Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=67Vgag2PtNA
youtube.com/watch?v=g16IV1ZyRC4
youtube.com/watch?v=g_wBtVN6bXE
youtu.be/Mz-7KcfsKd0
youtube.com/watch?v=5Hh3I4zJZMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3eOsfzzD2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Austria? Well then, haha, "g'day mate!".

He's right, you just have to dig upwards diagonally

are the great plains states really like that? looks comfy as hell

>tell her I'm rich and uh, good looking
>and that I have a rapist wit

Attached: thanksfornoticing.png (592x325, 375K)

swinson.,,.swanson,..samsonite. i knew it began with an s

It wasn't fucking CGI. Obviously a place such as that must exist. Fucking retard.

John Denver was full of shit

yeah but probably with more wind turbines and powerlines and mcmansions now.
no need to be so rude.

why don't we get comedy films like this any more? hell i'd even take a ben stiller tier comedy like dodgeball. it's like the comedy genre died a quick death around the mid-2000s

no..and I don't CAAAAAARE

Attached: 000.png (983x571, 623K)

Try reddit if you can't handle it faggot.

Le improvisation

If you saw dumb and dumber today like it was brand new, you would not think it's hilarious

because we entered the clown timeline irl.

>I expected the rocky mountains to be a little rockier than this

this

Why else did Dumb and Dumber To bomb?

Attached: 25589426.png (1202x1500, 1.84M)

why was the Cable Guy so unappreciated Yea Forums? it wasn't dark or creepy at all, i don't get that characterisation of it. it's probably my favorite Carrey performance

Real life became the only joke we need

>John Denver was full of shit

because carrey and jeff daniels haven't been funny since about 2000

dumb and dumberer is unironically a good movie

harry your hands are freezing

edgy little fag

>"Where I Find My Heaven" starts playing

Attached: 1561608447203.jpg (750x429, 107K)

You really need to go back.

>MARY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
>SHE'S A VEGETARIAN

Maybe you should wear these extra gloves. My hands are starting to get sweaty.

Attached: 1465550355550.gif (922x570, 196K)

Keep crying, reddit.

this is easily in my top 5.

How is one movie so fucking quotable.

samsonite! Ha I was WAY off!

what if he shot you in the face?

FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN NUMBER

Attached: S9aSWSx.png (1280x720, 783K)

I like how harry was stupid but could still do basic things like read and how lloyd was legitimately borderline retarded.

Attached: HospitableExhaustedGander-max-1mb.gif (240x184, 133K)

youtube.com/watch?v=67Vgag2PtNA

i think dumb and dumber is a perfect comedy film

>"HEY EVERYBODY! We landed on the Moon!!"

>I'm sick and tired of having to eek my way through life. I'm sick and tired of being a nobody. But most of all, I'm sick and tired of having nobody.

Attached: a2b.jpg (567x437, 29K)

NO WAY...

Attached: S9aSWSx.png (500x500, 254K)

take your schizo meds

Attached: sadfrog.png (480x480, 351K)

Big Gulps huh?

instead of having the great plains be a nature reserved, they just spam wind turbine killing the birds and building new houses for white people trying to get away from the shitskins that they voted for.

:(

what did that scene mean? im a euro so maybe I’m missing something

>wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
>ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ

Knew it started with an S though

Are you kidding? I love the movie, but it's creepy as fuck. Carrey is hilarious in it, but he plays the obsessed stalker so well that I started believing it.

>Teh, tuh, ttte
>The

nothing. it's just stupid and all the more funny that it's a pair of gangbanging niggers he says it too. remember it was the mid 90s at the height of the crack epidemic, violent crime, LA/rodney king riots etc

another user explained it better than I could:

Because it shows how socially inept he is. He is trying to strike up a conversation with total strangers, and the only thing he can think of to say is about what they are doing, which is drinking big gulps. His comments are only to acknowledge what they are doing, which is as low as you can go in a conversation. He then says he will see them later, which is usually what you say to someone you know, but he doesn't know them and won't be seeing them later. All of these comments come naturally to him, but they are dumb and wrong, which perfectly illustrates how inept he is.

Attached: 000.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

Well, see ya later!

there's nothing creepy about it, it's fucking carrey playing a slapstick wacky character. it's like saying airplane! is traumatizing because it's about an airplane that's going to crash.

>hey guys! big gulps, huh...? whelp, see you later!
I'm a leaf, and I've never really known, but it's one of the funniest lines in the movie to me. He attempts to make small talk in an awkward way, the two guys look at him like wtf, so he instantly bails on the situation.

Attached: 1475789847635.gif (327x240, 1.97M)

apparently they were just random nigs who happened to be at the garage they were filming at, they weren't hired extras kek

If you don't find him at least off-putting in that movie, I'd hazard a guess that you're the same kind of creepy IRL as his character.

Apparently those guys were extras told not to say anything and Jim Carry just did that to fuck with them.

“One line that was definitely ad libbed is the Big Gulp line. In fact, the two guys he was talking to weren’t even extras, they were just hanging out, watching us shoot and I decided to pull them in. They happened to have Big Gulps and Jim Carey just ran with it. True story.”-Pete Farrelly

Attached: 1562900220209.png (260x221, 55K)

Apatow cornered the market and then everything after tried to replicate what he did.

>WULL... HAWST... A NULE...
>will... host... annual
>teh... teheh... thehhh
>...the
gets me every time

Attached: 1562187575889.gif (225x255, 1.98M)

awesome

Attached: 1547587578497.png (459x612, 533K)

it's not off-putting, it's not a creepy film because it's not meant to be taken remotely seriously. he literally spends the entire film with the most stupid exaggerated overbite and exaggerative pronunciations/lisp and body language. there's no way anyone can take his character remotely seriously or think the other main characters are in danger.

youtube.com/watch?v=g16IV1ZyRC4

>eww..jim carrey is so super creepy in this film!

I don't know what else to tell you. The character is clearly meant to be creepy and off-putting. He's a literal stalker who kidnaps the protag's girlfriend at the end. Keep in mind, "creepy and off-putting" is far different than "outright terrifying."

Everybody left. Blackballed or otherwise.

it's not creepy like "omfg its slenderman in a dark woods!" creepy but the comedy comes from him being a weird creepy stalker. idk what kind of brain damage you have, but you have it.
if anything you can at least imagine what a person irl like this would be like and find that creepy. the backstory of him being raised by a tv lends himself to being pretty sympathetic.

>The character is clearly meant to be creepy and off-putting
nope, not to the audience.
>He's a literal stalker who kidnaps the protag's girlfriend at the end.
hey so are harry and lloyd

>but the comedy comes from him being a weird creepy stalker
no it doesn't, the comedy comes from just how exaggerative the performance is

>the two guys look at him like wtf, so he instantly bails on the situation.

i think its not like that, its just lloyds gogetter uppity attitude being goofy friendly to everyone, no inhibitions

also one of the comfiest movies ever

So what about the book that the movie is based on?

Please explain the sinister tone of the poster, then.

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 10K)

that fucking spray at the end always gets me

Attached: 1532646666807.png (285x285, 49K)

>sinister tone
>jim carrey
>massive exaggerated underbite
>looks like a retard
what did he mean by this?

>that's as good as money, sir. those are IOUs. see that? that's a car. two hundred fifty thou. might wanna hang onto that.
Watching this movie as a kid made me think IOUs were a legitimate currency.

Attached: 1502506173231.png (455x561, 462K)

wow the old mcnair place. never thought they'd get the floors clean after what happened here

I'm not gonna sit here and try to explain the symbolism of the lightning combined with his facial expression to an idiot. Sorry, lad. Just know that you are the only person in the world that holds this incorrect opinion.

Excuse me, Flo

>what is satire
cringing @ you right now

The big gulp thing is just how autists try to interact with a random black guy..

you're retarded just stop posting.

Right on my SANDWICH after you kiss it!

Attached: 25589426.png (730x535, 349K)

You're saying you'd be fine with it if, IRL, some random guy who fixed your cable once somehow
>got unfettered access to your home without your knowledge
>finds out who your ex girlfriend is, then begins harassing her on the phone and in real life
>finds out who your parents are and goes over to their house, unbeknownst to you
>calls you 30+ times per day, wondering where you are
>randomly shows up at your gym, without you telling him where it was or when you'd be there
>throws you a party and buys you a hooker without telling you she's a hooker
>disconnects your cable so you have to call him to fix it again, and when you call him, he's already in the building, waiting for the call
You're saying these are normal, non-creepy things that normal people do.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_wBtVN6bXE

Attached: 1561608447203.jpg (317x267, 22K)

kike

It's the ultimate dick move.
>I don't have the money right now brah, but have this piece of paper saying I owe you. It's good. My word is my bond.

If your word is your bond then why are you writing something up in the first place? It's because you're untrustworthy and a piece of degenerate shit. I've lend people money, they promised to pay me back and I've always gotten my money back. WTF is an IOU. You're admitting to being a piece of shit and the person you're lending it from is a cuck for agreeing to this shit. Having someones word should be enough.

We're living in a comedy right now man shut off the tv

There were no funny comedy movies before 1985

The funniest comedy ever made came out in '84.

Attached: NLVNXJuptPJ2EyP2NWafJEfJEL5YlF_large.jpg (1600x1988, 260K)

youtu.be/Mz-7KcfsKd0

KINO

he's not meant to be a creepy character to the audience you fucking retard. it's like saying dumb and dumber is a dark comedy because harry and lloyd are creepy in how much they obsess over mary, or how hot fuzz is a creepy film because it's about a murderous occult cabal.

>got unfettered access to your home without your knowledge
>finds out who your ex girlfriend is, then begins harassing her on the phone and in real life
>finds out who your parents are and goes over to their house, unbeknownst to you
>calls you 30+ times per day, wondering where you are
>randomly shows up at your gym, without you telling him where it was or when you'd be there
>throws you a party and buys you a hooker without telling you she's a hooker
>disconnects your cable so you have to call him to fix it again, and when you call him, he's already in the building, waiting for the call
in the context of the film literally all of these are funny and stupid scenes and literally can't be interpreted as being dark or creepy

youtube.com/watch?v=5Hh3I4zJZMQ

>redditards actually find this scene creepy

boomer comedy isn't comedy

Answer me faggot

this is a bone chilling slow burn that really stays with you, pure brainlet filter. kys

Also there is 50 year old barbed wire everywhere lining every road and around every property. It's rusty and ugly as fuck. Barbed wire should be illegal.

airplane and animal house are two of the best comedies ever made, as some anons further up the thread said there hasn't even been a remotely good comedy film in about 15 years. zoomer comedy isn't comedy

what book?

it's a slapstick satire

stop posting

>The final script had elements so disturbing that Columbia heard many complaints regarding certain scenes. In turn, Apatow declared that the studio did not specifically order removals, "but we took [the scenes] out as part of the natural evolution of our creative process". Stiller stated that he shot every scene with "a dark version and a light version", and that he was surprised that the studio did not object to the violent ending.
Read the wiki page, numbnuts. The producer, director and star all say its supposed to be a bizzare black comedy spoof of thrillers.

>The final script had elements so disturbing that Columbia heard many complaints regarding certain scenes. In turn, Apatow declared that the studio did not specifically order removals, "but we took [the scenes] out as part of the natural evolution of our creative process". Stiller stated that he shot every scene with "a dark version and a light version", and that he was surprised that the studio did not object to the violent ending.

there is literally nothing unsettling about a slapstick jim carrey character and there never will be, no matter how much you repost wikipedia entries

I never worked with a vig because I'm not a fucking gangster. And the people who came to me were ashamed to ask me. But not ashamed enough to not tell other people apparently. I've always been discreet. Which is why I'm bitching about it on a basket weaving forum. But don't come at me like you're ashamed to ask me this thing and then tell your friends about it. I've stopped lending people money because I don't want them to turn me into an asshole. I can provide you with food and shelter, but other than that: : you're on your own.

but harry and lloyd are good people at the end of the day, as shown when they have moments that are meant to be taken seriously like when lloyd is describing his love life.
the cable guys actual character is a rotten, lonely, broken individual. it's still a comedy, yes. but there's some groundedness behind it all. you legit have aspergers or something.

this was a complete improv, they just happened to have that on the wall as part of the set and Carey was just supposed to leave the bar

>it hits too close to home today

Attached: really sad bruh.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Just ignore the three main creative minds behind the movie saying otherwise. Not to mention literally everyone else who's seen it. I'm 90% convinced this is a throwback "I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED" trolljob.

I don't think user understands that creepy is just an adjective describing character traits someone can possess and not a giant spider lurking in the shadows or something.
what an autistic little sperglord I mad.

Peak 90's comfiness

Attached: ab1.gif (400x400, 17K)

You sound gay.

More like biggest snorefest

Attached: horsebarbedwireinjury.jpg (350x238, 63K)

Watched that Starsky and Hutch movie Stiller did the other week for the first time and it was unironically better than the shit we get today.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3eOsfzzD2s

Attached: sweating.gif (1920x1076, 2.17M)

Looks like the wire is doing its job. Problem?

literally bone chilling

Watched this movie for first time in years the other night. It kind of loses me near the end but the road trip in the first half is some of the comfiest comedy ever put to film.

Attached: dumb2.gif (500x260, 997K)

Mid-budget comedies from the 90s and 00s are miles better than the big name shit we get now. Zoomers were a mistake.

best tv edit I ever saw in my life

I'm still a sucker for
>THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FIND A STRANGER IN THE ALPS

Killer boots man!

Why does it lose you near the end? Just curious.

He had the right name, too. Best part of it.

That one’s good too. I have a soft spot for the sandwich line because my old buddy and I saw that like 10 years ago when we were in high school and we couldn’t get over it for a long time. So that one’s attached to memory too.

What sound was he referencing - the early dial-up internet sound?