Best story per doctor

Best story per doctor

>Hartnell
The Romans - funny, fast-paced, and an excelelnt follow up to the almost as good Rescue
>Troughton
Power of the Daleks - better than every Terry Nation Dalek story really
>Pertwee
Inferno - too many to pick from
>Tom Baker
Genesis of the Daleks - nostalgia tops this although about 3 dozen Tom stories are better than the rest that comes after
>Peter Davison
Caves of Androzani - although there really is very little to choose from
>Colin Baker
Vengeance on Varos - very little here too
>Sylvester McCoy
Delta and the Bannermen - funniest story since Season 17
>McGann
Only seen the movie and it was shit
>Eccleston
Rose - couldn't have asked for a better first episode
>Tennant
Midnight - when RTD reigns himself in, he's really good
>Smith
Vincent and the Doctor - apart from cringe song at the end, it shits all over Moff pigswill
>Capaldi
All so bad I can't pick one
>Jodie

Attached: Dt_PGK4WoAAiSez-1.jpg (1200x1200, 408K)

>>Capaldi
>All so bad I can't pick one
heaven sent was pretty good

Are Pertwee and Davison good? I like how they look aesthetically

As the Doctor, Pertwee is up there as one of the best. Davison never really gets into the role until Caves unfortunately and his stories suffer for it.

Stories wise, Pertwee has so many good ones but some really bad stinkers here and there (The Mutants, Claws of Axos, Planet of the Daleks). I think Davison has one of the worst good to bad story ratios of the whole programme. I can count on one hand the number of stories I would consider seriously good from his era.

It wasn't and I've yet to be convinced that I'm wrong. I tried watching it again a little while ago and I managed 10 minutes before I had to turn it off.

>Davison has one of the worst good to bad story ratios of the whole programme
Colin had one good story

People actually defend pure shite like Trial of a Timelord. That was fucking painful going through that boxset

This man is correct

>Hartnell
The Tenth Planet
>Troughton
The Invasion
>Pertwee
Inferno (Frontier in Space is a close second)
>Tom Baker
I cannot choose from The Horror at Fang Rock, Talons of Weng Chiang and The Deadly Assassin (one of them)
>Peter Davison
Caves of Androzani
>Colin Baker
Vengeance on Varos
>Sylvester McCoy
The Curse of Fenric
>McGann
The movie I guess
>Eccleston
Father's Day
>Tennant
The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit
>Smith
Vincent and the Doctor
>Capaldi
Heaven Sent or World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls
>Jodie
Fuck off

Elaborate on why it is so bad, please?

It is one big Moffatt style Doctor speech stretched out to 50 minutes and everyone fell for it as some deep, philosophical meta episode. Capaldi's lines from what I can remember are nearly all embarrassing attempts at humour or unnecessary melodrama. Although this could describe every single one of his episodes to greater or lesser degree. It's not his worst but I don't know what I'd call his best.

Hartnell
>The Dalek Invasion of Earth
Troughton
>Tomb of the Cybermen
Pertwee
>The Sea Devils
Tom Baker
>Talons of Weng Chiang
Peter Davison
>Caves of Androzani
Colin Baker
>Trial of a Timelord
Sylvester McCoy
>Curse of Fenric
Paul McGann
>The Movie
Christopher Eccleston
>Empty Child/ Doctor Dances
David Tennant
>Human Nature/ The Family of Blood
Matt Smith
>Amy's Choice
Peter Capaldi
>Listen
Jodie Whittaker
>Rosa

Can you reccomend some Pertwee?

I never once believed it to be deep myself. I just liked the idea of the episode. Also Capaldi is one of my favourite Doctors, so I am biased

All of season 7
All of season 8 apart from Claws of Axos
Day of the Daleks, Sea Devils
All of season 10 apart from Planet of the Daleks
All of season 11 apart from Death to the Daleks
(although Sarah Jane is in a swimsuit for the first 5 minutes)

>>The Sea Devils
What makes the Sea Devils better than Silurians?

>The Horror at Fang Rock
I think Fang Rock starts off really strong but the tension disappears completely when the Rutan reveals itself to be a barely mobile blob

>Also Capaldi is one of my favourite Doctors
He was a real disappointment for me. He tried being too mobile and energetic but his skinny, wooden frame doesn't allow for it.

People like Heaven Sent for actual reasons that they can explain with examples.

You hate it because it irrationally annoys you (possibly related to some complex you have about Moffat), and you will never, ever be capable of explaining what it does wrong, or why you are so incapable of enjoying any Capaldi episode. It's a real pity.

But I did give reasons. I couldn't give specific examples because that would involve watching it again.

>The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit
Based.

>People like Heaven Sent for actual reasons that they can explain with examples.
Oh and please go ahead. I really do want to try and change my mind

The plot (and twist) fall apart on a second viewing, because they make no sense. The entire prison resets itself (except for when it's convenient for the plot). As a mystery/ thriller it fails completely. Outside of that, it's Moffat sticking his dick in the Doctor's back-story again, in a way that adds absolutely fucking nothing to the character, yet at the same time acts as a glaring contradiction. The Doctor's greatest fear is a corpse he saw when he was six? Despite the fact he fought in the Time War, has seen the Dalek death camps, seen a billion corpses in much more horrific states?

Nah.

Personally I got into disliking Moffat's style because it tried being too cute during its moments of trying to be serious in order to give that wacky badass vibe like is done for Rick and Morty. It's like a whole lot of Pickle Rick.

Invisible Enemy is better than Heaven Sent

Attached: The Invisible Enemy 6.jpg (600x358, 43K)