How do I get into Dragon Ball and how long would it take me to get the full experience?

How do I get into Dragon Ball and how long would it take me to get the full experience?

Attached: Webp.net_resizeimage__5_.0.jpg (1200x800, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xmlplOgG6Vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Start with the original anime, Dragon Ball.
Its not exactly what people think of when they hear "Dragon Ball" (it's childish and not as action oriented as Z) but it comes first and introduces the characters and concepts you need to know for the later stuff.
You don't NEED to watch it, but having seen it first is the best way to enjoy the rest of the series.

Dragon Ball Z comes next. It's "main" part of the franchise and considered the best. You can watch the original Z or Dragon Ball Z Kai which is a recut of Z removing the unnecessary filler, remastering the visuals, and completely redoing the dub. Which you chose is up to you, but I personally think Z is the better option if you watched DB already and are used to the admittedly slow pace. Z Kai moves at a breakneck speed if you are used to classic DB. However if you are skipping DB and going straight to Z, you might as well just watch Kai.

Dragon Ball Super is the continuation of Z. It starts off pretty fucking rough but finds its footing after the first 2 or 3 arcs. The first 2 arcs of Super, the worst in the franchise, are recaps of two previously released movies called Battle of God's and Resurrection F. Wether you chose the anime or the movies to watch is up to you, but I personally think the anime is better story wise while the movies have better animation. You might as well just watch the series for consistency.
Dragon Ball Super Broly is the only other film worth watching. It takes place after Super, but honestly by the time you get to this point it will likely already be getting a recap when the anime returns, so I wouldnt worry too much about it.

The final thing to watch is Dragon Ball GT. It's an alternate ending to Z that takes place a decade later and pretends Super never happened. It has a lot going for it, but also has a lot of plot inconsistencies and weird characterization. It's worth watching after Super though for it's satisfying closure. Great way to end the franchise if you are caught up

1. Watch DBZ Kai
2. A long-ass time

Step 1. Read the manga
Step 2. See Step 1

Watch in Japanese in the order of release. DB>DBZ & Movies>Super

just start with dragonball Z kai ,, the original dragon ball is a waste of time and have alot of old anime time wasting bullshit and you wont miss any plot point if you start with Z

then watch super

>you wont miss any plot point if you start with Z
This is the kind of thing only said by people who grew up only watching z and had all the og stuff explained to them after the fact

This is bait btw OP
@118282579

The best way, how most people got into it, is to start with episode 1 of Z, and then if you like what you see, watch the original Dragon Ball before you start the Frieza saga.
However I strongly recommend you start with the original Dragon Ball. If that doesn't work for you, then switch to Z. Avoid GT and Super, though I will shamefully admit I like GT.

Nothing wrong with liking GT. The nostalgia train is finally picking up steam so I think we are going to see more and more people with this opinion

Wrong board, try Yea Forums.

Anyhow, watch the original DB, skim DBZ and skip the rest. The DBZ-era movies are good too.

How long? Probably two months or so, long for an anime but ok if you have any attention capacity.

Why would you ever "skim" a tv show if you have any attention capacity?

>The final thing to watch is Dragon Ball GT. It's an alternate ending to Z that takes place a decade later and pretends Super never happened.

Are you a zoomer? Is this pasta meant for ignorant kids like yourself?

have shit for brains and put a dick in your mouth. there, you've had the full DBZ experience.

Why is Yea Forums suggesting playing video games instead of watching tv

>Saiyans to Buu
>The whole saga

Bro, you just posted cringe

Read Toriyama's manga, watch your favorite scenes in the anime sub, and then watch DBS.

OP here. I don't like video games

>you wont miss any plot point if you start with Z
The return of the Red Ribbon Army's bullshit in Dragonball Z doesn't really have any impact without having seen Dragonball

Based

Start with the Greeks

Original DB > The Sequels
Prove me wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=xmlplOgG6Vs

Attached: 1518309734959.jpg (271x271, 8K)

Watch it

>the original dragon ball is a waste of time
Imagine being this retarded

watch dragonball z only. nearelly everything before is for little kids. stop watching it after the friza saga

Attached: 1537813221635s.jpg (125x49, 1K)

People like this have never seen dragon ball and it shows

Stop watching after Goku defeats Vegeta

Why do weebshits insist that the bruce falconer soundtrack isn't the best version

This. If you're not going to watch the fundub with falcouner, then just fucking do the subs you purist fucks.

Stop after Radditz takes Gohan.

That's the REAL dragon vall experience
Am I elitist enough for Yea Forums yet?

i watched it all and its all shit after the friza saga and everything before z is for kids

Attached: 1562009265205.jpg (743x910, 82K)

I unironically love the faulconer soundtrack but hate that you have to watch the dub to listen to it. I wish there was an option for subbed with faulconer soundtrack
I don't get it either though, it's way more exciting than the japanese soundtrack and is also way more similar to every other shonen soundtrack there is. the sound quality is a bit low because of the dub's low budget though which is a shame

Stop after Gohan is introduced and pretend that Goku becomes a family man.

That's not how genetics works. Also better a mutt than an island jew.

Based.