This movie was fucking amazing

This movie was fucking amazing

Anyone else seen it? What did you think?

If you haven’t seen it, I definitely recommend you do. Fascinating true story, and one of the best integrations of the real people involved into a film about them that I’ve seen.

Attached: B2D9CEB5-BE28-4786-A06B-516711EDEC5C.png (220x324, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/02/transy-book-heist
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never heard about it. Is it coming to Netflix?

so fucking good
the Regret when he talks about trying to tie the woman up was kinography

>American animals
Is this the documentary on the obongos?

I like the part with Evan Peters naked in the bathtub

Its complete and utter trash. The moment they start narrating the story as if it were a documentary was the moment I turned that shit off.

I watched it on amazon prime

That’s what made it good. Especially when it’s shown just how different each of them told it, and now you can’t really trust any of their versions of it really

Is this hotline miami

based thick skinned bro

Really boring take on an already boring plot, all the hollywood gussied up effects and filters couldn't save it, the mockumentary bits fell flat, and the actors seemed like they couldn't care less to be there.

I´ve seen it because my RLM friend simulator lauded it. Mike thought is the best edited movie of its year and one of the best of the decade. After watching it, I have to concurr with my dear fake friend from Milwaukee and one of the best they´ve ever praised.

>effects

What “effects”? The whole movie was basically just people doing stuff. No effects happened

...you didn’t watch it, did you?

>Fascinating true story
It's not though, the documentary bits are phony, they're pulling a Fargo to put the viewer in a certain state of mind

Probably my favourite film of 2018, unfortunetly op you're being sincere on a board full of shit posters

I didn’t watch it for educational purposes, I watched it for entertainment, so I can’t say I give a shit

Also, you’re wrong. The documentary parts with the criminals are the real dudes. The parents interview parts are with actors though

>nobody wants to be ordinary
because ordinary=low status=wage slave or neet or retirement home

I loved it but it unfortunately wasn't in my top 5 of the year, but that's due to it being a strong year, and not because it was a bad movie.

"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense"
-Tom Clancy

>as if it were a documentary
But that's what it is. It's a mixed narrative documentary. The director's last movie, The Imposter, was also like this, but closer to the documentary side. It's fantastic, too.

>mockumentary bits
The documentary bits. Those were the real people who commited the crimes. No mockumentary. The movie wouldn't work without the interviews because it made the events believable. If someone wrote a fiction script where characters did the things they do in this movie it'd be shit on for not making any sense, but they're real, and gets the audience to buy it by having the actual perpetrators remind you every 5 minutes.

>documentary bits are phony, they're pulling a Fargo
vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/02/transy-book-heist
It happened. One of the perps wrote a book about it, too.

Where are you people getting the idea that it wasn't the real people being interviewed?

I really loved how they were jut a group of young guys, who wanted to do something ridiculous, crazy and illegal, just because they thought it would be cool. It wasn’t like it was about the money really, especially with all the doubt that the main dude even talked with a real fence.

I sympathise really. We all grow up thinking we’ll be the protagonists of Hollywood movies and end up being background characters, the desire to break out of that even with something horrible is relatable

>Really boring take on an already boring plot
This alone makes no sense It's just a recreation of something that actually happened
>gussied up effects and filters couldn't save it
What are you even on about? What effects what filters??

>unreliable narrators tell the same story
This sounds really kino thank you for the recommendation. Did you know this and Gotti are the only two movies produced by Moviepass?

I was very confused by this movie. Was this supposed to be DC or Marvel? Why were they stealing that thing? Was a supervillain after it? What were their superpowers anyways? Was this an origin story, or were they already established characters in the shared universe? Where was the Stan Lee cameo? So many questions. My brain hurts. I'm going to go watch The Lion King at my local kinoplex now. Bye.

MP also produced some movie called "The Row"