Netflix loses U.S. subs

Netflix is already losing subscribers even before Friends and The Office are gone. Disney+ and HBO Max aren’t even out yet.

wsj.com/articles/netflixs-new-subscriptions-fall-short-in-latest-quarter-11563395753

Attached: 02047772-2154-4B98-91D7-7541589943B1.jpg (1242x1623, 911K)

Attached: 974B1D15-EBE4-4389-8AC0-3DD68F6221AF.jpg (1242x811, 336K)

more interracial relationships perhaps?

Tick tock. Netflix will completely collapse within the next few years. Disney & Apple will be the top dogs

My wife told me the other day that the only thing keeping her interested in Netflix is stranger things, but she hasn't seen the new season yet.

Attached: 1558646863935.jpg (796x290, 97K)

I started using Netflix when it mailed you DVDs and now I'm finally cancelling it. After I watch the new Last Chance U season I'm out. Feels good

Attached: BrainletKCRemix - Copy.jpg (319x355, 35K)

stock drops 12% after hours

clearly they're not diverse enough
they need to double down

Netflix used to make good shows. I wonder what happened.

Looks like Netflix isn't going to be some great monopoly which can crank up fees and creators have nowhere else to go.

You dont know how excited I am to cancel my subscription. I just need to finish a couple of anime first.

Yeah, my parents are Stranger Things subscribers for one month, then they cancel again.

I dunno how anyone finds anything to watch on there with that god awful mobilized interface. If there is anything worth watching you'll probably never come across it. Would it kill them to just us a list of shit sorted by year of release?

I tried to watch Friends on netflix and it was absolute dog shit. How was that show ever popular?

I'm not the only one who's thinking they went woke and now they're going broke, right? Ever since they removed the thumbs up/thumbs down feature to protect the image of that fat blonde chick comedian that shouted about her cunt, they've been steadily acquiring an incredibly liberal, leftist library. Everything has to be about race or immigration or gays or trannies. Even shows thoroughly separated from those politics are filled with them for no reason. No wonder they're losing people once they don't have Friends and The Office, those are two of the few shows Netflix couldn't fuck up. I feel like they're going to crash and burn hard, and nobody is even going to bother picking up their programming for anything more than pennies. There will be new youtube shows that are just likable faces watching and reviewing the worst of what the library had to offer, and the whole thing will exist as a time capsule for the 2010s, the most embarrassing and gayest decade America has ever suffered through.

How can Netflix even compete with the Bezos Chad?

>Wheel of Time
>$200 million Lord of the Rings prequel
>Gillian Flynn's Utopia with redpilled Cusack
>Snowcrash in dev
>first dibs on Warhammer
>Jack Reacher with Childs' fully aboard for casting (no offense Tom)
>The Dark Tower with white lead and huge budget, fully faithful. Idris btfo
>Asimov's Foundation from Jonathan Nolan, who left Westworld

Amazon is swinging big. I'm curious to see all these pilots. The SJW agenda is tempered vs Netflix being jooed out. The money ends up on screen. Male centric vs Netflix ruled by Brooklyn sluts that do coke in bathrooms with Ezra Miller.

This fucking thing needs to die.

This is such a stupid fucking strategy, guy has balls but he's betting the ranch on something a fucking 1st year marketing student will tell you is a bad idea.

Amy Schumer and esp Orange is the New Black were the first cracks in the firmament. They also let David Fincher go to HBO so House of Cards went full LGBT orgy and then muh feminism leader. By the time Fincher swang back he had all the leverage so he made Mindhunter which their only decent show, but now he's making a $70 million biopic about a Jewish writer who said Orson Welles ripped him off. Vanity project of the millennium.

If Netflix is smart they'll pay Duffers $300 million to begin developing five more shows/movies including a ST spin-off. They need to triple down on huge geeky IP that has very little blue hair sexual faggotry. Even Altered Carbon could have been kino if they went full Verhoeven instead of Sense8 dildotronix.

And wtf is Apple+ doing? That $100m space show looks like classroom naptime.

It's the show every 30 and 40yo white American woman is wistful for because it justified them having casual sex before Sex and the City and Girls sent them to the red wine glory hole of no return. Every white girl compared herself to one of the girls, and every guy she fucked was compartmentalized into a guy character. They'd even copy the hairstyles. It was sad

What is the future of streaming TV/movies?

What's happening more and more is that media companies are taking their content off Netflix and putting it onto their own in-house streaming services.

Netflix worked because you paid $10/mo for a large library of content. But that library is constantly depleting, replaced only by "originals" of increasingly poor quality. If you want to view the same library of content that existed in say, 2013, your only option (other than piracy) is to subscribe to a large number of these streaming services. $10/mo was reasonable, but most people aren't going to want to pay for all these different services.

Disney will probably succeed just because they have such a large and popular library. But I'm not sure about the rest of them, and I'm not sure what this is going to look like long-term.

Maybe we'll see the return of the rental system. YouTube has something like that, but it's VASTLY overpriced.

Attached: diginity.jpg (768x576, 328K)

>What is the future of streaming TV/movies?
There are murmurs Netflix will expand to gaming, and Charlie Brooker is in talks to oversee that expansion. Their biggest competitor as they like to publicly state isn't Amazon, it's Fortnite. Black Mirror with Bendersnatch was a baby step hinting at this direction.

That's the only way Netflix can fight back, corner the game steaming market worldwide.

I cancelled mine after I read they gave the Obamas a deal worth eight figures.

Not sure why they'd do that. Watch Google's Stadia to see how it actually works out. It probably won't work, unless they focus on games that are extremely input lag tolerant.

Literally identical to regular TV channel packages in everything but name. Buy your Entertainment Bundle featuring Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Stars, Cinemax or your Disney Bundle featuring Disney Direct, Hulu, etc.

not meeting unrealistic growth expectations doesn't mean losing subs dumbfuck.

Don't forget The Grand Tour
>$200 million Lord of the Rings prequel
Get ready for black Galadriel
>first dibs on Warhammer
Warhammer is going to get bezosed?