Was he evil?

Was he evil?

Attached: Tony_Soprano.jpg (270x270, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gMjNDZsbjKk
youtu.be/haWOLGAHppc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

George was not evil, he was just selfish.

Wat

The guy in OP’s pic. From Seinfeld.

Yes, he was a sociopath. I'm glad he died in the end.

This thing of ours...

I don't think he was a sociopath, but he was a huge narcissist.

No just Italian

I wish we'd seen it though

he didn't die though

Not entirely.

Yes. Even back in the early seasons when he was more "restrained", he was still a predatory shark who made money at the expense of people's lives. There is no sugarcoating it. No matter how good of a man you are, if you're in the mafia and you've murdered people, ruined their lives or generally make a lot of profit illegally, especially if you don't need to do it to survive, you are evil.

THAT FUCKIN' ANIMAL BLUNDETTO

Yeah I agree

I don't think you can do the things he does so easily without being a sociopath, he does not have a heavy heart for the evil things he does except for a few occasions.

He is pretty much a small scale version of the cartel boss in Sicario, complete disregard for the lives of others and extreme obsession with status. He obviously has feelings, but no real empathy or conscious about the evil he does:

youtube.com/watch?v=gMjNDZsbjKk

I think it was great to end it that way. To me it's obvious he died as the scene doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Too much gabagoul . His sneed levels were fucked and sucked

No. He really likes horses.

>sending Bobby to kill that guy just cause he beat him in a fight
>purposefully triggering Janice at any moment he can when she does seem to try to be better
>making fun of Chrissy and his alcoholism

He just enjoyed fucking with people. Clear sociopath.

No you fucking retard

Complete narcissist, but not really a sociopath. That is, not until the second half of Season 6at least.

>Janice
>genuinely trying to get better
>ever

The rest is accurate though

How was it "obvious" he died?

Clearly he was evil. He murdered people for his own personal gain.

Bobby needed to be taken down a peg. It's not right that he gets to be made and have all the benefits of being in the mafia without actually killing someone. Also he had to be punished for beating the shit out of the boss and Tony actually took it easy on him by not straight up whacking him.

>"I wonder what's French Canadian for 'i grew up without a mother'"
AHHHHHHHHHH FUCK
Honestly may have been the most sick, disgusting thing he's ever said on the show.
youtu.be/haWOLGAHppc

Attached: Mon dieu Tony what the fuck.jpg (1515x1080, 372K)

What differs from sociopathy and psyschopathy is that sociopathy is learned. I don't think it's fair to say Tony is incapable of empathy, over the years he's just become numb to it. By the end, he's no longer haunted by all the bad things he's done, the friends he's killed. He's accepted and overcome the pain of it.

Another thing is that all mobsters/organised crime types essentially live in a bubble. What seems absurd to the average person doesn't seem so to people involved, it's just the accepted way of things. One wonders if Tony was removed from the mafia and forced to live a normal life would he find himself eventually having deep regrets for what he's done.

I'm conflicted on these. Abandoning your child so you could be a cool wine aunt for 20 years - and then preach to others on how to live. Yeah idk.

No, just not varsity athlete material

He'd score very high on Hare's psychopath checklist.

He triggers janice because he know's she's a calculating, manipulative bitch putting on an act.

errrmmm based???!?!?!

you can see in that one glance how much Tony hates Janice being happy, and how happy he is to bring her misery
just like their mother

How did Bobby even become a made man without ever clipping anybody?

Janice is basically a female version of Tony

That's a good question.

Forgot pic.

Attached: original3_t1.jpg (555x507, 139K)

nah Janice is clearly just as big a piece of shit as Tony is, if not worse. Tony clearly has at least some vague sense of empathy - toward his kids, friends, animals whatever. Janice doesn't appear to have any throughout the course of the show. Everything she does is calculated to bring some benefit to herself

He apparently made enough money for it to not matter and his father was known to have killed tons of people. He was probably honest about paying his superiors the full cut of his earnings while other mobsters would pretend they had less money.

>Revocation of conditional release
?

Problem is he does shit like that to everyone, according to who HE thinks deserves it. In his usual social circle people often do deserve it, but just think of how many people (mostly civilians or low ranking mooks who cant fight back) he put in the hospital and killed over dumb shit

Not 100% sure but might be fucking up parole and ending up back in prison.