Warhammer 40k TV series

What's your cast, Yea Forums?

Attached: 81D%2BkKXXE7L.jpg (1400x2148, 311K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/heretic-traitor-rogue-inquisitor-tv-stargw-homepage-post-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY&list=PLDNCCj46C34AgW7314tDcizn8qFcoENLO
youtube.com/watch?v=SUplioG2DC4
youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE
1d4chan.org/wiki/Horus_Heresy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tranny janny as slaanesh lol

This shit is pure cringe

mark wahlberg - khorne
jinah hill - nurgle
ian mckellan - tnzeentch
christina hendricks - slaneesh
charles dance -the emperor

Everyone just bitches about black space marines or w/e but the real issue will be the series will be too optimistic/quippy for 40k

Cast him Yea Forums

Attached: JaghataiKhan-1-.jpg (215x300, 14K)

Not hard

Attached: 40ktv.jpg (994x3404, 969K)

Suck my dick.

40k is bad enough without going back to the Horus Heresy and the autistic Primarchs with their goofy names that make people laugh

Humor in 40k should be gallows/black humor.
Like 'bring out your dead' scene from Holy Grail or Death of Stalin.
Shit is so fucked up and makes so little sense you can only laugh at it.

Cringe

Yikes

Huh
warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/heretic-traitor-rogue-inquisitor-tv-stargw-homepage-post-2/

What would the plot even be? Because if it's untrasmurf again, fucking dropped. I don't care if it's 2 hours of ork fuckery, just give us something different.

The kino choice would be a plot based around Kaldor Draigo, and it had some great fucking gore and fuckery. I'm talking gore straight out of the OG starship troopers. The plot woild begin with him fighing off a daemon incursion and plopping into the warp itself fucking his way to the top in a very gorey rendition of Dantes Inferno, if Dante was doomguy. I don't care if they pander too hard and have him snort warp dust and have a nightmarish psychedelic demonfucking scene. I just want a good action movie for once.

Mads Mikkelson as Eisenhorn seems obvs.

They should do a Gaunts Ghost series with Sean Bean as Gaunt because the whole series is just Sharpe set in 40k

It's Eisenhorn which is probably the most popular book series

First book series is about uncovering a conspiracy by chaos cultists that leads to crazy chaos-worshiping aliens

Second book is about becoming corrupted by Chaos

Third Book is about being on the run and accepting corruption

The TV show is based around Inquisitor Eisenhorn, from the books Xenos, Malleus, Hereticus. No word as of yet if they will follow the books or if they will be their own thing.

Basically we have space james bond / nazi SS officer going around in a more domestic setting, which for 40k is still pretty fucking horrible, with hive-cities the size of Eurasia, filled with a gorillion people and spires reaching into orbit. Rooting out cults that threaten the stability of the imperium, uncovering plots and corruption(both mundane and metaphysical). Add a touch of lovecraftian horror and you have a perfect recipie for a 40k drama.

Attached: lcdd9088i6221.jpg (2123x3199, 2.12M)

I can dig it. Is this happening because people are still bitching like 6 years later for The Lord Inquisitor to finish?

Have sex.

Dilate

>accepting corruption
I feel like it would be better to say "accepting radicalism." You make it sound like eisenhorn ends up like quixos.

Tommy Wiseau is the emperor

>Rooting out cults that threaten the stability of the imperium, uncovering plots and corruption(both mundane and metaphysical).

Attached: 1514729891940.jpg (630x188, 21K)

Sneed.

Bane

They couldn't afford that cast

LI is never finishing, creator confirmed it.

This is mostly due to a general growth in buzz surrounding 40K lore, probably caused by the Horus Heresy novels and popular fan projects springing up and doing very well. I mean anyone who is interested in learning about 40K lore today can just go on YouTube and get hours upon hours of lore content on almost every possible topic.

Eisenhorn got picked mostly because its a really mainstream appealing kind of story. Its just space bond going around being awesome and doing cool shit in space. You don't need a bunch of backstory to understand the premise or setting.

David Bowie as the God Emperor of Mankind.

Attached: david-bowie-watch-final-haunting-video-released-days-before-his-death-ftr.jpg (600x557, 48K)

Just gender/race swap everyone so this'll be cancelled quickly. I actually like 40k and I don't want this.

>leave 40kino to me

Attached: MV5BMTcyMTU5MzgxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDI0NjI1._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 11K)

He's going to end up like Quixos, he just doesn't know it. Same as Quixos

I'm glad they don't go full out ork/eldar/nids. It would be way too ambitious. This is much easier as a setting

Attached: 514.jpg (623x414, 57K)

But the question is, how much good can he do before he reach that point? His radical path has already seen him accomplish far more than as a puritan inquisitor.

Just remembered that at some point they have to do the scene where a traitor Titan is hunting them.

Attached: face napalm.jpg (1024x470, 41K)

If this does well, expect a houra heresy series as well
>tfw thousands sons gets its own season

Attached: FB_IMG_1562443597099.jpg (750x741, 55K)

As someone that's only recently started learning about 40k lore there's no fucking way they could do the series properly on tv right? The budget needed would be insane, way more than even something like GoT. Not to mention how no network would air some of the edgy stuff.

Eisenhorn is fucking great and the guy behind "The Man in the High Castle" is doing this,so I don't expect complete trash at the very least

A TV show budget cannot do 40K, no.
But Eisenhorn is reasonable because a lot of it will be set in Hive Cities and their spaceship, and when they do go to a countryside type planet it's usually something relatively normal like a farm or a rainy moor or something. There's wack alien planets a couple times but those are climax type stuff.
It'll basically end up looking like The Expanse.

They'll have to avoid the more objectionable to easily whiny people stuff but desu Eisenhorn series is pretty good at framing that stuff. It's Space Bond against Pure Evil. The 'ew space nazi' stuff is the background setting not the plot.

see It doesn't need the bigger CGI stuff of the 40k universe, in fact the book only has two appearances by chaos space marines as antagonists. The others are cultists and masterminds of one sort or another.

It's going to be more of an spy/crime drama than anything else. Inquisitor roaming around and uncovering secrets on various planets. You can have industrial hellholes, somewhat normal looking planets, hive cities in the distance, all sorts of things that don't take super advanced CGI to do. Then good sets and good costumes, and boom. You got yourself a nice action thriller in the 40k universe.

>mfw THIS IS CADIA YOU SILLY FOOL!

Attached: 7f2ba9b37f4c98ee07804ad9bb0e6595.jpg (750x600, 87K)

>space nazis
The imperiam is closer to hybrid of the byzantine empire and stalin era soviet union

Don't upset the political narrative with facts. Can't you see he's trying to dog whistle?

based

Ohh god damn it. What a fucking waste. I was looking forward to it ages ago. At least they're finally doing something and It isn't ultramuhreens.

anyone got links to latest abnett eisenhorn book, the one with the short stories? or gaunt - anarch?

can't find them online

Actually not intentional, I don't believe that myself, hence the ' ' marks. It's just the type of thing easily upset people like to throw at Warhammer.
Every year it gets hit with 'fascist mysoginist and also cruel to animals' like clockwork. You absolutely know there will be 'the trouble with Eisenhorn' articles up complaining about some background stuff.

Can the books be read and understood properly by someone that's never read/played any 40k but has a VERY basic understanding of the series in general gleaned from wiki browsing?

Idris Elba as Nigor Eisenhorn and Queen Latifa as Alizebesha Blaquin

Yes, they are one of the recommended entry level series.

Yes very much so, they are a good intro to 40k. Especially if you have some basic knowledge.

I know son, but here's glorious Astartes to cheer you up. Final part is coming out in a few months.

youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY&list=PLDNCCj46C34AgW7314tDcizn8qFcoENLO

Nice, always been interested in 40k but never actually dove in beyond a few long wiki reading sessions. Just learned this trilogy is written by Dan Abnett, I had no idea he wrote 40k stuff. I'm a big DC comics guy and have read his comic stuff for years.

It's been a while since I read the first trilogy but Mark Strong was born to play Eisenhorn. Don't remember what the other characters look like but Elizabeth Bequin could be played by Vanessa Kirby maybe

They dont even need to shoehorn diversity because betancore is a main character and his daughter also has the stronk woman thing.

Yes, though they are far more grounded and lack some of the more intresting aspects, without any larger context, id think it would be boring.

dominic west as gregor eisenhorn
viggo mortensen as godwyn fischig
kristen stewart as alizabeth bequin
sarah michelle gelar as golesh heldane
kat dennings as slaanesh
tom hardy as midas betancore
ezra miller as cherubael
tim curry as ravenor
tobias menzies as pontius glaw
nicolas windig refn as god emperor of mankind (cameo)

Helsreach is the best 40k book thats been written. Fight me.

Attached: chaplain-grimaldus-1.jpg (1020x581, 57K)

>Yea Forums shitters flooding the board off capeshit
>now we're going to have nu-/tg/ faggots flooding it with the already entrenched Yea Forums crowd
>read the shit out of the eisenhorn series when I was younger
This show has 0 chance of being good and you faggots are going to suck it off regardless of it's quality

Attached: 1538673888861.png (1384x640, 412K)

>sarah michelle gelar as golesh heldane
>Not Sarah-Jessica Parker

u dun goofed

shut it old man

>Your friend... your love. Did you find her?
>Yes. I... did find her.

;_;

Not for eisenhorn, which is why they picked it. Minimal space marine/crazy aliens/titans/ships etc. Mostly running around dark corridors

W-wew. I didn't know they made more of this.

>tfw we will never see the full incredible gory glory of the destruction of Calth
I just want to see these epic moments bros. I don't care about appealing or not appealing to an audience. I just want to see this shit.

Attached: 1497691760277.jpg (256x256, 17K)

Siege of Vraks series when? I want my comically over the top ww1 sci-fi show.

Attached: 40K-Gallery-1161.jpg (950x1342, 241K)

warhammer is very much a white male powerfantasy, it would be zogged so fast

not bad

those trips
also, what if Refn directed
imagine the bloodbath

Attached: 1550ad.jpg (376x452, 51K)

Got any other more newcomer friendly 40K novel recs or is there some kind of recommended reading guide thing? The Horus Heresy series sounds really interesting but it's over 50 books long.

You do realize that (((they))) are making the show right? As in the showrunner is a literal jew and the production company has ties to israeli owned media companies.

This.

Memes aside Elba could honestly play Midas pretty well.

obsessed. 40k was developed by a jew in the first place

cool, Israeli TV is usually free of SJW shit.

Watch some TTS on youtube. It's a pretty good way to dive right into the bullshittery.

You don't read the entire HH series, there's only a few books you can consider essentials but you're not missing out on reading anything 30k.
I'd personally recommend anything imperial guard/astra militarum related

Attached: 1523582247905.jpg (4500x4024, 3.12M)

Do not read the entirety of the Horus Heresy. It covers a lot of minor storylines that newcomers do not need to know. You only need to read First Heretics, False Gods and Horus Rising to understand the basics of 30k. 40k is now splitted between pre-Guilliman and post-Guilliman. As other anons said, start with Gaunt series and Eisenhorn for pre=Guilliman and Dark Imperium and Watchers of the Throne for post-Guilliman

Fifteen Hours is a VERY good entry level book, as it deals with the more human combatants in 40k.

The only "essential" Horus Heresy books are probably:

>Horus Rising
>False Gods
>Galaxy in Flames
>Fulgrim
>First Heretic
>A Thousand Sons
>Know No Fear
>Fear to Tread
>Angel Exterminatus
>Betrayer
>Unremembered Empire
>Master of Mankind
>Vengeful Spirit
>Ruinstorm
>The Path of Heaven
>Wolfsbane
>Old Earth
>Slaves to Darkness
>Buried Dagger
>Solar War
Plus the Garro anthology

Granted that's still a lot of reading and you'll miss a lot of shit

also add angels of caliban

Gaunt's Ghosts is another typical recommend, but the early books are seriously dated now. It's a very good series if you commit, however, you grow really attached to the characters. Dog soldiers with a recon/stealth/sniper speciality with kind of celtic influences to the regimental culture.

Imperial Guard books in general are the company's kind of unofficial jumping on point, there are a dozen stand-alone Guard books put out for that purpose.
>Cadian Blood
Mechanised infantry versus zombies in a cathedral city, has the feel and tone of the setting down just right
>Imperial Glory
A regiment made up of survivors from a dozen other regiments gets sent on one last mission; surprisingly moving
>Fifteen Hours
named after the life expectancy of new soldiers arriving in the book's warzone...such as the main character just did.
>Baneblade
Hey, do you like tanks? This is about a tank crew. Except their tank is fucking huge because Warhammer.

Those would be some recommends.
If you like unexpectly funny stories, there's the Ciaphas Cain series, which is kind of like what if Blackadder was in 40K.

Start with Luetin09 on YT. After that Bruva Alfabusas TTS. If you want more you can start digging into the books

>Any Tay novels not in heresy tier
Shadowsun is an obvious Mary Sue and any humans in Tau novels have their IQs nerfed to that of baboons. Blade of Damocles, especially Blade of Damocles, is a horrendous Tau wankfest even though the Tau is losing the entire campaign. Every race when first face the Space Marines got their shit pushed in, even the Eldar. But the Tau managed to fucking counter ambushed the Marines and chased them back even though they are supposed to be on the losing side

Viggo as the emperor, seen only in dreams and hallucinations and maybe like a flashback while someone is telling stories about him.

But thats not Dead Men Walking. Also why is it not on this list?

I think I red Storm of Iron like 10 years ago but I can't remember can someone give me a quick rundown? Do they end up fighting imperial fists at some point or am I thinking of a different book?

Before today I knew nothing about 40k, after this news I got sucked into a deep dive of wikia pages.

40k nerds, am I gay for liking the Dark Angels? I like their whole 'we won't stop until we've tracked down every Fallen Angel' thing. I also like that their LOYAL Primarch is still alive and just waiting to be revived in their own damn base.

just start reading HH
but also

Luetin09 shilled hard for dawn of war 3

tau are a mary sue faction when not being complete jobbers along with the tyranids as a whole.
I didn't make the list but saved it for reference to judge. I like the Krieg army books

Attached: 51ykh8An45L[1].jpg (311x500, 56K)

>40k nerds, am I gay for liking the Dark Angels?
No, Dark Angels are cool. But yes, there are plenty of gay jokes about them because their DEEPEST LORE involves gay in-jokes.

No your a man of taste and its nice to see that you have the intelligence to see that the lion is the emperor greatest son

I really liked it. Prob one of the biggest grimdark ones out there

>just start reading HH
That's what I'm inclined to do since my maybe autism can't let me just randomly skip books in the same series. What would be the best reading order series wise for Eisenhorn, Gaunt's Ghosts, Dark Imperium, Watchers of the Throne and the The Horus Heresy? And any other recommended books/series (with an emphasis on more new reader friendly)

Nah dude, you aight. I like the Dark Angels too, but for some reason they get shat on a lot by some. The whole warrior monk aesthetic always appeals to me.

Dark Angels are kind of assholes who work for themselves first and the Imperium second.

>LOYAL Primarch is still alive
You didn't dive deep enough. Go deeper.

Luther is the loyalist and he knows Lion will turn traitors so he killed the Lion in the duel and masqueraded as the Lion staying asleep beneath the Rock

Ironically, from what I read of him wouldn't he find his Dark Angels whole millennia long crusade against the traitors to be a massive waste of time? He seems like a super no-nonsense guy who'd say their time would've been better spent elsewhere. Or am I reading him wrong?

I read a couple of theories like that, but everywhere I read said that only the Emperor himself knows he's alive and well, surely he couldn't be fooled into thinking his son was still alive? Also read some theories that say the Lion was originally supposed to turn traitor but someone did some time travel shenanigans to change which sons stayed loyal which is why the loyalists won in the end.

its what i did, and i didn't skip any books (because of the aforementioned autism) and so far i am 20 books in. It has worked out pretty well for me.

Part of the setting is the massive irony that 40K is basically the opposite of what the Emperor and the Primarchs wanted back when they were all around in 30K.

Recently, one of the Primarchs returned from being in stasis for 10 thousand years and basically the first thing that happened after he had time to look around and see what had gone down in his absence was him having a titanic shitfit along the lines of WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU ALL DO it was great

Cringe

Read Ciaphas Cain first. It's a bit of a blackadder-ish styled series about a an inquisitor going through the memoirs of a commissar who is known to be a famed hero of the imperium, but is actually more cowardly and lucky in reality. Not only is it a decent, more light-hearted read but the way it slowly introduces xenos races and imperial factions eases you into a full understanding of the world.

has there ever been a good 40k book

All of them apart from Heresy should really be read in publication order.
In my opinon Heresy should be as well, but if you are just really into one Legion or storyline you can find guides that tell you which books to pick up to follow those.
So going in, if you are a fan in particular of say, the Dark Angels, you can read up on what books have their story in them.

However there is a meta plot that eventually the books all collapse into, which leads into the closing series, which is currently at book 2 of 8.

Iron warriors siege a gene seed repository/fortress. We are mostly introduced to Honsou and how other iron warriors bully him because he's not a son of perturabo and he has to prove himself extra hard because of it. It's one of McNeill's better works.

Do you remember if part of the book is from the perspective of an imperial citizen that became a slave to the chaos warband?

to add to this, for Eisenhorn in particular:
The first 3 Eisenhorn books
then
The 3 Ravenor books
then
The Magus (Eisenhorn book 4)

Where your read Pariah (Eisenhorn vs Ravenor book 1) is either right before The Magus or right after it, your choice. It came out before The Magus but works after it as well.

The last two books in Eisenhorn vs Ravenor have not been written yet.

There is a human slave girl who belongs to one of the iron warriors main characters. She does maintenance on his power armor until it starts speaking to her and together they plot and kill the space marine. She ends up wearing the armor and opens a portal to the warp and leaves the planet.

The story of Lion being the real traitor comes from Astelan, a fallen who is a confirmed liar.

The time travel is from Gav Thorpes DA trilogy. The dark angels of today are lead by cypher to find 3 dark age technology devices that when put together, allow for time travel. They travel back to the destruction of Caliban which opens a rift in the warp but decide to leave history as it was, and so in 40k fashion shoot the rift shut. This is heavily implied to be the cause of the warp storm that destroys Caliban in the first place.

No the lion likes his secrets im sure he would have considered it a waste of time but the Dark Angels have a great service record. Also the fact that they actually still a legion would make him happy the lion would have never split his legion willingly.

If you feel like reading about regular people who end up working for chaos warbands, then I suggest reading the Night Lords trilogy and Lords of Silence. Both are top notch as 40k novels go. Dark Disciple of the Word Bearers trilogy has some of that too, but the writer is nowhere as good as the other two.

Why not helsreach? But with an actual budget, instead of one autist making it g-mod and covering it up with pencil effects
Its 40kino

Attached: 35803136852_1b8aee6f26_b.jpg (1024x933, 78K)

youtube.com/watch?v=SUplioG2DC4

>Eisenhorn vs Ravenor
I thought eisenhorn and ravenor were friends

Richard Boylan got hired by GW to animate a full series recently.

Ok, so a good order would be

The Inquisitor series (Eisenhorn then Ravenor then Bequin) > The Horus Heresy series > Gaunt's Ghosts > Watchers of the Throne > Dark Imperium

Does that sound good?

Imagine keeping a straight face when you hear Lion El Johnson for the first time.

Fucking solid. Patrician taste.

It's a perfectly sensible name, it's just too deep for you.
Lion means lion
El means the
Jon means forest
son means son
After you've translated it back into it's original half english, half made up bullshit it's a beautiful name.

I really don't recommend 30k before you finished with 40k. Same reason that you don't start with Silmarillion instead of LoTR

Then don't watch his DoW3 vids. His lore videos are the best on YT by a mile

The best order and books to read to fully understand imo would be in order
Only the essential horus heresy>helsreach>devastation of baal>lords of silence>dark imperium 1 and 2
And those are in canonical order

>tranny janny
>my euphoria/jules threads keep getting deleted and I keep getting banned
nice try tho. still based.

It would be cheers but in an outer rim world bar.

They're less mary sue and more like xenos Jehovah witnesses. The beauty of 40k is that every faction has their own mary sues and cannon fodder, and all the possible end of the universe scenarios are all happening at the same time so it all cancells eachother out in a near comical way that never takes itself too seriously.

For me, it's Titanicus.

Fuck no I aint ever gonna support a channel that shilled that failed abortion.

idris elba
milly billy bobby & brown
a tranny

there, Netflix hire me.

Top warhammer kino coming right through

youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE

>May Imperial Justice account in all balance. The Emperor protects.

Attached: file.png (450x253, 226K)

Attached: 1561366584357.jpg (1000x966, 181K)

What's the best entry point into warhammer 40k? Is there a particular novel or series of novels I should start with?

The Eisenhorn books. Also look in the thread, plenty of suggestions

Helsreach is a pretty good starting point

Quality aside, the new Horus Heresy books have kino covers

Attached: LostAndTheDamnedCover.jpg (639x878, 205K)

Gaunts Ghosts easily. Long series that still ongoing and introduces things a lot better than most.

This would be beyond perfection

SCREENCAPTHIS
IN 10 YEARS THERE WILL BE A AAA HOLLYWOOD RELEASE OF A WH40K MOVIE AND THE EMPEROR WILL FINALLY BTFO BOTH STAR FAGGOTS ONCE AND FOR ALL

Much of what you actually think as white powerfantasy is Jewish power fantasies.

White power fantasy is creating a libertarian society in a new, uncharted land.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Horus_Heresy

No, you're just a shady motherfucker

Sounds like you bought the game based on his recommendation. A shame, since his lore vids has better production quality than anything else on YT

I could Lion going one of either two ways. (1) He supports his sons for going after the Fallen because Lion was super autistic about maintaining his honor and always retaliated when he felt slighted or his honor impugned, or (2) he's practical and pragmatic enough to realized it's a waste of effort, just like you said.

>libertarian society
Yeah ok buddy

I think you're way too obsessed with jews

I'm just pissed they waited until after John Hurt and Christopher Lee died, and if Pete Postlethwaite had survived until now he'd make an amazing Aemos. 40K, and Eisenhorn in particular, has a lot of room for badass old men with commanding presences.

As it stands, if Charles Dance isn't cast somewhere I'm gonna lose it. He could be an awesome Commodus Voke. I'd hold out hope for Max von Sydow somewhere, but that might be too unrealistic.

Speaking of which, how many more badass old actors do we have left?

Can someone tell me exactly how many Primarchs, both traitor and loyal, are 100% confirmed dead, which are 100% confirmed still alive and which are MIA? Also what's the deal with the missing 2 that were stricken from the records?

Did not buy it thankfully but he has rubbed me the wrong way two many times the shilling of dow3 just sealed the deal. Plus arch and major kill are better I would rather have archs ramblings and majorkills memes over luetin

Attached: 51779230_2498475813558398_6719262956321767424_n.jpg (480x325, 23K)

Too white, too many big names. Try again.

100% confirmed dead are:
Sanguinius and Ferrus Manus (Loyalists)
Horus Lupercal and Konrad Curze (Traitors)

All Loyalist Primarchs are MIA with the exception of Roboute Guilliman who now leads the Imperium. Lion El'Jonson is asleep inside the Rock, the Dark Angels fortress monastery, although no one knows he's there, and Corvus Corax is active in the Warp, also no one in the Imperium knows he's there. The Traitor Primarchs are all pretty much in the Warp either doing nothing or fighting for their gods. Magnus the Red and Mortarion made brief appearances in normal space after Roboute came back.

The missing two are deliberately left uncharacterized and unexplained as to give players of the Horus Heresy game an excuse to make up their own space marine legions and attribute them as either the II or XI legions.

ALL PRIMARCH CURRENT STATUS':

>Lion El'Jonson = Asleep under The Rock, the Dark Angels Fortress-Monastery. Nobody knows he's there tho.
>Fulgrim = Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, recently appeared possessing someone to taunt Guilliman upon his return
>Perturabo = Daemon Prince on Medrengard in the Eye of Terror
>Jaghatai Khan = Disappeared into the Webway chasing Dark Eldar
>Leman Russ = Went missing finding the Tree of Life to cure the Emperor, said he will be back in the "Wolf Time"
>Rogal Dorn = Thought killed during a Black Crusade, leaving behind only a hand. According to Vulkan in a more recent book he's still alive.
>Konrad Curze = Willingly let himself get killed my the Assassin M'Shen
>Sanguinius = Killed by Horus
>Ferrus Manus = Killed by Fulgrim
>Angron = Daemon Prince, currently stuck in the Warp since being banished by the Grey Knights
>Roboute Guilliman = Recently resurrected and is leading the Imperium as Lord Commander
>Mortarion = Daemon Prince, has been quite active lately fighting Guilliman/Invading Ultramar
>Magnus = Daemon Prince, has been quite active lately fighting Space Wolves and Guilliman on the moon and generally causing mischief
>Horus = Killed by the Emperor
>Lorgar = Daemon Prince on Sicarus in the Eye of Terror. Has been in meditation with the Chaos Gods for 10,000 years our time
>Vulkan = Went missing after fighting the powerful Ork warlord known as The Beast. Presumed dead by the rest of the Imperium but as we know Vulkan is nigh unkillable
>Corax = Went missing in the Eye of Terror chasing the Traitor Primarch's. Recent story has him a warp-mutated monstrosity obsessively hunting Word Bearers on Sicarus and fighting Lorgar for a bit
>Alpharius Omegon = Twin Primarchs in truth, Alpharius was killed by Dorn at the Battle of Pluto and Omegon took the title Alpharius. This "Alpharius" was supposedly killed by Guilliman after the Heresy, but as we know with the Alpha Legion it probably it's unclear

Thanks
>after Roboute came back
Are there any stories dealing specifically with his return? and where exactly did he come back from?

Don's listen to these
A lot of new lore implied that all Primarchs can be resurrected

>A lot of new lore
Speaking of, does 40k have a one unified equal canon? Or are there tiers and stuff taken out like the old Star Wars EU. I'm sure I heard something a few years ago about the people that own 40k starting the canon again or something and people being pissed about it.

He was wounded by Fulgrim shortly after the Heresy with a Poison Blade. To prevent him from dying the Ultramarines put him into suspended animation right before the poison claimed his life. He was kept in the Ultramarines Fortress as a religious relic of sorts for 10,000 years.

Recently to make more $$$ GW had a campaign called Gathering Storm where Eldar and a 10,000 year old quasi-heretical Tech-Priest Belisarius Cawl teamed up and brought him back by giving him a suit of armor that heals his injuries as fast as the poison can spread.

Therea re no actual books on his revival process, those are told in the campaign book Rise of the Primarch. The novels Dark Imperium and Dark Imperium Plague War deal with him reforming/running the Imperium shortly after his rebirth tho

Everything is canon. But the narrator is not always reliable. Demons, traitors, imperials. They always lie or be lied to. Even the Gods lie.

Just read them in order and lurk lexicanum/1d4chan for insights on the lore.

So there was no canon reboot? Maybe I'm thinking of another franchise then, besides the Disney reboot with the Star Wars EU.

I felt myself going broke imagining this cast

Boyland did an excellent job with the tools he had and in an acceptable amount of time.

Warhammer Fantasy had a massive canon reboot with the End Times officially ending the setting/game and the subsequent launch of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.

40K got

>Imagine keeping a straight face when you hear Kal El for the first time

The Eisenhorn and Ravenor books are great for inquistorial interstellar psychic spy heretic hunting stories.

Gaunt's Ghosts are dog soldiers doing their shit.

All are great and require minimal lore knowledge.

Angron is apparently going to be resummoned on Armageddon for another go and Lorgar has been reported out and about converting worlds to Chaos. The Lion is also waking up as well, apparently.

inb4 Angron is almost wining against Dante and Sanguinor, Ghazgkhull appears at his back, kicks Angron's balls so hard he gets banished back in the warp.

>While working with Ian Watson on the story for A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Kubrick asked Watson for a pre-print copy of his Warhammer 40,000 tie-in novel Inquisitor. Watson quotes Kubrick as saying, "Who knows, Ian? Maybe this is my next movie?"[49]

Attached: 1558294380629.png (645x773, 41K)

for entry level the Ultramarines + Storm of Iron novels by Graham McNeill, Eisenhorn and Gaunt's ghosts from Dan Abnett are perfect, followed by the Ciaphas Cain books to get a slightly less grimdark angle

Afterwards if you like the setting just pick the shit you have liked the most (these books cover pretty much every race) and read others based on them. Though I have to say there's a noticeable quality drop compared to McNeill, Abnett, ABD and Sandy Mitchell.