Is Lynch right? Is Transcendental Meditation the secret to true Kino?

Is Lynch right? Is Transcendental Meditation the secret to true Kino?

Attached: meditateUFUCKS.jpg (1039x1090, 189K)

Nah. But meditation is good for you. Just don't pay money to learn it.

What the fuck is "meditation" anyway? Sure as shit just sounds like thinking real hard.

dude, that midget was talking backward and dancing NOW THAT'S DEEP BRO!

literally the opposite. try not thinking anything and you'll quickly realize just how flooded your head gets with all kinds of thoughts seemingly coming out of nowhere.
TM is different though. Instead of clearing your head, you perform a personal chant. you can do it in your head or out loud, and it can be anything from a well known mantra to any word you choose.
personally, only normal meditation has any effect. TM i just can't get around

>paying thousands of dollars to learn how to meditate by learning some sacred word

Nah TM is a scam, but meditation is great. Go do a Vippasana my man.

give it to me in more detail, I wanna try this shit out since I find myself getting irrationally angry at everything all the time

Attached: spiritual finger.webm (850x480, 2.84M)

Go on YouTube and just search for guided meditation videos, that’s how I got started. They’ll tell you the process of how to do it properly if it’s a good video.

Sit down comfortably. Close your eyes. Repeat a simple word or a phrase, your "mantra". Preferably one that doesn't mean anything that would distract you. Otherwise it's completely unimportant what it is. More spiritually inclined practitioners will tell you it matters but it really doesn't. Anyway, repeat it for a while. Focus on it. Try not to get distracted by any other thoughts. Pay attention to your breathing. Soon it'll settle into a slow, regular rythm. Do this for a while. Soon you'll feel a very relaxed and joyful, almost euphoric feeling. That's what you're going for.

Do this about twice a day. Preferably in the morning and in the evening. Chances are it'll make your life just a little bit happier.

i read 3 books in total on meditation. two by eckhart tolle and one i can't remember. the best one by far was eckhart tolle - the power of now. that's my recommendation if you want a super in-detail explanation, and where meditation comes from historically, theologically, and spiritually.
for TM i don't have any

its about mastering your own mind and keeping your "self" under control

you just know

thanks bros. mental wellness here I come

He's ninety, he smokes a forest of marlboros every day, and he's working steadily despite being unpopular.
He's doing something right.

Meditation is simply learning to control all of your urges by clearing your mind of all thoughts, that takes a LOT of effort and self-discipline, that's why it's so hard at the start.

After some time practicing it you will realize that you can prevent your feelings from controlling you the same way you can prevent thoughts from popping up in your mind during meditation. In 30 minutes of meditation you have to control your mind hundreds of times to prevent it from thinking and it's the same mechanism from your your feelings, they are all urges.

Like thoughts, anger will come to you and you will be able to let if fade away because you have trained to do so.

All off this unironically

It's because he's a vegan

Consider also reducing your consumption of refined sugar. Sugar is a psychotropic drug (no, seriously) and it creates emotional explosions.

lynch is right about literally everything
hot take: twin peaks is nonfiction
no i'm not joking

Attached: 1545205868254.jpg (784x608, 92K)

Just sit down comfortably in a quiet place, put phones and computers FAR away, set an alarm for 20 minutes, focus on the ground until you feel your mind is relaxed.

After that, close your eyes, take a DEEP breath and clear your mind, just focus on your breathing, if thoughts pop-up just let them come and fade alway while focusing on your breathing, dont give them attention, just let them slide, don't focus on what you are hearing, dont focus on the blackness you see, dont focus on smells or anything else, BE COUNSCIOUS, JUST THAT, be a cousnciousness floating in infinite space.

Don't be hard on yourself the first couple of times, you must likely will not succeed completely or feel anything different.

After a week or so of doing this every day up your time to 30 minutes, this is when things really start to get interesting and change you a LOT.

Feels about as good as an orgasm if you're doing it right. Afterward it feels like you popped a Xanax, without being the type of retard who willfully takes prescribed Xanax

Gonna do my daily 30 once I finish work. Join us anons

Attached: 1562561155961.jpg (1920x1200, 327K)

No, the secret is trans dental medication.

I wouldn't be so sure it's irrational.

He smokes American Spirits and has since the 90s.

meditation is healthy, and good for relaxation and grounding oneself opposed to being constantly in your head and away from the current moment, but there's nothing "transcendental" about it, the only people who believe that shit are acid burnouts from the 70s like Lynch who are super into Buddhism and esoteric shit

the transcendental aspect is as believable as magick threads on /x/

it's the literal opposite. it's clearing your mind and experiencing mindfulness of your current situation and state of mind and letting go of shit that you dont need

>transcendental meditation
>and coffee and cigarettes
Yeah, pretty sure you've just been Lynched.