40K live action tv show confirmed, why is no one talking about it

40K live action tv show confirmed, why is no one talking about it.

Attached: ab3cfjro1ofg6movicm2.png (800x450, 634K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/heretic-traitor-rogue-inquisitor-tv-stargw-homepage-post-2/
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Tithe
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Celestial_Lions
youtu.be/V2B6de1Geks
wh40kart.im/
bitsofwar.com/home/221-paulus-von-phyrra-imperial-preacher.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rblfKREj50o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because 40k is cursed and no form of media ever works for it.

>source: OP's gay ass

No one wanted it

Google inquisitor eisenhorn loads of links, Frank Spotnitz as producer and show runner.

>40K live action tv show

warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/heretic-traitor-rogue-inquisitor-tv-stargw-homepage-post-2/

nothing to talk about yet that isn't
>eisenhorn
*cautious approval*
>man in the high castle guy
*cautious approval*
When the trailer drops it will be all over the board.

because it will take many years

>netflix

Threads every week of "Cast a 40K movie" a tv show gets announced and these people are nowhere to be seen.

Its probably gonna have manlet spez murheens and no Zenos anyway,

In development doesn’t mean shit. 99% of shows “in development” don’t even make it to the pilot stage. No ones gonna fun a 40k series, it’s too much investment on something no one is going to watch anyways.

>GW
*increased skepticism*
>Is a Hollywood/London/NYC/Atlanta production
*all hope is lost*

we had 3 threads with bump limit in a row yesterday

You must post your army if you have one.

Attached: A68195A2-8CD2-44B5-9B52-8B23E4C79E9D.jpg (3264x2448, 2.38M)

Nobody yet confirmed that Idris Elba got the leading role.

I doubt you really play. All the models are painted.

Confirmed Salamander and or Vulkan.

Attached: Ultra MARINES.jpg (2608x856, 261K)

Because it will suck and attract more trannies to the hobby

>it's real

They gonna fuck it up

I mostly just convert and paint

Attached: 40kinq28stuff.jpg (4000x3000, 950K)

is this the Souf Chapter?

Attached: 1545089279334.png (1366x768, 228K)

its still in development, i give it a 60% chance of getting canned during script writing.
Very nice paint job, very jelly of your cadians.

Everyone deep down knows this has at least a 90% chance of failure. A 9% chance of being decent. And a 1% chance of actually being good.

Love the top left Marines, what chapter are they based on?

Because we all know they're going to do to 40k what they did to The Witcher and I'd rather just pretend it's not going to happen until it does.

>Being made by *Amazon*
>Being made by the guy behind Man in the High Castle
>Being made by the Jew behind Man in the High Castle

Thats why no one is talking about it

Good paintjob but fucking base them

>40K live action tv show confirmed, why is no one talking about it.
I am waiting to hear more

You mean a 99% chance having spin kicking back flip female soldiers and a 100% chance that their love interest will be massive space marine negros with 12 inch space marine cock

I for one am excited for the inevitable flood of 40k memes.

Attached: 1563219191574.jpg (559x559, 53K)

>where did it ever say space marines *couldn't* be black

They’re actually black though, not African.

Just ones I made up for myself. But they look similar to blood ravens.

Salamanders are fine to be black guys, but they have to pick them real real dark africans.

It's Eisenhorn, it'll have a few Chaos Marines from time to time and other than that it's mostly Psykers and other psychotics fucking shit up.

No, they should have white features but entirely black skin.

Attached: 20928636_warhammer-40k-fans-are-crying_f687716e_m.jpg (640x335, 58K)

No one is talking about it because it's going to get BEZOSED.

Reminder that Magnus, Alpharius and Angron did nothing wrong.

because 40k is lame as fuck

>attempt to kill resurrected emperor
you would not survive the attempt

back to your brie larson threads gimp

Cast him.

Attached: Cherubael Warhammer 40K Eisenhorn.jpg (1000x871, 84K)

There have been several this day alone. It's going to be shit anyway.

I tried to get into 40K because my friend liked it but it's honestly just lame. It's like bad fan fiction written by 16 year olds

If anyone is gonna get the diversity treatment it makes sense for the Salamanders, honestly unless its an established character who cares if they are black. Its the empire of man, there is bound to be nogs.

ok

Retarded image, the south should be made up of limp wristed posh faggots who look down on everyone else.

>limp wristed posh faggots who look down on everyone else.
sounds like smurfs to me

>X files
>man in high castle
it will be pure kino

Attached: 1560722228005.jpg (700x700, 99K)

N I G G E R FEM SPACE MARINES

I played ultra marines as a kid and even my paint job was a million times better

Imperium is literally multicultural. Knight words have their own culture, Agricultural worlds are completely different from Hivecities or Forgeworlds, the only important part is worshipping the Emperor, but even then you got those fucks on Mars doing their Omnissiah thing.

I'm not a morbidly obese neckbeard

Brendan Fraser

If they don't spend AT LEAST $5 mil on the Triumph at Thracian Primaris episode then all hope is lost

>Eisenhorn
>not Caiaphas cane

Attached: 1297DB6C-C1D4-4AA3-BC01-903E5CC07172.jpg (300x290, 53K)

>Imperium is literally multicultural.
Right, you can follow anyone you want as long as its the Emperor

Imperium regularly genocides independent human cultures that have been out of contact since the age of strife and do not recognize imperial authority at once and yield command and ownership

Attached: 67.jpg (680x680, 79K)

The Imperium's ethnic groups would be unrecognizable to us considering how much time has passed since the Current Year, how long humanity's colonies were isolated from each other, and whatever Warp or Dark Age of Technology shenanigans did to the human genome on top of natural processes.

That said, I could see certain specific castings working well. Lance Reddick would kill it as an Inquisitor or Commissar.
>ywn see Michael Clarke Duncan as a Salamanders Terminator

Cane is too redpilled for mainstream tv

Cast him in wh40k

Attached: got_game_of_thrones_tywin_lannister_smart_animooted.gif (250x250, 1.81M)

There has been at least one 300+ post thread every day since it was announced.

>No source

Neck yourself faggot.

Less than 10 posts in

Games Workshop might be the most protective company in the world when it comes to the lore of their IP. The only black Space Marine chapter is the Salamanders and they’re literally red eyed, ebony monsters. Space Marines don’t have sex or love interests.
>inb4 the salamanders are good guys
Like anything in WH40K, the Space Marines are just different shades of evil. How many separatist humans have they genocided over the last 10,000 years? How many alien planets have they destroyed because they refused to bow before an Emperor they had never met or heard of untold galaxies away?

If there are Space Marines in this TV show, they will be portrayed accurately. Ancient, barely human genetically engineered killing machines that won’t hesitate to kill everyone on the planet because of a difference in ideology.

Plus there's the whole Men of Gold / Men of Stone thing that states that homo sapiens, as we exist today on Earth, went extinct tens of thousands of years before 40k and the "humans" in the setting are all descended from an engineered servitor race.

Warhammer is atheist propaganda for faggots.

>The only black Space Marine chapter is the Salamanders and they’re literally red eyed, ebony monsters.
I thought it was huge part of wh40k that the galaxy is so big you can write any chapter of anything into existence as long as it follows certain general guidelines

its going to be bad. maybe a 4/10 at best.

so better than any tv show made in the last 10 years

GW would never allow some random production company to come up with a new “diverse” Space Marine chapter. For Christ’s sake, video game developers have to send renders of HATS to GW for approval before they are released to the public.

You can “make” your own chapter of anything but it’s to facilitate tabletop gameplay and is entirely separate from the established universe.

>a setting in which your soul is damned outside the God-Emperor's salvation, so you had better keep the faith no matter what the Imperium's corrupt temporal authorities do to you
>the Emperor was the fedora supreme and everything went to shit for him because atheism is too spiritually unsatisfying to too many people (or they simply found out that it was untrue), many of whom filled that void by worshipping evil entities instead
>atheist propaganda

Meh the hierarchy in the 40k fandom is painters/collectors~wargamers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mouthbreather BL fanboys

After years of nothing suddenly GW has 2 40k shows in production,what the fuck happened?

>Warhammer is atheist propaganda
>Worshiping dark powers can have your whole city or planet destroyed, humans are literally confirmed to have souls, salvation is possible, prayer can work

Attached: 67_.jpg (890x890, 327K)

go look at a graph of their stock over the last few years

Malcador

they hired someone totally on accident, that wasnt a fucktarded britbong, and knew to make shitloads of money, you need to effectively merchandise. they're making shit with Bandai now.
yeah. thats a wrap on that.

40k not 30k. Me, I'd make him a Lord General or an Imperial Governor.

Nigga the Horus Heresy literally happened because the Emperor LIED to his son Lorgar when he told him that Gods do not exist

Attached: IMG_4127.jpg (889x620, 152K)

Magnus is the reason everything is shit forever for humanity
Alpharius basically keikaku'd himself
Angron had okay reason to be angry and turn to khorne. Emperor was dick for not taking out butchers nails from him

How much have you spent on Warhammer?

that and cost is why I don't play 40k. i know my painting would be like that.

IIRC the Emperor tried to remove the nails but failed, he said that removing the nails would kill Angron.
His dick move however was to not send the War Hounds on Nuceria to help Angron and his army of slaves.

Emperor couldn't remove the nails?
Pretty sure it'd been just more effort, but he could've done so. he just saw the merit in keeping him angry

You can't remove the nails without killing the host, they fuse to the brain completely after a while and Angron had them on for years before he was found.

He even brought in Arkhan Land for help and neither could do it. Butcher's Nails are old Dark Age of Technology stuff

>Why don't normies care about tabletop miniatures franchises

Daily reminder that Lorgar and the best boys (the Word Bearers) did literally nothing wrong.
Yes, they did crash this motherfucking imperium with no survivors, but they had all the reasons to do so.

Attached: IMG_4113.jpg (1200x800, 88K)

it's being made by the same racist that brought us Man in the High Castle

Attached: 1552290044967.webm (1280x720, 2.46M)

there's nothing really about men of gold
if anything i'd say the men of stone are just cyborgs who ferried sperm banks all over the stars since space travel was really bad initially

b8

Attached: 2ca.jpg (811x958, 300K)

Magnus should have defended Prospero, Alpharius shouldn't have listened to aliens and Angron should have euthanised himself.

Perturabo, on the other hand, did nothing wrong.

To be fair if he just took emps word as it was they would've btfo'd chaos in few thousand years

Yarrick

Eisenhorn is 1000% the best choice for a tv show. They even got a decent producer from TMITHC. I just wish Amazon was funding it because if the budget is low it's gonna suck.

>perurabo
I don't even know who this nigger is
he's like most background character to ever, even more so than some comissars in 40k

Celestial Lions are canon African-style black.

there's nothing good for him in 40k really

>To be fair if he just took emps word as it was
But user, all he wanted was the truth

Attached: IMG_3827.jpg (782x546, 84K)

there'll be story about gay gray knight space marines who overcomes everything with his love to his black boyfriend, who ends up marrying some girl and the gray knight succumbs to fel powers because of it

What is the God Emperor's tax policy?

Ravenor had a black dude in his crew.

So did Eisenhorn and he still does...sort of.

its extremely painful

Unironically: The Adeptus Administratum appoints Imperial Governors whose job is to ensure their system's tithes (in soldiers, weapons, industrial products, raw materials, food, whatever it is they do) continue to be paid. They may tax their citizens' incomes on a world-by-world basis; the Imperium is far too large for any more micromanagement than that.

A lot. Embarrassed to say desu.

20% or Exterminatus

Pretty easy to make a tabletop game into a videogame.

>all these people upset that there are no black people in empire that spans entire galaxies
Bitches, blacks can't even manage themselves on the most arable land on this planet and you think they're going to be able to fetch free ride to space?
Look any multicultural place on the planet and they're all for the worse

Any number of roles, dance would be an excellent inquisitor however. Also I can see him as malcadore as some other user said.

Except when inquisitors don't feel like fighting tyrannids, then your planets get exterminated for free

Primaris marines are one of stupidest thing they could’ve done to the lore. As if space marines weren’t bad enough, and the terminators and veterans and grey knights. But now there’s an even MORE badass marine they pulled out of their ass. So where in the power ranking are they?

>ONCE, LONG AGO, Man lived on just one island. The broad oceans surrounded him and he believed himself alone. In time, Man's stature grew and he caught sight of other isles far off across the deep ocean. Since he had seen everything on his island, climbed every peak and looked under every stone, he became curious about the other islands and tried to reach them. He soon found the oceans too deep and cold for him to get far, not nearly a hundredth of the way to the next island. So Man returned and put his hand to other things for an age. 'But in time food and water and air ran short on Man's island and he looked to the far islands again. Because he could not bear the cold of the ocean deeps, he fashioned Men of Stone to go in his place, and the Stone Men fashioned Men of Steel to become their hands and eyes. And the Stone Men went forth with their servants and swam in the deep oceans. They found many strange things on the far islands, but none as strange or as wicked as the things that swam in the depths between them; ancient, hungry things older than Man himself. 'But these beasts of the deep hungered for the true life of Man, not the half-life of Stone, so the Stone Men swam unmolested. At first all was well and the Men of Stone planted Man's Seed on many islands, and in time Man learned to travel the oceans himself, hiding in Stone ships to keep out the cold and the hunger of the beasts. All was well and Men spread to many islands far across the ocean, such that some even forgot how they came to be there and that they ever came from just one island at all.’

Kryptman was a cold..cold motherfucker

Shame that almost every 40k game is horrible

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Tithe

Space Marine was underrated.

That is heresy user.

You seem to forget the the Slamanders are "black" in the sense that they literally have charcoal colored skin .

As for brown/tan/whatever skin colored space marines there have been plenty of those. It really depends on the chapter and what worlds they recruit from.

The Men of Gold/Stone stuff is not canon in the slightest anymore. It's one of the few things BL has specifically retconned.

Men of Gold have become Perpetuals in BL though, and Men of Iron are still a thing

Why would niggers be allowed into space though

>Dawn of War series (except 3)
>Mechanicus
>Battlefleet Gothic: Armada series
>Space Marine
>Space Hulk: Deathwing
>Chaos Gate
>A shitload of direct Space Hulk ports.

Not a bad collection, really.

>he only black Space Marine chapter is the Salamanders

Nope. Since 2006 or so we've had an African themed chapter

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Celestial_Lions

Also Black Ultramarines & Imperial Fists have been seen as they recruit from Ultramar (which is 500 worlds these days) and Terra (which has blacks on it) respectively. IIRC Black Iron Hands are also a thing these days and most Medusans are described as tan skinned due to the planets harsh climate

Obvious heretic, and gay.

>humans go out into the galaxy and colonize new planets
>some of them have radiation similar to those of the middle latitudes of Earth
>tens of thousands of years pass
>population isolated for much of that time
>similar adaptations of skin pigmentation occur

#Blame Lorgar
>magnus ruined everything
He dindu nuffin. He just a poor psyker black sheep

Also second for based Alpha Chad saving the emperium by carrying out the emperor's will from the Warp

Attached: 1560923413124.png (395x220, 22K)

The emperor is a Turk roach

The Celestial Lion's are an all black chapter of space marines.

Even in mostly white chapters there are often some black marines. The de facto Master of the Fleet for the Ultramarines, who are the most well known chapter, is black

That paint job is heresy.

Space Hulk Deathwing is shit too. Nice visuals but that's all. Either way that's a small handful of good games among a big pile of garbage, including a lot of recent mobileshit shovelware.

To bang thicc white Sororitas ass because the whites are deemed....inadequate.

Wrong. The Turks didn't migrate to Anatolia until long after the Emperor's birth among a tribe that would much later be known as the Hittites.

It's an old pic. The appropriate response is "Oh my god, thin your paints!"

This is just one reason I am not looking forward to this show. I have no doubt a bunch of "le smart comparisons to modern day" will be thrown in.

It possible to make that work. Comparing the Imperium and humanity of 40k to what we have here and now on shit out of luck 3 is dumb. The differences in history, technology, and the thousands if not millions of different human worlds and cultures that have risen and fallen in such a time is beyond relevant comparison.

S we know they wont shy away from it, and we know they would not be able to present such a thing properly. So that leads to it most likely being complete tripe.

>Either way that's a small handful of good games among a big pile of garbage

Like any collection of officially licensed games. Even Star Wars is the same, while LotR and Game of Thrones is far worse. Deathwing is underrated, as well. It's got great visual and audio design and as long as it's cheap it's a good way to spend a few hours.

Many of the novels including the one in OP are amazing.

>Lazlo Tiberius is black
is he? Hard to tell here

Attached: LazloTiberius.jpg (176x235, 17K)

40k is full of comparisons to modern day, most factions are based off a contemporary or historic human culture/group. You have space mongols, space huns, space arthurian knights, space atlantis, etc.

Literally who?

Lotta lore on this actually. Basically a flat tax to keep things simple across a vast empire. If your planet is in any way civilized you give a certain percentage of resources and/or your best soldiers for the Imperial Guard. The details of how this is collected and any additional taxes to keep the planet itself running are the planetary regime's business, but nevertheless they're usually aided by functionaries and bureaucrats of the Adeptus Administratum

>no form of media ever works for it.

Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies are based as fuck.

a /tg/ invasion is the only thing that could make this board worse.

Reminds me of a cool fan theory that the Emperor is (the biblical) Cain.
>Cain was a city-builder. The Emperor built civilizations, all of whom fell due to one flaw or another.
>he enforced atheism out of anger at God, to try and prove humanity doesn't need God
>but he still uses Judeo-Christian imagery everywhere because that's what he knows
>Horus was annihilated by the Tenfold Curse
>Chaos Gods are gnostic demons trying to use worldly temptations to keep human souls trapped in the physical universe & warp

They are the ones who got fucked over in the third war for Armageddon, which was peak 40k.

>Cunny threads
>PR companies pushing Emilia Clarke and Billy Eyelash
>Laquesha Jane Bond trolling
>One autist spamming the same horror movie thread
>One autist spamming the same sneed meme

a /tg/ invasion is the only thing that could make this board good

Attached: 1559880995169.jpg (279x312, 19K)

Because nobody plays your gayshit board game.
Fuck you /tg/ I'll give you a wedgie

Definitely remember Mcneil's Ultramarines books describing him as black. 40K books never use terms like "black" because modern ideas of race haven't really survived and its usually seen as "well if you come from a hot world you look a bit different". But I think they used terms like "oak-coloured skin" etc.

To anyone that has already read Eisenhorn but hasnt gotten arohnd to Ravanor yet I highly reccomend the audiobook versiin of the Ravonor triligy. I can't reccomend it highly enough.

I would say the first two books of Eisnhorn are better than the first two Ravenor books but the final Ravenor book is the best if them all. And the narrator they got for the Ravenir audiobook makes the whole thing a 10/10.

>One autist spamming the same sneed meme
>one
sneed

Thanks, I've been audiobooking my way through the Horus Heresy series and I'm fucking sick of marines, I'll check this out.

If you like Chaos stuff, listen to Reflection Crack'd followed by Angel Exterminatus, by the way.

I actually feel the Ravenor trilogy was great but kind of fell apart and became rushed towards the end of book 3.

Still not convinced the 'I'm in a coma to psychically hide from Slythe but can somehow be totally conscious and telepathically talk to a blank without being psychically visible, and also its really unclear whether I entered this state voluntarily but I sure can't come out of it' made any sense.

I feel like if they'd given Abnett an extra 100-150 pages to work with the lending would have been way better. The last fight/climax felt kind of airy, like the writing just got less immersive cause he was trying to fit it into too low a word count. What's insane is the tryanid fight in the middle of the book is absolutely fantastic and very vivid, in my opinion because he hadn't hit the crunch of having to finish the story in the next 50 pages yet.

>No broadcaster or platform is attached.

This means Microbudget. They are gonna fuck it up.

>atheist propaganda
>the super duper smartest "atheist" in the world (the emperor) is a fucking retard when it comes to discussing the idea of the Christian God in the Last Church
lmfao

Serkis

Yea Forums is going to have a shit when they learn one of eisenhorns followers has a disease called the meme virus

Voke or Osma.

Any space marines would turn black under enough radiation

>40k live action
>not 30k
trash
also cast them

Attached: 1481368871317.jpg (2560x1440, 606K)

>adapting over 50 books of bloat "lore"
lol

>not schaeffer's last chancers

Attached: NxdvAyk.jpg (320x320, 20K)

Does eisenhorn actually become corrupt like quixos? I havent started ravenor trilogy but apparently he and eisenhorn are enemies then? I know 40k is grim but I feel like eisenhorn shouldn't die as a corrupted heretic

he's radical but not heretical

In the third book the vibe with the whole team working together and some of the set pieces though..it was that rare "holy fuck damn this is awesome" feeling you rarely get from any book or movie. Like the first rime watching Fellowship in the Mines Moira

Those are some beautiful cadians, man. Where'd you get that preacher model? Is he discontinued?

>Lucius looking like an angry old man

What a fuck up.

Explain this then nigga :

youtu.be/V2B6de1Geks

t. never read any of the books
If you can adapt 40k bloat you can easily adapt 30k

Attached: 1483146072649.jpg (700x639, 186K)

>eisenhorn
>bloat
>compared to the fucking horus heresy
damn you are literally retarded

30k would be a fucking disaster because 90% of the characters are Space Marines.

Attached: 4586ede68f4e042f929e612c86fb2184.png (1024x640, 621K)

I picture Voke as shorter and more evil looking. Like a regal, inrimidating British vesion of the Penguin. Like he looks like a villain even though he is not.

Attached: 3d1da57b3b3815b075d56668d8a93556.gif (554x732, 280K)

You could probably do something with the cabal with focus on the imperial army and Alpha Legion to limit the number of space marines

Attached: c2972cda300dfa3ffc3babc352bf9355.jpg (1170x803, 461K)

I almost cried the firwt time I saw this.

Armageddon Wars are the most kino conflict in the 41st millennium
>tfw it is now ignored in favour of Vigilus
>tfw the last time we hear of it it is now a half daemon world where the imperials and works are now fighting chaos forces along with each other
WHY DOES NO ONE APPRECIATE THE ARMAGEDDON WARA LIKE I DO? WHAT HAPPEN TO MY HARDCORE NIGGA YARRICK?

That would work, but the Alpha Legion in general are really odd. Giant supersoldiers who hide in the shadows and get people to do their dirty work for them - it always seemed a bit contradictory.

Obviously Lord Rorkin

Attached: ec51750d16dbf138702edd934113c559.jpg (800x667, 866K)

This is so cool. Its illustrated in one of those old history book/osprey reference books styles. Artist?

On the surface, it's really easy to say that the Lorgar and the Word Bearers were just being petty and had daddy issues, but the excruciatingly detailed account of the the destruction of Monarchia, their most beloved city, by the Ultrasmurfs as well as the forced "humbling" by the Emperor himself, it becomes much easier to understand how such a piercing stab to their pride could yield such a festering wound.

Astartes are supposed to be superhuman and above all that kind of stuff, but E really, really fucked up there somehow and basically Lorgar did nothing wrong.

dunno desu

its from here

wh40kart.im/

I'm all about the third war for Armageddon, I think it's the best campaign 40k ever had.

>Best Imperial Guard Regiment
>Best Warboss
>Diverse Space Marine chapters including fun as fuck ones like the Flesh Tearers, the White Scars and the Marines Malevolent
>Most kino battle environments - desert, city and jungle.
>Motherfucking Yarrick

Attached: Ghazghkull_vs._Yarrick.jpg (885x1114, 473K)

Attached: c6326ff41759d27d27d5e6688aa5095a.jpg (616x409, 244K)

I think it makes sense when you remember the people they're fighting are millions of giant supersoldiers lead by even larger giant supersoldiers lead by a literal god, which makes it good to have other people take the fall for their actions. Plus most legion operatives are usual busy doing high risk high reward missions such as infiltrating other legions like that one time when they almost destroyed the raven guard by tampering with their new gene seed or that other time they nearly killed girlyman

It's more of a question of theme. A visual medium like television would have trouble convincing normies to associate massive size/strength with stealth/subversion.

A better fit would a program about the Assassinorum, based on Nemesis or something.

Yeah he's more like... so grumpy he's cute, where as Dance is actually threatening.

Gary Oldman as Voke. Or Eisenhorn. I hear he's a miniature collector/painter. Also I think i'm mixing up Voke with that guy from Gaunts Ghosts... Cyprian Cyprus? Cy-something. Like in my minds eye they are played by the same actor.

Yeeeah, but you see, the great thing about 30k/40k is due to the sheer scale and nature of the entire universe, you don't *necessarily* have to even adapt a specific pre-written story. You can make any story at all that you'd like completely original but still canon to the main timeline from the perspective of plenty of other characters that are not Astartes. This is frankly one of the greatest strengths about Warhammer 30K/40K.

When I grew up with 40k, Armageddon3 was the first like campaign I remember. Like you reported your wins/loses and they tally'd it up to determine it was a tie anyways or some shit.

Then they did a black crusade or some shit where the same type of shit happened. Aka nothing.

You know, I used to like the Death Korps before they got memed to hell and back.
My rankings for regiments is:
>Armageddon Steel Legion
>Vostroyan First Born
>Cadian Shock Troops
>Valhallan Ice Worlders
>Death Korps of Krieg
>Praetorian Guard(the cooler Mordian Iron Guard)
>Mordian Iron Guard
>Tallarn Desert Raiders
>Catachan Jungle Fighters
Don't try to refute me, fools

Nah they come from a different miniature company called kromlech

bitsofwar.com/home/221-paulus-von-phyrra-imperial-preacher.html

That’s my least favorite paint job, I need to redo him.

barely like 7 minutes of action with no dialog does not a series make.

Although I would literally watch dialog free scenes of warfighting. Like long sweeping shots of battle like Game of Thrones just more epic and probably CGI/animated.

Imaging watching a huge planet wide conflict of Nids vs Guard with Rob Zombie playing in the background and just a long sweeping no cut shot for like ten minutes that eventually focuses on a Bio Titan crawling out of the ground and screaming

It's the greatest strength of 40k, which is a vast, static setting. 30k, however, is a changing setting, and that change is based on the actions of particular characters. If you didn't make your story revolve around them, it would feel a little pointless to the audience,

Yeah, GW has stopped trying to do the whole "this tournent will have effects on the lore!" thing. They did it with Fantasy's End Times where Chaos was losing every so gle battle.
Its sad tho. It is an interesting idea to promote the community to interact with the company

>tfw no good steel legion recasts anywhere

GW are out of their god damn minds not making more than just basic cadians.

>30k, however, is a changing setting, and that change is based on the actions of particular characters. If you didn't make your story revolve around them, it would feel a little pointless to the audience,
Not exactly. 30K is still huge enough with enough happening to warrant the same events being told as different stories through the perspectives of different people. Both with 40k and 30k, it's about the events themselves which determine what story can be told. Whether or not it's worth it or interesting to tell it from one perspective or another is up for debate, but the event still happens regardless of who you're seeing it from.

Like you could see the same events perpetrated by the Astartes from the eyes of someone like John Grammaticus who is working in the background or something, or the aftermath of a surviving citizen after a city raze. How interesting it turns out to be just depends on the writer.

I thought they still were, just with smaller effects than letting the whole setting ride on the outcome of the tournaments like Storm of Chaos. GW cannot balance their rulesets worth a damn. They could not then, and they cannot now, so I can't really blame them for not doing it anymore. Though I can blame them for not learning from past mistakes with 40k's Fate of Konor campaign:
>give people points for buying models, at a point when Space Marines got a ton of new shit and Chaos didn't get anything until Death Guard models halfway through
>all you have to do to get guaranteed points for your faction is to fight your own faction
>have to change the scoring rules AFTER the results come in from Week 3 (or whatever) otherwise it'd just be an Imperial sweep

>not purchasing from based chinaman
But I do agree indubitably. They should have a Command Squad, Infantry Squad, and Heavy Weapons Squad kits for Steel Legion, Mordians, Tallarns, and Valhallans. Plenty of kitbashing opportunities and a wider range of stuff for them to sell. Its not like making this stuff is too expensive, its just that the sculptors don't feel like it apparently. They sculpt whatever they feel like and the rulemakers and lorewriters have to figure out how to make it work.

AND APPAREANTLY NONE OF THEM WANT TO MAKE ALTERNATIVE REGIMENTS OR NEW ELDAR ASPECT WARRIORS

part of me wants a siege of vraks tv series but I have no idea how they could pull that off

Paths of Glory mixed with Band of Brothers

>based chinaman
Thats how I buy most of my DKoK stuff (wartablegames.com) because FUCK forgeworld but I haven't been able to find any good steel legion ones. Please share your secrets if you know.

i mean how do you make a tv show plot last 18 years of mostly back and forth trench warfare and still be good

Think Blackadder season 4 but in space
youtube.com/watch?v=rblfKREj50o

Attached: Blackadder_battle_plans_are_battles_are_directed_sir.jpg (500x372, 29K)

a dark comedy with gone with the blastwave vibes but with a krieg regiment would actually be pretty funny

I hear mixed things about wartablegames. You got any pics of your DKoK? I was planning on buying a whole slew of things from FW and am always desperate for an alternative, especially since half of the spacrmarine stuff I wanted isn't being sold on FW site anymore (specifically, that Rogue Trader era looking missile launcher kit, mkii marine armour, and some of the alternative bolters)

>Everyone deep down knows this has at least a 90% chance of failure. A 9% chance of being decent. And a 1% chance of actually being good.

This.
Look at what happened already with 'Altered Carbon', we could have had so much more...