Have you ever felt called out by a movie? If so, which?

Have you ever felt called out by a movie? If so, which?

I was watching Parasite and while they were all drunk in the home, the daughter character said something along the line of, “She’s only kind because she can afford to be”

I’m not from a rich family by any means but let’s just say, I never have to worry about not having food on my table. And I’m not a saint but I do donate to charity and help out in fundraising but that sentence really caught me off guard because it really made me wonder- would I still be doing these if I were in a different financial situation or would I be willing to sacrifice some of my morals for survival?

Attached: 1540318309168.jpg (900x900, 54K)

Buffalo 66

not a movie but there was this show I was watching with a scene of a guy being berated by more masculine guys because he was an outsider, and they belittle him for all these non-existent reasons

I felt like it was calling me out because I too have verbally abused city slickers who approach my store

How did you see parasite?

The Passion of the Christ.

The way those Jews berated that poor man really struck a chord with me. I feel we are kindred spirits. Can't remember much about the movie but I remember thinking that I would probably have been like that guy in a past life.

>"It is on a day like this one, a little later, a little earlier, that you discover, without surprise, that something is wrong, that you don't know how to live and that you never will. Something has broken. You no longer feel some thing which until then fortified you. The feeling of your existence, the impression of belonging to or being in the world, is starting to slip away from you. Your past, your present and your future merge into one. You are 25 years old, you have 29 teeth, three shirts and eight socks, 500 francs a month to live on, a few books you no longer read, a few records you no longer play. You don't want to remember anything else. Here you sit, and you only want to wait, just to wait until there's nothing left to wait. You go back to your room, you undress, you slip between the sheets, you turn out the light, you close your eyes. Now is the time when dream-women, too quickly undressed, crowd in around you, the time when you reread ad nauseam books you've a read a thousand times before, when you toss and turn for hours without getting to sleep. This is the hour when your eyes wide open in the darkness, you hand groping towards the foot of the narrow bed in search of an ashtray, matches, a last cigarette, you calmly measure the sticky extent of your unhappiness. Unhappiness did not swoop down on you, it insinuated itself almost ingratiatingly. How many times you have repeated the same amputated gesture, the same journey's that lead nowhere? All you have left to fall back on are your tuppeny-halfpenny boltholes, your idiotic patience, the thousand and one detours that always lead you back unfailingly to your starting point. All that counts is your solitude: whatever you do, wherever you go, nothing that you see has any importance, everything you do, you do in vain, nothing that seek is real. Solitude alone exists, every time you are confronted, every time you face yourself"

Attached: The.Man.Who.Sleeps.1974.APTXAYC.avi_snapshot_00.21.00_.jpg (608x448, 42K)

This scene really got to me.

The way Luke Wilson's character internalized all his pain for so long. The way he despised himself so much that he grew out his hair and constantly wore shades and a headband because he couldn't stand to look at his own face. Then his resolution to kill himself the next day, only for him seeing his face properly for the first time in years immediately causing him to attempt to kill himself right then and there because of how much he hated himself. The way his professional life fell apart due to his inability to form or express himself in important relationships he had with those he cared about.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 11K)

>>/pol/

>>>/reddit/

Poverty doesn't a moral person make. Everyone is willing to sacrifice morals for survival and comfort in that survival, that's literally just being human. You're sacrificing morals to survive right now by not campaigning tirelessly for every issue you have an opinion on, probably not being vegan (neither am I, don't start calling me a fag, please), the job you work definitely has some negative impact on the world, remaining on this hellsite, etc. The point is you're not going to escape subconsciously being a sadist.

Sneed.

When that cunt screams "sort your fucking life out mate" in Shaun Of The Dead, and a few parts of Clerks 2 where Dante shits all over Randall.

In Mid 90s when Stevie laughs at his older brother saying he has no friends and will never get pussy I felt that shit

Cringe

I felt like Inside Llewyn Davis was a slap in my face :(

this is the only thing worth reading itt, sans the meme. simpsons were always shit. also: fag.

Only recently in Perpetual Grace LTD where both of a character's parents had just died and he kept reiterating how they were kind, good people who did their best to raise him well and support him, and that him being a 'bad egg' was in no way their fault.

You lifted this straight from reddit didn’t you?

>everything I don't like is reddit!

When I watched the dark Knight I felt I was called out by the dark twisted character that was the joker
Honestly he's just like me

Attached: Joker-the-joker-9028188-1024-768.jpg (1024x768, 266K)

I visited reddit recently to see what their reaction was to the Bond news. On /r/movies there was a thread titled something like “Have you ever felt called out by a movie?”. I’m guessing OP copy and pasted that post.

Just remember these movies were written and directed by deviants more deranged than you can imagine. Don't take their shit personally.

Oh, in that case, yes, I straight up pasted it from there. I do this all the time when I see a thread I like on r/movies, just copy the exact text and paste it here. Usually nobody even notices.

>would I be willing to sacrifice some of my morals for survival?
Like what? Be on welfare? Work at McDonalds? Being poor in a first world country is easy as fuck, you're not in a slum in Brazil where you need to join a drug cartel or get murdered.

Speak for yourself lol

After being bullied and taunted for keeping to myself for years Ive realized that humans are shitty hypocrites and every kind act they perform is self serving in the sense that they like to feel they are different and unique and a bright sunny light upon the dark desolate world. Truth is their shit doesnt stink any sweeter than anybody elses and every day I pray to the Gods for a fire that will envelop us all. I want to hear people die screaming as their flesh sloughs off theur worthless skins, I want to taste their blood as I hack off their fleshy bits and I want them praying for mercy and realizing they arent as invincible as the money in their banks, the cars in their garages or the whores in their beds make them feel. I curse the Gods for casting me down upon this miserable world and robbing me of the resolve to off myself so that I may exit this plane of existence and rejojn the void whence I came. But who am I besides a lonely bearded man that keeps to himself and doesnt speak for days at end? Maybe one day I will finally find it within me to buy a shotgun with whatever little coin I have left, pay a visit to all those that made my life hell and paint the walss with their brains after Im done raping their kids and wifes. But till then I seethe in silence.

What movie is this one from?

Delet

>Usually nobody even notices.
I suppose that’s a good thing.

Here's why.

Thank you for proving my point with your snide joke, (you) horrible baiting sadist.

I might not be a fag but I'll give you the ol' feed and seed, city slicker.

Clerks.

Anomalisa is the ultimate blackpill and the whole concept that everything unique and special eventually just becomes as boring and mundane as everything else in life and that there's absolutely no escape hit me hard.

>It never got better than that night! That was supposed to be the beginning of my life! All that promise and fucking optimism! That feeling that we could take on the whole universe! It was a big lie! Nothing happened!

Graduated about three years now, I'm starting to see what he meant.

Fuck this movie

Attached: its a lie.gif (245x245, 1.99M)

Your mistake was feeling optimism in the first place.

be vegan, fag.

Cringe

What's the movie where the guy masturbates multiple times in one day and then has no more desire left except the empty instinct to masturbate more and then does it anyway and afterwards his balls hurt?

Duh, cringe? Bringe?

I thought the point of being rich was you didn't have to care about people's feelings anymore?

>suddenly get a lot of money a year ago
>feels surreal
>no idea what to do with it all
>just go about my life as normal
>money just sits there in my bank account
>fuck it, decide to buy a house
>change some stuff in the house i don't like
>all gone lol
>only difference with my life now is i don't need to pay rent
>still feel exactly the same

Attached: images (6).jpg (484x484, 12K)

>>fuck it, decide to buy a house
>>change some stuff in the house i don't like
>>all gone lol
I don't understand this, did you run out of money?

Yes, like an idiot, he decided to use up all his money renovating his house practically overnight.

Renovations are supposed to be a slow-burn thriller, you idiot. You'er supposed to slowly change things year after year, until 5 or 10 years later, the house finally looks the way you want it. It's called patience.

You also could've just not renovated at all and used the money to go on trips, pursue hobbies, learn skills like playing an instrument, or gone to concerts, watched musicals and plays, or even just buy videogames if you're an introvert loser.

That doesn't make much sense to me because surely he looked at how much money it was going to cost him before he spent it. He could have backed out on it any time.

He looked up.

I noted some disturbing similarities between the relationship in Midsommar and my own relationship with my girlfriend. Not the same levels of toxicity or shittiness but close.

Attached: 1555053616289.jpg (1164x1007, 629K)

Every person who posts on Yea Forums should probably see this movie.

If you you're poor, you're probably a low IQ subhuman anyway, so people don't have any moral obligation to help you.

Ignore the guy who called you cringe, you're based and correct pilled.

Attached: YAYBMIR.jpg (280x180, 10K)

Haven't seen Anomalisa yet but I felt seriously attacked by Synechdoche NY. It's Such a Beautiful Day also gave me a lot of the same feelings.

Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

Shouldn't have bought bitcoins lol

"Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln town car. That girl,you can't even call that girl. What the fuck are you still doing driving a cab?"

Both Blade Runners. Never felt so emasculated.

Stepbrothers by Will Farrel and John C Reilly
And Sisters 2015

So close to home I can't event watch them straight.

Just today me and my dad junked the old CRT tv which accompanied me though my NEET years. The same TV came up easily but came down so difficult. When the TV set came up to my room my dad was stronger than me. He looked like a tower to me back then. Today when we were carrying it I noticed how my dad has aged and weakened. He worked so hard and bought us that TV. Now junking it almost killed him. And my job still won't be able to support me.

Same. Though I'm not depressed anymore, I'm still a failed musician and I cannot bring myself to watch that thing again. Felt like a miserable mirror

Is this incelkino?

Attached: a simple plan.jpg (350x497, 41K)

>this is your brain on moral relativism

I'm pretty poor but I still try to help people where I can. Obviously not to the extent that you can though.

T. Sneed.