None of your business, old hag

None of your business, old hag.

Attached: Rei.jpg (1080x1043, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en_us/article/evywgp/evangelion-wont-stop-leering-as-it-explores-its-characters-sexuality-recap-episodes-8-13
gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=251663
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why was she so rude?

Attached: 1206597489093.jpg (443x333, 70K)

>tfw asuka is better than rei in every way imaginable

Attached: 9183A193-9BBB-4DA5-A7AC-DA3461C4A35C.jpg (507x503, 38K)

weird, she had the attitude of a 19 year old bar whore. what did Gendo mean by that

She had no sense of other people's self-worth. Gendo calls her an old hag, so she's an old hag.

ROASTIES BTFO

Attached: 99percentchanceofwinning.jpg (1200x628, 76K)

That's actually pretty obvious now I think about it. I thought she just had no sense of her own self, not self generally, but I guess that's right.

Attached: 1206589463323.jpg (720x480, 65K)

what a cute doll. she is almost lifelike

>slutty redhead with abandonment issues
i rather have the blue haired qt with a blank slate personality that i can mold into a perfect waifu
sorry roasties, you lose again

>If she likes you. Then she is a huge fucking bitch to you and won't even let you come near her

I've read that the Japanese overwhelmingly favor passive Rei over spunky Asuka, while it's pretty much the opposite in the West.

Misato is best girl though

For me it's Asuka.

Attached: 1554678496010.png (255x291, 132K)

Shinji is a faggot for going after her than Rei

Attached: 1-nMnK5BX8R2pkznqO_UcrJg.png (1153x634, 323K)

o__
h__

Attached: I.jpg (1247x940, 122K)

Yes but as soi levels increase in the west so will the proportion of reifags

>>tfw asuka is better than rei in every way imaginable
Especially at taking loads from ugly bald men, no one beats Asuka!

Attached: 1532661697482.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

Rei isn't even a god damn human. Asuka is all woman.

Attached: 1551031040138.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

It's hilarious that when people ask 'Who is best girl?' everyone immediately knows it's about Evangelion. People will continue to argue about it forever, it seems.

Attached: Misato.jpg (1594x2278, 422K)

>Rei has no personality
I hate this meme

Attached: 1562450412167.png (339x332, 162K)

>that whole pic

>the alternative preggo version

Attached: 1501203524536.jpg (419x750, 54K)

Yep, Anno has made some pretty based comments about his own people.

Attached: image1.jpg (400x534, 128K)

>the alternative preggo version

Sauce?

Attached: 1555071607197.jpg (500x628, 65K)

Everyone knows it's mistao who's best girl but people STILL pretend otherwise

Thanks for the dosage doc

Rei has always been the wrong choice and even though Anno maked 3 movies to prove it the reifags still don't understand. Next one will go beyond your comprehension as always

The preg version is the original, the other one is shooped.

Asuka

Because that was yuis personality coming out

Yui!'s soul isn't in rei.

Asuka > Misato >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rei

vice.com/en_us/article/evywgp/evangelion-wont-stop-leering-as-it-explores-its-characters-sexuality-recap-episodes-8-13

Um, excuse me but this whole 'waifu' discussion is toxic. All posts have been flagged. Expect a visit from your local authorities who will relocate you to an appropriate re-education facility. That is all, thank you.

Attached: Vice-Daily-News-Show-Go90.jpg (1140x700, 45K)

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=251663

thanks for proving my point

>S-Senpai?

Attached: Maya5.jpg (800x600, 44K)

Attached: Based Anno.jpg (500x385, 57K)

Attached: chomp.png (436x341, 305K)

I refuse to believe that this is what these people actually believe on the subject matter.

>probably molests Asuka at the hot spring
>attempts consolation sex with Shinji
>Litteraly is okay cuz shes hot

Attached: 1549747606755.jpg (640x480, 50K)

No but she's still a clone of her and has her raw desires laid out. She slapped shinji when he bad mouthed genji, like a mother would.
She's a clone of a mother so she acts like one

Threadly reminder that you have to be fucked up in the head to waifuing any girl from NGE

Poor Ritsuko. No one ever calls her best girl. Even Maya is more popular even though she's such a minor character. Doctors and scientists are sexy as hell.

Attached: Ritsuko.jpg (500x736, 52K)

>american audience tended to favor Misato
based

It's because she made the same mistake her mom did and fucked adult Shinji who was even more emotionally unavailable

Attached: Screenshot (428).png (1417x803, 703K)

This. Shinji or bust

OLD HAG

Anno unironically agrees with this. Eva is a seething condemnation of Otaku waifu culture.

Rei is meant to show what otaku's want in a waifu, sort of a sex doll that just sits in her box waiting for her master to come home. She is devoid of emotion or purpose, until the end when she rejects her husbando gendo.

>fucked Ritsuko
>fucked her mom
>fucked Yui
>probably fucked Rei
>in the end fucks pretty much everyone

How can one man be so based?

Attached: GendoIkari.jpg (400x503, 61K)

>Anno unironically agrees with this
the writer of that article is unable to separate what it's shown in the series from its intentions.
So, no.

>She is devoid of emotion or purpose, until the end when she rejects her husbando gendo.

Why does she finally make an actual decision and decide to reject Gendo and give the choice to Shenji?

Rei was more iconic at that time. Anime characters like Asuka were not really rare.
Asuka is more popular in Japan too these days.

This. Mari is actually meant to be the "ideal waifu" and a sort of mockery to the otaku who worshiped the original series.

Attached: tumblr_mw66lkNnMa1r2dgsfo1_500.gif (500x294, 198K)

I liked her up until she started becoming an unsympathetic bitch for no reason.

a popular sentiment isn't necessarily an untrue one

That's Rei III.

wtf I love America now

Based

It's more of a fact than a meme.

Fine, if you want a waifu like that, have it your way, but you're just conditioning yourself to hate actual women (and by extension, actual people).

It's part of her own story, it's not that she can't emote, she's just so emotionally stunted compared to a normal human due to her creation she comes off as absolutely alien and aloof.

Rei is the absolute best.

Yes.

Asuka has no personality, on the account that NERV owns her little doll ass.
Rei might be socially stunted, but Rei actually owns that deadpan expression and life outlook.

Attached: n7wc9z1mxjpy.jpg (500x374, 21K)

Ssh, let the idiots argue over who wins second fiddle to the actual best girl

You can repeat this line in all the Eva threads you want; it doesn't make it true. Asuka working for NERV and feeling that her self-worth derives from her service to it doesn't equate to not having a personality.

>That's Rei III.

OK.

Why does Rei III finally make an actual decision and decide to reject Gendo and give the choice to Shenji?

Just because Asuka is the obvious and canonical choice for Shinji doesn't make her a well-written or interesting character.
People prefer Misato and Rei because they're actual characters with fully realized character arcs, as opposed to Anno's tsundere fantasy girl that got written out of the show once he realized he didn't know what to do with her.
Seriously, rewatch the last couple episodes. Asuka gets like five seconds of screen time after being rescued from the bathtub, and then we cut to Shinji's homosex adventures and Instrumentality. All we see of her after that are essentially Shinji's fantasies, both in the TV ending and in EoE. There's no resolution to any of her problems, she just becomes "girl Shinji is attracted to" and nothing more. It's like Anno gave up on her and decided to focus on the other characters. Shinji learns to stop being a coward, Rei rejects Gendo, Misato sacrifices herself for Shinji and tells him she loves him, Asuka doesn't get shit. No resolution.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can be so attached to what amounts to an unfinished character, unless it's just a sex thing about wanting a 14 year old redhead to step on your face in which case I understand completely.

Because the plot needed her to. Rei wasn't developed as a character outside of episodes 5 and 6.

When it comes down to it, he's a hardcore otaku who hates himself, and projects that on everyone else.

Attached: 1527961776572.png (822x1134, 807K)

now thats a cope if I've ever seen one

Can any Reifags actually explain themselves? How do you prefer Rei, when she is so emotionally distant? She does show a certain reserved compassion (that seems closer to politeness), but beyond that she's hardly even a person.

What exactly is the appeal? Why is Rei so popular?

Attached: ReiAyanami.jpg (480x360, 16K)

That old hag was fugging her former husband.

Are you completely forgetting about this entire sequence?

Attached: eoe.jpg (500x473, 81K)

t. best girl

Attached: Evangelion_Unit-01_front1.png (448x1000, 65K)

They prefer her because she's quiet and submissive and has no force of personality. She's their unrealistic dream of what women should be like, and consequently, they have difficulty dealing with real women and real people.

She is the greatest waifu indeed. Tailored to perfection. Genki, zettai ryōiki uniform, glasses, no emotional baggage... She must fuck like a wild animal.

Rei does rebel. Rei is a person. Asuka is an NPC.

>nO! iT hAs tO bE OnE oR tHe OtHeR

Attached: 1520822764458.gif (300x189, 1.21M)

Absolute kino fight, Christ.

Rei's only act of "rebellion" is disobeying Gendo, which is a completely unmotivated decision by her that she only makes because the plot needed her to.

She's more interesting to learn about. Her background is mysterious for most of the show, and she's more complex to figure out regarding her inner thoughts. Might as well say all introverts have no personality because they don't openly flaunt it.
>They
Fuck off, you don't represent anyone

And what does asuka do? For her, being forced to thinkabout herself is as tough as being raped. She has no interior dialogue.

How much fucking mental gymnastics is this? Rei is literally a soulless npc

That's Asuka cuck bullshit.

The actual fuckpuppet is Asuka, not Rei. Stop projecting.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第25話 Air (BDrip (1920x1080, 2.58M)

>People prefer Misato and Rei because they're actual characters with fully realized character arcs, as opposed to Anno's tsundere fantasy girl
absolute and utter brainlet.
Asuka is arguably better developed that Shinji.

Figured as much. I feel like Rei attracts the kind of people who don't even want a real relationship.

Rei III is Rei.

This.

>Tries to teach Asuka about her body so she's better prepared for Kaji/Shinji
>End of the world so making sure Shinji goes out a man and not dies a virgin

She's the best girl for a reason

>Rei's only act of "rebellion" is disobeying Gendo, which is a completely unmotivated decision by her that she only makes because the plot needed her to.
No. She puts 2 and 2 together and thanks to Shinji, across the series, she understand the difference between a human caring about you because you are useful and one being genuine.

This fucking board is too dumb even for a Japanese cartoon with giant robots.

Shinji is introverted, yet he has a clear, defined personality. Rei is literally and figuratively an alien, and despite getting several monologues inside her head, her personality is never really developed and she never really changes.

t. hasn't watched or is conveniently ignoring episode 22 DC.

Yep.

>For her, being forced to thinkabout herself is as tough as being raped

I think it's more being reminded that she found her mother's corpse swinging in a noose after going insane and her father abandoning her.

Attached: 1551203034566.jpg (394x406, 46K)

She's not the same one, she's been sitting on standby in a tube for II to kick the bucket and dosen't have the emotional investment Rei II had in Gendo by that point, Rei III being aware she was a sacrifice in the last life and then having Kaworu spilling the beans about her being a reincarnated Angel caused her to turn against Gendo in the end.

>Rei is literally a soulless npc
You can keep saying it, if only it made it true. I guess this doll is only good at following orders, and would never sacrifice herself for som oh no, wait noo..

Attached: Rei II death.png (640x480, 513K)

>Can any Reifags actually explain themselves?
A reifag is just a normal person who isn't absolutely retarded.

Rei being emotionally distant - so what? Rei is a character, who does a lot of great things, thinks many great thoughts, and is the cornerstone if not the foundation of what goes well in the series.

Not liking Rei is abnormal.

*Dies offscreen*

Attached: Kaji_smile_%28NGE%29.png (640x480, 368K)

She wasn't rude, she was just stating the facts since there was an affair.

>across the series
But we're talking about Rei III, who has existed for 1 and a third episodes. Consequently,
>she understand the difference between a human caring about you because you are useful and one being genuine.
You're completely making this up. It has no basis in reality.

How, again, does sacrificing herself and defying orders (without motivation) make her an interesting character?

SEETHING Asucucks

Attached: waifusandnpcs.png (1080x4000, 3.08M)

>and is the cornerstone if not the foundation of what goes well in the series
Being important to the literal plot has zero bearing on whether Rei is an interesting character.
>Rei is a character
Sort of.
>thinks a great many thoughts
And very few of them do anything to develop her, and none of them make her interesting. The internal monologues she's given just revolve around wondering what she is. Spoiler alert: she's an alien.

Rei doesn't have an emotional breakdown every five minutes like as*ka.

Defying orders without motivation implies free will.

>asuka being NERV's loyal puppet does not make her a doll

All right son. Go hug your asuka daki.

Attached: mpv-shot0017.jpg (1440x1080, 288K)

Do you think it was somebody in the Known cast who Killed him?

>She's more interesting to learn about. Her background is mysterious for most of the show, and she's more complex to figure out regarding her inner thoughts.

This might be true, but it the fact she has an arguably better story and character development does not make her more attractive.

I love this

> a-anime is a serious artform, i s-s-swear

> all discussion is about which fictional poorly written cartoon character everyone would like as a gf

Attached: 1559158309448.jpg (1194x988, 338K)

>Being important to the literal plot has zero bearing on whether Rei is an interesting character.
Okay? If you think so; I can't stop you. Some do.

Regardless Rei is extremely interesting; as opposed to Asuka who is a mere otaku jerk-off fantasy, something Anno commented on in EoE.

>Sort of.
More than Asuka, who doesn't develop.

>And very few of them do anything to develop her, and none of them make her interesting. The internal monologues she's given just revolve around wondering what she is. Spoiler alert: she's an alien.
So is everyone in Evangelion, spoiler alert. Rei had these thoughts, necessary to define oneself - Asuka didn't, and she ended up a fucktoy, canonically.

Rei has a soul in Eva, though. Not just ANY soul, but the most unique soul on the damned planet.
Asuka on the hand, is just a fundamentally split one.

Difference is, Rei managed to be her own person, and Asuka never did.

Attached: dead_meme.jpg (640x601, 71K)

Anime is just as serious an artform as any other, meaning 99% of the time, it's kitsch. When it comes down to it, anime can be anything, just like every other artform.

>all discussion is about which fictional poorly written cartoon character everyone would like as a gf

You should probably read the thread. It's more about which character is less interesting.

What are we supposed to get out of that fight?
Asuka regresses back into being a little girl, showing that she's still dependent on her dead mom. Then she dies horrifically and we don't see her again until the ending. Nothing about her changes, she essentially gets slapped in the face by Anno.
Compare that to Shinji, who deals with pretty much the exact same problem but gets over it because he's the main character and Anno didn't really have time for anyone else.

Yes, I forgot about that scene, but it doesn't change my mind at all. Asuka needed more serious episodes during the TV series, or at least some scenes during Instrumentality in EoE. Without anything like that she comes across as an unfinished character and part of the reason why Eva as a whole is an unfinished show.

Shut the FUCK up waifufag.

>Evangelion EXPLICITLY calls out the brainless Asukafags on just using for fap material
>The series spend all it's time making Asuka out to be a puppet
>Asuka in the series projects being a puppet onto everything she hates that makes things difficult for her, e.g her EVA, Rei
>Asukafags also project this onto Rei

This is poetry and and eternal testament to the self-delusion Asuka fans live under.

Millions and millions of years in the future, aliens will excavate our ruins and see make note of the Asukafag delusion.

Attached: mpv-shot0006.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

It really is quite simple to see why Rei is better than Ausuka. You have one who's temperament is controlled by logical analysis and reasoning of current events that are happening, and on the other side you have a temperament that is controlled by spontaneous backfires of emotion and irrational thinking that causes sudden outbursts of rage or sorrow.

Besides, people don't argue about which poorly written female character they would want for a gf in every other medium, either?

Attached: img.jpg (474x265, 18K)

Imagine desperately competing with a doll in every aspect of your life, from work to romance and the doll isn't even aware of it, and you still end up failing lmao

Attached: powerless.jpg (320x240, 10K)

Correction, Asuka Did, but it was completely shallow and only helped for the last 20 seconds of her life before the MP Evas showed up.

That scene only highlights Asuka's ultimate failure.

She returns to the "womb" of the EVA to fight as NERV's puppet. She's a sacrificial lamb, being as brainwashed as an American dying in an Israeli war.
Literally sacrificed in the spot where the ritual to enslave mankind begins, symbolically.

But yeah, sure. "brave girl fighting", despite having a backstory of a rape victim brainwashed to fight in a war she never understands.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第25話 Air (BDrip (1920x1080, 2.31M)

Not in serious artistic mediums.

Do you think people regularly argue who's best girl of Julia and Sylvia from Two Gentlemen of Verona? Who's best out of Katerina Ivanovna and Grushenka?

Yes, she has free will, just like every other character in the series does. The question at hand is *why* she makes the decision she does. It's never really clear why she chooses to betray Gendo then.

You're essentially looking at Asuka from the wrong mindset. Yes, she's loyal to NERV, but only because her service to NERV is what she derives her self-worth from. The *why* of her dedication to fighting Angels is what's interesting - the question of what drives her. What drives Rei?

>Okay? If you think so; I can't stop you. Some do.
This is actually a really simple point. Doing something important to the plot and being an interesting character with emotional and psychological depth are two different things.
>Regardless Rei is extremely interesting;
Saying "she's interesting!" doesn't make it true.
>Rei had these thoughts, necessary to define oneself
And what's her conclusion? How does it change her? How does it make her more human? How does it change her relationships with other characters? Does she open up emotionally? In what way do her monologues actually make her more interesting? I'd challenge you to reply without falling back to your stump speeches about how she's free and how Asuka is a doll.
>Asuka didn't, and she ended up a fucktoy, canonically.
Asuka's death happened because Seele manufactured artificial Lances - not because Asuma didn't have introspective thoughts. Please think before you type.

>ywn get SOL Evangelion
visual novels don't count

You shouldn't dismiss something just because it's an anime. Yes, much of modern anime is generic waifushit, with few worthy exceptions. The proportion of quality material in Western media isn't much better though.

Look at the mountain of garbage television shows that make up American programming, especially all of those terrible relationship dramas that amount to little more than live-action waifufagging. Every work should be judged individually based on its merits. That being said Misato is obviously best girl and the true gentleman's choice.

Attached: 1506882208263.png (980x1250, 774K)

Imagine being an Asuka fan.

Spending every second of your day trying to convince yourself your waifu isn't a worthless puppet. Then looking at yourself and your Asuka merchandise, the doujins you jerk off to, the figures you hotglue, and then projecting all of those shitty mistakes on everyone else. Rei fans especially because they're better than you.

Just.
Like.
Asuka.

Attached: asuka_doll.png (1440x1080, 1.6M)

>her legs
HNNNGH

Attached: 1561696356862.jpg (1440x1080, 158K)

And Asuka? I like Asuka fine, but:
>be a bitch 100% of the time
>redeem yourself with a good fight
That's all she is.

>people are STILL arguing about who the bestgirl in Evangelion is, decades after it finished airing.

>You're essentially looking at Asuka from the wrong mindset.
Nope, you are.

>Yes, she's loyal to NERV, but only because her service to NERV is what she derives her self-worth from. The *why* of her dedication to fighting Angels is what's interesting - the question of what drives her. What drives Rei?
We know what drives Asuka and Rei.
What drives Rei is elegantly explained by herself early on, she pilots to defeat the Angels and because it's her bond with all people. For Rei, piloting is an end to a means.

Asuka is brainwashed, and only pilots because it's who she identifies as. Something NERV made sure as. So Asuka either pilots,or she is no one. In other words, Asuka is a puppet.

This is plainly obvious to someone who watched this during the netflix part.

Point to me something which isn't made by Miyazaki, Satoshi Kon, Takahata or Mamoru Oshii where this doesn't become a problem (I guess Metropolis and Memories). Even Oshii can't fully escape it.

Evangelion is one of the most critically acclaimed animes out there, it's basically anime Sopranos in terms of it's popularity contra acclaim, it's not some bargain bin loli shit.

Reminder that the creator literally says Rei is a characterless NPC, no amount of mental gymnastics will change the truth

Attached: reifags BTFO.png (899x329, 19K)

I dont even care about waifus but this is true, Asuka would be terrible company IRL, people only like her because shes fictional

>be a completely passive robot who has no sense of self-worth and obeys an abusive sociopath 100% of the time
>redeem yourself by disobeying once
Tell me this isn't all Rei is.

>Asuka is literally the second person on earth to reform himself and she didn't need god/lilith to help
>huuurrrrduuuurrrr she has no personality

Among pretentious art-fags, I can definitely see it happening. There is no such thing as a serious artistic medium, because 90% of every medium is kitsch.

gendo is a really fedora character. this is what asian people think is cool. a weird Machiavellian sociopath who sits rigidly still and schemes all day.

Honestly I don't even watch anime, really. I'm just a big fan of Evangelion and feel that dismissing it or anything else simply because it's an anime is silly.

was gendo boning loli rei ? he might be one of us.

>This is actually a really simple point. Doing something important to the plot and being an interesting character with emotional and psychological depth are two different things.
Okay. Some think so, others don't. You may be autistic and not realize this, but different people find different things interesting - interest us not something you as an individual can monopolize. It's not that I see your point, but you want to know the truth?

You're just bitter. Bitter that Rei is relevant and has actual clout in Evangelion, while you're doll waifu Asuka has nothing.

>Saying "she's interesting!" doesn't make it true.
Yet it's a fact that she's interesting for many. In other words, cry as much as you want. It's the facts you need to accept.

>And what's her conclusion?
Rei's conclusion is defining not just for her, but the necessary conclusion all characters MUST make after her in the instrumentality scene. That above all else, she is herself. Who she is changes over time and by the experiences she has with otheres.

The point is, Rei isn't defined by anyone else than herself, and that is valuable - in other words, it's a powerful statement important for everyone everywhere. Rei dignifies this notion through a character arc that you believe in.
That I have to explain something that is outright stated in the series here is clearly indicative that you're full of shit. As expected of an Asukafag.

>I'd challenge you to reply without falling back to your stump speeches about how she's free and how Asuka is a doll.
I'll mention it just to piss it you off, and because it's true: The reason for Asuka's downfall is because she failed to be as great as Rei.
Thus Asuka is a puppet, and Rei is not.

Asuka dies because she was a puppet who got in the EVA, and piloted it like a puppet without purpose.

Attached: bf565b8b640ec5cc52cbfb1da7744271.jpg (1030x1469, 198K)

I wonder what historians will think about the waifu wars once the Yea Forums archives are rediscovered hundreds of years from now.

If you're reading this from the future, we all decided that Misato was best girland moot is still a fag

Attached: shinji weed.png (400x400, 14K)

The difference betweeh him and you is that your description of Rei isn't true.
Stop being so bitter and jealous of Rei.

>using the words of a director that was butthurt that Asuka wasn't popular enough as proof
>even though the canon series disproves you

Yeah, talk about mental gymnastics. Nothing Anno says can change that Rei is godlike in NGE, while Asuka is a literal cumrag in EOE.

Attached: 1563333792595.jpg (674x2028, 164K)

Who? Exceptional Taste By the Way.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-07-16-17h33m03s098.png (1440x1080, 1.65M)

>be a bitch 100% of the time
And part of what makes Asuka interesting is why she acts like a bitch to Shinji. That's the perspective that Reifags never seem to care about examining: not just what characters are like, but why they're that way. You just care that Rei is sweet and Asuka is mean. You don't care about why they're the way they are, which should be and is the foundation of why their characters are (or aren't) interesting.
>redeem yourself without a good fight
She fought exceptionally and would have won if the Eva Series didn't have S2 cores and artificial Lances.

>What drives Rei is elegantly explained by herself early on, she pilots to defeat the Angels and because it's her bond with all people. For Rei, piloting is an end to a means.
Ah yes, you're right, that is her motivation. She's literally an alien and her motivation for piloting Eva is an essentially inhuman, god-like desire to protect humanity. And then you go on to say:
>Asuka is brainwashed
Yes, Asuka's reasons for piloting Eva derive from a place of insecurity.

What I'm about to say is important, and I'm going to leave after this, so please think about this: you're judging whether Rei and Asuka are good characters based on how "good" or "bad" they are, on how "sweet" or "bitchy" they are, on how "rational" or "irrational" they are. These qualities may define how positive an influence on the world these characters are, but they're not the foundation of what makes their characters interesting. These are two very different things and you're fixated on the former and ignoring the latter.

>pretends to not know Anno is a huge Asukafag and is literally SEETHING that Rei was more than twice as popular as Asuka

lmao, what asuka fan cope

Anno is so fucking biased he LITERALLY projects Asuka onto his wife

Attached: ebler5ckh7wxojgtqvrfpdhulatg4hwx_hq.jpg (764x640, 44K)

>What drives Rei is elegantly explained by herself early on, she pilots to defeat the Angels and because it's her bond with all people.
Why do Reifags have to come up with headcanons like this to justify their waifu choice? Asukafags don't make up motivations like this.

Rei pilots because Gendo tells her to. This is explicit and inarguable.

Misato&Asuka is the purest form of love.

Attached: misato asuka kiss.png (737x1115, 593K)

Giga cope. He literally made Rei to be a personalityless drone and was disgusted that people actually have abhorrent enough taste to like that and delude themselves that she's more than that. That's all there is to it.

>But we're talking about Rei III
the absolute state of this board

>Ah yes, you're right, that is her motivation. She's literally an alien and her motivation for piloting Eva is an essentially i-
gonna stop you there. I didn't say any of that.
So the rest you said is 100% bullshit. I'm sorry but strawmen do not actually count as actual arguments kid.

Look, I'm really fucking sorry about Asuka being a representation of a worthless human being who in Eva-terms represents escapism, but that's the deal you were given. You're free to watch all the porn of Asuka you want, but nothing changes this fundamental fact.

see mental help immediately

>Why do Reifags have to come up with headcanons like this to justify their waifu choice? Asukafags don't make up motivations like this.

That's something Rei actually said. Episode five or six. Go ahead.

>I didn't say any of that.
So the rest you said is 100% bullshit. I'm sorry but strawmen do not actually count as actual arguments kid.
I know you didn't say that. *I* was saying it.

It's literally in this episode. Rei says the exact same thing the user says.
Rei also tells Gendo to fuck himself basically on more than one occasion, when she takes the EVA to do what she thinks is right.

>Giga cope. He literally made Rei to be a personalityless drone and was disgusted that people actually have abhorrent enough taste to like that and delude themselves that she's more than that. That's all there is to it.

Yeah, that's how you rationalize Asuka losing to Rei. Sad for you, but in the canon, Rei is a akin to a God (Llith) and Asuka just represents otaku escapism.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン/Ep.06 「第六話 EPISODE:6 決戦、第3新東� (1440x1080, 1.85M)

All discussions of character development and personality aside, can we all at least agree that Asuka is more attractive on a purely physical level?

Attached: AsukaCosplay.jpg (1200x1798, 134K)

>reifags seethe about their waifu being an alien without personality: the thread

Attached: 1561991995326.jpg (1080x1350, 101K)

In other words, a strawman. Like, grow the fuck up. You're probably a twenty-something defending the "honor" of your shitty redhead doll waifu.

You're going to have this "debate" every day with a billion different people and it will NEVER change because fundamentally, Asuka is worse than Rei on the objective level. It's fine if you like Asuka more, she's interesting and all that, but you're making the EXACT same mistake the series tries to make you avoid.

You're not supposed to view Asuka as this "pure fighting girl" archetype, you're supposed to see a broken, doll-like girl who doesn't even have enough of a personality to separate herself from just the "job" of an EVA-pilot.
She's a textbook case of escapism, she uses the fantasy of being the best giant robot pilot to avoid her real problems. JUST LIKE FUCKING OTAKU DID AT THE TIME WITH GIANT ROBOT ANIME.
Yet here you are, proving that you watched EVA and learned nothing. Absolutely disgusting.

>People Grill Kaworufags for the Idea Shinji was falling for an Angel
>Love the Reincarnation of Lilith who literally ushered in the end of the world Herself and consider the Nonrelationship Shinji had with her canon and Ideal.
>Other morons couldn't get past the Tsundere Pleb Filter and accept the superficial loud-mouthed human doll instead.

Reifags and Asukucks must accept that there was only one winner for best girl. One didn't even have a chance to begin with.

Attached: This Kills the Reifags.png (1440x1080, 1.27M)

It's only a strawman if I was asserting that as your point. I wasn't. It was my point.

lmao at Asukafags pretending Asuka isn't a doll

Attached: D_A4eZjVAAAocFN.jpg (497x499, 64K)

>dude made up quotes lmao
>dude attempting to boil characters down to one line lmao
Pretty cringe desu.

Quit trying. You don't have any actual arguments, this is as good as settled.

The only topic worth discussing is why you act like a retarded child.

Almost like using cringe the way you just did.

>r-rei isn't the doll even if she was explicitly written to be one, asuka is!!!! btfo!!!!

I've made plenty of arguments. We were talking and you decided to start shouting "strawnan!!!" when I wasn't actually making a strawman.

Old hag.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第25話 Air (BDrip (1920x1080, 2.25M)

imagine havjng a German waifu that only talks shit and abuses you, baka get a life

>all these plebs itt
Maya > Asuka > Misato > Rei > Ritsuko > Hikari

Attached: 333b3a8b0fef9039044735eb3c91da7a.jpg (2502x3406, 1.19M)

reibutt

Attached: reibutt.png (423x500, 196K)

See, this is the cringe shit I'm talking about.

>b-bUt ReI waS suPPOsD To B da DOlL

Who the fuck would buy your insane bullshit when anyone who sees the series, can just point out that Asuka ends as a will-less doll puppet, while Rei goes on to BTFO everyone, becoming God.

There's an insurmountable level here no fanwank can get over.

We've already settled the matter.

Asuka is a dumb fuckpuppet, by way of being written as one.
Rei is a stronger character and a better person, by wayof being written as one.

Back off, she's mine.

Attached: Maya.png (1440x1080, 2.42M)

Definitely.
Physically the two have very similar bodies, but the difference is that Asuka dresses sexy and tries to look attractive to get validation while Rei has no sexuality. Even when we see Rei naked, she's not attractive at all because she's just standing in a normal position with no sense of arousal or shame. It's no wonder fan art tends to portray Rei as more cute and shy, which is what Reifags project onto her.

>can just point out that Asuka ends as a will-less doll puppet, while Rei goes on to BTFO everyone, becoming God.
Like I said earlier, you're mistaking a character being important to the plot with a character being *interesting*.

So you're just ignoring everything I said and retreating back to the position you started at. Got it.

Fuck this fight is like the highlight of the series for me

Asuka is likened to a expendable doll several times in the series.

Why do Asukafags even try to pretend the relationship is somehow reversed?

Attached: 2okuwg9090701.jpg (720x480, 14K)

You can stop seething now. Read because it really, really applies to you.

Attached: large.jpg (800x450, 61K)

Attached: 2yzvx088bo121.jpg (2600x1300, 1.13M)

A look into the mind of :
>access "defend rei stump speech"
>use attack: "asuka is a doll"
>repeat until bump limit reached

The slow, beautiful music on top of it was such a great choice.

Gendos absence in shinjis life made shinji the anxiety ridden teen who suffers from abandonment issues and constantly avoids relationships. He has manipulated countless people and is very clearly NOT intended to be cool, he's just a psychopath, who is also a little cool

First the Asukafags and Reifags will destroy each other.
Then will come the time of the Misatofags and Ritsukofags, who will also eventually destroy each other.
In the end, Mayafags will inherit these threads as the last ones standing.

>rEi HaViNg ThE bIgGeSt CoNsEqUeNcEs On ThE pLoT mAkEs HeR a GoOd ChArAcTeR!

>Reifags
post facts
>Asukafags
SEETHE NO U SEETHE NO U

Sad.

>anno LITERALLY says rei is a doll
>rei is LITERALLY a doll throughout the entire series
>reifags will STILL mental gymnastics away form this
It's okay if you like rei more, just admit it's because your ideal waifu is a characterless fuck doll and stop with the BS.

This and any scene where Unit-01 goes berserk is absolute kino.

Attached: LelielDeath.jpg (920x514, 65K)

Jealous Asukafag detected

sad that Asuka is a insignificant speck while Rei and Shinji determine the future of man together

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第26話 まごこ� (1920x1080, 2.2M)

>Anno never says Rei is a doll
>Rei literally acts like a self-reflected guru throughout the series
>Asuka acts like a brainwashed child soldier who just terminates when NERV cancels her role
>Asukafags will STILL makeup BS quotes and pretend to defend their waifus honor

It's okay if you like Asuka more, just admit it's because your ideal waifu is a characterless fuck doll and stop with the BS.

>>Anno never says Rei is a doll
see andkeep coping

Come on. It's all right. I understand you were mad when Anno didn't give your waifu anything except a gory death, and made her invalid in the last stretch of the series, while Shinji, Rei and the rest of the gang go on to save the world.

You're also really mad Rei was more than twice as popular, got critical acclaim, while Asuka didn't I guess.

Attached: eoe-hospital-asuka-A.jpg (280x154, 8K)

>Anno: In the midst of making Eva, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten her. Her very existence. For example, in episode seven, I remembered and added one shot with Rei. I had no attachment to her at all. I think that was okay, because in episode eight, she didn't appear. Not even in a single shot.

>constantly avoids relationships
Shinji did nothing wrong; Asuka is an absolute cunt, Rei can barely consent, Hikari is spoken for and Misato is a geriatric alcoholic pedophile. He only snaps in EoE because he spent his entire life surrounded by such horrible people.

See, your post is proof Asukafags are crazy. Nowhere does Anno say anything like that in that comment.

You're desperate, reaching, and mentally insane.

>muh israel
yikes, quit shoving your jew obsession into anime

You misunderstand. I'm fine with Asuka's fate. What I have a problem is your belief that Rei's fate somehow makes her a more interesting character. A more *fortunate* character? Sure, but more interesting? That's a hard sell.

>SEE GUYS!
>ANNO SAID HE FORGOT ABOUT REI IN ONE EPISODE!
>EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS IN EVERY EPISODE ANYWAY, AND ASUKA CAME IN LIKE SEVEN EPISODES AFTER REI, THIS MEANS ASUKA IS BETTER!
>NO OF COURSE THE SERIES DOESNT MATTER; WHAT MATTER IS THAT ANNO LIKES ASUKA!

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 94K)

This is the thing that really shows what types of people fall for what type of character.
It would seem to me that Asuka fans like Asuka for everything she wasn't, i.e strong and popular, and they also place more importance about what the author says about the character, than the character itself.
Meanwhile Rei fans seem to be able to analyze and be more objective about the work itself, only using the author's comments to contextualize the production and creation of the text itself.

Rei I is closer to Lilith, she has disdain toward all her shitty kids, and wants to be one with Adam.

>You're also really mad Rei was more than twice as popular, got critical acclaim
Why do reifags always say this when it's only true among low t gooks?

She's a member of the masterrace after all.

"People" ignore Rei's entire character arc and instead just jack off to the fuckdoll regardless of the irony.
Rei might not be a doll, but so sure as fuck is in the eyes of every waifufag.

Which is why you move the goalpost to "BUt IfINd ASkA MoRE intEReSSTing".

If you weren't autistic you'd understand that isn't an actual argument with any value. Nor can you argue it on a general basis. What people, including you, find interesting is personal.
What we have are the facts. Rei was more interesting than Asuka by at least twice the factor in Eva's original run.

The reasons why are fairly obvious, Rei presents herself as modest, humble, yet intelligent and self-reflected, saving not just everyone's lives many times, but Asuka's too. What Rei has to say as a character is also interesting and applies to everyone.

Asuka on the other hand, is a complete failure and a downright cunt no one really likes, except for her fantasy cunt. Not that she isn't interesting, but less so than Rei.

She tries to put moves on Kaworu as his caretaker equivalent to Misato in his Raising Project (you can unlock it in Shinji Ikari Raising Project VN after completing the Thanatos scenario) but Kaworu only had eyes for Shinji.

>this whole thread
>no one vouches for Hikari

I mean Misato is still best girl, but it's strange that no one has brought up this perfectly respectable option.

Attached: Hikari.jpg (640x480, 50K)

You analyze what isn't there, rei has literally no personality and it's pathetic at the straws you fags grasp to to pretend like she does and justify your shit taste.

It's more that Asukafags prefer to use more tangible information as evidence, whereas Reifags use abstract concepts that are hard to falsify such as her importance to the events of the story and her supposed deeper motivation.

>Why does Rei III finally make an actual decision and decide to reject Gendo and give the choice to Shenji?
Because Rei II chose to love Shinji, and Rei I never wanted lilin in the first place, she wanted Adam (that's why she sees Kaworu before she's killed - that's her heart's desire). So she ripped Adam from Gendo's hand to merge together and then went for Shinji.

Attached: 1367350.jpg (1400x1058, 227K)

Sneed

What boggles my mind the most is that Anno can literally

- Take Asuka
- Showcase her into realistically breaking down and exposing her as a doll in episodes 7-24
- Literally take the main character beta self insert
- Showcase asuka's lifeless body being manhandled in a bed
- Have said beta mc character expose her tits, and then jerk off to her
- Then have said beta MC character say "i'm the lowest"

and Asukafags STILL don't take the fucking hint.

Asukafags are nothing but pathetic beta manchildren jerking it to a CARTOON CHARACTER whom they PRETEND is mean and abuse to them. They're the ultimate cucks.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第25話 Air (BDrip (1920x1080, 2.58M)

t. seething Asukafags
I'm not buying it Asukafags. It's literally the opposite and this thread proves it again.

There's no tangible evidence from Asuka fans but I see dozense of screenshots and in-show arguments from everyone else. Wake up.

This.

Asukafags never used evidence. Ever.

You won't find anyone saying why they find Asuka interesting. When they do, it's for traits Asuka never had, revealing that they're just fanwanking in the first place. Unless it's like
where it comes clear that it's only waifufaggotry and cartoon pedophilia that drives these asukafag clowns.

The creators had to have known they would cause this war.

Attached: 1527883637011.png (1259x1205, 592K)

I think is more complex than that. The characters represented things for Shinji and embodied in his mind, positive and negative.

Asuka represented sex and rejection, Rei represented understanding but also dependence that comes with it, Kaworu represented love and betrayal. Like you can't risk to lust for someone without open the possibility for them to reject you, if you come to love someone, they can betray you, if you lean on someone who understands you, you risk to grow too depended on them (that's also why Rei had the Mother stuff: the one who understands but could make you stagnant).

Pretty much. I never see Asuka fans use any actual proof from the show, they just go about some weird stuff like "oh everyone likes Rei because she's weak and submissive", but somehow fail to acknowledge that the in-series Rei was worlds stronger mentally, physically and arguably iconically than Asuka was.
Original Rei could take a shitload of pain, while all you had to do was be better than Asuka for her to break. Which everyone was.

It's a nice straw man's worth of bullet points but that scene is about Shinji's own cowardice and the scene only functions as a contrast to how he treats her as a person when she's awake and capable of hurting him.

That's a nonsensical view, for one important reason:
Rei is the character that drives Shinji forward, whether it's taking responsibility to pilot the EVA, or inspires him with her own strength.

In the End of Evangelion, and the original ending, the one guiding Shinji out of the calamity of his depression is none other than Rei as well.

While it's not a bad interpretation, your interpretation is of something else than Evangelion.

I doubt they ever expected people having enough shit taste to unironically like Rei.

And here we have it gentlemen, the COPE post of the Asukafag: who literally cannot take a hint even if it's graphically shoved in his face.

The only thing Anno could have done that was more explicit, was feature himself with a giant sign saying "STOP JERKING OFF TO ASUKA, YOU SICK FUCKS"

>if she and Shinji completely "communicated" there, then isn't she over with? At that moment, Rei, for me, was finished. When she smiled, she was already finished, this character.
>t. anno
This is the kiddy pool depth of a character you adore reifags. It doesn't matter what plot significance she held at the end, her substance as a character is utter shit and she is forever worst girl.

The manga is my preferred outlet for Evangelion solely because Rei is more fleshed out and takes more prominence in Shinji's life

>strawman bullet points
>things that actually, canonically happened in the show
>even with actual screenshot proof

There's just no hope for these delusional Asukafags are there.

On the day of the spear, all Asukafags will be skewered.

>he's a good guy, he can fly, and he has a silver sword that can kill bad guys

Attached: the.jpg (474x321, 26K)

>All the seething Reifags in this thread

>Anno says a character was finished, in a context that concerns specifically her first arc with shinji
vs
>Rei actually going on developing for 20 more episodes after episode 6, and being the main character alongside Shinji who develops in End of Evangelion

This is just eternal proof that Asuka fans don't accept reality, but prefer a fantasy world.

20 YEARS

Attached: 1560287743219.jpg (375x395, 29K)

Anyone else see the similarities between Dune and Eva?

Can someone explain to me why Asuka fans use out-of-text material to prove their waifus superiority?

Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? If you can't use the text to show why Asuka is best, haven't you lost already?

>rei
>developing
lmao she's the same doll throughout before randomly disobeying gendo once

Isn't that the official point of the show? Becoming okay with the risk of opening up to real people?

Alright let's analyze 99% of rei's "text"
>
>
>
>
>
>

Was he gay?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-17-17-54-43.png (1280x720, 360K)

>Rei presents herself as modest, humble, yet intelligent and self-reflected
>Asukafags are nothing but pathetic beta manchildren jerking it to a CARTOON CHARACTER whom they PRETEND is mean and abuse to them.
Reifags always seem to think that
>nice girl = good character
>mean girl = for masochists only
This is as far as their understanding of the characters go. It's disappointing really.

>thing's that happened
kek
Appropriating the doll terminology for Asuka when her character arc has nothing to do with that telegraphs you're only the most bitter, jilted, and inferiority driven reifag.
Asuka laying on the table without agency is a contrast to her as a character, which in turn illicits a contrast in Shinji's behavior.
Neither characters behavior in that seen is typification for their characters.

Writers don't really have that much control over the depth of a character.

Cope, Asukafag.

No he was just infected by the curse of Oneitis

This was my favorite scene

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-22-03-31-32.png (1280x720, 485K)

No, just a moralfag who didn't feel like fucking a teenager.

do you think 4.0 will satisfy the wait? Why the fuck did it take so long? I remember i saw 1.0 in my first year of uni, now im gonna be 30 this year. I want to die

Even Anno said Asuka was for masochists.

Sorry but get a life kid. Maybe when your balls drop you'll see why Misato and Rei are better.

No he wanted someone laid back like Misato, not some high-octane arrogant whiny bitch.

No, in fact he was a known womanizer. In the end he still had love for Misato. He cares for Asuka, but recognizes her as the emotionally damaged girl that she is.

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Attached: Eva - Episode 02 - The Beast.mkv_snapshot_09.46_[2017.12.17_12.37.32].jpg (720x544, 163K)

He just prefered adult women to teenage girls. This concept is completely alien to this site though, so I understand your confusion.

>>nice girl = good character
>>mean girl = for masochists only
Isn't this true? Mean girls can also be good for sadists, i guess.

This is on Netflix?

It's not a nonsesical view, Anno has written a bit about what represents what in Shinji's mind. Rei's positive part is that she helped him to understand others and understand her, but also EoE had her accepting him and coddle him which wasn't positive, she didn't even put barriers over that either. Anno has been clear that Rei = return to the womb danger. This doesn't mean she's a negative character but Shinji can fall into the pit of using her as crutch and have negative consequences. I think by the end of the series/movie, he let the negatives trump the positive and why EoE happened was due to that. He only felt the rejection, focused on betrayal and depended on Rei's offer, at the end however, he finally realized his wrongs. That's why Rei and Kaworu come to him and say what they represent in his heart:
Rei = the hope we can understand each other.
Kaworu = The words I love you.

Then finally faces Asuka no longer being weighted down by rejection. Rejection isn't just understood as sexual here only, but the fear of being rejected by people so Instrumentality was a means this wouldn't happen. The last scene had to be with Asuka because of that.

Attached: 1353962382710.jpg (900x900, 899K)

>Appropriating the doll terminology for Asuka when her character arc has nothing to do with that

uh

except, this: Why give Asuka this complex if not?

>source: my ass

It's not alien, not even rare or a contrarian notion.

Remember to watch the dubbed version.

Yes, they are all real people, user. Anno said all characters of Eva except Mari represent sides of himself.

he just thought they'd like the nip/burger version of blacked.

Helen of Sparta > Oenone of Troy
waifu wars are a proud and noble profession dating back 3,200 years
>mfw

Attached: hector.jpg (1920x800, 179K)

It's nonsensical because it directly contradicts what happened in Evangelion. It's nice that you have this view, but as long as this: >118202425

holds true in reference to EoE and NGE, then your interpretation is logically and thematically impossible.

Rei is working to get Shinji OUT of the womb in EoE and NGE.

>cope
The one writing entire posts worth of fan fiction because someone called his waifu a doll in one big gloried "no ur waifu is a doll" is a bigger cope than I could even dream of writing.

I now understand Mari-fags even more.

pfff Gendo was designed after Sadamoto, can't believe you people still trust anything that comes out of Anno's mouth

庵野「S(サディスト)の人は、間違いなくレイにいきますよね、S願望で。M(マゾヒスト)の人はアスカにいくと思うんですけどね。で、同世代の年代の女の人と、精神的に子どもの人はミサトにいく傾向がある。」

Anno: Sadists, without question, go to Rei, because of their sadistic desires. I believe that masochists go to Asuka. And, there is a tendency for women of the same generation and people who are children mentally to go to Misato.

Now kill yourself Asukafag. Uneducated swine.

>unfinished character
>No resolution
She touches shinjis face at the end

Nice cope.

>discussing a shitflix show
kys

user, that doesn't change the fact she enabled him to go to the womb first. I never disagree she wouldn't help him out later, I said she and Kaworu did so Shinji finally cleared what they were to him the 100% positive traits so he finally was ready to face rejection which pushed him there too. Asuka was the last one he needed to face.

Attached: Stonetoss.png (780x800, 194K)

Really?

You watched this show, all the way to the end, and didn't think NERV training Asuka since she was a few years old to pilot their robot, to the point where Asuka's entire personality is based around being the best pilot she can be, isn't a little bit manpulative?
When they juxtapose Asuka with a doll in the story, and make doll imagery fly by (ok, you could have missed this) in her mind entrance event, there's no grounds for it?
Even though Asuka who is known to defend herself by putting up a wall around herself, and attack others, goes around calling others dolls, there's nothing here for the character concerning dolls?

Even when said character breaks down because NERV takes away what defined her personality, and she comes alive again when they give it back, there's nothing there that doesn't imply that they have leverage over her person?

Attached: 1562021788203.png (1141x856, 1.42M)

Doesn't matter when his role was to be Shinji's shadow what he could be if he doesn't mature.

>user, that doesn't change the fact she enabled him to go to the womb first.
Well, that's not a fact.

She didn't enable him. SEELE had already made that possible beforehand. The only reason Rei is there, is explicitly to stop him from going in there permanently.

There's a glaring flaw in your interpretation, and it remains a logically and thematical impossible one.

So why did Adam and Lilith fall for Shinji? I can't imagine him to be very appealing.

Evangelion unit 1 was the best girl. Protected shinji right off the bat. Fuck those other tiny fleshbags.

SEELE no longer controlled the ritual.

Instrumentality was a choice. It didn't even begin until Shinji said everyone should die, THEN the Hybrid complied his wishes. I'm not even blaming them, Shinji was incapable of doing anything but seeking to return to the womb because he felt hurt. I do think Rei helped him out but he did use her for this.

Adam arguably didn't. He was just insane.

With Rei it's simple, as Rei and Shinji have actual development together. Rei has bled on Shinji, they've fought together alone through the fire, and Rei provides an intimacy Shinji lacks, while Shinji provides kind human contact Rei never had.

It's obvious to see why Shinji would have Rei's divine grace.

The doll represents something she wanted not something she is and no amount of pretending you're retarded will convince me you're being anything but deliberately specious.

SEELE was always in control of the ritual, up until Rei assimilates the MP-EVA's fully.
By this point, Shinji has already expressed his wish for it to die.

It's Shinji's choice, and in-universe Rei is attempting to disable Shinji from doing what he's about to do.

>Rei: So, you've only been able to find happiness in your dreams.
>Shinji: Then, this isn't reality. This world where no one exists.
>Rei: Right. It's a dream.
>Shinji: So I'm not here either.
>Rei: This convenient fabrication is your attempt at a revenge against reality.
>Shinji: Is it wrong?
>Rei: You escaped into imagination, and distorted the truth.
>Shinji: Is it wrong to have my own dream?
>Rei: That is not a dream. It would just be compensating for reality.

>Rei: Because the truth hurts everyone. It's awfully painful.
>Shinji: But ambiguity just makes me insecure.
>Rei: That's just an excuse.

Asuka acts like a doll, gets handled like a doll (literally unconsciously moved around into the EVA), and is symbolically connected with a doll.
Hell, even her own mother mistook a doll for Asuka.

Sorry Asukafag. But that's how it is. The precedence is there in character and symbology.

>submissive carpetmuncher
>being best than anything

>seele was always in control
So in control they sent fire teams in a desperate attempt to overrun Tokyo-3.
The more you repeat your desperate no u the less I care.

Half of Lilith bonded with Shinji, so Gendo lost her favor after he saved her and showed her compassion. Note Lilith isn't very fond of her children at all. Adam and Shinji felt love at first sight in the typical star crossed lovers way, but I feel NGE 2 game which explores Kaworu's own loneliness and fears thanks to Anno kind of answers why they were mutually drawn to each others upon their meeting.

Plus they were both lab rats who had little contact with others, their souls were retrieved and put in vessels for the Evil Adult plans, and the way they fucked with their bodies isn't really nice. Kaworu lived in insolated surrounded by shady old guys and he was still willing to do anything for them. Shinji basically made them try to shake off the manipulative old farts. Shinji explained how alike the three of them were.

Wow, Shinji and Rei really going at it there.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第26話 まごこ� (1920x1080, 2.3M)

It ain't a no u kid. It's the series which you pretend to like but secretly hate because your redhead waifu you bet on lost to Rei.

Asuka HAS lots of doll symbols around her, and even the handlers she had when she was a child referred to her as a doll.
She also acts and thinks like a doll.

You may not like it, but that's the actual Evangelion series.

>watching this shit as a 13-year-old

Attached: 1511134619522.jpg (500x671, 66K)

ALRIGHT ENOUGH GAY SHIT ABOUT FAGGOTY "WAIFUS" IN THIS DUMPSTER FIRE OF CHARACTERS, LET'S POST BEST ANTAGONISTS.

Attached: ramiel.jpg (694x480, 37K)

You posted 'em!

more like miFATo lol

Yui modified Shinji to release SEED OF LIFE pheromones.

Attached: 1353722786849.jpg (500x552, 85K)

Asuka doesn't envy the doll because she is the doll and no amount of straw man interpretations of that symbology will make your posts make any logical sense.
You will never work out the object of envy equating to a symbol of personhood no matter how badly you with to contrive a big "no u" for all the times rei has been called a doll.

>So in control they sent fire teams in a desperate attempt to overrun Tokyo-3.
....the ritual hasn't started then.
The series starts when NERV commanded by Gendo doesn't want to submit to SEELE's plans. This prompted that invasion.

It's only when they bash NERV, and prompts the launch of EVA01, which again prompts the return of the lance - that SEELE suddenly have ALL the pieces they need in their hand - or so they think, since they don't who Rei really is.

They start it up, without Rei's help. It's after this Shinji's ego is destroyed, and then Rei steps in. See also for the kind of dialogue Rei has. She is explcitly telling Shinji that he's using his newfound powers to escape, which Rei criticizes.

>that other reply
wait, you're that insane asuka fan in this thread? No wonder you refuse to see any logic or thematic sense in this show.

More like SNEED OF LIFE.

Neither are good. This is a debate about shit vs more shit. Rei is completely devoid of personality and Asuka is a psychotic bitch who does nothing but whine about her retarded mother. Misato is by far the best girl of the series, hottest too.

But the angels are the cutest waifus in the show

>And, there is a tendency for women of the same generation and people who are children mentally to go to Misato.

t. Anno

HALLELUJAH!

Attached: arael.jpg (604x453, 28K)

Who cares man, Anno was a hack and didn't know what the fuck he was doing with his own series anyway. He must have been laughing all the way to the bank when this shitshow became a critical and commercial success

SEMPAI SEMPAI SEMPAI

Look anonymous I'm going to make this a simple for you as possible.
If you think Seele is in control of instrumentality at any point you don't understand Rei's character. Her passivity and resignation to other players is over from the moment she tells Gendo to fuck off.

I think the user means Adam and Lilith are 2 of the godlike seeds of life (there are 7 in total) as the mothers who terraform planets.

>"LET'S POST BEST ANTAGONISTS"
>posts the best antagonist

Guess we're done

hold on, what was the difference between rei 1 and rei 2 and rei 3

Attached: it's an angel!.jpg (650x463, 100K)

Never let them tell you Shinji never did anything right.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第26話 まごこ� (1920x1080, 2.41M)

FREUDE

FREUDE

FREUDE SCHONER GOTTERFUNKEN TOCHTER AUS ELYSIUM WIR BETRETEN FEUERTRUNKEN HIMMLISCHE DEIN HEILIGTUM

Will Anno ever name the other 5 seeds? He didn't give the one who NTRed Shinji a name.

in the end he gets cucked out of instrumentality for trying to steal it.

He's the real one who gets fucked.

He looks dead inside.

You've made it simple. You've directly ignored the source material because you didn't understand it the first time.
In your frustration, you fanwanked your own theory you liked.
Looking back at it now, your favorite theory does not match up with the canon, provable and citable text. It directly contradicts it, in fact.
So instead of being mature, sane and giving up on your fantasy to accept reality, you stick with it.

So yes you've made it simple for me. You are not sane, and your arguments are pure butthurt fantasy and not worth listening to.

Yui, Rei and Kaworu telling him to fuck off was rude. He'll have his revenge in Rebuild, he already fucked Rei and Kaworu and trapped them in Evas, and Yui isn't nowhere to be seen in Rebuild.

There was no difference.

Rei dies. She is reborn. There is amnesia and shock involved, causing some changes in her personality.

why isn't that robot drinking monster energy drink

EVANGELION?

IT'S A MASTERPIECE!

Attached: 1560269077279.png (632x756, 25K)

Almost right, but Misato is a dumb roastie. I guess if you've got an STD fetish then maybe. Hikari is by far best girl.

Rei I isn't Rei II but both are Rei III. Rei I's soul went to Eva 00. Rei III had her soul restored after Eva 00 was destroyed.

But.... they literally start it and say they're starting it in these scenes.
They even say how they're doing it and with what tools.

Man Asuka must be one hell of a drug to make people act as retarded as you. They even do the creepy prayer shit too in this scene, before Rei even takes her Lilith body back.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws] 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 -The End of Evangelion- 第26話 まごこ� (1920x1080, 2.15M)

I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO SHINJI'S PROBLEMS, HE IS SUCH A WELL-WRITTEN AND DEEP CHARACTER

Attached: 1519014658378.png (732x772, 34K)

That's not true.

Rei I's soul never went to EVA00.

>overanalysing a poorly written mess
>dedicating your life to a japanese cartoon this hard
Idiot. How depressing

I can't relate and I still think he's well written. He reminds me of my incel friends

Misato is just the average woman, not a roastie.

>see because seele triggered Instrumentality that means they were controlled it
There is no possible set of circumstances where seele is ever in charge of instrumentality after Rei stood up for herself to Gendo.
If you don't see that it's because you're an idiot.

Evangelion is a masterpiece with deep symbolism! It was the first of it's k-kind!

Attached: 1553834204907.gif (307x343, 22K)

That's a dumb fanwank theory. Rei's soul goes to Rei I, II and III.

>well written

Attached: 1527113462919.gif (413x243, 51K)

It's fun.
Even Eva fans know it rips off a whole lot of older, more original shows and movies.

Imagine being this upset about cartoons

Attached: hothea_composure.png (424x480, 114K)

>bump limit
Good riddance.

>It's fun.
fun? FUN?! FUUUUUUN!!!! FUN FUN FUN!!!!

I LOVE FUN! IT'S FUN THAT'S ALL THE MATTERS!!

Attached: 1561356820112.png (703x800, 37K)

Did you not enjoy?

Attached: 1528573427486.jpg (483x305, 30K)

you're damn right its okay
hot chicks > cute girls

Fun things are fun!
Why are you so worked up over this?

Attached: evangelion_caramelldansen.gif.cf.gif (544x384, 507K)

Alright guys everyone migrate:

when did rei 1 and 2 die again

But that's literally the case though. Hot women can do what they want to people because it's enjoyable to get molested by a horny big tiddy temptress. No one wants to get creeped on by some ugly loser. Different standards apply as they should, accept it

Yes? It did. Go and read your material. In fact, the three Reis are addressed as different characters and their regret was to not make Rei III distinctive.

EVANGELION IS SO GOOD NO OTHER ANIME CAN EVEN COMPARE, THEY JUST DONT HAVE THE SAME DEEP THEMES AND CHARACTERS

Attached: 1560600029120.jpg (726x745, 81K)

This is canonically wrong.

Seele strikes a match and in their arrogance they imagine themselves the masters of fire. Were it not for Rei III's intervention they wouldn't have even gotten that far.
You can tell that they're rather incorrect about the nature of their command of the situation by watching The End of Evangelion.

fun thread

Evangelion is so deep and meaningful! Am I right guys?

Attached: 1538953929547.jpg (821x797, 120K)

whyd they actually do it other then they were the last angel?

Yeah, no. I've watched it. You're bullshitting.

All they do is done BEFORE Rei III does anything.

that pic is what pretty much everyone in this thread looks like. same pretty much applies to every eva thread on Yea Forums

LOL no
>Although the personalities of these three Rei differ from one another, this is due to environmental factors. Their soul is one and the same, and it appears to have been that of Lilith. At the final stage of the Instrumentality Project, Rei betrayed Gendou, returned to Lilith of her own judgment and entrusted the future to Gendou's son -- Shinji Ikari.

Rei was killed by Naoko, revived, and then gave her life against Armisael, and reborn again.

They were in control. They had the MP-EVA's, the Lance, and EVA01. They went for it.

Rei doesn't do anything until after they've already fired up the doom weapon.

Hey, aren’t all of these girls underage?

>gendo didn't get cock blocked by Rei III before anything they did
Wew lad you really are stupid.
And once again you want to prance about seeing the trees instead of the forest willfully ignorant that it's simply inconceivable Rei was going to be a passive observer in instrumentality.
You don't understand her character.

There are THREE Evangelion Strip Mahjong games

most anime waifus are. Don't let hiro find out.

>Rei doesn't do anything until after they've already fired up the doom weapon.
Rei was never going to resign herself to instrumentality. Not for Gendo. Not for seele. Not for anyone but Shinji Ikari.
You're hung up on idiotic details like causality while ignoring her as a person.
How very, very reifag of you, to ignore her actual person.