D&D cancel Comic-Con appearance

>The men primarily responsible for Game of Thrones won’t be attending San Diego Comic-Con after all. David Benioff and DB Weiss have pulled out of the show just two days before they were scheduled to appear in front of a crowd of thousands.

OH NONONONONONONONO

Attached: 24323424.jpg (889x701, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C2KeEUhmwbg
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-last-script-the-lion-and-the-rose
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're not trying to get lynched bro kek.

Yasss, we did it r/freefolk!!!!

aka they're not trying to take responsibility

Eventually they WILL need to attend comic con for their star wars trilogy. And people have long memories, especially after this type of stunt.

Would you walk into your own execution?

I really wanted to see them duke it out with autists in the audience.

What's even the point of this panel now? None of the major cast members are going to be there and nobody cares about what Grey Worm had to say.

they're a bunch of fat fucking nerds they're not executing anyone.

Why don't people give this fat hack more shit? Bitter old man only gives his self-insert a happy romantic ending.

Attached: 1561315428953.png (549x398, 327K)

i hope the crowd gets rowdy and starts an anti writer chant

nobody cares about the books lol

>and now we're going to go into the QA section of the panel, please lineup at the microphone over there
>uhm, hi, my name is josh, nottoday on /r/freefolk, i have a question for D&D-
>sorry, we should have said this before, no questions that are specifically for David and Dan, you have to address the whole panel...
>suddenly the QA line is empty
>...no more questions then? alright, thanks for coming everyone

Attached: ImpureChillyCusimanse-size_restricted.gif (384x250, 3.2M)

It's a fucking TV show

Fucker’s going to eat himself to death any day now, it’s just not worth the effort of being annoyed with him anymore.

This. Reddit is fucking insane. What do they want, a fucking firing squad execution in front of the crowd?

Why would they go to CC when the show is finished?

Victory lap, but that doesn't work when you finish last

sure why not

Normally to bask in the glow of fan appreciation, but they might have realized there isn’t going to be any of that.

I don’t watch or read GoT but from what I understand, simply not dying seems like a happy ending in GoT. Also the crippled kid becomes king, that seems like a happy end. Why is shipping so important for you?

t. wh*te male who is probably not even gay.

Attached: game of thrones sjw twitter.png (888x835, 181K)

Not for the fans. It's their fucking life.

So you don't know what you are talking about, but you think your opinion is worth voicing?

Yea Forums in one sentence

BASED DandD!

So why haven't they been fired from the star wars project? That one director got sacked because of a shit project, the sins of these faggots is far worse than making the Book of Henry.

They didn’t care about the show when they were writing for it, why should they care when it’s over?

>Hasn't put out a book for 8 years
Hack

Disney let Rian Johnson jettison their own mainline Star Wars series. They will keep D&D around because they are popular.

>popular

Not any more

>we won't get another red shirt kino moment
youtube.com/watch?v=C2KeEUhmwbg

>Popular
Kek have you seen the trailer views for Rise of Skywalker

This guy single handedly killed blizzard

Absolutely based

I don't get it

They fucked up the ending of GoT so bad even the shit eating normies hated it

what's this white woman complaining about? is someone gonna tell her that she's a member of the most privileged and pampered demographic in the western world?

>or Bernie supporters
Is Bernie out of brownie points all the sudden? Do shitlibs dislike him now?

White women have convinced themselves that they are oppressed

He ran against Hillary (PBUH)

By skipping about 2 seasons worth of character development so they could get out of the HBO deal and sign with Disney.

this

Bernie flopped in 2016 the minute he decided to KEK himself to Hillary despite practically having the DNC by the balls as far as popular support after the WikiLeaks leaks. The 2020 election has basically every democratic candidate being forced to promise to give litterally everything for free, so Bernie is redundant.

Holy fucking kek what the hell

Attached: 1555855382565.png (960x960, 812K)

I don’t blame them.
women and soiboys are PISSED.

Attached: 98D7DDA0-6DFA-4DD1-B848-7B5C84C48C47.jpg (1500x845, 412K)

And? DnD are the beta bitches that can't handle some criticism they know they'll receive in the Q&A

>two days before event change their mind
I assume people will be getting their money back?

Almost everybody is pissed. What are you trying to qualify? Do you want to be a contrarian faggot?

Attached: Bravo Dabbid 02.jpg (800x448, 167K)

It'd be nice if they weren't rewarded for failure (Star Wars). Maybe the famous millionaires could even retire in disgrace, poor bastards

>no questions will be answered because of spergs
Thanks again incels, geez is there something you guys WON'T ruin?

Questions about what? Do you hone believe that D&D have any depth or meaning?

>It'd be nice if they weren't rewarded for failure (Star Wars)
I actually want to see what they come up with and whether or not they can top johnson's absurdity. At least we get to shitpost about it when it inevitable fails

I do. Just because the ending wasn't what we wanted doesn't mean they didn't have any sort of vision. Freaking out and writing petitions because your favorite character didn't win on a television show is childish and pathetic.

Imagine being this much of a deluded soiboy.

Imagine crying for months because your waifu got stabbed.

>ThEmeS ArE FoR EiGHt GrADe BoOK RePOrtS
kys nigger, they are creatively bankrupt retards that are unable to write for themselves after they ran out/discarded the source material. Their vision for the series was to wrap it up asap so they can get their star wars money.

he’s put out several books in that time.
just not the only one that actually matters.
Fire & Blood is pretty good though, I’m like 2/3 done with it.

>It’s media so why u mad XD

This is the single most brainlet response to criticism and even if this is a bait post it makes me seeth. This is up there with the “We worked hard on it” brainlet response from people that don’t see shit through the eyes of the consumer. Also people payed to watch this shit so you kinda owe it to people to be consistent.

Attached: F9922970-9E66-4C71-A2E9-34B213982BF6.png (1228x1150, 230K)

You don't understand these guys, they're like always sunny characters in real life. Theyre trolling their fans and hate George, they already got the star wars money so they don't care

I PLAY POT OF SNEED

imagine defending people who wrote pic related

Attached: nani.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

>How does everyone feel about the fact that two twats prioritized their promotion to Disney over thousands of people hard work and their 8 year journey to come together for once in a life time experience?
>stare blankly at the panel

It sounds like your expectations were subverted. By your own admission you have said that season 8 accomplished its intended goal. You are just mad because it makes you uncomfortable when things do not go the way they are "supposed to". This is a clear sign that you and a majority of the GoT fandom have severe autism.

>You're no con.
>Oh, but I am. And I fucked D&D...

That documentary they released is so depressing when you see all those crew members who worked themselves half to death over what is possibly the worst 80 minutes of TV ever

Why does everyone hate these guys so much? GoT was good and it ended fine. Dany or Jon winning in the end would have been boring and predictable.

What specifically was wrong with the ending? They didn't resolve a few subplots for inconsequential characters? There was only 6 episodes instead of 10 in the last season so you think it was rushed? Who gives a fuck?

Attached: 1503530682670.gif (200x299, 2.58M)

Not OP, but the show sucked ass a long time ago. Glad to see normies lose their shit over a fantasy cosplay series, they deserve it.

It was HER turn!

why would we want happy endings?

>Why don't people give this fat hack more shit?
Because he has nothing to do with the ending of the show. That was all the fault of D&D. The books will have a completely different ending. For example Rickon will end up king of the north and arya is going to die and warg into her direwolf

The chad's made their money, and promptly told the nerds to fuck off

>GoT was good and it ended fine

Hilariously, the showfags are mad that Bran's PoV WASN'T pointless.

fuck reddit
Benioff is an absolute chad and without them the show would not exist. If ASOIAF was adapted by someone else Jon Snow would probably be cast as a nigger etc

bloodmoon will prove me right

>What specifically was wrong with the ending?
It was boring and predictable.

I don't hate them, but the show has been shit for years, it's shlock. Glad everyone hates it now at least

>Who gives a fuck?
Obviously everyone, retard. What the fuck? Can't they hire a shill with a brain or something?

They're the reason it's been shit for years you absolute mong

I still can't get over the fact how literally everything in that show is made by top of the industry professionals except for the writing. That is fucking upsetting to say the least. The writing is the glue that holds all of the other people's talents together and brings a story to life. No amount of sex is going to help here, I need to draw blood.

it's reddit
they unironically think seasons 5-7 were great but just hate season 8 because that's the popular thing to do.

Everybody hates season 8, you actual retard. No amount of demonizing Reddit will change the fact that season 8 was garbage.

>its not us its the reddit
Would you shut the fuck up? /got/ generals are STILL active to this day. What the fuck are you talking about?

I know but I can't hate them cause they're just dumb and the show is shit, I hate George for not stopping them and not finishing the books cause he's lazy

there's something vaguely unsettling about the way the guy on the left looks

>well they're horrible writers but at least they're white

Attached: 1529076692836.jpg (768x768, 28K)

>Everybody hates season 8, you actual retard
thats literally what I said.
It's pretty telling that you're all only bitching now despite the show having a huge objective quality decline s5 and on

>/got/ generals are still active to this day

uhhhh

How would you have ended GoT to make it kino?

Attached: 1519691014587.jpg (966x913, 582K)

What thread do you think we're posting in?

I didn’t need my favorite to win. I would have been fine with NK or Sersay winning with a bunch of hero deaths. What we got was a shit show.

>It's pretty telling that you're all only bitching now
People on Yea Forums have been bitching about show quality for years. Try again, newfag.

end it after season 4 episode 2 last good episode they ever did.

>I would have been fine with
You are entitlement personified.

Night king kill everyone

Was all I wanted

go back
>wah muh dragun show didn't have a cool enough ending
maybe you should kill yourself over it

Attached: D&D.png (792x437, 762K)

Not an argument, Mr. Contrarian. Try again.

What did you fags say to make this shill so desperate?

Contrarians are fun when they're smart. I am not having fun, user.

Ending was fine. The road there feels like a fever dream with literally no meaningful dialogue. Keep the end points, build a road that we can traverse on without feeling like we're going through the last stages of ebola.

>Ending was fine.
The ending was garbage.

Because it made no fucking sense. If you connect the dots correctly the characters can end how they ended and it will be a good ending.

>Mastodon T-shirt

Pretty based tbqh

Attached: 1556912006278.jpg (231x281, 20K)

>“The internet affects all this to a degree it was never affected before,” Martin tells EW when asked about fan reaction to the final season. “Like Jon Snow’s parentage. There were early hints about [who Snow’s parents were] in the books, but only one reader in 100 put it together. And before the internet that was fine — for 99 readers out of 100 when Jon Snow’s parentage gets revealed it would be, ‘Oh, that’s a great twist!’ But in the age of the internet, even if only one person in 100 figures it out then that one person posts it online and the other 99 idiots read it and go, ‘Oh, that makes sense.’ Suddenly the twist you’re building towards is out there. And there is a temptation to then change it [in the upcoming books] — ‘Oh my god, it’s screwed up, I have to come up with something different, absolute morons have discovered my twist’ But that’s wrong. Because you’ve been planning for a certain ending and if you suddenly change direction just because some f***-head figured it out, or because they don’t like it, then it screws up the whole structure. So no, I don’t read the fan sites. I want to write the book I’ve always intended to write all along. And when it comes out they can like it or they can not like it.”

what the fuck is his problem?

Attached: ew.com-tv-201918836ENG.png (731x521, 621K)

There's no connecting the dots to make a preteen tree wizard King. The ending is garbage and GRRM is a hack.

The show ending is a political argument that is incorrect

I don't even understand the sentence.
Right, you don't see the road therefor the road doesn't exist.

Being right?

George can be savage sometimes, he's been suspended off twitter like twice now

Attached: Martin.png (585x445, 54K)

It's like Game of Thrones was series about failures and not about happy endings. But what do I know. Most of these didn't start watch this series from the start.

You retard thats the correct perspective.

What is your argument for a preteen tree wizard being elected King? When there is another Targaryen (bastard or not) in Jon? When Gendry exists? When Edric Storm exists?

You could theoretically take the bullet points of the ending and turn it into a good story but no amount of redoing the middle would fix the ending as it was filmed.

Good stories can't be ruined by spoilers. That's storytelling 101.

That's a destiny tweet

>write a horrible, rushed, nonsensical, completely unsatisfying ending to an eight year long story
>y-y-you just didn't like it because your favourite didn't win

I wouldn't even mind if bran warged drogon at the end and it was made clear he was going to be a supreme ruler. But apparently the show ends defending the status quo when the status quo has been the problem the whole show

Having Bran become King without any use of his powers at all in the last 2 seasons was TV malpractice. HBO knows they fucked up, too. I suspect that the rewatch/merch/blu-ray sales are totally flat

He has a good story.
I don't see the road either, that's why I am not writing books. I am simply not so self-involved to think that i know everything and that i can think of everything. Are you?
I agree. Really hopping the book pans out. Come on GRRM you fat cunt, don't disappoint.
Sounds like your expectations were subverted.

He does a consistent story with foreshadowed twists and doesn’t panic rewrite just because some fag on the internet guessed the twist. Much better than the DnD or RJ idea that it’s fine as long as no one expected it.

GRRM’s problem as a writer is he’s lazy and easily sidetracked. His stuff on writing twists is spot on.

>you'll never walk again, but you will fly
>... but just in like ravens and crows and shit
>not dragons
>i hope i didn't get your hopes up there bran
>you will do absolutely nothing interesting with your powers ever again actually
His plotline died in that tree, didn't it?

HBO was guilty of doing shit like forcing Bronn down our throats. The rushed ending is pure D&D.

And you’re an aids ridden fag.

>He has a good story.
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? People will die defending Bran's "good story"?

I don't know everything, but I do know that GRRM is a hack.

That was a joke, my assblasted friend.
>I don't know everything, but I do know that GRRM is a hack.
Self-awareness can be hard sometimes. You'll figure it out.

He's literally a white cis male.

But he's apologised for that on several occasions.

Ned did.

Not an argument. Try again.

>His plotline died in that tree, didn't it?
It died when Jamie flung that little nigger out the windowTBQH
>start reading the book
>have skipped every Brann chapter
fuck this character

Attached: 1561384884534.jpg (289x174, 9K)

I don't give a fuck about you to try again. What do you think this is? A joke flew over your head so instead of accepting that reality you demand a redo? What the fuck is that?

>He has a good story
>bookfags pretty consistently say he’s among the most boring POVs and his chapters are a slog
Kek

They want to move on. Why are you surprised?

Your joke wasn't funny, and now your deflecting instead of defending the shit ending that you like.

Bran warging Drogon would have been fine. There were a million ways to do a Dany-goes-Hitler/King Bran ending correctly. But the writing and production team ran out of gas a couple of years ago.

Wrong, they want to avoid an incident that will underline the fact that they drove the show into a ditch. It will be named alongside Lost and Dexter as shows ruined by a poorly-written finale (until it is inevitably remade by Warner)

>Your joke wasn't funny
YOU MISSED THE JOKE.You don't even get to say if it was funny when you didn't get it. That's not how anything works, holy fuck.
>and now your deflecting
Now I am telling you I don't care about you to play by the rules you set.
>defending the shit ending that you like.
That was never the argument. I said the ending points were and I quote here "fine". A statement to which you replied "show me how" and I said "I don't know how, I don't everything". There is nothing to defend, you're just mad because you projected a bunch of shit. Do you understand now?
Of course not, you're going to spin your autism because you're "trolling". So this will be the last time I respond to you.
Bye.

>ran out of gas a couple of years ago.
It’s also a problem of them choosing to focus Dany being yaaas slay queen and dropping the less glowing parts of her. Show Dany was like them trying to desperately drag her back onto the book tracks with only a couple episodes left.

>YOU ALL DON'T UNDERSTAND MY HIGH IQ HUMOR
holy fucking yikescope

Attached: 1561157013429.jpg (428x428, 41K)

The only good things about Bran, outside of his connection to The Night King, were his flashbacks. But he stopped having them, too.

Your joke sucked and you're a fag.

Bitch, you have no argument. I didn't miss your joke. You referenced a bad line from the show and that counts as humor?

You said the ending was fine. How is the ending fine?

That would imply people going there being negative. But i'm not sure that's the kind of people that would go there.

Okay, but at least you saw the joke, right? It's a pretty common meme. How the fuck does someone hear something that's been beat to death as shit writing and go "Yeah, I think this is pretty serious position." Come on guys, this is ridiculous.

Stop crying.

I'm a man of honor, so if I deserved it, I would

Who the fuck is crying?

Comic and Anime cons are the perfect opportunity to get laid. Just look up whatever BS is popular with chicks this year and dress up, the women will come to you.

I said stop.

Sure, but you didn't say who was crying.

Your joke wasn't funny. I asked you to defend your shit position, and you went to a shit joke. Do you honestly believe, in your fucking brain, that I never came across that "joke" before?

You think the ending is fine. Defend your position or shut up. Stop deflecting.

Your mom for not aborting you.

As a human woman-repellent this idea intrigues me. Although it worries me that it's coming from a site full of hapless virgins.

Is it the emergence of social media or is it a result of the vast majority of mental asylums being closed during the 90s which leads to all of these mentally ill people voicing their opinions?

Attached: 1558418849457.png (512x695, 586K)

didn't even read your dumb joke and i dont want to
doesn't even deserve a (you)

That's not fair. The republicans would have stoned her to death the next day.

This is some Hillary on Election Night shit

SEND THEM BACK SEND THEM BACK

Dany shouldve never been Hitler, she should've been reign of terror, establishes her as an actual antagonist to the main characters as the fire threat, they're all nobility and it fits her character better. Cersei blowing up the Sept was perfect opportunity right when she landed. But we got a stupid twist instead that was anticlimactic just like the night king

kek

Say that to the fat otaku who murdered half of Kyoto Animation today.

based retard

That would require the audience to have a historical knowledge that encompasses more than the broad strokes of the European theatre of WW2.

user forgot to mention that it only works if you're at LEAST a 7/10

Based D&D making Danycucks SEETHE
reminder that the dragon whore deserved to die

Attached: QS_18b4cac707b9482db42edb3225220aab.png (318x500, 197K)

God damn it literally just happened. Why tho? Who? I need to know more. Which anime adaptation did they fuck up?

Both.

feels like even talking about GoT/ASOIAF has become a sign of bad taste. this series is cursed.

Some autistic train otaku got butt mad that a character from Hibike Euphonium did a cover of a train song, and there were Kyoani advertisements all over his favorite train.
He purged Kyoani with fire.

blame reddit for that, georgie boy

Wow that is so incredibly fucking stupid. Otakus are the scum of the earth literally burning the hand that feeds them. Just the entitlement behind this action allow blows my fucking mind. Thanks for the info user.

>his favorite train
Japan was a mistake

Attached: 1496451679657s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

If the whole premise of your book is based on muh twist and the whole thing can be ruined by people figuring it out, then it's a really shitty book

>unironically naming your series '''bloodmoon'''
what the fuck are they thinking? sounds like some dumb shit about werewolf's made for teenage girls.
What will the story even be about? none of the houses exist and the Valyrians are busy fucking goats

Attached: bloodmoon.png (874x513, 287K)

Japan has the highest rates of autism of any country in the world. Explains a lot about them really.

>What will the story even be about?
It will follow a journey of two farmers and one angry janitor

Attached: 1561410148592.jpg (594x590, 64K)

I can’t help being a contrarian, it’s just the way my brain works.
I actually did like the ending but I think it was extremely rushed. they should’ve fleshed that whole last season into two seasons so that it all made sense.
I get that a lot of women took the Mad Queen personally but it makes sense with her family’s history (read Fire & Blood) and it was a way more interesting ending than her on the throne, it strangely endeared her to me.
I don’t love Bran on the throne but I don’t want to lynch D&D or GRRM for it. they could have set it up better. the scene where they decided on him being king was a bit silly for no reason other than fan service.
I liked Bronn and Sam on the small council and Brienne as Kingsguard, but admittedly that’s mostly because I liked all 3 of those characters in the books and show.

Don't forget the obsessed bartender

also I wish Varys made it, he was one my favorites. I would’ve preferred Tyrion on the throne, but I’m fine with where he ended up.

So your opinion is worthless.

didn’t Arya save the day too?
sure she’s white but she’s not male.

I loved that she did it but I hate that she died

Attached: D6bSMU9UcAAplOq.jpg (1200x831, 64K)

Libs don't like socialists because of american propaganda still, also women felt that he threatened hillary's chances because of "berniebros". White young men who wanted him over hillary.

>arya dies and wargs into her wolf
>the gendry sex scene still happens as planned

Basically it’s a race to see which Stark kid crosses all three warging abominations off their list first

what a cliche hollywood moment

Aaa

I never liked the show much after the 4th season. I’ve finally gotten around to reading the books and now I know why, they completely fucking diverged from the crazy shit GRRM started writing in for book 5, these books are so much better than the garbage after s4 it’s not even funny. In the show they purposefully kept Brienne, Pod, the Hound, Bronn and Beric WAYYY long after they should’ve been dead or pretty much forgotten like they are in the books and D&D completely omitted some extremely important plot lines like prince of dorne going to the free cities, lady stone heart, fucking fAegon appearing out of nowhere, all of the ironborn shit, all Eurons crazy dark magic..... fuck d&d and fuck the retards that hate on the show without even glimpsing at the books

Maybe, but it fit.

they always eventually do unless he sucks a tranny pseudo-clit in public

D&D didn't read past 3rd book

books were always shit too

If that’s true, it really really does show. Even important main characters like Jon, Tyrion, Stannis and Varys are dumbed down and mischaracterized I’m the show. Book Jon would never be as retarded as s8 show Jon, also Stannis tells Jon about all the Dragonglass on dragonstone in like the 3rd fucking book. Varys and Tyrion act like fucking bffs in the show even tho in the books their relationship is tenuous at best, everybody is constantly suspicious of everyone else fucking them over. Fuck d&d

WHERE THE FUCK WAS DARKSTAR REEEEEEEEEEEE

I think they’re great. Out of curiosity, what reasons do you have to dislike them?

Ya they fucked up literally every plotline having to do with Dorne except for Oberyn getting killed

reminder that season 8 finale was nominated for best writing Emmy and it will probably win it

>tfw Yea Forums forgot about emmy nominations this year

Attached: 1563432677587.png (476x357, 341K)

This is why Daddy George never read fan theories btw

Attached: smug.png (604x531, 562K)

someone please post the gif of him naked and bouncing

*was
lmao

>season 8 got 9 acting, 2 directing and 1 writing nomination + 22 other nominations resulting in a record number of nominations ever

>The books will have a completely different ending
>The books will have an ending
user...

He is correct about not changing the story, he is wrong about how knowing the twist ruins the story. What is important is how the twist impacts the characters and the world, not the shocked reaction of the audience.

They're not great by any means but calling them shit is a stretch

>Thousands of mothers name their newborn daughters Daenerys or Khaleesi
>D&D single-handledly ruin their lives within the span of twp episodes

BRAVO DABID!

Attached: dabid.png (400x404, 122K)

Why not keep the name, it's a cool name

Its odd that his work has the most abundant amount of theories in any story

Dany burned a rape victim to death for getting back at the man who slaughtered her village in season one. They should have seen it coming.

lmao that was no otaku, that was a straight up weeb. gas yourself trying to guise your agenda

Yeah but it will be a star wars so at worst they'll have to put up with 20 fanboys who won't even be listening, just waddling in their seats waving their lightsabers around.

>my greatest LOVE left me but then I immeidately fell in LOVE with someone else but both of them LOVED other people

This fat hack doesn't know the difference between love/lust.

They can't. They literally stole the show from him. George was always working with the showrunners, up until Season 4 wherein an incident or disagreement happened and their relationship got fucked. It really shows too because the quality dip in writing was VERY obvious in season 5 and onwards.

First the latter, then the former

niggas don't know about crazy bitches maybe they should watch more anime

because they'd get lynched

DnD apologist do blame the fatman for any criticism on the writing, which is totally unjustified btw and who the fuck even are you to have the gall to want anything better

That incident happened because George still thought they wouldn't be cutting entire plot lines and fast forwarding the last two books.
When he wrote the script for S04E02 (Joffrey's wedding) he laid the groundwork for future seasons with Bran's visions, the Stark's connection with their wolves among many other things, but D&D were already set on strongly cutting back the more fantastical elements and toning down or skipping huge chunks of the plot.
Once they had that meeting and he was told they were really going through with the cuts to wrap things up asap he gave up on the show.

What did the brainlet try to convey with this reply

They will be replaced by these fine creative geniuses!

Attached: Talent!.png (649x374, 434K)

Will they do it again when they ruin Star Wars?

huh i dont remember this

Did you watch season one? That plot ultimately led to Drogo's death.

Back when the series had grey morality and consequences

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah, its been awhile, I havent watched since it came out

The typical

>"Holy shit this show is so good the plot writing is so good!"
>It gets bad
>"Bro why do you even care why would you criticize it its just a tv show haha just turn your brain off why do you even care"

Star Wars is already a shit show. Can't imagine them doing worse than the status quo. It'd be funny, but unlikely.

Considering they haven't made any good anime since K-On!, they definitely deserved it.

The minute they showed her almost climaticlly enjoying her brothers horrific death I knew the Endgame was going to involve her going full crazy train.
Sadly we barely got just a taste of crazy Dany

Creators need to be held to task for bad writing. Letting bad writers who ruin shows and movies still have careers is the reason why the industry is shit.

Everyone knew since ep1 because of the leaks, but people were in denial until the very last minute, it was so retarded people believed they filmed multiple endings, invented crazy theories how night king is coming back, how the last scene after credits shows dany is alive and jon faked her death and that is the ONLY scene which didn't leak because they filmed it in secret etc etc shit was fucking surreal.

Agree

Fuck all you cunts, this series will stand the test of time.

This isn’t true, but in interviews they did not bother to hide their disdain for 4 & 5. It created a pretty nasty rift between them and GRRM

Yes, alongside Lost and Dexter as good shows ruined by a failure to stick the landing

I don't even know why people wanted dumbshits as Dany or Jon enthroned. They would be eaten alive and spat out once the court returns to normal.

Attached: M3R2Vsd.jpg (1407x2500, 514K)

Asoiaf will never be finished anyway why talk about it

The ending was great to some, seemingly shit to most. The ending doesn't mean much now, its built for the future.
The series is epic from beginning to end.

yet another reddit thread
you losers need to get over your dumb zombie flick

What about when stannis the man who lived through a year long seige without breaking burned his daughter alive in a snowstorm to win one battle when he had ships back at the wall

>singlehandily save targshitters family from the frying pan and stabilized their dynasty FOUR TIMES
>gets banished to the Wall for all his service

They had it coming. He set them against each other and banished the last targ to the wall.

People typically never speak fondly of shows that were once kino and then turned to abysmal garbage in a very quick and sudden manner because you’re dealing with shows that ran for years and had millions of viewers invested deeply on an emotional level. When a show suddenly decides to turn bad, it does in fact (no matter what shills try to say) speak volumes on the character of its writers and how truly they cared about the long term success of their show and it’s relationship with the aforementioned, emotionally invested fan base. It’s simply not a good look no matter how you try to spin it.

This is why there is an unspoken obligation that show runners and writers have to be in tune with their fans and not see them as some easily disposable, red light district clients.
There are so many examples of shows that were prematurely canceled but have greater impact and more cult-like fan bases. Rome is still actively talked about and is remembered fondly despite being prematurely canceled. I’d say Rome is far more relevant than Dexter even though Dexter “finished” its story.
No one talks about Dexter anymore because the finale sucked. It’s pretty simple.

The only reason why Stannis was derailed so much was for the cancerous dany/jon plot. Stannis gave the dragonglass in the books, Dany is utterly useless without her pets.

>Series is epic from beginning to end
>cancerous plot
the show sucks s5 onwards

this honestly, seething redditors were always going to turn on the show if it tried anything other than a full capeshit ending

>a certain percentage of people were going to dislike it anyways so let’s not even bother trying lmao

Spotted the mindless, cuckold consumer.

>not universally loved
>eh, I'll skip it

Cowards

I agree with you on pretty much all your points. The problem was that it was all rushed to the extreme. Season 8 should've ended with the destruction of King's Landing. Season 9 should've wrapped everything up, built on the Mad Queen some more with more insanity and barbarity, and Jon plotting/finding a more intricate way to assassinate her, because him killing her in private the way they did it felt rushed and unrealistic. Absolutely keep Drogon getting her body and flying off.

Attached: 1557733409897.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

Yes, I agree, I mean they needed Stannis gone to shoehorned Dany in his role doing things HE did. It went to shit I think the moment Catelyn didn't raise as hot zombie Punisher, because it started to fuck up the Starks and gave Arya her arc.

People do shitty things for the worst possible reasons. Yes its unforgivable what he did.

You'll see this show will become a perennial.
The fact is good stories can be tragedies. Shakepeare blah blah, and we can have a good tragic story in our time. And what a show the players have put on for us.

I saw that live, user. Took me a while to understand that was really happening.
One of those kino real life moments.

HBO knew that there was no way they could have given a satisfying or even halfway decent finale unless they got an additional 3-4 seasons.
D&D turned down the offer for more seasons because they wanted to work on Star Wars. Not even fucking kidding.

>posts on film and television board
>show is dogshit and showrunners complete hacks
>lmaoooo its just like a show man
massive retard detected
kys shill

According to the documentary they just stuck to the original episode limit.

>the other 99 idiots

Call 99% of your fanbase idiots can't be a sound business model, right?

>y-you didn't get your f-feelings hurt by the ending of a mediocre fantasy series so y-your just a mindless consumer!
cry more redditranny

>le subverted expectations are so good man you just didnt like it cause your favourite didnt win
brainlet tier defense most just wanted quality but thats too much to ask nowadays

I hope they completely fuck up Star Wars even more than it already has been

You got quality but you're too butthurt to see it. Have sex.

>Seriously comparing this shit to Shakespeare
What the fuck

it's true though, you're STILL mad as fuck because you got tricked into rooting for Dany
That's the root of 95% of all backlash, the embarrassing realization that you are all a bunch of mouthbreathing retards to dumb to follow a fantasy show properly

>FDR has to hide his handicap or lose confidence
>Willas is heir to the reach but a fucked up leg and still isn't betrothed meanwhile Garlan is wed, Margaery is twice wed, Loras had Renly
>medieval times are so progressive they elect a cripple most have never heard of, seen, met, who has no money, army, charisma, plan, the right gods, a working cock, age of majority, as king
George can go fuck himself

I wrote it, I meant it.
Its not a mortal sin to compare something to Shakespeare.

proofs?

I didn't really start to root for her until episode 5, the show could've had a good ending but nah Disney ending crap with a political solution that's retarded

>It's cold up here for a southern girl
>So keep your Queen warm
Absolute poetry

> a political solution that's retarded
Just like many of the retarded resolutions in Shakepeare, see: Merchant of Venice, but the material is still brilliant.

Attached: danywarm.png (1661x1073, 3.03M)

So it's even more D&D's fault than previously thought.

I guess I can understand not wanting one show to consume your life until you're grey and drained of your creative spark. Especially when you hit it big and got all these sweet offers coming in for your dream jobs. But boy did they ever fumble the gamble that they could cut things quick to get away.

Pick any speech from the midget.

Damage control obviously. Why would the original episode count include a delayed final two seasons with an inconsistent number of episodes?

So if was a nigger doing it or a paki shed be ok with it?

Kill yourself.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-last-script-the-lion-and-the-rose

Game of thrones and asoiaf literally sell themselves on realism, historical politics, what makes a good ruler, all that shit, that's the difference.

Turbo jews scared of being around goyim scum

Dunno.
You're just sore because its over.

even in the books dany's story is convoluted mess and it's not yet clear what martin wants to do with her, everyone always knew mad dany was a possibility but people still hoped for something more... satisfying? unobvious? maybe it's just not really that good of a twist? same shit with white walkers/others, everyone thinks that they are part of something bigger but lol no they are just ice zombies and not even final boss lmao

YESSS WE DID IT REDDIT
F UK YEAH!
FREE FOLK FUCK D&D

>>>/tumblr/

they're called "berniebros" by other libs as an insult that implies they're women-hating chad misogynist socialists, or something. It was invented as a term simply because he was running against Hillary

Well you don't get many historical figures that ride dragons, so as far as realism goes you can't base it on someone real. Perhaps Margaret Thatcher but that's about it.

>First she came for the slavers, and I did not speak out, for I was no slaver

Attached: 400.jpg (400x400, 119K)

Japanese people can't be weebs.

It would be like calling a black person a wigger.

only brainlets dont read this a fact, pig fuck.

They deserve all the hate for what they did to Stannis.

yes but part of the reason why asioaf was sucessful especially in the 90s was because it inserted real medieval politics and attitudes in a fantasy setting. The show season 5+ traded the medieval attitudes in fantasy setting to modern 2010 attitudes in a fantasy setting and as a result lost its uniqueness and quality.

t. Soi and consumerist worship mob

people like this really should be put down. their existence is miserable and they make everyone else around them miserable too. it's the humane thing to do.

Why would you speak out for a worker, if you're not one yourself...

See.

A TV show people have followed for nearly a decade only for it to be rushed because of all the wrong reasons.

>bernie
>white
quite antisemitic of you

Why won't he ever learn bros?

Attached: the knot.jpg (734x766, 89K)

holy desperate shills batman

Things reflect the time in which they are made.
We can't see past democracy just as medieval men could not see past the church.

>Tahoma font

Obviously it has magic and dragons and shit but the dark realism is the selling point it always was, like George shits on lord of the rings and that ending made more sense

what did they mean by this

It's not just the rush, the ending is trash too. Almost 25 years, for that

or its being an actual creative who sets out to make quality entertainment not a politically obsessed hack

No, the show is just bad because of a rushed ending and characters that became the antithesis of their own character last minute to twist to a designated ending at break-neck speeds.

Your need to defend the show at all odds is what makes you worse than the "Hurr durr she deserves it for leading blacks" retards.

Attached: 1484209355605.jpg (492x388, 39K)

What else would D&D promote but a version of what we consider today as a reasonably just system of government. Yes there are glaring faults but its better than before, or so we would like to believe.
And so that's exactly what the story reflects.
What they're going to promote monarchy?
That's not classical considering where we as a species are in the stream of time.

it's fake retard

Shakespeare was full of church, the politics of the day.

except shakespeare not only made quality but also that the ideals he put into his plays were period appropriate and did not clash with his setting.

if you think the only modern day element injected into the show was the elective monarchy at the end you are a massive brainlet

shakespeare was more of a tudor propagandist than being interested in religion you historylet

>except Shakespeare...made quality
We all say today.
There is no question about the popularity of the series. This show will be watched for decades.
What... You've never seen Game of thrones, are you retarded or something?

based

Attached: 1560376671327.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

Got = lost 2.0

Why would you pay for something you knew was progressively getting worse? Everybody knew it, but still they badwagoned on it
The fury is also a bandwagon, and soi / wahmen and other insecure attention seekers are all in on it instead of doing anything reasonable
Not everybody fears judgements from their retards, so don’t assume everyone is as stupid as you literal rebbitors are

>he has no emotions for anything

soulless

Upvoted

1st Democracy is one of many themes and often the biggest gripe
Second there is no question about Christianity just as there is no question about the direction of current world politics. One was bullshit then, one is bullshit now. Both still have value.

You're nitpicking.

we'll see, i think zoomers won't care, they'll have something new, and people who cared were all alienated by this shitty ending

>why yes, I enjoy David and Dan, how could you tell?

Attached: 1560386989233.jpg (640x789, 48K)

See the history of the Eiffel Tower for comparison.

Sometimes life moves faster than we want it to and things do not make perfect sense. If anything D&D improved upon the series by making it more realistic. But that upsets you of course because people like you only consume media as a form of escapism.

Attached: 1346988850787.gif (300x169, 1.35M)

unironically based and redpilled

>no arguement
I accept your concession

seething

This is turning into a lovely evening

Attached: maxresdefault (18).jpg (1280x720, 56K)