Turn on MTV in Summer '97

>turn on MTV in Summer '97
>see this shitty video
This fucking song was so long too. Like 8 minutes of nonsense buttrock crap. I just wanted to watch Daria.

Attached: 1562480654254.png (857x475, 562K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/music-news/looking-back-in-anger-101-things-noel-gallagher-has-been-mad-at-198083/
youtu.be/h0JvF9vpqx8
youtube.com/watch?v=jyJU2136ym4
youtu.be/GjwRIjrC4io
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wasn't even born back then

Fuck off Damon

zoom zoom

Who?

>I just wanted to watch Daria.

Attached: 1417449587301.jpg (479x464, 45K)

Oasis fans are moreso

That one time Eminem made fun of this faggot on TRL

link senpai

this

mtv playing music... now that takes me back *sips*

same location where they filmed Full Metal Jacket

>I just wanted to watch Daria

Attached: YAS.gif (413x243, 51K)

>TRL

The only thing I remember from MTV in '97 is that Prodigy video that gave me nightmares and that black dude with his song about saying goodbye

Oh, and I saw the Engel video of Rammstein that year I think, that shit really confused me as a child

>Eminem
"Eminem is a penis. He's just titillation for the middle classes. He's neither funny nor shocking nor outrageous. He's a ponce who dyes his hair out of a bottle. He wouldn't last two minutes in Moss Side. Coupled with that, he's a fucking yank. And he wears shit clothes." - Chad Gallagher

OP is a massive faggot, this is a great song.

found this

rollingstone.com/music/music-news/looking-back-in-anger-101-things-noel-gallagher-has-been-mad-at-198083/

For me? It's The Head

Attached: thehead.jpg (297x445, 38K)

Oasis is like The Stone Roses except not good.

Why is it impossible to find this video now? It use to be on YouTube

god I hated daria. i don't know how someone who claims to be so wise, who feels so superior to everybody else, who spends all her time thinking about herself has no ability to put things in perspective and see that all she actually does is try to be scathingly witty by insulting literally everything

The point of the show was that she was a stupid teenager. You weren’t suppose to think she was right

Hey what's the music video I used to see on there where the Mad Hatter and similar characters are cutting up Alice like a birthday cake? I've been trying to find it for years

Attached: 4E7A9773D9554643A22DB4B75CBA49CD.jpg (688x919, 185K)

Take your sleeping pills grandpa, the whole bottle preferably.

>it's SUPPOSED to be annoying!
i want my comedy cartoons to be funny or entertaining

youtu.be/h0JvF9vpqx8

the older i get the more based i find tom petty

Unironically reddit

>escape shitty council estate life by joining a rock band
>accidentally write 2 perfect albums and become the biggest band of the 90s
>spend all your royalty money on cocaine
>literally use every media appearance as an excuse to slag off pretentious fucks
>burn out hard by 1997 but continue to ride the residual fame for 20 years
>media types and zoomers hate him to this day
How is it possible for one man to be so based?

Attached: landscape-original-noel-gallagher-december-esquire-43-jpg-292eb7db.jpg (759x500, 45K)

Awesome. Thanks bro

>He wouldn't last two minutes in Moss Side.
It's cute when euromoors thing their little village is dangerous compared to the US' nig filled hellholes

You Don't Know How It Feels, now THAT was a song

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

>“The thing that gets me is, people will say that [Blur’s] the Beatles and we’re the Stones. The fact of the matter is, we’re the Beatles and the Stones, and they’re the fucking Monkees.”

this guy sounds like a mad little pussy

Back when MTV shilled these guys as the next big thing. Embarassing really...

>mad little pussy
99% of eminem's songs are just him bitching about his pillhead mother

But they 'were fuckin' avin' it!, they fuckin' ad it an awl!' which means they got rich too quick and took all of the cocaine.

Never bothered to re-dress.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 18.34.14.png (1271x610, 531K)

That video is kino though.

Only because of guns. Americans are fags without them.

>Daria

Attached: ehaugehurh.jpg (600x300, 20K)

Based.

Watch rick and morty instead then faggot

>oasis: two good albums and a good compilation album
>the stone roses: one good album

Can’t find it anywhere

>the stone roses: one good album

That's still a success rate of 50%

youtube.com/watch?v=jyJU2136ym4

CHEER UP SUUUUUN SHEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIEEEEEEEN-UH

Tooshay.

>post pic and comment without revealing source

kys desu

>> tension mounted between the Gallaghers when Liam backed out of Oasis's MTV Unplugged set minutes before it was due to start. Noel was forced to fill in at the last minute. Liam said that he had been struck down with a "sore throat" and that he does not like performing acoustically, though Noel has claimed he was hungover.[101] Noel was further angered when Liam proceeded to heckle him from the balcony while the band performed.

The Gallaghers have always been able to chat shit with the best of them. Liam called George Harrison "a fucking nipple"

The Gallaghers are the most overrated musicians in the history of music. Completely boring and unremarkable, worshipped by people who don't know the first thing about music.

That's literally the appeal. It's simple, unpretentious poprock for lowerclass northerners. It's authentic and working class.

I know, and it drives me up the fucking wall.

>it's a brits overate oasis' relevance and quality thread

Attached: 1548766989122.jpg (1224x1505, 234K)

I didn't even say they were quality or "good" I'm just stating a fact.

I'm OP and I'm American. I certainly don't think they were remotely good at all outside 1 or 2 songs.

youtu.be/GjwRIjrC4io

here ya go zoomer

doesn't mean it's worth lavish critical appeal, though. nothing wrong with doing what gets you fans and makes you and them happy, but at the same time real leaps in music come from doing something completely unexpected or new. "wot if beatles were in the 90s?" is not exactly a leap forward

Oasis fucking sucked

>oasis: two good albums and a good compilation album
No

Pure kino

Attached: The_Maxx.jpg (478x500, 43K)

My brother used to love Oasis and he claimed that Noel thought it was hilarious when Liam pronounced "sunshine" like a retard and would intentionally pepper it into songs as much as possible

My brother used to love Oasis and he claimed that Noel thought it was hilarious when Liam pronounced "sunshine" like a retard and would intentionally pepper it into songs as much as possible

Ah fuck I'm a dumbass

>tfw born in 92 but never had Burger channels so missed out on Liquid Television, Amp, Beavis & Butthead, Daria and all the other mainstays

Attached: 1368322573976.jpg (294x256, 22K)

Blur and Pulp were both far superior to Oashit.

Never heard of Pulp. Blur did Woo Hoo right?

sad

Absolutely convinced that anyone who hates Oasis has severe autism and can only look at things objectively.

Liam and Noel would have been god tier critics. Absolute shredding banter.