How do you even interpret this ""ending""?

How do you even interpret this ""ending""?

Attached: End.webm (854x480, 1.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Eva-00's_soul
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shinji has spent a very long time by himself since rejecting instrumentality. He has a sea of LCL to survive on and Eva pilots age slowly. It was long enough at least for his grave to Misato to rust over , the moon to go from new to full, and his makeshift house to collapse and erode (you see the pillars of it in a single shot).

Suddenly Asuka appears, Shinji has been alone for so long and is unhinged from all that has happened. He's not sure he's in instrumentality again, or even never left it. Just as in instrumentality he strangles asuka to see her reaction, and instead of just standing there like a doll she instead carcasses his cheek and does something unexpected. Shinji realizes this is real and breaks down and cries.

Asuka meanwhile says she feels disgusted because Shinji fapped over her. The end.

You can interpret it positively or negatively. My opinion is private, and the right one.

Why is it that Yea Forums was so angry about Simpsons threads not being on Yea Forums that they made a spam meme to drive them off, but is perfectly okay with Evangelion threads not being on Yea Forums?

Its either Adam and Eve 2.0 or the end of the world.

we ran out of money and effort, but the fanbois will fill in the copious and vast blanks for us rather than admit they're drinking snake oil.

Attached: 69063_10200914378730945_648603749_n.jpg (480x299, 23K)

Here's an interpretation for you - NGE is a piece of pretentious, pseudo-intelligent, meaningless drivel. Stop watching cartoons you manchild.

I dont watch cartoons I watch SPORTS

Well it's art house, you yourself decide what happened. Same as Apocalypse Now etc.

obviously anno telling the audience who is best girl

Attached: 768696.gif (220x293, 283K)

>Arthouse means unfinished

Well, the more you know, I guess

Jesus Christ, you guys have to deal with this shit in Yea Forums, too?

Ty, this

Attached: 1483567445299.png (200x94, 17K)

With no on else around Asuka has nothing to prove. Except how good she is at sucking the D

Attached: w0C8wos.jpg (980x1400, 376K)

>Shinji has spent a very long time by himself since rejecting instrumentality. He has a sea of LCL to survive on and Eva pilots age slowly. It was long enough at least for his grave to Misato to rust over , the moon to go from new to full, and his makeshift house to collapse and erode (you see the pillars of it in a single shot).

Wait is that seriously it? Wow this series was worse than I thought.

*Dies offscreen*

Attached: Kaji_smile_%28NGE%29.png (640x480, 368K)

Because Yea Forums is an anime website, not a cartoon one. Still, NGE shouldn't be the main topic of a thread on Yea Forums.

Absolutely based
Fatbeards on suicide watch

>meaningless drivel BAD

>cuckime
Anime goes on Yea Forums, and TV/Movies go on Yea Forums. How many times do we have to explain this to you weeb faggots? You don't deserve this board. Stay in your containment board of sweaty basedboys and trannies who think they literally look like Felix Argyle and Astolfo.

Attached: egyptiansherbetmouthsmk2.jpg (485x152, 20K)

thatgs right becouse real men go hunting ladies and watching sports al day with your manly friends

STFU you square headed mongoloid, go join the army, hope some arab rape you with his kalashnikov, while you sperg "b-but i followed the rulesss"

Go to a different website.

>muh anime website
Sorry, buster. Site says each board is dedicated to a topic. Go join your fellow anime fags on Yea Forums.

Attached: yeebackinmyday.png (1538x988, 681K)

Do we need to go through the runescape forum metaphor again? This is an anime website, with separate boards for anime fans to discuss a variety of topics. Like I said, NGE shouldn't be a thread of its own on this board, but the reason people dont complain about it while complaining about the simpsons is because this is an anime website.

Yea Forums FAQ says it's an image board, with boards dedicated to topics. It is not an anime website.

Why don't you just apply as a moderator? You look like you have the skills for it.

Go to a different website.

So are you new or are you pretending to be retarded?

Shinji abandoned god hood so he could continue to hate himself. Since him and asuka were in the lcl guf they know how they feel about each other. He tries to kill her again because he cant stomach her love. She exclaims her disgust for him because hes still pathetic and self hating after everything and made no progress at all.

I am am avid mango and animu fan but I'm mever watching NGE because normalfaggots ruin everything

What happens next? They're alone now, world is destroyed...

Even my gf got this shit, it's not fucking hard at all. They were the first to reject instrumentality.

Dont push people away

Thats literally it

Okay

You have the brain of a literal teenager if this is really how you think

>Eva pilots age slowly
Get that rebuild shit the fuck out of here

The poster happens next. They spend time together and probably fuck like rabbits while waiting for others to also start rejecting instrumentality.

Attached: hcBJB.jpg (594x698, 110K)

They wait for more people to show up and rebuild society.

>everyone died but two eva pilots who hate each other
Woah, really hard.

There is a Yea Forums thread up RIGHT NOW you could be shitting up instead

>hate each other
Imagine being so dumb kids cartoons with basic premise go over your head

Have you not seen it? Kaji dies very much on screen

You are confusing the endings. EoE had a massive budget all the way through

Anno, doesn't like Rei, as he has stated:
"The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all.

In the midst of making Eva, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten her. Her very existence. For example, in episode seven, I remembered and added one shot with Rei. I had no attachment to her at all. I think that was okay, because in episode eight, she didn't appear. Not even in a single shot. "

The thing I like about this poster is that it looks like a fairly standard, abstract representation of the movie when it's in fact a completely literal spoiler. Just kind of funny to me.

Attached: Bill of the Hill.jpg (548x582, 88K)

it wasn´t official poster, anime retards for some reason liked the pic even tho pic related is way better and it was the official poster of the movie

Attached: 1561244838380.jpg (550x750, 85K)

Everyone likes it more because it's fucking kino and offers just a little bit more of what fuck happened after the final choking scene, even if it's just Asuka sitting up and watching the sea with Shinji

this is fucking terrible

>cut to black with gunshot
>dying offscreen
uh no

as usual morons like (you) like things spelled it out, the official poster is pleb filter

What is there to interpret? EoE is the least abstract ending compared to the TV ending. Everything in EoE is literal.

I KNOW

I KNOW I'VE LET YOU DOWN

I'VE BEEN A FOOL TO MYSELF

I know what the theatrical poster was. The more text a poster has the worse it is, and that is some of the most text I've ever seen on a poster. The background is great, but the text makes it atrocious. Posters and cover art are best used as visual representations, not fucking essays.
>as usual morons like (you) like things spelled it out
Says the retard who prefers the poster that rambles on about instrumentality.

Attached: 1553747398859.png (600x539, 170K)

>two eva pilots who hate each other
>missing the point this hard

It's just Anno being butthurt. His favorite character, Asuka, wasn't even in the first episodes.

Almost like she's from across the globe

Aren't you a little old to be watching cartoons?

you can only interpret it if you were diddled as a kid. you weren't diddled, were you? then you're fine.

Choke me daddy

IT ALL COMES TUMBLIN DOWN
TUMBLIN DOWN
TUMBLIN DOWN
IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING
I JUST KEEP LETTING ME DOWN
LETTING ME DOWN
LETTING ME DOWN

They exist to live as individuals, their future relationship is unknown but will be probably turbulent. None the less they are better prepare to live with the pains of it

greatest animated film of all time

It was the home release art. Anons point still stands

Anyone have a map, because I'm lost in Rei's eyes.

Attached: 149.jpg (300x100, 20K)

Not user. but first time watching. Is it bonde doctor that shoots him? or am i too dumb to figure it out?

There isnt a sticky for this board.

It's never explicitly stated, and at best you have fan theories. Film book says it wasn't a main character though

Damnit I hate unfinished plot threads. oh well only a few more episodes to go.

It's not exactly a plot thread as much as it's up to interpretation. Like the OP post

kino af

>based kikeflix exposing all the paypig faggots on teevee

Attached: 1437396871571.jpg (460x700, 63K)

too bad this shit isn't on spotify, I have to listen to it off youtube

How can you tell the difference between people who watched it before and after Netflix got the rights

by whether they LIKED or LOVED it

Attached: A_Smile_of_Betrayal.png (985x644, 788K)

even though people can be cruel to each other, sometimes they can choose not to be. and that's what makes human interaction worthwhile

They love eachother, dude. Weren't you paying attention?

one of two ways
>wow that's pretentious and stupid
>OMG SO DEEP WHEN I INCLUDE MY HEADCANON HE'S SO MUCH LIKE ME I COULD CHOOSE TO SHAPE THE WORLD IN MY OWN IMAGE IF ONLY MECHAS WERE REAL

Wtf are you on

The whole thing is that everyone is still alive in the LCL pool.

But they have a choice this time to regain their physical bodies or stay non existent. Asuka/Shinji are the first ones to decide to come back to a physical body, others would follow.

what is this thing? it's shows up when komm susser tod begins

Attached: wat.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

While love is a very strong word, he is right that at the very least there is mutual attraction between the two, as shown through things like the wall of Jericho line, the kiss scene, Asuka coming in and sleeping next to shinji's bed, her comment of wanting "all or none of him" in instrumentality, etc.
Now, the questions of how much is that just teenage hormones, and if they'd ever be able to overcome their rather severe issues to make any sort of functional relationship work are entirely different, and up to pure speculation, but attraction between the two is almost undeniable.

>spotify

The end was rewritten with bullshit because of the sarin attacks.
Now it is like one of those horrible 80-90 anime that got a reboot every year, like Tenchi Muyo! and countless other examples.

Kenjiro Hata also forgot Hinagiku near the end of Hayate no Gotoku.

>What happens next?
Unless more humans materialize from the Sea of LCL, Shinji and Asuka will have to start repopulating, leading to potential generations of genetic inbreeding. This leads to other questions:
- Did Instrumentality only affect mankind or all life on Earth indiscriminately?
- What are Shinji and Asuka going to eat? Rei's decaying corpse?
- Where are Shinji and Asuka? On the the shores of ruined Japan or somewhere else?
- How long will it take for life to come back?
- Is the Rebuild series part time reset and part sequel to the original series?
- How come when Shinji & Asuka rematerialized, they got their clothes back? Turning into LCL caused people to leave their clothes behind.
- How did Asuka get that cast over her eye?
- How did Unit 01 produce a new Lance of Longinus?
- Why did Unit 01 die?
- Why does Unit 01 have hair when it's shown that the Evas don't have hair?

Attached: zed98.jpg (600x600, 48K)

>"mango and animu fan"
>never watched NGE
Fuck off.

>Did Instrumentality only affect mankind or all life on Earth indiscriminately?
all life
lilim are all creatures
>What are Shinji and Asuka going to eat? Rei's decaying corpse?
they'll probably drink lcl like some weird matrix shit
>Where are Shinji and Asuka? On the the shores of ruined Japan or somewhere else?
I'm guessing the earth has been reformed but it doesn't really matter
>How long will it take for life to come back?
it already has (started)
>Is the Rebuild series part time reset and part sequel to the original series?
I'm pretty sure Anno said it's an alternate ending because he's stuck in his own creation now and can't escape
>How come when Shinji & Asuka rematerialized, they got their clothes back?
s-stop asking quesitons
>How did Asuka get that cast over her eye?
I think it's a reference to when her eva got face speared
>How did Unit 01 produce a new Lance of Longinus?
it didn't. that's the original that flew back from the moon's orbit. not sure how it summoned it though. the other spears were man-made
>Why did Unit 01 die?
isn't the implication that it didn't?
>Why does Unit 01 have hair when it's shown that the Evas don't have hair?
the other evas are from adam but 01 was from lilith

also it's not very well written

>- Did Instrumentality only affect mankind or all life on Earth indiscriminately?
All life. Misato explained to Shinji that mankind and all forms of life came from Lilith, just like how the other angels spawned from Adam. This is why we don't see any other forms of life aside from Shinji and Asuka at the end.
>- What are Shinji and Asuka going to eat? Rei's decaying corpse?
Probably. It's a post-post apocalyptic world by the end of the film. Maybe some forms of food survived Third Impact elsewhere, or maybe they'll ingest the LCL.
>- Where are Shinji and Asuka?
Probably at the edge of the crater or shoreline left behind by the Third Impact explosion from earlier.
>- How long will it take for life to come back?
Yui, Shinji's mom, explained that as long as mankind has the will to come back into a physical form like Shinji and Asuka did, life will inevitably return. The amount of time, however, is dependent on whether they want to or not.
>- Is the Rebuild series part time reset and part sequel to the original series?
I wanna say they're unrelatable and are merely separate timelines, but there's a ton of coincidental connections and references to the second half of the original series in the Rebuilds that aren't just recycled for the sake of remaking/rebooting the originals. Even Kaworu partially references EoE a few times in the Rebuilds in a timeline that didn't exist yet.
>- How come when Shinji & Asuka rematerialized, they got their clothes back?
No clue. It does seem like a contradiction given the fact that when Shinji rematerialized from Unit 01 in the TV series, he was butt ass naked. Ergo, Shinji and Asuka should've come back in the nude in EoE, but whatever.
>- How did Asuka get that cast over her eye?
Again, no clue. Same as last time. I know she lost her eye due to Unit 02 getting impaled through the face by the Deus Ex lance from nowhere, but the cast remains a mystery.
>- How did Unit 01 produce a new Lance of Longinus?
With it's mouth.

juxtaposition of the first scene where he masterbates over her.

instead this time the bodily fluid comes from his eyes and not his dick.

hence love is both lust and emotion. How disgusting

>rebuild society.
>rebuild
BRAVO ANNO

>- Why did Unit 01 die?
Because it expended its energy to end Third Impact + Instrumentality, thusly petrifying afterwards.
>- Why does Unit 01 have hair when it's shown that the Evas don't have hair?
Because it's female + all the Evas are biologically human.
Evangelion is series with numerous plotholes, and any attempts at filling plotholes only create more plotholes. In other words, it's an anime.

>Evangelion is series with numerous plotholes
this so hard
>In other words, it's an anime
I really hate most anime, but I feel like Brotherhood was pretty cohesive.
Watching NGE has made me fully skeptical about any anime recommended to me though.

People will always think ambiguity is a “plot hole” in this post-cinemasins world

>Shinji and Asuka are made for each other
>Asuka is the husband of the relationship and gives sex out of pitu

Are there women line that?

It was an unnamed SEELE agent

They got the Champions League, but it costed them the Premier League.

Attached: 1561935695081.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Naoko Akagi's hands around child Rei's neck

Who was the soul of Unit 00?

I’ll admit I’m not a smart one, no no, in fact a simpleton when it comes to symbolic mumbo gumbo but I feel the best interpretation is__________________________________________________Sneed_______________________________________________________________________

>Who was the soul of Unit 00?
It's either Rei 1 or Naoto Akagi.
wiki.evageeks.org/Eva-00's_soul

they talk about how Rei's soul becomes fractured each time she's remade
I think the implication is that unit 00's soul is a fracture of Rei's own

Shinji learnt his lesson, but it's probably to late. Shit's fucked now and you can't just unfuck it by a step in the right direction. They are probably done, but there is still a small chance.

Watch only capeshit like a chad.

>NGE is a piece of pretentious, pseudo-intelligent, meaningless drivel
Based

normalfags hate it, or like it up to a point

>NGE is a piece of pretentious, pseudo-intelligent, meaningless drivel
It was supposed to be a standardized, monster of the week mecha series with the Christian mythology thrown in as an aesthetic + the Freudian psychology added in to look and sound cool. Then, by Episode 16 and onward, Anno's gambling debts resulted in him succumbing to clinical depression & Gainax nearly going bankrupt, hence the downward decline of quality for the show towards the end (e.g. rushed plot points involving the Rei clones, the flashback prequel episode, Kaworu appearing the same episode that he dies in, the same "Shinji is depressed and needs to overcome his depression" thing that keeps getting recycled over and over, and the final 2 episodes that were clearly the result of lack of budget). Had Sadamoto retained control over the TV series, it probably would've turned out better and still involved the lost civilization of Aluka + the angel that emerges from Earth's moon + Kaworu appearing before Episode 24. This is why most of the Eva manga is better than the source material no matter what Yea Forums says.

Attached: 7eyes.gif (192x144, 7K)

>Kaworu

Now I remember that god afwul I love you scene that made me laugh.

>the wall of Jericho line
what was that about anyways? did she want shinji to go inside her room and fuck her?

I don't know why, but I cried watching the rebuild of the third impact. That's the first time I cried watching anything. What the fuck.

End of Eva has no real meaning, it's just a flashy lightshow for brainlets who didn't get the TV ending

I remember reading somewhere that Anno said at a panel that EoE wasn't even supposed to be the end of the franchise. The film was originally titled Death and Rebirth but when they ran out of budget AGAIN they just released Death and Rebirth as a compilation of the TV then moved it's plot to EoE.

EoE was going to be Shinji and Asuka finding human settlements that are under attack by Angels that eat people. They pilot organic Eva's against them or something. Anno said it was actually similar to Attack on Titan. It might be what 4.0 is about

Pic related happens
And yes, it is a sequel

Attached: p13424413_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 238K)

reibutt

Attached: reibutt.png (423x500, 196K)

Was Rei 1 certainly not even up for debate really

How can someone fucked up the budget not once, but TWICE.

Look at the fucking Rebuilds, literally 11 years ago the first one came out.

Eva's aren't biologically human. They have humans souls but the body of Adam

I won't believe this for a second until I get a source

You interpret it by wondering why you spent all that time watching some old jap cartoon, then turn 360 degrees and walk away

Basically.
Issue is, asuka's almost as bad at interacting and being open with people as shinji, and thus feels the need to cover everything with anger/cruelty, so as to protect herself. Same exact thing as with the kiss scene

sneed

Attached: 1562642849024.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Rei. That’s why 00 tried to kill Ritsuko.

Kaji is /ourguy/

Where is this makeshift house?

Here's an opinion, she strokes his face even as whilst she knows all that and is disgusted with him over the hospital thing, she can't help her feelings for him and is disgusted with herself too.

I'd vouch and say that the petrification is also a reference to Kars' demise from Jojo Part 2.
The beach scene with Shinji and Asuka is a reference to the closing scene of Devilman (the manga was from the 70s), so there's precedent for it.
Kars himself was immortal being sent out into space. He continued drifting unable to die until eventually he just stopped thinking and went catatonic and petrified, drifting eternally in space, alone.

>She exclaims her disgust for him because hes still pathetic and self hating after everything and made no progress at all.
Except he most definitely made progress, the mere rejection of instrumentality shows that.
She says disgusting in response to the hospital scene

For a split second in that scene where 00 does, Ritsuko is seen with dark hair, like her mother from 00's pov.
At the time you don't think of it if you even notice it as you think, 'ah well, colour blooper', on a rewatch it's fridge brilliance.

was this shit for real?

Attached: Fourth wall .png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

How do you even live with yourself knowing you're anime trash

>daicon iv animators are seele

anime pussy

Attached: 1551570878528.jpg (1191x1684, 315K)

sad spotify fag here, just download it on your fone

Attached: 1563407991515.png (400x400, 14K)

>How do you even interpret this ""ending""?

Old hags getting what's coming to them.

Attached: tumblr_m5mz4iPKdk1rr56cmo1_500.jpg (500x473, 58K)