: MainCharacter.png (1504x501, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YhBBXHwEsIo
io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-discoverys-version-of-the-enterprise-had-to-1825276401
youtube.com/watch?v=c2U4OhLc_HY
trekmovie.com/2018/04/17/star-trek-discovery-uss-enterprise-design-change-clarified-as-creative-decision-not-a-legal-one/
youtube.com/watch?v=ojtX_Oz4WsU
screenrant.com/star-trek-section-31-spinoff-filming-start/
trekcore.com/blog/2019/01/section-31-series-may-not-arrive-until-star-trek-discovery-is-over-says-cbs-all-access-chief/
gamespot.com/articles/rick-and-morty-writer-reveals-new-star-trek-animat/1100-6468575/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All I see is Kirk got dumb, cartoon Kirk became a nigress, Picard got old, Sisko got a sex change and janeway became a gook

First two seasons of Voyager are actually not bad.

Voyager is basically
Season 1 - okay
Season 2 - good
Season 3 - bad
Season 4 - good
Season 5 - good
Season 6 - bad
Season 7 - okay

Since they're doing year long Star Trek with DSC, Picard, Lower Decks Section 31 and probably Pike, which do you hope is cancelled next so its replaced by another?

>Bridge
>Dark, smoke-filled, huge, empty
>Control panel looks like damaged injection-molded plastic
l-looks great... I can't wait to pay for my subscription to CBS All Access...

Attached: 1563662264220.jpg (1200x817, 174K)

A ship that isn't Starfleet doesn't look like an unconvincingly redressed Starfleet ship set they way they did in older shows, WOW

Why is the life support working area so huge? Is this a new galaxy class?

Looks hella diverse

>Kurtzman said Picard would be different from STD; a more thoughtful, contemplative, personal story about Jean-Luc trying to make amends with something
>it's just a capeshit end-of-the-universe only-the-chosen-one-can-save-us Kurtzman schlock like STD

>end-of-the-universe
Nothing implies this at all.

Why is Yea Forums so full of redditors

They hate anything cool. They hate Picard and Witcher

literally in the trailer
>SHE'S THE DESTROYER! THE END OF ALL THINGS!

It doesn't look like a Starfleet ship, so I'm fine with it.

>literally taking shit out of context to make it more then it actually is.

Attached: D_8k2dXU8AAki4U.jpg (3000x2000, 1.72M)

We know the real threat Picard will uncover

Attached: M'Tara.jpg (605x600, 410K)

Attached: D_8k5DGUwAAdX2p.jpg (3000x2000, 954K)

i cried when i saw data

>literally defending nutrek
why does she always have this face?

Because he's so ugly?

Attached: D_8klrrU0AAh1sr.jpg (3000x2000, 1.36M)

They are all Great.

someone should make a version of pic related with her face.

Attached: 1402433766626.jpg (246x213, 10K)

Attached: D_4sxykUwAArRP1.jpg (2048x1152, 151K)

so shes a Q?

kurtzman never said this, he said the opposite.

also kurtzman was fired.

no they hate shit that looks like it might be politically left garbage destroying good shows they liked from past

fucking parasites, the left.

>An iconian ship spreads across the stars as even more advanced ships start appearing

Attached: quark-tribbles.jpg (694x530, 65K)

>also kurtzman was fired.
Kek

>implying TNG wasn't politically left

The show is about Borg stuff and she instinctively went to Picard and thinks he should know who she is

She's going to be like a backup Borg Queen or something

>it's a "conservative tries to claim Star Trek as conservative" episode
Another rerun?

>more advanced
>then the Iconians
Na, the Iconians are the technological apex.

>also kurtzman was fired.

>2019
>still listening to brain damaged Youtubers

Or maybe a product of Locutus and the Queen.

hey samefag

Lurk more until you understand how timestamps work, newfriend.

But borg dont punch people over rails making them disappear in a flash of light....Qs do tho, they love flashen things in and out like that

Pretty sure the guy that got punched over the rails got beamed out, not flashed.

>Picard isn't even the captain

>that thigh gap
would inseminate

>star trek in 2019
>two niggers chimpin around
just let it die already

CBS and Viacom are merging back together and they've created an overall Trek division that will oversea ALL Trek, under Kurtzman

His role has literally expanded, not the opposite.

So I've only seen TNG, DS9, and VOY, how are they doing Big Bad Borg AGAIN when by the end of VOY they were bitchslapping them left and right with a single ship?

>how are they doing Big Bad Borg AGAIN
They fucking aren't. Watch the trailer.

Its the ROMULANS using a derelict Borg cube as a research base/prison camp.

This is shit. Coupled with the Orville being forced off broadcast TV it fucking sucks a bag of dicks today.

They aren't. The only Borg shit we see in the trailer is under Romulan control. If anything it seems like it'll actually deal with the fallout of VOY neutering the Borg.

>Coupled with the Orville being forced off broadcast TV it fucking sucks a bag of dicks today.

Attached: 1516358889135.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE TREK

This actually looks decent. 7of9 and Data could save it.
youtube.com/watch?v=YhBBXHwEsIo

It's not the fucking Enterpise. Probably a cargo ship.

YES IT DOES, IT'S NOT A STARFLEET SHIP

Seriously though, non-Starfleet ships are always dark and smoky.

Wow this looks like garbage, looks nothing like Command.

oh no no no

Attached: bridge.gif (600x300, 186K)

What if a Q was turned into a Borg?

Picard is a god.

We do not deserve him.

We are not worthy.

It literally looks like a fucking corridor set with a chair at the end.

>more thoughtful, contemplative, personal story
In trailer we see
>girl doing kung fu fighting
>Borg shit
I actually had hope before this trailer came out.

So, basically like an airplane?

Is this even a Federation ship?

>he thinks you can fly airplanes in space

Attached: 1563514123165.jpg (448x695, 142K)

Do you know nothing of Lord Xenu and his Douglas DC-8 airplanes?

Attached: Xenu_space_plane.jpg (512x512, 110K)

A terrible idea, indeed.

Attached: AR-190129697.jpg (1200x797, 48K)

If I'm remembering the casting info right, no, it's a civillian ship owned by a mercenary that uses it to transport people.

One thing I can't get over with Voyager is just how ruthless so many of the aliens are. From the Kazon to the Hirogen, the Akritirians, Krenim, Borg, and Srivani. Every single one is willing to brutalize, terrorize, and grievously harm the crew on Voyager. Despite all this, Janeway is content with following Federation protocol to the letter. Would it hurt them to beam some bastards out in to space when they board your ship?

Attached: hirogen.jpg (674x707, 56K)

Imagine living near the Borg.

THE ICONIANS ARE BEHIND IT ALL

I think this has potential. Remember it has to be 25% different from canon to be allowed to exist. Blame the greedy owners of the original rights. Having 7 and Data in it (maybe more to come) will at least lend credence to its existence. 7 still looks hot as fuck and Data did not look as old and crusty as I thought he might.

>Remember it has to be 25% different from canon to be allowed to exist.
Stop falling for retarded conspiracy theories.

Attached: 1563485852670.jpg (800x950, 197K)

this post was written by deltaquadrantgang

It's supposed to a reference to US foreign policy.

io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-discoverys-version-of-the-enterprise-had-to-1825276401

>“Back in April of 2017 the task of the Enterprise making an appearance came to be and work was to start right away,” Eaves explained (with some of the grammar modified for readability). “The task started with the guideline that the Enterprise for Discovery had to be 25% different, otherwise production would have most likely been able to use the original design from the 60's. But that couldn’t happen so we took Jefferies’ original concepts and with great care tried to be as faithful as possible. We had the advantage of a ten-year gap in Trek history to retro the ship a bit with elements that could be removed and replaced somewhere in the time frame of Discovery and the Original series.”

>“After Enterprise, properties of Star Trek ownership changed hands and was divided,, so what was able to cross TV shows up to that point changed and a lot of the crossover was no longer allowed,” he said. “That is why when JJ [Abrams]’s movie came along everything had to be different. The alternate universe concept was what really made that movie happen in a way as to not cross the new boundaries and give Trek a new footing to continue.”

Attached: Through2021.png (1832x451, 31K)

youtube.com/watch?v=c2U4OhLc_HY

>Discovery (S4)

Attached: bashirconstanza.jpg (428x467, 32K)

That guy literally didn't know what he was talking about

As much as I wish it'd get replaced by Pike or the NEXT Next Generation, it's here to stay for 5 more seasons

Now educate yourself:

trekmovie.com/2018/04/17/star-trek-discovery-uss-enterprise-design-change-clarified-as-creative-decision-not-a-legal-one/

It was a creative decision, not a legal decision.

Why does that look like a katric ark with a bajoran symbol?

yeah I'm sure the show designer had no idea what he was talking about when it came to the requirements for his job

oh yes the PR clean up job by Secret Hideout aka Bad Robot

youtube.com/watch?v=ojtX_Oz4WsU

we'll see given Netflix seems to hate the show

maybe Amazon will give it a shot

>haul out not just Picard but Data and Seven too.
Holy shit CBS must be desperate. Things must be far worse than are generally known.

Imagine believing this

or they know that the fans like these characters and neither of them have great careers post-strek

>7 of 9 is in
>still zero fucking DS9 characters
Holy shit, why is the best trek show continually shat on by producers? DS9 never gets any goddamn respect.
Also, needless to say it's some overrated zoomer shit.

>it's here to stay for 5 more seasons

Not a chance. As soon as Picard premieres, STD no longer has a reason to exist. Plus, that Section 31 spinoff no one wants has to get started sooner or later, and they aren't going to have four(!) Star Trek shows (3 live action + Lower Decks) running simultaneously.

>THEY'RE LYING BECAUSE MY SHITTY YOUTUBE CHANNEL SAYS SO
Once again: Stop falling for retarded conspiracy theories.

>midnights edge poster

Attached: 974356.gif (300x225, 1.24M)

>and they aren't going to have four(!) Star Trek shows (3 live action + Lower Decks) running simultaneously.
Sure they are. Not only that, but you forgot that there's another Star Trek cartoon coming to Nickelodeon too.

So they have Picard, Riker, Data, Troy, 7 of 9, and Hugh coming back from the older shows. Any chance of other old members coming for guest appearances?

They literally said they'll eventually have 5 Star Trek series running at the same time so they can have yearlong Star Trek + the kids show that'll be concurrent with others.

>video makes an argument
>instead of refuting it, CONSPIRACY THEORIES!1!!

amazing argument

Q will be in the season finale.
Season 2 will have Worf, Kira Nerys, Odo and Rom.

I think Whoopi will show up at least once during S1. I'd eventually like to see a Captain Barclay eventually.

>STD no longer has a reason to exist
By what logic? Its so far into the future that its an entirely different thing.

Might as well say DS9 had no reason to exist the moment Voyager started airing.

DS9 wasn't a terrible show

I want a Short Trek showing Colonel Richey languishing in The Royale for decades.

Attached: The Royale Manga.jpg (747x900, 833K)

DS9 was art though.
DSC is good but it won't stand up any longer against Picard since Picard has good characters and a slower paced story.

that would be referencing something people actually liked, out of the question

>producers explain a misunderstanding
>instead of refuting their claim, you insist that they're secretly lying because it's a conspiracy
Stop, please.

How is it [current year] and you STILL haven't figured out that Midnight's Edge is full of total bullshit? Hey, remember this gem from them?

>Star Trek Discovery would effectively be a reboot, one that would replace the Prime Timeline with trans-dimensional universes, using Sarek and his trans-dimensional counterparts as the trigger point.

>The story of the pilot involves Spock's father Sarek and the explanation of how two other roles played by original Sarek actor Mark Lenard-- a Romulan commander and a Klingon commander-- were trans-dimensional incarnations of Sarek himself.

Attached: Midnight's Edge.jpg (1000x2300, 396K)

>people don't like Sarak
>people don't like Spock
>people don't like the Enterprise
>people don't like Pike
>people don't like Picard
>people don't like Data
>people don't like Riker

Attached: 1562035877255.jpg (692x530, 80K)

Picard is a one season show with 10 episodes, while Discovery has been said that it will likely keep running for years.

Picard was the show always destined to be quickly phased out. Pat Stewart is old.

>std good
Somebody get these fucking zoomers out of here.

Picard is slated for 3 seasons with a potential for a movie.

Don't say shit if you don't know shit.

It's almost midnight, when does your shift end?

Attached: One Cake Frakes.jpg (561x758, 325K)

They have a "Starfleet museum" display where Picard post retirement awards and commendations are displayed, that's one from Bajor

Attached: 2345345.jpg (624x1398, 233K)

>eating cake on 9/11
disgusting

>By what logic?

It's a terrible show that would have been cancelled already if it wouldn't panic investors who need to see CBS All Access succeed.

>Might as well say DS9 had no reason to exist the moment Voyager started airing.

Oversaturation killed TNG-era Trek. This time around it's going to burn out even faster.

>Picard is slated for 3 seasons with a potential for a movie.
Incorrect.

Patrick Stewart himself has said the show is only scheduled for one season of 10 episodes, but they MIGHT go for up to three seasons.

Riker has been assimilated by the Borg to infiltrate Starfleet for the collective, but he's dummy thicc and the clap of his ass cheeks keep alerting security

Attached: Captains.png (1504x501, 1.58M)

>caring about some normie event 20 years after the fact

>Oversaturation killed TNG-era Trek
Either that or the move to UPN. When CBS bought UPN, they killed Trek.

yes, that was a rumor going around

are you really that shocked that a show that fired its showrunner (Bryan Fuller) before it was even released had a bunch of shit floating around as to what they did. RMB has said on his channel that Fuller's staff says their vision of STD was practically a completely different show.

also, looking back at it, the Red Angel plotline seems like a bastardized version of that idea.

It's the most popular show off all time in Germany. It's making money, so why not milk it.

Yeah reminds me of that tragedy

>yes, that was a rumor going around
Was it really going around?

Did ANYBODY hear it going around other than the bullshitters at Midnight's Edge?

Can you not read that text and use your own basic common sense to see that it was obviously ALWAYS bullshit?

CBS has said that the section 31 show would likely air AFTER Discovery is done, and its supposed to air in 2021, after Discovery S3. S3 will likely be the end of Discovery, with the Crew getting back, but leaving the ship behind so it can be found by Craft in Calypso.

All of the new Trek shows are designed to be relatively short lived
-Disco is only set for 3 seasons.
-Picard is only set for one season of 10 episodes, but can go up to 3.
-Lower Decks is only scheduled for 2 seasons, and S1 is only 10 episodes.
-The Ceti Alpha V project involving Khan was only going to be 3 episodes
-The rumored Starfleet Academy series will likely only go n for 4 seasons, each season = one year at the academy
-Section 31 is unlikely to go on for long due to Yeoh being fairly busy
etc. etc.

Who's the best captain?

Kirk
Picard
Jellico
Sisko
Janeway
Archer
Georgiou (prime)
Lorca (mirror)
Pike
Saru
Ransom
Georgiou (mirror)

>-Disco is only set for 3 seasons.
Citation sorely needed.
Midnight's Edge doesn't count.

I'd be hyped if this was the case though. A Craft series would trump fucking Burnham so hard.

They film STD in Canada, they don't have 9/11 there.

>Commander Data. You do know that we have fat reducing technology in the future right?'
'Captain. This is my extra storage capacity'
'I told you to lay off the fish and isolinear chips'

>Mr. Moore that's company property.

Attached: Ron Moore's House.jpg (1014x867, 164K)

>-Disco is only set for 3 seasons.
Bullshit

screenrant.com/star-trek-section-31-spinoff-filming-start/
After SEASON 3. Not after Discovery period, faggot

general was better when STD had a containment general desu

>Citation sorely needed.
trekcore.com/blog/2019/01/section-31-series-may-not-arrive-until-star-trek-discovery-is-over-says-cbs-all-access-chief/
>“When I look at how the schedule is theoretically laying out on my desk, it does not feel like it’s one after another,” she said, adding that by the time the Yeoh-led series premieres, “Discovery” may be over.

>“Some of these can be considered as replacements as opposed to additions,” she said. “These ‘Trek’ shows take a lot of incubation, because they’re very prep heavy, visual effects heavy… we’re seeing it more as we’re getting a good jump on making sure that there is a good fulsome stream of ‘Trek’ material.”

They talk about not having all these shows running at the same time, that some are going to "replace" others, and comments that Sec 31 might not air until Discovery is over.

Section 31 isn't going to come out until 2021, after Disco S3 is over. Based on the comments above, Disco will likely end, and Sec 31 takes its place.

Nobody cares.

Shit nigga you right. Apologies on my end

Wonder if since 2020 is Picard and Lower Decks premieres if 2021 will be Section 31 and Pike's since Pike is all but confirmed after today

Pike seems like something that'd rake in as many viewers as Picard unlike Discovery

>Pike seems like something that'd rake in as many viewers as Picard unlike Discovery

Reminder: Discovery is an extremely successful show with a lot of viewers

>and Pike's since Pike is all but confirmed after today
If so, it will be a mini-series

Otherwise there wouldn't be 4 new Star Treks on its way. No one is subscribing to All Access except to watch Star Trek.

Though Picard I imagine will rake in a large audience than Discovery. If you have Picard raking in 6x while Discovery is only raking in 2x (while that was impressive when it was compared to a bunch of .3x shows), would you keep doing Discovery or would you create something that could rake in closer to the 6x Picard is doing?

Honestly I'd prefer mini-series right now unless it's REALLY good. I want Picard to go on as long as possible. Section 31 probably could do 4 seasons. Lower Decks I don't care about anymore after seeing the shitty art. Pike being short is fine. Do a bunch of good short series and a few long great ones.

>Reminder: Discovery is an extremely successful show with a lot of viewers

Attached: data.gif (365x274, 3.42M)

Fix'd.

Attached: Through2021.png (1830x449, 31K)

isnt midnights edges some sweedish or finish thing, they aint got no access to american sources on american television

Star Trek characters are larger than life. Some more so than others.

Attached: Fata.jpg (1358x1070, 364K)

>An award
FML

I wonder how BF is handling the reveal of Fat Data.

Probably trying to get him to lay off the isolinear chips.

what the fuck is that CalArts bullshit about, please tell me they aren't making a fucking Star Trek: Stephen Universe

Attached: D_zsGT-WkAAvZCq.png (692x530, 601K)

You don't know how much this hurts me. It should have never happened.

It's called Lower Decks and its art looks awful
I was so excited until today

I like how they tried to hide/smooth out the bags under his eyes, and failed.

I personally don't see why people expected anything different from an animated comedy show done by a Rick and Morty fag

>please tell me they aren't making a fucking Star Trek: Stephen Universe

He doesn't know.

gamespot.com/articles/rick-and-morty-writer-reveals-new-star-trek-animat/1100-6468575/

>yfm you realize that the original series crew was younger in undiscovered country than the tng crew is now

>Shatner is older then Patrick Stewart
Pat looks so much worse for his age though

It's because Shatner is a Q IRL

He doesn't age
He looks so healthy and handsome still

No he doesn't. Shatner is hitting that not really mobile anymore stage too.

Attached: 89327469721364.jpg (750x400, 79K)

Fat people always look younger than they really are.

She's a mediocre actress. It's her "I'm a human raised by vulcan so I'm like totally logical and shit" face.

Attached: e956df19c23b242770b14a1e45d1dc69cc6052c411425c825e895b9619ef736d.jpg (540x540, 21K)

We didn't expect anything different. Even though you know a punch is coming straight to your face and it's going to hit you, it still fucking hurts.

Here's my theory on the plot for Picard. The girl is some kind of super weapon to be used against the Borg. Created by Romulans or Vulcans. For whatever reason she went on the run. Probably because the only way to infiltrate the Borg hive was have her be assimilated. She said 'Fuck that!' and went on the run. She ran to Picard for help because he has deep and intimate knowledge of the Borg and Borg technology. 7 of 9 ishows up because she is also part Borg. Not sure who is trying to kill her though. Maybe the Borg figured out the plan and sent out spies in human guise to kill her just in case.

Just a wild guess though.

Oh god, I thought that was going to be live action.
I pictured something like the TNG episode, a show focusing on random ensigns/LTs but still serious.

>Oh god, I thought that was going to be live action.
They said from the very beginning it was an animated comedy show. Hell, we knew it was an animated comedy before we knew what the name was.

I'm more betting she is a backup borg queen who was deborged, and thus, could be plug back into the Collective to take it over.

Kinda makes sense.

What are the odds someday we'll see a character from Lower Decks cameo in a live-action series/movie?

That would explain why she subconsciously feels safe with Picard

I do wonder just how big of a story they can tell when S1 is only 10 episodes long.

Even Discovery's seasons, which are fairly short, were 14-15 episodes, this is a good 1/3 shorter.

10 hours is shorter than the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

DONT DISCUSS THINGS ON /r/STARTREK

Attached: polls.png (1403x458, 39K)

I've been saying for years that you can easily tell the difference between normalfag "fans" that have appropriated nerd culture as a fad from actual nerdy fans by the way one group actually discusses, argues, and shits on the things they like over constant and uncritical fauning over it like consumerist whores that normalfags are. I shit on Star Trek but I don't hate Star Trek, these normalfags don't understand anything about what it means to be a fan.

Attached: e7a.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

Fucking thank you.

I fucking hate the place, but Yea Forums is unreliable for keeping up to date with game/TV news and trying to have discussions or polls here tend to start and end in shitposting that may or may not reflect their actual opinions.

So I either get constant circlejerking about how everything post-ENT is devilspawn or a hugbox where you're banned from saying anything but praise

Wow what a surprise, an RLM opinion parrot with an RLM reaction image

Get gassed

found the consumerist normalfag that can't enjoy things without undying worship, not to mention a contrarian dipshit that is incapable of reading an argument objectively

Attached: 22b.jpg (320x320, 22K)

>consumerist normalfag
based I really liked when they bought all those star wars toys with patreon money for a joke video it was hilarious or when they made Space Cop but "didn't try" because its cool to be ironically bad

This.
>complaining about brainless consumerists while parroting your favorite youtube morons

>oh wow, he posted a relevant reaction image, clearly the entire argument is invalidated because he may watch a youtube channel I don't like, despite absolutely no evidence proving that point or even relevant to the discussion at hand

Attached: 4564564.jpg (625x461, 29K)

RLM fans are fucking hypocrites. They act exactly like the fanboys they make fun of, except instead of obsessing over a franchise, it's over some fat guy and his friends.

>posts a single reaction pic
>REEEEE RLM FAGGOTS ARE RUINING MY CIRCLEJERK

I want to see an Enterprise-B show DESU

we've got 2 cakes frakes
what will we call fat data?

isn't it also on prime?

CBSAA in America, Prime everywhere else

terabyte data?

Were we supposed to know who the brown waifu with the curlies was supposed to be? I can't remember her.

>borg prison with organics in jumpsuits
its not just humans, since theres an andorian and a twilek in there, so I guess borgs are organic / passing for organic, now?

Terafloppytits Data