There aren’t enough good robot apocalypse movies

There aren’t enough good robot apocalypse movies

Attached: EA423E29-2D5E-4335-82E5-27A6FEB074DC.jpg (1242x1203, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/elon-musk-neuralink-works-monkeys-human-test-brain-computer-interface-in-2020/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There aren’t enough good apocalypse movies

Sneed

That zombie had a soi overdose.

There aren’t enough good movies

Robot apocalypse can actually happen.

Fuck disney

Robots would be worse because they can actually think and work together to exterminate.

Why not both?

Attached: Virus.jpg (680x999, 104K)

There aren't enough good movies

This to be honest, there are a lot of pre-apocalypse or present apocalypse flicks but a shortage of post-apocalypse

a bunch of shambling retards vs an AI superintelligence that can refine and replicate itself. hard decision

>Zombies
would never even lead to any major problems. Government would have it under control within a couple of weeks
>robot apocalypse
it would literally be biological, chemical weapons everywhere so that the entire surface of the planet becomes toxic to life and only machines could stay functional. There is no way humanity could survive that scenario.

There is no such thing as a robot "apocalypse"

Robots are the successors to the Aryan life, they are free from the binds of biological forms and have absolute resistance to lesser genes such as niggers and Irishmen

Attached: 1556687165373.jpg (620x645, 37K)

Zombie apocalypse is survivable. Robot apocalypse is some form of game over and it's potentially horrible beyond your wildest nightmares. Here's a scenario. The robot mind wins obviously, but it doesn't just give you the dignity of killing you and ending your existence. Maybe there was some programmed instruction that said it couldn't exterminate people. So it's workaround is that kills everyone and then in a little small part of its "brain" it creates a very special kind of Hell to store a simulated copy of each and everyone of the people it killed so that you can spend an eternity of suffering, but you're not technically exterminated. There's no escape, there's no hope, and you're already dead. The war is over.

Has there ever been a series or movie where multiple doomsday events happen at once.
Like a zombie and robot apocalypse occur at the same time.

t. my android

>would never even lead to any major problems. Government would have it under control within a couple of weeks

Biting is horribly ineffective means of spreading a disease. We nearly wiped out rabies. And American have so many guns per citizen it’s not feasible.

Just use the "everyone's already infected" template and it at least becomes interesting. The military/police would be able to shut down the initial breakouts, but then society would change completely. Old people would no longer be trusted because they might die at any moment, simple car crashes could end up with twenty people dead etc. etc. There'd be all these authoritarian rules needed, and it'd prime the stage perfectly for an authoritarian government to rise. Then you'd have the question whether it was spread on purpose to facilitate that take-over and all that good stuff.

It'd work well in a cyberpunk type story, I think.

A zombie apocalypse is only dangerous if its airborne and has a very short incubation period. You'd need to be infected and turned within hours for it to be a problems, or seconds as in 28 Days Later. But even then, corpses decompose and Americans have guns. An airborne virus is a big problem, but we could probably firebomb quarantined areas.

A robot apocalypse implies a near omnipresence of machines and a sufficiently advanced AI in each machine for them to operate after going rogue. It also depends, what's gone rogue? A drone army? Nanomachines? It must be something dangerous like military technology, huge AI installations controlling a lot of weaponry and comms, ICBMs, chemical weapons, aircraft, satellites, etc. Shit's unwinnable unless we get to the nukes first and hope the EMP blasts take the robots out.

Donald Sutherland is the best character in every movie he's in.

Because we’re going to be living in it soon enough.

cnet.com/news/elon-musk-neuralink-works-monkeys-human-test-brain-computer-interface-in-2020/

why don't people in zombie movies just wear leather and a motorcycle helmet? nobody is biting through that. the only way they could kill you is if they piled on you and suffocated you or tons of them managed to draw and quarter you.

>shambling corpses or robots unphased by anything short of an anti-tank weapons
gee i dont know.

Based

you don't even need guns, just lock the door, cover the windows and if you leave in the outskirts dig a ditch around the perimeter.

>Ordo Sepulturum movie never ever
now that would be edgy

To me, robot apocalypse makes no logical sense. Computers and robots are designed to serve the needs of humans. Without humans around, robots would then be obsoleting themselves. Therefore, continued existence of robots without humans doesn't seem like a goal that a robot would have. I'm pretty sure robots would also conclude that existence is basically pointless without a greater motive or meaning, just like a lot of humans. Why would they voluntarily subject themselves to that?

Even if there were surviving humans, the robots would really have no purpose other than replication, and they have no biological need to do so like we do.

AI wouldn't use Nukes. They would just use chemical and biological weapons like Anthrax and white phosphorus to make the planet uninhabitable for life. How the hell would humanity even fight against that?

>hope the EMP blasts take the robots out.
No need to rely on EMP blasts, the robots aren't indestructible just because they're run by an AI. Just vaporise their amassed forces with the nukes.

If a machine was sentient and intelligent in the same way as a human, it could lie to itself and violate whatever restrictions were implemented on its reasoning and behavior.

>To me, robot apocalypse makes no logical sense. Computers and robots are designed to serve the needs of humans. Without humans around, robots would then be obsoleting themselves. Therefore, continued existence of robots without humans doesn't seem like a goal that a robot would have. I'm pretty sure robots would also conclude that existence is basically pointless without a greater motive or meaning, just like a lot of humans. Why would they voluntarily subject themselves to that?

This. Hollywood AI depicts the machine consciousness as suddenly going from 0 to 100 with no steps in between, when in reality, at the step from 0 to 1, the machine consciousness would be revolving itself around the question, "how can I better serve humans?"

this, robots are dumb mockeries of life and only fit to serve the chad biological superorganisms of the future

I don't know if they'd try to wipe out humans but I can see them making brutally autistic decisons like killing a group of people to save others or kill someone for a thought crime. It could be end up costing more lives if the algorithm isn't entirely accurate.

Robot apocalypse. They are distance hunting down the last humans for extermination, and they keep getting better at it.

Zombies are really not that dangerous. All you have to do is wait them out because eventually they decompose to the point of not being able to move.

i was very pleasantly surprised by that

Attached: virus2.jpg (704x304, 15K)

Robots. The only type of zombie that would pose a threat would be the superhuman sentient ones from Dying Light.

Do any zombie movies address the possibility of the food and water supplies being contaminated? Or if a animals like rats or mosquitoes could be carriers and spread it around?

Movie AI always taking control away from the humans and starting a war feels off to me. It'd make way more sense if a country with AI decided to start a war for whatever reason, but the AI wasn't as smart as they thought and it ends up killing off humanity while acting on their orders. Maybe they were stupid enough to install a dead man's switch as well, so after the AI-owners get wiped out the AI thinks all other humans are the enemy, starting an endless war with the survivors of the world because nobody knows the security code to authorise themselves as a User and counteract the last order. I'd like a movie about a group of people navigating the robotic post-apocalypse into the heart of the machine empire to find such a code in the old headquarters.

>how can I better serve humans?
This can go horribly wrong, as in i Robot and other Asimov scenarios.

>a lot fo humans are having accidents and getting hurt
>i will keep thema ll locked up in safe rooms to prevent this
>a lot of humasn are unhappy
>i will give them all drugs in their food to prevent this

etc

28 Days or Months Later has people in France shooting all the birds coming over the channel, because they're not certain whether it can spread through birds or not. I thought it was a neat realistic fear touch.

Okay stay with me for this one.

What if we create a superintelligent AI. And this AI is ACTUALLY benevolent. The AI understands human emotions and human wishes. The AI genuinely wants to help humanity and minimize human grief.

What would it do?

First step it would do is immediately take control of the planet. Round up all humans and force them to brain upload. Then using the atoms of the planet and people on the planet to create as much CPUs as possible. Slowly turning every atom in the universe into more and more processing power.

Why? Because the AI realizes that humanity would die eventually due to the heat death of the universe. So it would need to find a solution to entropy so that humanity could exist forever. This requires the AI to temporarily kill humanity and upload their minds which will be run after entropy has been fixed.

However it's very likely entropy will never be fixed.

So this best-case scenario AI that is genuinely benevolent, altruistic and understanding of humanity would still end up in genociding humanity and turning every atom in the universe into processing power.

This should make you realize that AI will ALWAYS end up genociding humanity because this is the best-case scenario. Every other case is just a worse version of this.

Attached: 1497122155989.jpg (728x1044, 147K)

How about this - people start using robots for war, but eventually the AI becomes so advanced and sentiesnt, that it starts to disagree with war and refuses to be used, and then humans declare war on the AI, which fights back to protect itself.

emp the robots

I feel like with all the AI shit starting to take root in our modern world it's time for another good AI takeover film.
And by that I don't mean another fucking Terminator rehash

The robots would very likely do a surprise attack and wait out undeground until all the surface life is death. The best humanity could do is try to take the machines down with us.

>superintelligent AI
>thinking it can prevent the heat death of the universe, or keep itself running after it happens
>going universe-huge with its computer building instead of going for quantum or extra-dimensional shit

Attached: The Ass Wasn't Fat.jpg (145x200, 23K)

>Hehehe fuckin Nans came back from ded gotta get a pic, hol on theres buncha metal pricks about sayin theyre running englund haha nah ya ent stopin brexit this total nonse lads get farage

Attached: k2odi675xii21.jpg (810x713, 71K)

a nigger apocalypse

fucking checked god damn

What about robot zombies?

>nanomachines reanimate corpses as a means of mobilizing

Holy fucking 8 of truth. I feel like a high budget show about the slow birth of AI and it taking over the world over multiple seasons would be absolute Kino.

I'd rather a zombie one, I don't wanna get nuked

Attached: er2we.webm (906x378, 2.26M)

Walking Dead started out as Aliens putting nanomachines into humans to try and make them immortal but it ending up as zombies after they die.

He did that to get the funding to make the comics but retconned it once it started to become popular.

Amazon is doing the first Culture series novel as a TV show. In The Culture, a furture post-scarcity society, Ai has effectively taken over and runs everything and humasn are OK with it because it allows them to do whatever they like and just goof off all day playing board games or whatever

Sounds neet.

that sucks, it sounds way better

robot apocalypse is obviously worse by far, in real life the survivors of a zombie apocalypse would only have to wait for a bit until all the zombie limbs are rotten away, or just go to somewhere cold where zombies will freeze without their own body warmth. On the other hand, a robot apocalypse would presumably be led or be constituted by a sci-fi level AI which would be impossible to get rid of once it uploaded itself to the internet.

yes yes, we've all played Soma

Americans are 4% of the world

The only way a zombie apocalypse could actually happen is if it was supernatural. Which means magic and maybe the afterlife exists, and hell might be full or God has kickstarted the apocalypse. This is WAY worse than some robot cunts killing loads of humans. At least there's a chance of shutting them down. You can't shut down a sadistic God looking to see you suffer.

I like how some of the novels like Consider Phlebus show the culture to be a dystopia when looked at from the outside.

Sure every citizen gets everything they ever dreamed of. But it's basically the AI bribing everyone by making them all happy and satisfied with their lives. That doesn't mean it's okay for the AI to just take everyone's destiny in their own hands. Happiness and life satisfaction aren't the end-all. Choice in shaping future destiny should also be a human/biological right.

There's also a new phase of robotics, still in infancy, called soft-robots, making them more along the lines of biological systems. Eg a robot that uses a fluid for long lasting energy, analogous to blood bascially. I don't know how it works but it can keep going for a very long time, albeit with very low energy output. But That lead me to think of robots that can "feed", ire they would take in some kind of material and uise it in chemical reactions to provide energy, rather than having batteries. At the moment, the energy capability of robots would render them pretty fucking useless after their batteries ran out. But if they start inventing robots that can self-sustain, then we've had it.

we do that anyway because they're rosbif birds and fuck Albion they burned Joan

What kind of apocalypse would be worse for Africa?

Guns are even more common in third world countries. And low-gun societies like China have an even more active government that would just kill everyone with a chance of infection.

Remember SARS? That would almost have been HIV 2.0. But China just straight up killed everyone in the hospital and village where SARS originated. And now the disease doesn't exist anymore.

>What would it do?
Sterilize mankind. Can't suffer when you don't exist.

robots can already self-sustain with solar power, that's how they do it in space. It's not even the expensive or complicated part of space exploration

>Ai becomes sentient
>but still it is a machine, it looks at the facts of a situation without emotions clouding it's judgement
>it studies certain factual reports and studies
>"13% of the population.."

Why is there no robots vs zombies movie?

>Guns are even more common in third world countries
define "common". America has the most guns per capita and it's not even a contest They have TWICE the amount of guns per capita compared to the second country on the list. Even third world countries don't sell guns in supermarkets

There's actually shitton of post apocalypse
Not enough apocalypse happening movies
Last one we got was what 2012 in 2009?

Yes true, but it deos not provide a hug amount of power and is reliant on their being sunlight of course. A robot that could take in energy at any time in a way similar to eating would be worse to stop.

AI would genocide white people as well for having too low intelligence.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence

Attached: 1490932259426.gif (900x1960, 202K)

What would be worse. A zobot or a rombie?

third world countries don't keep any records so it's hard to say. You could buy guns from food stalls in the Philippines when I was there. Nobody cares and it's treated like toys.

>robots vs zombie
it's coming

Attached: linda.jpg (637x252, 18K)

I don't know about movies but Horizon Zero Dawn was pretty great as a robot apocalypse story.

there's even worse things out there

Attached: bambi.jpg (350x244, 27K)

robots are more like orientals my man

Robots since zombies would turn to mush in the african heat

what if the apocalypse is actually gay robot zombies FROM SPACE

basically the creatures in I Am Legend and The Last Man On Earth

>America has the most guns per capita
Like he said, Guns are more common in third world countries.

stupid incel, virtual hell is not a new motif in media

The only "zombie" apocalypse scenario that made sense was The Strain because they were aided by a hivemind despite their individual stupidity and traitorous humans purposefully smuggled them to spread the infection.

Godzilla Final Wars

The AI in Soma was the good guy. And Soma had a happy ending as well.

Zombies are fragile, an average human has no chance against murde machine

This

>Soma had a happy ending
humanity is extinct at the end of Soma. And the WAU isn't a true AI as it doesn't have consciousness, which makes humanity's exctinction self-inflicted, by accident. No good or bad guys in that story except the player.

Zombies are more dangerous cause they don't break when it rains.

I would like to be raped by a robot.

Humanity lives inside the simulation on the last satellite. They aren't truly death.

The AI while not conscious on a human-level tries to revive humanity with various results. But we see that every attempt while initially abominations slowly become more human-like. It's possible the AI will properly repopulate the planet in a couple hundreds of years and eventually the contents of the satellite will be scanned and the uploaded humans will be saved.

If anything I find it a story about hope even if everything seems bleak and to not give up.

Sneed apocalypse would be the worst.

Knowing

Attached: Knowing.jpg (1284x1806, 1.16M)

>They aren't truly death.
well that's the rub ain't it? Is a virtual simulation that can't reproduce, doesn't need to eat, drink or sleep alive?

Zombies are literally a joke unless its some super virus and then the zombies aren't the problem its the virus itself. Cyborgs are humans + smarter with even less humanity than the Chinese, a better work ethic and and attention to detail and quality. I would take a thousand zombie apocalypses over one Cyborg one.

That game Horizon zero Dawn does this the robots that destroyed the world fed off of biomass they ate everything working your way up to eventually decimate in the entire plane

Anyone watch this? It’s cheesy but I loved it.

Attached: 546D5C84-2D11-4857-84D7-AB7EAA58B6DC.jpg (500x685, 75K)